Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

galaxy note 8 launches next week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Samson1 wrote: »
    I didn't ask that question when I ordered in-store with Vodafone. But on reading the terms & conditions on the Samsung site for claiming the dex, it seems if you can submit some evidence to them online that you pre-ordered that you can get the free Dex.

Hope so anyway !!

And did you get a receipt that you pre ordered? They just said to me it would be stick ordered on the system and just arrive in. So not showing someone specifically ordered it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

from what i can see you cant claim the sex until the 15th when the phone is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

duffysfarm wrote:
    from what i can see you cant claim the sex until the 15th when the phone is released

You could try to claim sex elsewhere I suppose ;)

genuine typo - s&d are right beside each other on the keyboard! but if there is free sex to be claimed somewhere then please let me know!
    ianob7 wrote: »
    You could try to claim sex elsewhere I suppose ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Did you pre order in a Vodafone store? Still getting dex?

I asked on eir live chat if I could order instore and still get the dex, they said yes. When I went into my local store they said they can have a phone for me on release but they have no way to prebook so I can't get the dex promotion.

Wanted to keep business local as I know the lads there.

Hi I have my phone ordered with eir and didn't notice any mention of the deX offer when I ordered online. It is there now on their page so I'm gonna ring up on Monday to see if I am getting it or not

Hi I have my phone ordered with eir and didn't notice any mention of the deX offer when I ordered online. It is there now on their page so I'm gonna ring up on Monday to see if I am getting it or not

It's through Samsung that you will claim the Dex, so if you have an email or something proving your pre order, after 31 days you send the proof to Samsung and they send it out to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Claims

10. To claim, Participants must pre-order a Promotion Product during the Promotion Period then, between thirty (30) and sixty (60) days later, visit www.samsung.com/ie/note8dex/ to complete the online claim form, upload proof of the pre-order of a Promotion Product and provide all other required information (a “Claim”).

Participating Retailers

The following network providers and retailers:

Argos, Carphone Warehouse (UK and Ireland), Currys PC World, EE, Eir, John Lewis, Littlewoods (UK and Ireland), O2, Samsung.com, Samsung Experience Stores, Sky Mobile, Three (UK and Ireland), Virgin Mobile, Very, Vodafone (UK and Ireland).

Seems they will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will the blue model be available in Ireland?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

And did you get a receipt that you pre ordered? They just said to me it would be stick ordered on the system and just arrive in. So not showing someone specifically ordered it

Sorry, no I didn't get a receipt at the time I pre-ordered, but I hope to get one when I pick up the form. As above you just need to upload some proof to the Samsung site that you pre-ordered (which I did !).

Samson1 wrote: »
    Sorry, no I didn't get a receipt at the time I pre-ordered, but I hope to get one when I pick up the form. As above you just need to upload some proof to the Samsung site that you pre-ordered (which I did !).

So you got some sort of proof, email? That you pre ordered. I got nothing from the shop. They just said call back on the release date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Patww79 wrote: »
    I did on Friday 1st September and on Monday I still did not have an order confirmation so rang them and was told not to worries that my order would be automatically rejected because I paid with paypal and that it would only be possible to pay by bank transfer if shipping to an Irish address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Noticed on the uk website there's a dual sim version available at the same price as the single sim. Anyone know of any Irish operators selling it?

unklerosco wrote: »
    Noticed on the uk website there's a dual sim version available at the same price as the single sim. Anyone know of any Irish operators selling it?

From what I can find it looks like the unlocked international version sold in Europe will be dual sim and the ones through mobile providers are single sim, kinda makes sense if you are on contract with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

JH_raheny wrote: »
    From what I can find it looks like the unlocked international version sold in Europe will be dual sim and the ones through mobile providers are single sim, kinda makes sense if you are on contract with them

Cheers... Trying to find info on the dual sim phone is tricky. I've a personal and work phone at the moment. If I could have one phone with two separate profiles that'd be class. Been waiting for a new note phone for a while so it'd be perfect if this fit the bill.

Edit: Actually, from reading it doesn't seem to do what I'd want. Both sims always active on a single profile. Doesn't seem to be an ability to switch off one sim and keep the other active (I turn my work phone off at 6 each day and all weekend, defo don't want it on all the time!)

unklerosco wrote: »
    Cheers... Trying to find info on the dual sim phone is tricky. I've a personal and work phone at the moment. If I could have one phone with two separate profiles that'd be class. Been waiting for a new note phone for a while so it'd be perfect if this fit the bill.

Edit: Actually, from reading it doesn't seem to do what I'd want. Both sims always active on a single profile. Doesn't seem to be an ability to switch off one sim and keep the other active (I turn my work phone off at 6 each day and all weekend, defo don't want it on all the time!)

I would imagine you could put one into a sleep mode or similar but I got the impression that it was possible to set up user accounts so you could hand your phone to the kids under a limited access profile

So what are our options for pre-ordering and paying on card for a dual-sim model with free dex?

I called Samsung and they said they don't deliver to Ireland. They recommended using Littlewoods Ireland to preorder, but their price is over €1200!!!

Can't really see any other options. Is your phone locked to the network you choose with Carphone Warehouse? I'm not using any of the networks they give in the dropdown.

have one preordered with three.ie and i have logged in to my account and can see that it is out of stock with no sign of delivery date

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I used AddressPal before, but you need to get the English address on your PayPal account and I can't remember how I did it. The zero tracking wait to see if it arrives is nerve wracking though.

Not gonna jump through hoops for a dex, which in reality I'd never use. Even called the Samsung experience store and they said all phones are sold network locked. Seems it's pretty much impossible to get a SIM free version here.

I'll probably just wait and buy off Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Did anyone preorder for collection from Vodafone? Is it guaranteed to be in store on Friday?

OREGATO wrote: »
    Did anyone preorder for collection from Vodafone? Is it guaranteed to be in store on Friday?

Yes, I have pre-ordered with Vodafone for collection in-store.

Not sure if you could say it is guaranteed to be in store on Friday, but is expected to be.

Would NOT count on it, they will probably take your money and then tell you it us on back order and you can only cancel if you pey off your new 24 month contract LOL
    I have nada trust left in Irish mobile *service* providers at this stage but I hope you get it

Had a nightmare with Vodafone trying to pre order last night for collection.

Tried to pre order online, a error pops up on the website after I stick in my cc details. But then I noticed that my card was charged. 1 hour on the phone between Vodafone and the bank.

Tried with the wifes cc later on and finally thought I got it confirmed. She got the email confirmation and all. Wake up to a mail this morning saying that our order is cancelled, like wtf?!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I ordered mine on Tuesday from Vodafone. Just got a dispatch email so it should be be here tomorrow!

Just preordered through 3. Not with 3, so praying it won't be simlocked like a few other devices I've bought off them in the past. Not expecting to have it tomorrow, but we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Pre ordered on Vodafone and got email today saying it is on the way. I have mine delivered to store. Hopefully not as painful as last time when no one knew what I was talking about when Note 7 came last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Just got my text from night line saying my phone from eir will be out for delivery tomorrow ☺

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just preordered through 3. Not with 3, so praying it won't be simlocked like a few other devices I've bought off them in the past. Not expecting to have it tomorrow, but we'll see.

it will be sim locked

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I ordered mine on Tuesday from Vodafone. Just got a dispatch email so it should be be here tomorrow!

Ditto!

godtabh wrote: »
    it will be sim locked

I've been lucky with a couple of 3 devices in the past. If it is locked, I'll just switch back to 3 for a bit.

Tried to pre order online, a error pops up on the website after I stick in my cc details. But then I noticed that my card was charged. 1 hour on the phone between Vodafone and the bank.

Tried with the wifes cc later on and finally thought I got it confirmed. She got the email confirmation and all. Wake up to a mail this morning saying that our order is cancelled, like wtf?!

Happened me three times a fortnight ago trying to pre-order on the Vodafone website. Ordered - paid - email confirmation - email cancellation. Three times over! Hours on phone to bank, credit cards, Vodafone Customer Care (!), Live Chat - a complete nightmare. Bottom line (which they don't tell you) is if you are switching provider, you cannot pre-order on-line :- see thread here, http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057786210

" ..when I was eventually put through to a manager they told me that new customers couldn't pre-order the Note 8 and that was why my order had been cancelled and that if I waited until the phone was released I could pick one up in store, ..."

So had to pre-order in-store.

Beginning to re-consider switching to Vodafone. Eir Mobile Customer Care is 1000% better - if only their phone coverage was better.

Imagine you cannot email Vodafone - they won't give you an email contact; you cannot phone their Customer Care - 1907 - if you are a prospective customer - as you need to enter a voda mobile number to get through; you cannot switch on their website; Live Chat will not tell you what they know; - and finally you cannot telephone a voda shop (see threads on phoning 30 times without an answer ! - to a Phone Shop)

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Pre ordered on Vodafone and got email today saying it is on the way. I have mine delivered to store. Hopefully not as painful as last time when no one knew what I was talking about when Note 7 came last year.

Hi. Can you tell me please, were you already a Vodafone customer ?

I've been lucky with a couple of 3 devices in the past. If it is locked, I'll just switch back to 3 for a bit.

It shouldn't be sim locked if you paid full whack and if it is you will get the unlock code with only hassle being the 10-14 days waiting time, I just got it for my note 4 in about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭CapricornOne

JH_raheny wrote: »
    It shouldn't be sim locked if you paid full whack and if it is you will get the unlock code with only hassle being the 10-14 days waiting time, I just got it for my note 4 in about a week

Not unless you've spent 130 quid on credit.

http://ask3.three.ie/srvs/cgi-bin/webisapi.dll/,/?new,kb=ROIWebportal,ts=ROIWeb,t=CaseDoc.tem,case=obj%286242%29,varset_username=ROIWeb:ROIWebUser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Samson1 wrote:
    Hi. Can you tell me please, were you already a Vodafone customer ?

Yeah. Rejoined last year for note 7.

• Advertisement

got an email from three to say my order has been dispatched. will wait and see!

duffysfarm wrote: »
    got an email from three to say my order has been dispatched. will wait and see!

Still nothing for me. Has your tracking updated on the 3 site? I was told yesterday that it was sitting in the warehouse and ready to go.

just says dispatched when i log in. who does three use for deliveries?

Still nothing for me. Has your tracking updated on the 3 site? I was told yesterday that it was sitting in the warehouse and ready to go.

duffysfarm wrote: »
    just says dispatched when i log in. who does three use for deliveries?

Someone posted this for the S8

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103271175&postcount=522

coming up as due for delivery at 10.30 this morning

Nightmare continues, I went in to a Vodafone store to try and pre order yesterday. They wouldn't let me. Told me to come back first thing this morning and I could buy one as they had 8 in stock. Well, went back this morning and they won't sell it PAYG, it'll be weeks before they will sell it to me.

Can anyone shed some light on where I could pick up a sim free or Vodafone one on PAYG? This is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

got 2 texts from nightline this morning to say they would be making delivery! dont know wether to keep it or sell it - waiting to see what it looks like

Can I ask all you guys that preordered - if you guys did it via Pay as you go or Bill Pay and with what network? Was anyone able to get one on Pay as you go with Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

All the phone shops on Henry / Mary ST turned me away.

Three on Graft St had 2 when I walked in.

And one when I left

ChopShop wrote: »
    All the phone shops on Henry / Mary ST turned me away.

Three on Graft St had 2 when I walked in.

And one when I left

Are they unlocked? What network are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Are they unlocked? What network are you on?

I would presume it is locked

And I'm on three.

• Advertisement
Advertisement