Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community DIY Garage Dublin Launched

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Goose81 wrote: »
    Stewy the last thing you did to your bike yourself was stick a bit of air in the tyres, I wouldn't worry if I was you. Youd pay for someone to stick a shiny dustcap on :D

Ya cheeky fecker ya,lol.

You would be surprised at the amount of work i actually do on my own bikes.
    Im not just a pretty face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

Ya cheeky fecker ya,lol.

You would be surprised at the amount of work i actually do on my own bikes.
    Im not just a pretty face.

Im only buzzing mate, good to have ya back!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

What a great idea. Fair play to all involved and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What a great idea. Fair play to all involved and best of luck.

Just wanted to say the same, the lads that have set this up are heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheSprocketCo

We're thinking about running some 'New Rider Classes' on a Wednesday evening. The class will be workshop based and is for people interested in getting a bike or those that have recently started riding.

We'll cover some topics like:
    - Safety gear & standards
    - Basic maintenance
    - Tips for buying a used bike
    - Pre-ride safety checks
    - Motorcycle facts & myths

etc.

If you or someone you know some new rider's that'd be interested, point them at our friend face page. Thanks

We also might follow that up with some maintenance classes. How to change your oil, chain, sprockets, consumables etc. Shout if that'd be of interest too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

We also might follow that up with some maintenance classes. How to change your oil, chain, sprockets, consumables etc. Shout if that'd be of interest too.

That's something I'd have an interest in. I've liked your Facebook page so will keep an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Great! There's a wee survey here to help us get an idea of who's interested: https://sprocket2.typeform.com/to/c5xgl2

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Great! There's a wee survey here to help us get an idea of who's interested: https://sprocket2.typeform.com/to/c5xgl2

Just had a look on the facebook page and your just around the corner from my work:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Are the fees PM or yearly?

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Are the fees PM or yearly?

It's a monthly membership

http://thesprocket.co/membership.html

Thanks. Any feedback is good.

I'll grab a better pic later. Maybe make a video.

Finally got around to this. I had a decent enough camera on me today so I got a couple of snaps. They're up on Facebook. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/thesprockethq/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1945685019002745

I also made a video, which I'll have up on youtube once I'm done editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

Well done, place looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Is this gone? Looks a great idea..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Fantastic idea, be a shame if it didn't work over here. Anyone know if it's still live? I don't bukface so can't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

H_Lime wrote: »
    Fantastic idea, be a shame if it didn't work over here. Anyone know if it's still live? I don't bukface so can't tell.

Its last FB post is 2018. Just fizzled out? Pity. I've no garage, and this would be a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Their last post on Facébook was in 2018. If that was their main outlet for info, it certainly doesnt look good for it. Even if it was to keep people updated about closure over Xmas 2018, nevermind Covid-19!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

They have an instagram account. Their last post on that was 18 January 2020. They only seem to post every couple of months on their instagram, so they could very well still be active.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Best of luck with it

Advertisement