Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Because your season could be over in January , that 4 months could be the difference in challenging for the title and getting out of the group stages of the CL.

It is not his money , let FSG worry about how they recoup money on a player we only need for 4 months.
    What does Jurgen do if we still cant do a deal in Jan ?

If he can't get a deal done in Jan then he waits til next Summer. But he probably feels confident about Jan.

Last Summer people on here called him "negligent" for not buying a LB and you can flick back through the pages to see the meltdown that happened when it became obvious that Milner was to be our first choice LB.

So here we go again and yeah it's worrying but he's Jurgen Klopp. He's a feckin crazy basstid and a genius at the same time so you have to just trust him.
    He hasn't steered us wrong so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Three Liverpool players in the Netherlands v England U21 - TAA (bench), Gomez and Solanke (who has just picked up a knock and will be subbed I imagine)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i wonder will phil get the hug now after a good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Was this posted?
    Reds chief executive Peter Moore explains gesture for trip to Spartak Moscow that could cost club more than £250,000.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-pay-visa-costs-fans-13562029

Nice gesture from the asset stripping yanks.

i wonder will phil get the hug now after a good game

Bigger than ever.

First class how our club handled this.

The owners say no sale whatever the price.And they stick to their promise.

Klopp takes the back seat and says its out of his hands so now he can tell Coutinho he never stood in his way.

Ten out of ten for the way it was handled.

People will always find something to bitch about but in this situation the owners and manager played a blinder.

Six hours to sign Di Maria Barca :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie19 wrote: »

Fcuking cheapskates could they pay for tickets and flights & hotels and bus or taxi transfers as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Fcuking cheapskates could they pay for tickets and flights & hotels and bus or taxi transfers as well.

You forgot the food and drink....add to that a few hundred quid spending money and you will still have certain people here complaining...:D:D

The one thing that could benefit us not signing VVD is now he can prove his fitness and that he has recovered fully from his injury.

Looking at buying any player who hasn't played for eight months because of serious injury no matter the cost is always going to be a risk.

This of course depends on Southampton not letting him rot in the training grounds.

If he plays and proves he is over the injury great we may well go back in for him but if he breaks down we also may have got a lucky escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You forgot the food and drink....add to that a few hundred quid spending money and you will still have certain people here complaining...:D:D

And you forgot a visit to the local strip shop to,,,, Eh look at all the lovely new jerseys.

I see utd have done the same thing but just announced it a bit earlier.

This quote is appearing on Twitter from the Ox this evening.

Could be fake but still had me breaking my ass laughing.
    "We're in good form going into the Man City game after beating Arsenal 4-0 last week."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

12th man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Henderson /ox midfield for England game

The amount of times over the past few weeks that the Catalan press, Duncan Castles and The Express all said Coutinho deal was pending, would make you wonder how some of them get paid at all.
    Maybe the Catalans got asked to say stuff but WTF is with this Duncan Castles knob?
    He already had a bad rep but he repeatedly said deal done.
    So who the hell is paying this tool to spout untruths repeatedly?
    Makes no sense.
    He's probably on better money than Dickerty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nah, that's Neymar you're thinking of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Coutinho has a 'great sadness' at being denied a transfer to Barcelona. What f***in planet are these guys living on? That crap makes me hate footballers and football in general.

Coutinho has a 'great sadness' at being denied a transfer to Barcelona. What f***in planet are these guys living on? That crap makes me hate footballers and football in general.

To be fair those are the words of Neymar - and that's if he actually said them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The amount of times over the past few weeks that the Catalan press, Duncan Castles and The Express all said Coutinho deal was pending, would make you wonder how some of them get paid at all.
    Maybe the Catalans got asked to say stuff but WTF is with this Duncan Castles knob?
    He already had a bad rep but he repeatedly said deal done.
    So who the hell is paying this tool to spout untruths repeatedly?
    Makes no sense.

Because, unfortunately, they're not being paid to report news. They're being paid to register the maximum number of clicks and views possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Animation of Liverpools first game, John Houldings Team of Macs:)

7-1 Typical Liverpool. Almost an excellent result.
    I hope Linda great great grandmother booed the cunce off the pitch.

• Advertisement

Yeah I read that earlier. It's pretty sad isnt it?

That's basically where we are at in modern football though. You and I work our bollix off to afford one or two Anfield trips per season, more if yer lucky, but you're essentially letting your entire weekend revolve around what a bunch of mult-millionaires in their mid-twenties do on the field.
    And you can feel how much it means to Gerrard and Carragher etc but they're gone and now you can see how little it really means to lads like Coutinho.

C'est la vie. I think Klopp is the main reason that I haven't just lost faith.
    You can see your passion mirrored in everything he does.
    We're lucky to have him.

To be fair those are the words of Neymar - and that's if he actually said them.

Exactly. People see a headline and lose their bodily functions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Oxololoollo Chambololololo looking half decent for Ingerlund.
    Some good dribbling, movement, a few nice flicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Robertson just scored a great goal for scotland

Robertson has scored for Scotland V Lithuania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bit of a belter https://imgtc.com/w/SsaihEa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Livescore informs me he's playing at centre back too... is that correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Livescore informs me he's playing at centre back too... is that correct?

Based on the run he made in that clip it doesn't look like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Coutinho kinda needs to have a big year this year, if Neymar was'nt sold then i don't think Barca would have bid for him, they like us can see that on his day he's a match winner and world class, but on an off day he just goes missing and it's like playing with 10 men.
    The problem is, is those bad spells can and have lasted for months at a time and you won't get away with that at Barca.

I never doubted FSG would go back on their word and sell Coutinho this window, and i never doubted they would sanction a move for Van Dijk either, overall a decent window, not a great one.

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes

That was a few weeks ago and prior to the transfer request and the big offers that followed from one of the biggest clubs in the world and all their sneaky arse tactics that went with it.

Fair fcuks to you FSG. You stuck to your word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes

That was a few weeks ago and prior to the transfer request and the big offers that followed from one of the biggest clubs in the world and all their sneaky arse tactics that went with it.

Fair fcuks to you FSG. You stuck to your word.

Is there not still 45 minutes?!!??........

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Is there not still 45 minutes?!!??........

ha, well aye there is but I'd say we're safe enough.

I've got massive respect for them for holding firm on their word.
    Not many clubs would have stayed strong in similar circumstances.

Fair balls to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I've got massive respect for them for holding firm on their word.
    Not many clubs would have stayed strong in similar circumstances.

Fair balls to them.

Yep, Southampton rocks.

Yep, Southampton rocks.

That's completely different.

Yep, Southampton rocks.

Ha well, yeah fair play to them as well. I never said different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bit early yet...we were told by the poster with the crystal ball that he'd be waving goodbye.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bit early yet...we were told by the poster with the crystal ball that he'd be waving goodbye.

He's no David Thompson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bought Keita.

Missed out on Ox.

article-1318958-0B7DEEAA000005DC-727_634x423.jpg

😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Arsenal :D:D

What now for Coutinho ? Shirley Klopp needs to have a one on one with him, I got impression that while he trained Klopp did not speak or interact in anyway with him.
    Klopp always said things like '' I was told he's doing good in training , no problems''
    Coutinho has literally months left at Liverpool, club needs to remind him of that. The season is not 5 years long, it's but a few months, give us that few months and then make that move. He needs to be given a clear indication from Liverpool of what is expected, and that he can leave in a 9 months.
    Agreeing a deal with Barca could have been done in principle for end of season. Agree a price and that he will leave come May .

What now for Coutinho ? Shirley Klopp needs to have a one on one with him, I got impression that while he trained Klopp did not speak or interact in anyway with him.
    Klopp always said things like '' I was told he's doing good in training , no problems''
    Coutinho has literally months left at Liverpool, club needs to remind him of that. The season is not 5 years long, it's but a few months, give us that few months and then make that move. He needs to be given a clear indication from Liverpool of what is expected, and that he can leave in a 9 months.

Not very worried tbh.

Confident his attitude will be professional.

• Advertisement

What now for Coutinho ? .

Thats his problem. He should have to earn his way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Era he'll be grand.

If plays well and helps Liverpool win games then it will all be forgotten about until next summer.

Liverpool have won their second Cup of the season - Adding the LANCASHIRE SENIOR CUP to the Asia Cup on penos after a 1-1 with Fleetwood Town, Ings, Ejaria, Adekanye, Dhanda & Johnston all slotted in from the spot.

The Sextuple is on :)

The coutinho thing will work out fine I imagine.... for the coming season.

I reckon ox was signed once it was clear Can isn't interested in signing a new contract.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    The coutinho thing will work out fine I imagine.... for the coming season.

I reckon ox was signed once it was clear Can isn't interested in signing a new contract.

We'll find out the truth of that situation soon. It's all speculation though for now as we don't have a clue what's really going on.

It does appear likely he will be leaving unfortunately, but I doubt Chamberlain was signed now because Can is leaving next year.

Keita was signed to replace Can obviously....

I've absolutely no idea why Ox was signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

noodler wrote: »
    I've absolutely no idea why Ox was signed.

To play football for Liverpool FC

Keita a decent replacement for Can. Will miss his luxurious luscious locks of loveliness though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Welcome back to the squad Phil. Lets have a great year so you can sail off to Barcelona an even better player in 12 months time with some silverware and great experiences in a red shirt to bring with you.

Coutinho1504304852.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement