Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It could also be argued that it's a case of individual quality is there but could be the system that is leaving them badly exposed aswell

Yeah, I could see the argument for Lovren being let down by the system he's working in... we've seen him play well elsewhere in other systems etc. But Klavan is just a limited player full stop. He was bought to be fourth choice, and that's about right. Cup games, and the absolute worst of injury crisis. But at 3rd choice CB as he is now, he's much too close to being in our first team than i'd like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

On the Howedes thing I think Arsenal just off loaded 'the best defender in the league' Gabriel leaving them with only the three 'best central defenders in the league' so wouldn't surprise me to see a deal already done there to make Howedes 'the best central defender in the league'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Oh man, Howedes would be fantastic. Really hope we're in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Think Klopp was wearing them the other night? Had red trainers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They're an improvement on the LeBron ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They were released back in May. Haven't been in stock once on the official site.

Big mug of tea and a chocolate muffin. Sign that German lad.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Oh man, Howedes would be fantastic. Really hope we're in for him.

We won't be. Probably Everton, Southampton, West Ham or similar.

Go in big to Schalke for Howedes, Goretzka & Meyer that should cover CB and Midfield till the next window anyway.

Edit; Just saw another one who got away is there Konoplyanka get him as well and give Schalke €100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Considering he's played for years with Matip already it makes far too much sense for us to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Considering he's played for years with Matip already it makes far too much sense for us to get him.

Weren't schalke pretty ****e defensively?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Potential Howedes deal seems to be such a good fit, could be almost perfect. If we are not on that.. something, something.

Lovren out of first 11, happy Matip? How was their record though? We should be able to buy Howedes and another good CB too. God knows we need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then, howdy to Howedes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

A *very* quick Google shows that Shalke finished 10th last year, let in 40 goals in 34 league matches (joint 4th best in the league and the other 4 teams that let in 40 or less all finished in the top 4), and Howedes played in 31 of those 34 games.

It seems like such an obvious fit for us, but then what do I know?

Howedes at 29 would be the perfect stop gap player to get till VVD if we are to go back for him next season. (Still think there is more to playout with that transfer yet)

Then Howedes would be a great squad player to have.

Howedes, Matip, Sakho, Lovren, Ragnar & Gomez would be an ok group for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

So then, howdy to Howedes?

Howdy ho! Maybe mr Hankey can make so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Would be very happy to see Howedes come in but would almost put money on it that we will not be in for him. Very frustrating to see players like that going for so cheap (in comparison) and us not to even seem interested. Matuidi was another one, went to Juve for €20m today, would have been the ideal fit for this team IMO, but not sure if he would have come in fairness. Getting very frustrated at this transfer window and our lack of activity, questions will have to be asked if we lose Coutinho and don't bring in a few new faces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Barca getting whopped. 150m coutinho bid incoming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Howdy ho! Maybe mr Hankey can make so

That lad is shît to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

L'equipe in france are reporting that psg are considering selling draxler this window.

Be mental to not try sign him again even if we end up keeping coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

ricero wrote: »
    L'equipe in france are reporting that psg are considering selling draxler this window.

Be mental to not try sign him again even if we end up keeping coutinho

I would have him I. A heartbeat . ****ing lovely player

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I would have him I. A heartbeat . ****ing lovely player

Rather shocked Nivea haven't demanded his signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Barca fans will be demanding answers after these two losses to Real. Incoming bid of 110m plus likely/

Howades, Draxler, Matip - Schalke are the new Southampton!

Luis looks old and missing a step these days.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Howades, Draxler, Matip - Schalke are the new Southampton!

Don't forget Goretzka and Meyer - hell just buy Schalke, at least that would be legal for FSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He isn't quite as good as he was. I think we got his main peak years out of him.

Anyone think Madrid would do a deal with us for Coutinho in exchange for Asensio and some cash.

• Advertisement

Liverpool have sold their best and worst strikers very well on the whole - 65m, 50m, 30m, 18m, 16m (! ;)) 0.4m and at the best time bar Keegan.

Asensio is going nowhere - he and Isco will be their new midfield stars. Better to go after Mario Kovicaiacaicaic or whatever he is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

I know sahko is still a Liverpool player but has anything official been said or written that he has any chance of getting back involved . Only thing I saw was him having a number which doesn't mean too much. He seems to be mentioned a lot as an option but I don't see why..

We sold Suarez cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Barca are so ****ed.

That guy on the board has done so much damage it will take years to fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

brevity wrote: »
    Barca are so ****ed.

That guy on the board has done so much damage it will take years to fix.

I'd say they need a big signing or two to appease the fans at this stage. Wouldn't surprise me if they come back with 120M for Coutinho.

Clearly Barca will feel they HAVE to get in bodies to appease the faithful so they'll be back with one 'not to be repeated' offer of probably 130m quid. Could Liverpool say no (they should) but what if he keeps agitating to leave? You'd hope he can see he'd be jumping onto a sinking ship but as I've said before they'll still do no worse than finish 3rd and qualify for the CL again which is more than Liverpool can be sure of. And maybe Coutinho might think if he does go he'll be a bigger star then might have been the case if they were in better shape and a part time starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone think Madrid would do a deal with us for Coutinho in exchange for Asensio and some cash.

Depends how much cash we offer along with Phil. Can't imagine they'd sell him for any amount though, they see him as a future Ballon D'Or winner and I'd be inclined to agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Eamon Dunphy had a mad rant toward the end of last season about Barcelona entering a serious decline. I didn't agree with him at the time, but with the loss of Neymar I can see it could be happening now.

They looked listless and uninspired tonight. I think that team has taken a hit in confidence and motivation with Neymar's departure. Meanwhile, Real Madrid have a living legend managing them and their young players look the real deal.

Barca will be desperate to try and fix it by landing Dembele or Coutinho. I don't want us to sell Coutinho, but if it does happen we better take them to the cleaners.

Barca fans will be demanding answers after these two losses to Real. Incoming bid of 110m plus likely/

We were talking about 137m a few days ago. They can shove 110 up their jacksie.

• Advertisement

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    We sold Suarez cheap.

Probably a little bit... was still the 3rd largest transfer in history at the time though, and he was suspended for the best part of 6 months for biting people... but yeah we could perhaps have gotten a wee bit more.

I mean, obviously if that transfer was happening in todays market it would be totally different, but the football world is already a vastly different place since then in terms of financing, so its a bit of a moot point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Umaro wrote: »
    Eamon Dunphy had a mad rant toward the end of last season about Barcelona entering a serious decline. I didn't agree with him at the time, but with the loss of Neymar I can see it could be happening now.

A stopped clock is right twice a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I suppose one positive from this window is we can see which "ITK's" are talking absolute bollocks. The amount of them who confirmed the VVD/Keita deals weeks ago when we now know neither club would even deal with us.

I see our name mentioned with some french lad - Seri. Looked him up , he is 5'6. Is there a height restriction at the club? Don't want lads bumping their head on the famous sign?

punk_one82 wrote: »
    I suppose one positive from this window is we can see which "ITK's" are talking absolute bollocks. The amount of them who confirmed the VVD/Keita deals weeks ago when we now know neither club would even deal with us.

You'll note I didn't confirm anything.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Probably a little bit... was still the 3rd largest transfer in history at the time though, and he was suspended for the best part of 6 months for biting people... but yeah we could perhaps have gotten a wee bit more.

I mean, obviously if that transfer was happening in todays market it would be totally different, but the football world is already a vastly different place since then in terms of financing, so its a bit of a moot point.

How dare you Rebel. You're a moo point.

x-friends-moments-that-are-never-not-funny-8.png?w=485&h=364

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Umaro wrote: »

They looked listless and uninspired tonight. I think that team has taken a hit in confidence and motivation with Neymar's departure. Meanwhile, Real Madrid have a living legend managing them and their young players look the real deal.

Barca will be desperate to try and fix it by landing Dembele or Coutinho. I don't want us to sell Coutinho, but if it does happen we better take them to the cleaners.

Disagree. Neymar is good not a great in the making. Marketable lad though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

I would gladly take 120m pound for Couthinho. Blows hot and cold - good but not a great. However providing we use the cash and sign some rdecent defenders and a top midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    I see our name mentioned with some french lad - Seri. Looked him up , he is 5'6. Is there a height restriction at the club? Don't want lads bumping their head on the famou.

Crouch was 6'7" so I reckon Seri will fit in ok at 5'6. He must have a good leap on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I thought Seri had bad toe circulation or something and couldn't play in colder climates? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    That lad is shto be fair.

Ah shut up, ya dry shoite ya.
    garra wrote: »
    Crouch was 6'7" so I reckon Seri will fit in ok at 5'6. He must have a good leap on him

Like a trout apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Barca throwing unrequited offers everywhere, surely gonna go into the season short of a few lads. Haha.

Suckers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement