Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying extension as EU spouse inside Ireland

Options
  • 14-08-2017 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello all, I am a non-EU national and my wife is a Spanish national; we got married in Spain this year in February, applied for an Irish visa of accompany spouse in Ireland and got a three months 'C' visa to Ireland (BTW I did applied for Spanish visa and got a EU Family memver's year visa with no restrictions on my passport before i applied for Irish visa).

We moved to Ireland in July and I got my passport stamped with three months visa with work restrictions on Dublin airport. Afterwards we rented out an appartment my wife (EU national) got herself engaged in a small business;

Now my permission to remain in the Ireland is coming close to expire so I have to apply for an extension. We are still waiting for our PRTB and Tax registration Certificate from the revenue (don't know why they took that long).

My question here is as I am not living in County Dublin, where shall I apply for an extension i.e., with local GARDA (police) station or with EU treaty rights section in Dublin!

Do I have to get a medical insurance?

How long will it take to get a decision as my entry stamp is going to expire in September and I read alot that there is a big delay in Visa application processing! If it happens in my case then it means i'll become illegal here untill I hear anything from the Immigration!

Is there anyone here with similar case don't mind sharing his/her story!

Any suggestion for documentations and other stuff is highly appreciated.
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's probably best you talk to an immigration solicitor and get advice from a legal perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alfredkarmel

dudara wrote: »
    It's probably best you talk to an immigration solicitor and get advice from a legal perspective.

Thanks alot, do you a good solicitor in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We don't give recommendations here on Boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement