Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MYSQL User interface suggestion needed

Options
  • 14-08-2017 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,
    As my name suggests I'm an old time techie and I'm looking for some suggestions for what I can use to build web user interfaces into a MySQL database.

I’ve the SSL certs, hosting and data table structures put together already. What I need is the ability to build an interface that will allow for multi-user logins. Users will be allocated access subject to their user records ‘Role’ level assigned.

Wishful thinking I know but ideally a drag and drop suite of tools would be great. I’ve looked at using MS-Access but looks like Bill and his buddies have discontinued it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards
    The Old Timer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hi All,
    As my name suggests I'm an old time techie and I'm looking for some suggestions for what I can use to build web user interfaces into a MySQL database.

I’ve the SSL certs, hosting and data table structures put together already. What I need is the ability to build an interface that will allow for multi-user logins. Users will be allocated access subject to their user records ‘Role’ level assigned.

Wishful thinking I know but ideally a drag and drop suite of tools would be great. I’ve looked at using MS-Access but looks like Bill and his buddies have discontinued it.

Regards
    The Old Timer!

phpmyadmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TechieOldie

phpmyadmin?

Hi Buford T,
    Thanks for your response. I've already got the database structure and tables created using the phpadmin utilities, now on the hunt for tools to help build a user GUI for data entry etc.

Regards
    The Old Timer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Have you a preference for language or frameworks ?

Have you a preference for language or frameworks ?

Thx Buford T for your responses.
    No preferences just need something that I can use to quickly put some beta demos together, but I will need ability to lock down access by a user type.

Regards
    The Old Timer!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭SilverSideUp

Hi All,

Regards
    The Old Timer!

For simple data entry you can use basic html forms. For the user access, I use an Apache web server configured to limit user access to pages on the web server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

There's a product called Elevate Web Builder that implements an object Pascal/Delphi style language and RAD IDE that generates html/javascript pages. It's not particularly cheap - although maybe the trial version would be ok at this point?. There are a number of online demos that might give you a feel for what it can do.

D.

Thanks for the responses. I'm away for a few days so will review suggestions when back.

Regards
    The old timer!!

Advertisement