Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

How would you know?

Money does not fix psychology issues or a chronic illness. A nice house is not a cure for anything other than lack of space.

I was just pointing out the inaccuracy of the statement that mental health has nothing to do with money. Numerous studies such as https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5337246/ show that they are clearly linked.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mr.H wrote: »
    Coutinho is going bot play center mid. It's what we've talked about all summer and why klopp seemed so annoyed at the whole situation. We planned for this huge idea of building around coutinho in center mid.

It'll probably be Can Wjin and Hendo starting. Phil will probably replace Wjin with Ox replacing one of the front wide lads.

I think we will see Alex playing on the front flanks this season as there is less competition there realistically

Salah, Mane and Fun Bobby are plenty of competition for that position!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

dogbert27 wrote: »
    True but it's still the same question. Who does he replace?

I would prefer if it was henderson. He has a high level of involvement but his passing has been poor so far. He could improve on that in the next couple of games but if not definitely. You have to play the players who are on form and at the moment that is Wijnaldum and can. Later in the season that will change around again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Watching the new series of narcos all this week.

Bobby would not look out of place with them lads the way he looks and dresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Boom_Bap wrote:
    Salah, Mane and Fun Bobby are plenty of competition for that position!

I mean as back up......

He ain't anywhere near god enough for a first team spot anywhere on the pitch.

But in center mid we have Coutinho, Lallana, Can, Henderson and Wjinaldum.

Up front we have Mane, Salah, Sturridge, Ings, Solanke, Marokvic, Woodburn and Firmino.

With Firmino and Sturridge playing center, and Solanke and Ings being squad back up. I can I see that wide berth as Chamberlains biggest chance of getting game time.

But again as a squad player. Which is good because they can't play twice a week every week for the whole season.

We needed a squad and how our bench looks pretty decent.

Karius, Klaven, Trent, Chamberlain, Solanke, Coutinho and Sturridge. That is very likely our bench this weekend......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Jose Enrique has retired at 31.

I wish him well.

Craig.

ricero wrote:
    Bobby would not look out of place with them lads the way he looks and dresses

Could imagine Bobby skrtel and agger fitting in well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I forgot about Solanke for the domestic cups team.

I mean as back up......

He ain't anywhere near god enough for a first team spot anywhere on the pitch.

But in center mid we have Coutinho, Lallana, Can, Henderson and Wjinaldum.

Up front we have Mane, Salah, Sturridge, Ings, Solanke, Marokvic, Woodburn and Firmino.

With Firmino and Sturridge playing center, and Solanke and Ings being squad back up. I can I see that wide berth as Chamberlains biggest chance of getting game time.

But again as a squad player. Which is good because they can't play twice a week every week for the whole season.

We needed a squad and how our bench looks pretty decent.

Karius, Klaven, Trent, Chamberlain, Solanke, Coutinho and Sturridge. That is very likely our bench this weekend......

I could see Milner being on the bench ahead of Solanke. Milner can cover for midfield and left back if tactics or injury require.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

April 22 1990.....

Your six days early. We won the title on April 28th 1990 (won it with two games to spare)

Also Kasper Schmeichel was born before Liverpool last won the league but the video along with some United fans claim other wise

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote:
    I could see Milner being on the bench ahead of Solanke. Milner can cover for midfield and left back if tactics or injury require.

Jaysus I can't believe I left out Miller and Robertson..... of course then we also have players like grujic Woodburn Ward and Marokvic who have the ability to play a part if given the chances. Not to mention Clyne and lallana eventually returning.

I'm kinda getting excited about having a squad to be honest. It's a nice change.

A top 4 spot, get out of the group and get to any final. That would be a successful season. Dealing with the extra games won't be easy so getting use to it and making sure we have it again next year would be my aim. Next year we will need bigger targets but for now just competing and not looking out of place on any front would be my target.

Jaysus I can't believe I left out Miller and Robertson..... of course then we also have players like grujic Woodburn Ward and Marokvic who have the ability to play a part if given the chances. Not to mention Clyne and lallana eventually returning.

I'm kinda getting excited about having a squad to be honest. It's a nice change.

A top 4 spot, get out of the group and get to any final. That would be a successful season. Dealing with the extra games won't be easy so getting use to it and making sure we have it again next year would be my aim. Next year we will need bigger targets but for now just competing and not looking out of place on any front would be my target.

Yeah we definitely have a good pool of 16 players for PL and CL this season and a "second" team for the domestic cups.
    We should not be seeing any of our front 3 in the League Cup games or the first few rounds of the FA Cup. We don't need to see Coutinho in those games either.

Also Kasper Schmeichel was born before Liverpool last won the league but the video along with some United fans claim other wise

Of course. But that's just united fans being united fans. Some of them are knowledgeable but a lot are just sheep who just support the team when they are doing well.

I have three friends who are arsenal fans. Up until 3 years ago they kept the whole "living in the past" as there go-to line for all debates. Until of course they realised how long it's been since they won it......

United fans need to realise that 5 seasons very quickly become 13. All of a sudden you haven't won the league for 26 years............. it's not like it hasn't happened them before.

They spent a lot of money in the last 4 years and it hasn't produced. At least I'm sure they didn't spend half a billion plus extraordinary wages to win the league cup and Europa league.......

But I digress, opposing fans will always take jibes at each other. It should always be taken light hearted because there are bigger things in life than this game we are obsessed with.

For what it's worth the video (which no didn't see) may be inaccurate, but in 6 days it will be a little more accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Can be applied to people in general in all sports tbh

Wow, just noticed we have 5 games in 14 days coming up and should be televised!!! :)

Squad will be getting a run out, no wonder Markovic is being included in the training!! Could be part of the League Cup squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Markovic will probably end up going to Turkey again - their window is still open.

Markovic will probably end up going to Turkey again - their window is still open.

Wouldn't all Turkish teams who have European football have had submitted their squads by now?

It would only be worth his while if he was playing at a high level. Rather keep him around Liverpool as an extra body for us.

Team for Saturday, presumably Coutinho will be a sub. Hopefully Firmino will start as it might be reckless to have Sturridge at KO. Moreno - will he be a CL player rather than a PL one I wonder.

Miffed_Mig
    Gomez---Matip--Lovren--Roberston
    Hendo
    Can----Wijn
    --Salah
    Bobby----Mane

Karius, TAA, Klavan, Milner, Coutinho, Solanke, Sturridge

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if Marko left, but I would keep him. He may not play 10 games but he allows us to have a bigger squad. Having him as back up in a just in case scenario is a good thing.

I'd even give him minutes from the bench go fight for a spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Team for Saturday, presumably Coutinho will be a sub. Hopefully Firmino will start as it might be reckless to have Sturridge at KO. Moreno - will he be a CL player rather than a PL one I wonder.

Miffed_Mig
    Gomez---Matip--Lovren--Roberston
    Hendo
    Can----Wijn
    --Salah
    Bobby----Mane

Karius, TAA, Klavan, Milner, Coutinho, Solanke, Sturridge

Ox Chamberlain instead of Gomez and milner for Robertson I'd say

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Ox Chamberlain instead of Gomez and milner for Robertson I'd say

Forgot about Ox-Bow! He'll be on the bench as the least, and yes maybe he'll play RB after all he signed to play midfield like Milner :D

I had to check when that article was published after or before the comments I made on it yesterday, it was after so I wasn't raising an issue I had seen elsewhere.

................ Moreno - will he be a CL player rather than a PL one I wonder...............

Never thought I'd be wondering that in Sep 2017 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ahh somebody seen the factually incorrect video on facebook that has been floating about

Saw it on the Utd thread , lying busterds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Ahh somebody seen the factually incorrect video on facebook that has been floating about

I see they have finally crawled out from under their rock they have been living under

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

All over the sports news now....

2018 summer transfer window to close at 5pm on the Thursday before the start of the season.

Positive move I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Colemania wrote: »
    All over the sports news now....

2018 summer transfer window to close at 5pm on the Thursday before the start of the season.

Positive move I think!

Ooh that was quick. I completely understand the desire for this move however unless all the big leagues adopt this new deadline aren't the English clubs just putting themselves at a disadvantage to the rest of the European leagues as a result of this? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He looks so unhappy and refusing to train/play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Morneo the mascot to the rescue.
    o7OfWnw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He got the teeth done too like Firmino. Looks ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No Phil it's true. I'm really back in the first team. Why are you laughing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Keeping Moreno was the best piece of business this summer. The Brazilians love him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

tok9 wrote: »
    Keeping Moreno was the best piece of business this summer. The Brazilians love him.

He's teaching them Spanish the fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Operation keep Moreno has worked. We don't need to play him again until near the next window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

amber69 wrote: »
    He's teaching them Spanish the fecker
    Rumour has it that livinginkorea is now qualified to teach Italian, the fekker:mad:
    HTTP3N0cmVhbTEuZ2lmc291cC5jb20vdmlldzcvMzI2MDM5OC9pLW0td2F0Y2hpbmcteW91LW8uZ2lm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Morneo the mascot to the rescue.
    o7OfWnw.jpg

Moreno and his pet snake.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Moreno and his pet snake.

It's been a while

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If he doesn't talk sh1t about the club and gets on with his playing, I wont hold it against him pushing for a move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Its almost as if everything we read about him refusing to play was complete bullsh!t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Umaro wrote: »
    Its almost as if everything we read about him refusing to play was complete bullsh!t.

Well he doesnt have much choice now does he? The window is closed. When it was open, he was nowehere to be seen. Crying in his Jacuzzi at home.

Changing the transfer window is the biggest mistake ever made.

I fail to see how anything positive comes from this. If it happened this year we would not have signed Chamberlain and coutinho still would have been chased until the last day of the Spanish window.

This only has negative consequences for English clubs and offers nothing positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just wait until a major player suffers a long term injury on the opening week and can't be replaced and there is uproar to change it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think its good news to change it. Aint nobody got time for transfer nonsense once the league starts. Let the teams settle down and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Also sad to hear about 360. Got shocking abuse on here while injured, hopefully things work out for him.

Himself and Wijnaldum in the same team spinning in circles while opposition players try in vain to get the ball would have been a sight to behold.

J Mysterio wrote:
    I think its good news to change it. Aint nobody got time for transfer nonsense once the league starts. Let the teams settle down and get on with it.

Yet we bought Alex after it started and it didn't affect the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

J Mysterio wrote: »

But players can still leave to teams outside of the England, so we'd still have had all the Coutinho nonsense, but with no potential to actually sign any replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yet we bought Alex after it started and it didn't affect the team

It had one of the lads crying in south America ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will Coutinho's back pain return around Christmas and the New Year?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement