Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No Clyne in the CL squad.

Didn't think his injury was that serious or I am not sure what is going on with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Flanagan has been named in it but Markovic hasn't.

Markovic better be on the blower to clubs from now till January looking for a move or it could be a long time before he plays competitive football again or is there still a few transfer windows open?

Ox for right wing back :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Flanagan has been named in it but Markovic hasn't.

Markovic better be on the blower to clubs from now till January looking for a move or it could be a long time before he plays competitive football again or is there still a few transfer windows open?

Ox for right wing back :pac::pac:

Markovic is the new Enrique. He seems happy to be training, picking up his wage and not too bothered by not getting game time. Unless some other team make him an offer better than he is on at LFC he could run down the final two years of his contract, pick up £3.6m in wages, walk away on a free in June 2019 and still only be 25 years old.

Mad Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Squad from the UEFA website / Liverpool Super thread Champions League FF????

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=7889/squad/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Surely that squad on Uefa site is wrong, Ojo is included but yet is on loan at fulham for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Surely that squad on Uefa site is wrong, Ojo is included but yet is on loan at fulham for the season

Maybe it has not been updated yet from the play off squad list

Maybe it has not been updated yet from the play off squad list

Doubt it sure Ox is included, its really strange Kent is on it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

You can have as many under 23 as you have I think

sword1 wrote: »
    You can have as many under 23 as you have I think

yes you can, but both Ojo and Kent arent even at the club this season, so something is odd about the list

• Advertisement

yes you can, but both Ojo and Kent arent even at the club this season, so something is odd about the list

Unless they are included in case they are recalled for whatever reason?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is there someone in the LFC office getting their P45 in the morning for leaving Clyne out of the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is there someone in the LFC office getting their P45 in the morning for leaving Clyne out of the squad?

The current named squad only applies for the group stage, if you get to the next round another squad is selected. Clyne must be injured until at least mid-November, considering Lallana's in the squad and his injury is said to be until the start of November.

The current named squad only applies for the group stage, if you get to the next round another squad is selected. Clyne must be injured until at least mid-November, considering Lallana's in the squad and his injury is said to be until the start of November.

The issue is though that OJO and KENT have been named when they are not even at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Has to be an admin error .

The issue is though that OJO and KENT have been named when they are not even at the club

Yeah they probably just forgot to remove them as their inclusion doesn't take up space for anyone else anyway, as has been said you can have as many u23s as you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Maybe they have recall clauses in their loan deals.....

There is the list on the official UEFA site.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=7889/index.html

They have Kelleher, Clyne and Origi down as players not in current list.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Deliberately left out it seems. Worrying that we're relying on 2 kids (and Flanagan) as our right back options.

5starpool wrote: »
    Deliberately left out it seems. Worrying that we're relying on 2 kids (and Flanagan) as our right back options.

The Ox ;)

Milner on the left both told they would play CM.:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ox I suppose is also there as a wing back, Milner could fill a hole, Can has played there.

• Advertisement

Technically of course anyone can play there, but those aren't great options.

Technically of course anyone can play there, but those aren't great options.

Ox played RWB for Arsenal didn't here? I'm sure I saw Mane get the better of him a few+ times recently :pac:
    I agree though, heading into the CL with those options is terrible IMO. Lucklily the group we have is the easiest (arguable of course)

RWB and RB are fairly different positions though. Even though we do play with our wingers high up the pitch, the RWB role that Ox played was alongside 3 CBs in defence, not just 2 like we play. Injuries aside we'll be fine with Gomez and TAA for the 6 CL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Doesn't Klopp have a great rep as a manager who can turn around a player that's deemed a failure at other clubs? Wonder why markovic has gone so bad? Not even close to getting a look in. And he looked great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The Ox ;)

Milner on the left both told they would play CM.:P

The way we play, the full backs are part of the midfield anyway.

They would just be playing a bit wider is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

emo72 wrote: »
    Doesn't Klopp have a great rep as a manager who can turn around a player that's deemed a failure at other clubs? Wonder why markovic has gone so bad? Not even close to getting a look in. And he looked great.

I would guess that change and the appetite from Klopp is based on the players willingness to adapt and their appetite to put the work in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coutinho has been named in the Champions League squad is starting to be reported.

Obviously giving him the chance to wave goodbye on the European stage.

emo72 wrote: »

I reckon he'll start the league cup game at Leicester. If he doesn't and isn't injured, he'll never get a game for us.

Ward, Robertson, Ojo, Ejaria, Woodburn, Ings, Markovic, Klavan, Grujic, Solanke, Flanagan could all start. Not sure who'll play CB also. Lloyd Jones maybe? Obviously all 12 of the above can't start, but it'll probably comes from them. Maybe a couple of other u-23's in with a shout too, like Brannagan and Brewster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is the list on the official UEFA site.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=7889/index.html

They have Kelleher, Clyne and Origi down as players not in current list.

So they don't have those players down then? :)

How much of a loss in the group stage Clyne is is a matter for debate - I'd sooner have TAA or Gomez as a full back frankly. Milner can certainly fill in and obviously Ox-Cham can play as a wing back if Klopp goes for three at the back ;)

The Origi loan deal is pretty demanding for Wolfsburg - 3 million basic + wages + game time penalty fee + early recall

So they don't have those players down then? :)

How much of a loss in the group stage Clyne is is a matter for debate - I'd sooner have TAA or Gomez as a full back frankly. Milner can certainly fill in and obviously Ox-Cham can play as a wing back if Klopp goes for three at the back ;)

The Origi loan deal is pretty demanding for Wolfsburg - 3 million basic + wages + game time penalty fee + early recall
    I thought the reported fee included the non playing time penalty?

• Advertisement

Yep it's 3 plus 3, I think most of us (me anyway) assumed it was 6 plus whatever the peno clause was valued at at

Wolfsburg aren't going to be too happy if Origi turns out shíte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon gomez will cement the rb position over TAA in the next few weeks. Great to have two hungry young players battling for the spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon gomez will cement the rb position over TAA in the next few weeks. Great to have two hungry young players battling for the spot

No TAA will be the main RB, you could see Gomez edge Lovern out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

emmetkenny wrote: »
    ricero wrote: »

No TAA will be the main RB, you could see Gomez edge Lovern out though.

Gomez also played well at left back in his first season under Rodgers. Maybe could slot in to the left CB role without too much adjustment to his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sure they're professionals and know more than we do. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about...

RWB and RB are fairly different positions though. Even though we do play with our wingers high up the pitch, the RWB role that Ox played was alongside 3 CBs in defence, not just 2 like we play. Injuries aside we'll be fine with Gomez and TAA for the 6 CL games.

To be honest our full backs play like we have 5 CBs at times.
    And our 2 CBs also play like we have 3 more behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Gomez also played well at left back in his first season under Rodgers. Maybe could slot in to the left CB role without too much adjustment to his game.

He was pretty exposed against West Ham (iirc) before his injury that season, though. Not his fault, he's not a left back at all.

corwill wrote: »
    dogbert27 wrote: »

He was pretty exposed against West Ham (iirc) before his injury that season, though. Not his fault, he's not a left back at all.

He played well in the games against Stoke, Bournemouth and Arsenal. The whole defence was terrible against West Ham that day with the first two goals coming from Skrtel and Lovren mistakes. Remember Lovren trying to run the length of the pitch with the ball and making a show of himself. Coutinho getting sent off killed any chance of getting back into the game.

• Advertisement

For an 18 year old CB with no Premier League experience he did pretty well at LB for those few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

For an 18 year old CB with no Premier League experience he did pretty well at LB for those few games.

Ah yeah, I'd just prefer to see him at RB and CB in future, far more natural fit for him.

Sure we can stick Can as right back and move the Ox into CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Or Can as right CB of a three and Ox as RWB :pac:
    Endless possibilities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I can't enjoy the Ox being brutal for England any more :(

Shocking pass, terrible shot and shooting decision

• Advertisement

Wait till he has a few months of coaching by Klopp undoing anything Wenger did to him before judging.

For those not watching the match, The Blizzard has a good article on Feyenoord and Dirk Kuyts role in their title win last season.

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/de-kuip-cheer

Isco is in the last year of his contract at Madrid I wonder could we do a cash plus Isco deal with Madrid for Coutinho.

Guinea got beat by Lybia tonight putting them under serious pressure to qualify for the World Cup.

Looks like Naby will be well rested and get a full pre-season!! :)

Just saw that it's the group winner that qualifies so Naby is getting a full pre-season!

Mane's group is too close though and so are Egypt and Uganda for Salah.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement