Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Integrity of the Sport.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Not just olympic sports sadly, ISC is currently carrying out investigation of missing GAA samples on route to anti doping laboratory.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaa-doping-probe-launched-as-two-samples-vanish-on-way-to-laboratory-35983032.html
    the courier company lost the samples
    so therefore the GAA must be at fault

those Westmeath hurlers have been winning too much lately as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

In fairness, I'd be surprised if theres not some lads engaging in it but I doubt its widespread. Nothing like athletics anyway, hopefully they are vigilant on it though. One thing nobody wants to see.

This line of thinking can be a slippery slope though. I would imagine that the evolution of this phrases has gone;

Athletics: "I doubt it's widespread, nothing like cycling"
    Cycling: "I doubt it's widespread, nothing like Weightlifting"
    nice_guy80 wrote: »
    the courier company lost the samples
    so therefore the GAA must be at fault

those Westmeath hurlers have been winning too much lately as well!

A courier who the ISC has never had a problem with till the last 12 months when two sets of GAA samples, despite not being targetted as a high risk sport the GAA haven't exactly had a great record as of late regarding adhering to anti-doping policy (The handling of the O'Sullivan case not the mention the continual issues with the whereabouts policy and the many missed tests each year.

Despite a fairly stringent testing program in Ireland overall is not beyond reproach as we do have a precedent in trying to manipulate the system (ala Michelle Smith tampering with her sample)

Also doping doesn't always equate to winning. many do it to try and level up playing fields or try to play catch up. Majority of failed tests each year are 2nd or 3rd tier athletes in their respective sports.

Advertisement