Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

5starpool wrote: »
    Sadly, nothing we can do about it if they are. If he does leave, like I expect him to at this stage, hopefully it will be abroad, whether to Juve or someone else.

The express are total rumour aggregators though, no substance.

Not a chance Can will go straight to United but I am surprised that there's talk of the Juventus move being a done deal.

Why are Liverpool again not doing a Southampton and kicking up a stink with UEFA on a contracted player being approached??

Just because it's beyond muck I'd say.

No doubt.
    I just googled Can and Utd after than was mentioned and the Coutinho stuff was in the same article.

It is a gossip and rumour thread like :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Register him for the CL and **** him the reserves. He'll come around.

Stick him on for 5 minutes of a champions league game and then off to the reserves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

tok9 wrote: »
    Sahko's estimated value at €5m seems very strange to me. Kinda curious how they came to that figure.

• Activity in national teams (A or U21) and
    results
    • Activity in clubs (championship or Cups)
    and results
    • Goals scored
    • League of employment
    • Contract duration
    • Year of transfer
    • Book value
    • Loan status
    • Level of buying club (estimated)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Stick him on for 5 minutes of a champions league game and then off to the reserves

He could do a Tevez and refuse to go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Although apparently if you don't play any minutes and your team wins the CL then you are not classified as a champion so leave him in the CL squad but don't use him and just go on to win the CL, easy!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

If he does that so be it put the ball in his court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

If a player refused to go on they are in breach of contract. It's why it almost never happens. Most of the sh*ts who would try something like that have the common sense to fake an injury. Refusing to go on means docked wages and opens a player up to a lawsuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lads, him playing or not is immaterial. Once you're registered in a squad you can't be used by another team the rest of the season. So **** you Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Could not wish to meet Barca in the CL any more than I do right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Grayditch wrote: »
    Could not wish to beet Barca in the CL any more than I do right now.

Beating them would be great but I'd rather they just finish last in their group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just because it's beyond muck I'd say.

It's absolute trash on all fronts, not just football, on the level of The Daily Sport, or The National Inquirer. At least the ITKs make up their own lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any indications to why can has not signed a new contract ?

Because he's going to Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »
    Any indications to why can has not signed a new contract ?

He doesn't want to live in England.

His other half is Italian and wants to move home.

He wants a fresh challenge.

He wants to learn Italian and that's best done working and living in Italy.

He doesn't like Klopp.

He is honoring his contract and doesn't like the new one he is being offered.

Juve is the club he dreamed of playing for.

John W doesn't like his flirting with Linda and told him to fcuk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sadly, nothing we can do about it if they are. If he does leave, like I expect him to at this stage, hopefully it will be abroad, whether to Juve or someone else.

The express are total rumour aggregators though, no substance.

He's not signing for Utd, I am sure of that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Grayditch wrote: »
    Because he's going to Juventus.

Really.... How do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Private jet going to get Coutinho and Firmino plus City players. Hope Coutinho gets on it.
    He's expected to play full 90 mins today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

FSG don't **** around when they get involved in this stuff Coutinho and his entourage would do well to remember it. I could see FSG teaching coutinho a lesson if that's the game he wants to play.

I think it's all speculation though, he's a good lad
    who wanted to follow his dream. He'll put his head down and get on with it IMO and Barca will be back next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

tok9 wrote: »
    Sahko's estimated value at €5m seems very strange to me. Kinda curious how they came to that figure.

That same site currently values Sterling at 98.8 million

• Advertisement

JonnyM wrote: »
    Really.... How do you know?

He told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lads, him playing or not is immaterial. Once you're registered in a squad you can't be used by another team the rest of the season. So **** you Phil.

Not true, the player is only registered if he does not play then he can't be cup tied.

If he does play he could still play for another team in Europe as long as the 2 teams are not in the same UEFA Competition.

Article 44 Subsequent registration
    44.01 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2018 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

44.02 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
    a. in the same competition for another club; or
    b. for another club that is currently in the same competition.

44.03 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

44.04 If the registration of such new players causes the number of players on List A to exceed 25, the club must remove the necessary number of currently registered players to reduce the squad to 25 players again. The quota of the "locally trained players" must be respected when registering new players. Newly registered players must wear set numbers which have not previously been assigned.

44.05 If a club cannot count on the services of at least two goalkeepers registered on List A because of long-term injury or illness, the club concerned may temporarily replace the goalkeeper concerned and register a new goalkeeper at any time during the season and complete the official registration list A with a goalkeeper fit to be fielded. An injury or illness is considered long-term if it lasts at least 30 days as of the day the injury or illness occurred. In case the recovery of the goalkeeper occurs before this 30 day period, the player must remain out of the players List A until the end of such period. If the replaced goalkeeper was registered as a locally trained player, the new goalkeeper does not need to be a locally trained player. The club must provide UEFA with the necessary medical evidence in one of UEFA's official languages. UEFA may require further medical examination of the goalkeeper by an expert appointed by UEFA at the cost of the club. Once the injured or ill goalkeeper is fit to be fielded again he can resume his position in 42 VII – Player Registration
    place of his nominated substitute. The change must be announced to the UEFA
    administration 24 hours before the next match in which the goalkeeper is due to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

rossie1977 wrote: »
    That same site currently values Sterling at 98.8 million

They must have missed Brexit, Sterling is only worth 93p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You would think Barcelona would be more concerned with the fact that Messi can walk out the door in 12 months for zilch than using the media to pressure Coutinho and Liverpool further.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    They must have missed Brexit, Sterling is only worth 93p.

Muahahaha!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

rob316 wrote: »
    FSG don't **** around when they get involved in this stuff Coutinho and his entourage would do well to remember it. I could see FSG teaching coutinho a lesson if that's the game he wants to play.

I think it's all speculation though, he's a good lad
    who wanted to follow his dream. He'll put his head down and get on with it IMO and Barca will be back next summer.

You'd have to think his agent is the prime mover in all this.

rob316 wrote: »
    You would think Barcelona would be more concerned with the fact that Messi can walk out the door in 12 months for zilch than using the media to pressure Coutinho and Liverpool further.

Unless he's the replacement...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

Private jet going to get Coutinho and Firmino plus City players. Hope Coutinho gets on it.
    He's expected to play full 90 mins today.

Kick off 930pm GMT in Colombia which is grand actually. You'd reckon they should be in the air by 1am GMT. The flight would be around 15 hours direct, if that's possible. Dunno if they stop for fuel. But they should land on Wednesday afternoon GMT and would get a decent-ish sleep on the flight I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote: »

A back injury??? Does that mean Barca are tapping him up too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Augeo wrote: »
    Heading out to Brazil to do his rehab. Should be back ahead of schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not ideal with Clyne but it'll give a huge chance to Gomez and Trent,
    Iv a feeling Gomez will make it as a full back and we will see Trent in a season or two in midfield at number 6  ,
    I like Gomez at right full, give you strength pace and height, most top side's have one attacking full back and one who stays at home, Chelsea had Ivanovic who tucked in and now Azpilicueta, I think two attacking full back is to much ,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He's not signing for Utd, I am sure of that much.

I'd be very surprised, but how are you 'sure'. Is it because you think Juve is a done deal for all intents and purposes, or otherwise? Did he tell you too no

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Not true, the player is only registered if he does not play then he can't be cup tied.

If he does play he could still play for another team in Europe as long as the 2 teams are not in the same UEFA Competition.

Article 44 Subsequent registration
    44.01 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2018 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

44.02 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA club competition group stage match for another club in the current season may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:
    a. in the same competition for another club; or
    b. for another club that is currently in the same competition.

44.03 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to be registered.

44.04 If the registration of such new players causes the number of players on List A to exceed 25, the club must remove the necessary number of currently registered players to reduce the squad to 25 players again. The quota of the "locally trained players" must be respected when registering new players. Newly registered players must wear set numbers which have not previously been assigned.

44.05 If a club cannot count on the services of at least two goalkeepers registered on List A because of long-term injury or illness, the club concerned may temporarily replace the goalkeeper concerned and register a new goalkeeper at any time during the season and complete the official registration list A with a goalkeeper fit to be fielded. An injury or illness is considered long-term if it lasts at least 30 days as of the day the injury or illness occurred. In case the recovery of the goalkeeper occurs before this 30 day period, the player must remain out of the players List A until the end of such period. If the replaced goalkeeper was registered as a locally trained player, the new goalkeeper does not need to be a locally trained player. The club must provide UEFA with the necessary medical evidence in one of UEFA's official languages. UEFA may require further medical examination of the goalkeeper by an expert appointed by UEFA at the cost of the club. Once the injured or ill goalkeeper is fit to be fielded again he can resume his position in 42 VII – Player Registration
    place of his nominated substitute. The change must be announced to the UEFA
    administration 24 hours before the next match in which the goalkeeper is due to play

If he point blank refused to play I'd name him in the match day squad for a group game, sub him on with 10 seconds to go even if he wasn't in the stadium just to f**k over Barca... surely there isn't a rule that the player has to enter the pitch

............ I think two attacking full back is to much ,

When you don't play a DM it most definitely is. IMO.

• Advertisement

I'd be very surprised, but how are you 'sure'. Is it because you think Juve is a done deal for all intents and purposes, or otherwise? Did he tell you too no

Yeah, me and Emre were having pints over Eid al-Adha. Good craic. He said 'Fuçk Utd!', I said 'fair play Emre'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't see the Can to United stuff being true...maybe if he'd hit the bar with that shot against Watford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can to united would be Jose garnishing his midfield Stormtrooper ethic to a ludicrous degree. They need wide speed not another heavy-middleweight CM. Anyway it's not happening - everything points to Juventus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Where? When?

To be fair to him, he was genuinely exciting at Benfica. A buddy of mine is a season-ticket holder there, gave me a bell after he signed for us telling me we'd gotten a future superstar. Obviously not looking like that's gonna pan out, but there's something there.

Was decent last year on loan too... particularly good against Arsenal and United, so perhaps channeling our 'destroy the big teams' mentality...

Such a shame though. Biggest issue seems to be his aggression. Plenty of skill and speed, and even awareness, but not that extra edge to really fight for things and force things to happen. Which you'd have thought would be the easiest thing to manufacture in a player, but I guess not.

Nuts that he only turned 23 a few months ago though, feels like he's been round forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Couldn't blame Can on a move at the end of his contract though. If I was plotting my dream career having already been sold by my first club, it would probably follow his. Play a stint with major clubs all around Europe. Juve next, then maybe one of the Spanish big three, then a move back to Bayern at around 28 or 29.

Really couldn't see him moving to Utd. Just seems like a pointless option considering the ones that are available... and that jump between clubs still seems like more trouble than it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Rebel, you talk much sense. You say the things I want to say but can't because of smart alecy comments getting in the way.
    It must be the Irish weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Rebel, you talk much sense. You say the things I want to say but can't because of smart alecy comments getting in the way.
    It must be the Irish weather.

I outsource much of my serious thoughts on LFC to Rebel, a fount of good sense. I'm sure he'll stick the invoice in the post at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

It's not all about money with can I think. If his girlfriend is Italian the juventus move would make more sense. No way he is going to another Premier league club.The only thing left to see is if the club takes a small fee in January or let's him go free in July. Hopefully free in July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Can to united would be Jose garnishing his midfield Stormtrooper ethic to a ludicrous degree. They need wide speed not another heavy-middleweight CM. Anyway it's not happening - everything points to Juventus
    Will ya shut up ta fcuk, Harry!

Don't be putting ideas in his head, there's barely enough room for his ego in there as it is:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Couldn't blame Can on a move at the end of his contract though. If I was plotting my dream career having already been sold by my first club, it would probably follow his. Play a stint with major clubs all around Europe. Juve next, then maybe one of the Spanish big three, then a move back to Bayern at around 28 or 29.

Could see that but would have thought he'd go to Germany or Spain while in his prime and then 'retire' to lower league like Italy or Scotland to pick up a few handy league medals. Serie A is probably due another bust/ juve scandal soon anyway.

Anyone else waiting for Ben Woodburn to take to the stage in the Moldova game? :)

Anyone else waiting for Ben Woodburn to take to the stage in the Moldova game? :)

Eh, no. I'm watching the Irish game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

corwill wrote: »
    I outsource much of my serious thoughts on LFC to Rebel, a fount of good sense. I'm sure he'll stick the invoice in the post at some stage.

Can we pool our resources together? Can increase his output them. Going forward.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Eh, no. I'm watching the Irish game.

Grand so. I'm not Irish so don't feel I have to watch the Serbia game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah and Mane have both scored in their qualifiers today, both by running onto balls in behind.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement