Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Isco is in the last year of his contract at Madrid I wonder could we do a cash plus Isco deal with Madrid for Coutinho.

Makes a lot of sense for both parties. Real obviously have money to spend given they missed out on Mbappe and the pissing in Barca's cornflakes element of the deal would more than make up for the player not being in Real's usual category of "galatico"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Isco is in the last year of his contract at Madrid I wonder could we do a cash plus Isco deal with Madrid for Coutinho.

Can't see Madrid letting isco go. He is their most important player going forward for the next 5 years seeing as Ronaldo is 33 in February, Benzema is 30 in December and bale has flattered to deceive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There is no way Isco will be let go - RM will make him a massive offer. Like I always say its Kovacic who Liverpool should be looking at - he's the bench warmer who's far too good to be sat there. Mind you if Liverpool are going for Lemar again next summer it's all academic anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Makes a lot of sense for both parties. Real obviously have money to spend given they missed out on Mbappe and the pissing in Barca's cornflakes element of the deal would more than make up for the player not being in Real's usual category of "galatico"

Isco is a more complete player than Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ings wasn't named in the CL squad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Can was an unused sub tonight and so was Sturridge.

Henderson and Ox came through without injury. Robertson played 90 mins. without injury.

Tomorrow night there is more involved:

Potentially TAA, Gomez and Solanke could all start for the England U21's.

Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho could all start tomorrow night.

Lovren will probably start tomorrow night and that will be two games in 48 hours for him with tomorrow nights game being away in Turkey too.

I don't think Coleman will start Woodburn tomorrow night but he will probably get some minutes.

Milner and Matip retired from International duty. Moreno not good enough for International duty. Clyne injured.

Have I missed anyone? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ings is likely to spend the season playing domestic cups and U23s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Im not sure I share the same optimism for ings than some seem to have, i mean he will have missed 2 seasons worth of football by the time hes fit and available again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Can was an unused sub tonight and so was Sturridge.

Henderson and Ox came through without injury. Robertson played 90 mins. without injury.

Tomorrow night there is more involved:

Potentially TAA, Gomez and Solanke could all start for the England U21's.

Salah, Mane, Firmino and Coutinho could all start tomorrow night.

Lovren will probably start tomorrow night and that will be two games in 48 hours for him with tomorrow nights game being away in Turkey too.

I don't think Coleman will start Woodburn tomorrow night but he will probably get some minutes.

Milner and Matip retired from International duty. Moreno not good enough for International duty. Clyne injured.

Have I missed anyone? :)

Mignolet :pac:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Mignolet :pac:

Belgium didn't have a game tonight or play tomorrow night.

Karius not picked for Germany or their U-21's.

• Advertisement

Karius not picked for Germany or their U-21's.

On bench for senior team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

garra wrote: »
    I can't enjoy the Ox being brutal for England any more :(

He was terrible tonight. Klopp will really have to work his magic to make something out of him.

Augeo wrote: »
    On bench for senior team?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Oh, that's unfortunate. He's been back to full training for a month or so, no? Perhaps Klopp doesnt rate him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Oh, that's unfortunate. He's been back to full training for a month or so, no? Perhaps Klopp doesnt rate him.

As we've seen with Sturridge, full training doesn't mean 'ready for the premiership'.

I think if he was actually fit, and Klopp just didn't rate him, he'd be on loan right now, but that never seemed a possibility. And considering centre forward is further weakened by Origi being on loan, i'd say Klopp does actually rate Ings.

He's had back to back serious long term injuries though, and clearly last time out they threw him in at the deep end too soon, and it cost him a season. This time it looks like they're taking the cautious approach they should have taken last time. Making sure that not only is the injury healed, but all the other muscle and tissue that will have atrophied while being out, is all fully strengthened and ready, so something else doesn't give way, as happened a year ago.

So I think we'll only see him when he's fully, and totally ready to be physically tested at the highest level again. I also think he's probably the best natural replacement for Firmino at CF, even moreso than Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    As we've seen with Sturridge, full training doesn't mean 'ready for the premiership'.

I think if he was actually fit, and Klopp just didn't rate him, he'd be on loan right now, but that never seemed a possibility. And considering centre forward is further weakened by Origi being on loan, i'd say Klopp does actually rate Ings.

He's had back to back serious long term injuries though, and clearly last time out they threw him in at the deep end too soon, and it cost him a season. This time it looks like they're taking the cautious approach they should have taken last time. Making sure that not only is the injury healed, but all the other muscle and tissue that will have atrophied while being out, is all fully strengthened and ready, so something else doesn't give way, as happened a year ago.

So I think we'll only see him when he's fully, and totally ready to be physically tested at the highest level again. I also think he's probably the best natural replacement for Firmino at CF, even moreso than Sturridge.

It's worked to a degree with Sturridge but his body doesn't seem up to him playing full time not to mention at a very high tempo. Pity too as he was such a great player.

Hopefully Ings won't have those long term issues but it must be difficult to get the body to 100% after 2 years out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's worked to a degree with Sturridge but his body doesn't seem up to him playing full time not to mention at a very high tempo. Pity too as he was such a great player.

Hopefully Ings won't have those long term issues but it must be difficult to get the body to 100% after 2 years out.

Yeah, the shame with Sturridge is that this approach wasn't taken with him years ago. It seems like the injuries have taken a permanent toll on him, and no matter how fit he gets, he'll never regain the quick-twitch speed he used to have.

Hopefully this level of recuperation will have come in time for Ings. He's still young enough, only just turned 25, that he could come back from it. And while knee injuries can be awful, they're not typically the ones that kill your speed, so fingers crossed. 2 serious knee injuries in each knee at this stage though... he really needs to be handled very carefully for the remainder of his career.

He only completed his first 90 mins. with the U23s pn Aug 25th. It will take him another while to get prepared for a premier league 90 mins. so definitely not ready for a CL squad.

If I'm right the CL squads get updated for the knock out stages. We'll see if he makes that depending on his performances up to January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hi quick brain and quick feet remain, and can still lose his man over 8ft with his movement and his ability to fluster an opponent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Off to Berlin tomorrow m8s.
    BhQjYeE.jpg

Hopefully somewhere is showing the game v city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Journalist: "How do you see Brazilian football nowadays?"

Fun Bobby: "I have a TV"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYo2lImFDDA/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    BhQjYeE.jpg

Hopefully somewhere is showing the game v city.[/QUOTE
    Enjoy mate that and Budapest are my favorite spots in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

BhQjYeE.jpg

Belushi's on Rosa Luxembourg Strasse shows pretty much everything sport-related. Failing that, any Irish bar - but be warned, the prices are ridiculous (be Berlin standards, and still kinda steep by Irish).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Journalist: "How do you see Brazilian football nowadays?"

Fun Bobby: "I have a TV"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYo2lImFDDA/

From a time prior to his teeth starting their daily struggle to block out the sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Apparently United in for Can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

BhQjYeE.jpg

Keep us updated on the food and drink

DrumSteve wrote: »

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/850084/Liverpool-News-LIVE-updates-Klopp-Coutinho-Barcelona-Can-Juventus-Markovic-latest

In the same speel ..........

"Coutinho to skip Champions League
    09:00: Philippe Coutinho is considering refusing to play in the Champions League for Liverpool to ensure his eligibility if he leaves in January.

According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Coutinho could refuse to play for them in an attempt to play for Barcelona in the knockout stages.

The report claims Coutinho's 'disgust' with Liverpool is 'monumental’ and he remains frustrated by the 'arrogant attitude' of the club"

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/850084/Liverpool-News-LIVE-updates-Klopp-Coutinho-Barcelona-Can-Juventus-Markovic-latest

09:00: Philippe Coutinho is considering refusing to play in the Champions League for Liverpool to ensure his eligibility if he leaves in January.

According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Coutinho could refuse to play for them in an attempt to play for Barcelona in the knockout stages.

The report claims Coutinho's 'disgust' with Liverpool is 'monumental’ and he remains frustrated by the 'arrogant attitude' of the club"

Arrogant attitude of the club...? Oh, the irony.

Isn't Sport a Barca mouthpiece anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

If that is true he can get ****ed and rot in the reserves for the season.

Arrogant attitude of the club...? Oh, the irony.

Isn't Sport a Barca mouthpiece anyway?
    punk_one82 wrote: »
    If that is true he can get ****ed and rot in the reserves for the season.

I'd be surprised if it's true but you never know. If he really did want out that he could well be p1ssed off.

The back injury and the crying on international duty was desperate carry on.

• Advertisement

I'd be surprised if it's true but you never know. If he really did want out that he could well be p1ssed off.

The back injury and the crying on international duty was desperate carry on.

You would have imagined he would have seen how Suarez reacted to it and followed that example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He's some absolute gimp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

emo72 wrote: »
    Doesn't Klopp have a great rep as a manager who can turn around a player that's deemed a failure at other clubs? Wonder why markovic has gone so bad? Not even close to getting a look in. And he looked great.

Where? When?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Tennant's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Register him for the CL and **** him the reserves. He'll come around.

If he does pull this nonsense then I expect the club to start fining him wages and I would want the club to continue with their arrogant attitude and hold him to the remainder of his 5 year contract!!

brevity wrote: »
    Tennant's?

Newton and Ridleys.

If he does pull this nonsense then I expect the club to start fining him wages and I would want the club to continue with their arrogant attitude and hold him to the remainder of his 5 year contract!!

All games really ............. if he does want out and kicks off this rubbish the fans will get p1ssed off with him, Klopp too of course ....... come Jan FSG might well leave him off to Barca ........ who might not be offering so much cash then.

All games really ............. if he does want out and kicks off this rubbish the fans will get p1ssed off with him, Klopp too of course ....... come Jan FSG might well leave him off to Barca ........ who might not be offering so much cash then.

Why Barca? If it goes to that put him on the open market but do what Southampton did to Liverpool and refuse to deal with Barcelona.

I'd say Neymar would happily request PSG buy him!

Why Barca? If it goes to that put him on the open market but do what Southampton did to Liverpool and refuse to deal with Barcelona.

Indeed, good point.

• Advertisement

sly word with Real Madrid. Everyone wins...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Where? When?

He had a somewhat competent half an hour or so against Basel before getting red carded. And... em... you know... Hull...

Never mind, sorry to bother you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Express should not be posted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac::pac::pac:

corwill wrote: »
    He had a somewhat competent half an hour or so against Basel before getting red carded. And... em... you know... Hull...

Never mind, sorry to bother you.

He had a good half an hour against Sunderland a few years ago! :)

Tusky wrote: »
    The Express should not be posted here.

Why?
    apologies if it's offensice like The *** would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Salah and Rudiger are the only major transfers this summer that were undervalued, according to research...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41158426

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr27/en/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

:pac::pac::pac:

Sadly, nothing we can do about it if they are. If he does leave, like I expect him to at this stage, hopefully it will be abroad, whether to Juve or someone else.

The express are total rumour aggregators though, no substance.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why?
    apologies if it's offensice like The *** would be

Just because it's beyond muck I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Dickerty wrote: »
    Salah and Rudiger are the only major transfers this summer that were undervalued, according to research...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41158426

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr27/en/

Sahko's estimated value at €5m seems very strange to me. Kinda curious how they came to that figure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement