If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 to 43" 4K Gaming TV

Options
  • 14-08-2017 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking to upgrade my 39" Panasonic HD set in about a weeks time, so I'm mulling over all the possible options first. The 4K use is really for gaming as we only have Saorview for TV content, so low input lag is important. In terms of size, I would prefer 43" over 40" as we have the room for it. I'm definitely not interested in any smart features as I already have my PC hooked up to the TV. Would prefer to keep budget under 1K.  I've read that the Samsung 43KS7500 is the only set in this class that uses a 100Hz panel and offers the best HDR performance around. I know its a long shot but I thought I would check for any availability with you guys first.
    If not, I've also looked at the LG 43UJ750V which seems to be an excellent set for gaming purposes too with very low input lag. It's a 2017 model, just wondering if you have it or can get it? Would also like to hear your opinion on it if possible.
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Darwin wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm looking to upgrade my 39" Panasonic HD set in about a weeks time, so I'm mulling over all the possible options first. The 4K use is really for gaming as we only have Saorview for TV content, so low input lag is important. In terms of size, I would prefer 43" over 40" as we have the room for it. I'm definitely not interested in any smart features as I already have my PC hooked up to the TV. Would prefer to keep budget under 1K.  I've read that the Samsung 43KS7500 is the only set in this class that uses a 100Hz panel and offers the best HDR performance around. I know its a long shot but I thought I would check for any availability with you guys first.
    If not, I've also looked at the LG 43UJ750V which seems to be an excellent set for gaming purposes too with very low input lag. It's a 2017 model, just wondering if you have it or can get it? Would also like to hear your opinion on it if possible.
    Thanks in advance :)
    Hi Darwin.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The KS range from Samsung has now discontinued for several months with no more stock available at all but yes they were very nice televisions indeed.
    The 7500 was a curved screen.

Most if not all 4k TV are now smart as standard but you do not have to use this feature unless you want to.

The NEW range by Samsung has the 49MU7000 coming in at £999
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202582-ue49mu7000.aspx

The LG 43UJ750 has been one that we have not stocked as of yet. I will check with our purchasing team if this is one that would be available 

We have only had the UJ670 so far. They are priced at £499.00

You could also look at the Panasonic range.

40EX700 priced at £649 or the 50EX700 priced at £749.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202566-viera-tx50ex700b.aspx

Sony also have the 43XE8004 coming in at £749.00 (Currently awaiting a fresh batch of stock).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202478-bravia-kd43xe8004.aspx

Let me know if any of the above catch your eye or would suit your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

No problem Kenny, thanks for the reply. I guess I would really prefer a 43" screen as that would be a decent upgrade from my 39", unfortunately we don't have room for anything bigger. I'm not crazy about the Sony as it has no local dimming feature and peak brightness is not reported to be great for HDR, so it seems a little overpriced for what you are getting.
    If you can get the LG UJ750 I would definitely be interested and I would like to give you guys the business of course :pac:

No problem Kenny, thanks for the reply. I guess I would really prefer a 43" screen as that would be a decent upgrade from my 39", unfortunately we don't have room for anything bigger. I'm not crazy about the Sony as it has no local dimming feature and peak brightness is not reported to be great for HDR, so it seems a little overpriced for what you are getting.
    If you can get the LG UJ750 I would definitely be interested and I would like to give you guys the business of course :pac:
    Hi Darwin.

I've drop our purchasing team an email and will revert back as soon as I get an answer.

Hey Darwin.

They got back to me as soon as I posted the last post.

There are no plans for us to get this screen in as a stock line. However it could be ordered in as a special order but would take 6 weeks to arrive.
    As it would be a special order I would have no movement on price which seems to be £749.00

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny. Unfortunately 6 weeks would be too long a wait without TV :( . I'll have a look again at your stock and if I see anything I'll let you know.

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to me Kenny. Unfortunately 6 weeks would be too long a wait without TV :( . I'll have a look again at your stock and if I see anything I'll let you know.
    No problem at all Darwin.

If anything else catches your eye drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.