Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Shaw carries too much baggage

Toure has tablets that will help that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Toure has tablets that will help that...

and Sakho some shots....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I've been in Lanzarote this past week and thus been unable to contribute to the madness. Most of what I would have said has already been covered so I won't bother now.

Instead I offer up my reaction to our deadline day business

1v72qb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I think next summer will be even more important than this year, keeping Mane, Salah, Coutinho will be the key.
    I've just spent the last while looking over youtube clips of Keita and i think this guy is going to be something very special, he has everything you could possibly need in a midfielder.

Imagine him in the same team as those three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yeah, more than losing Coutinho, I'm worried by the trend that teams come in for our best players when we do manage to sign good ones. I know Klopp managed to handle this at Dortmund but it's not a good idea to be a stepping stone club.

Hopefully keeping Coutinho this summer will make clubs think they can't cherry pick from our players.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Coutinho will 100% be gone next year and fair enough. Barring a disastarous season we should be able to hang on to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Because it'll be half empty :pac:

Nice soundbite, but the figures don't support that.

Average home attendence 16/17

4. Man city 54,019
    5. Liverpool 53,016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

4. Man city 54,019
    5. Liverpool 53,016

Isnt the Etihad slightly bigger??

Mr.H wrote: »
    Isnt the Etihad slightly bigger??

Seating capacity is 55,097.

Anfield is 54k right? So yep slightly bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Attendance figures to emptyhad are much better than they appear, it is obvious at some games there are a lot of empty seats but the figures are better than that. The first homegame this year was poor though at 49k of a possible 55k

Then again their wage bill is less than Liverpool so somebody is very good at figures at man city

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    Attendance figures to emptyhad are much better than they appear, it is obvious at some games there are a lot of empty seats but the figures are better than that. The first homegame this year was poor though at 49k of a possible 55k

Then again their wage bill is less than Liverpool so somebody is very good at figures at man city

So 49k of 55k or 89%, that is a slight exaggeration from being half empty or "emptyhad". As for being poor, for a Monday night game that is televised, think that is fairly decent attendence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talk that Coutinho might do a Costa and stay in Brazil and not return to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think Woodburn and Solanke could do a job for us this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

4. Man city 54,019
    5. Liverpool 53,016

Those figures include season tickets sold that are not used.

Man City have a lot of these kind of tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Should really tell Barca to stfu if they intend to do business next summer.

Also,they could be in a bad spot at end of the season,lots of ageing players, if they finish in 5th would the transfer still happen ,hard to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Coutinho should be allowed to go to Barca next season if he wants to. I've no issue with that.

My issue with it this window was the timing. We were in no position to go scout and purchase a replacement for him with this little notice. It just wasn't feasible. Barca just lost the plot because they got ridden by PSG with Neymar. It wasn't up to us to make them feel better about themselves.

LFC's first. Coutinho's interests second.

Right now, we should make plans to make sure his departure is catered for in time for next season. Once that's done, he can head off if he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

SlickRic wrote: »
    Coutinho should be allowed to go to Barca next season if he wants to. I've no issue with that.

My issue with it this window was the timing. We were in no position to go scout and purchase a replacement for him with this little notice. It just wasn't feasible. Barca just lost the plot because they got ridden by PSG with Neymar. It wasn't up to us to make them feel better about themselves.

LFC's first. Coutinho's interests second.

Right now, we should make plans to make sure his departure is catered for in time for next season. Once that's done, he can head off if he wants.

And of course there's the rather small matter of getting a satisfactory fee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

And of course there's the rather small matter of getting a satisfactory fee...

If we'd had enough notice we probably would've accepted £90m-odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If they do show interest next season we should tell Barca as per their story we want €200 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Is that cretin Aidy Ward still Jerome Sinclairs agent I wonder? I know Sinclair is no longer a Liverpool player but I was just watching a video there on bleacher report about Sheffield Uniteds deadline day and the manager was speaking to Jerome Sinclair about coming on loan and he was waiting at Sheffield train station waiting for his agent to give the go ahead. Then the agent calls the manager and wants the agent fee doubled. This agent was also agent for a West Ham youngster they wanted to get in too but it fell apart due to the agent.

I remember when Sinclair left, the blame was on Ward and how he dealt with it and of course we all know what happened with Sterling and Ward.

I hope we never have to encounter him again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Colemania wrote: »
    Is that cretin Aidy Ward still Jerome Sinclairs agent I wonder? I know Sinclair is no longer a Liverpool player but I was just watching a video there on bleacher report about Sheffield Uniteds deadline day and the manager was speaking to Jerome Sinclair about coming on loan and he was waiting at Sheffield train station waiting for his agent to give the go ahead. Then the agent calls the manager and wants the agent fee doubled. This agent was also agent for a West Ham youngster they wanted to get in too but it fell apart due to the agent.

I remember when Sinclair left, the blame was on Ward and how he dealt with it and of course we all know what happened with Sterling and Ward.

I hope we never have to encounter him again!

Ehh....

He's Ox's agent too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ehh....

He's Ox's agent too :o

Really? How did we manage to get him on reduced wages! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Hoff is a fan it doesn't get much better for the lad.
    Congrats to Wales !! What A game!and Ben Woodburn ! Nice goal !!

https://twitter.com/DavidHasselhoff/status/904230876061605888

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The Hoff is a fan it doesn't get much better for the lad.

https://twitter.com/DavidHasselhoff/status/904230876061605888

He might as well announce his retirement from the international game right now. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

He might as well announce his retirement from the international game right now. :pac:

And slap a €200 million release clause on his contract !

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Talk that Coutinho might do a Costa and stay in Brazil and not return to Liverpool.

If this happens, he should be sued for breach of contract and we should keep his registration until the end of his contract so we don't pay him an he can't play for anyone else. Won't happen, but if he truly refuses to play I'd love to see the club take this line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Big difference between Phill and Costa situations.

Costa is being frozen out and told he's not wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

So 49k of 55k or 89%, that is a slight exaggeration from being half empty or "emptyhad". As for being poor, for a Monday night game that is televised, think that is fairly decent attendence.

I am not really disagreeing with you. It is exaggerated in the media though. It will be a good attendance next Saturday, hopefully alot of the home fans will leave early in disgust though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

The statement by Barca is just another to wind up Coutinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can must have a value of 60m, what happens when he leave on a free. Will he be paid
    25m a year by Juventus to sign for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I was pretty ambivalent towards Barca prior to this summer. I'd love to see them relegated now, unlikely that is.

I'd be surprised if barca didn't have the last laugh TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if barca didn't have the last laugh TBH.

He will end up at barca no doubt about it. But lets make them pay through their noses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Off to the hurling lads, see ye later. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Barca would be proud at these attempts to save face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

They'll get him alright. That's if they still want him when it comes to it. But make no mistake, Barca not getting who Barca wanted when they wanted him is Barca losing. They can win all they want after this beautiful glorious moment*

*in which they lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ropey start to that half but we came into more and more. Hoping we can push on in the second and shock them.

More Farce than Barce one might say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Coutinho has been really badly advised and let down by Barca. He must feel a right eejit.

The fact is that Barca did have the money to make Liverpool an offer that would have been accepted. This was an option to them, but instead they decided to go down the road of getting Coutinho to kick off in the hope this would facilitate a cut price deal. The risk obviously being the situation the player could be left in if it fails.

Coutinho has been left high and dry. More fool him for trying to screw over Liverpool to save Barca a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Why what are Farcel..... Barcelona saying now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

They said Liverpool priced Coutinho at €200m. Which Klopp denied the following day.

Yet the gossip channels still murmur about this supposed €200m price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

And people are still paying attention to the gossip channels after I posted a link about Liverpool denying such a claim from the BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

They also praised Coutinho for doing everything he could and everything they asked of him during this saga, basically admitting they were in his ear the whole time and trying to turn the Liverpool fans against him even more.

To be fair I dont believe the price tag crap. Barcelona and the catalonian press have been lying about a lot of stuff this summer in regards to neymar and Coutinho.

The 200 price tag just screams of Barca trying to save face by saying "we are not getting screwed over"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/904376986482724864

West Ham are as bad after this :rolleyes:

ERG89 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/904376986482724864

West Ham are as bad after this :rolleyes:

Sure Barkley claims he never even had the Chelsea medical................ I mean ffs what is with this transfer window???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

And people are still paying attention to the gossip channels after I posted a link about Liverpool denying such a claim from the BBC

Some people will believe anything they're told.

Fools be foolin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Someone high up in Liverpool should have a meeting with Coutinho telling him that Jurgen had no influence on him not being sold. It should be made very clear that at start of summer that Liverpool had a list of players they wanted to sell, players they wanted to bring in and players they wanted to keep, and that he was on keep list, full stop.

Should also be told that taking his disappointment out on his team mates and manager by faking injury is totally unacceptable and that he has a contract to play. Should also tell him that they will gladly listen to offers for him in less than 9 months, and that he needs to perform and earn his move.
    It seems no one is talking to this guy. He needs to have clear the air talks asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He should be told to snap out it and go do his job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement