Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing name on property deeds

• 14-08-2017 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    New to Boards so not sure if this is right section. I recently divorced my ex and am now about to get mortgage in name of me and new partner. All seperation finacial aspects with ex have been finalised and she has signed over her rights to property.
    My question is aside from costs to change mortgage, is there a huge cost to change name on deeds of property. i.e remove ex partner and add new partner?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You'll have to get a solicitor to do this so best to talk to one. I have no idea how much it will cost, no two situations are the same and there may be complications that you as a (legal) layman are not aware of.

Advertisement