Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote:
    Bit of a change from the ask FSG speel he was saying two weeks ago. And, be under no illusion, Phil will be sold within 12 months.

People said he was 100% gone this summer also .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Probably the only change in the squad will be AOC for Grujic.

It's a bit of a pity for Grujic because he's looked sharp any time I've seen him this season and in pre-season.
    It's a good time for him now though. You'd imagine he'll at least get 30 against Leicester in the LC.
    Maybe he'll start altogether.
    I'm not sure about it as a unit, but in terms of getting players games, a midfield 3 of Milner, AOC and Grujic would give those who've yet to feature much a chance to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane's been named Premier League player of the month, deservedly so.

DJNgxZMXYAAFRKW.jpg

First time since March 2014 we've had a Liverpool player win the award.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's as if we didn't already know ;)

Ryan Kent on his loan move
    “Liverpool wanted me to stay and see the season out, but it was me who wanted to get game time. The boss suggested Freiburg would be a good move, because they have a good manager and mentioned that a lot of young players have come through the system there and go onto bigger things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Mane's been named Premier League player of the month, deservedly so.

First time since March 2014 we've had a Liverpool player win the award.
    Looks like he isn't leaning, the room is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Fair play to Mane, he's had a great start to the season. I think Salah has been equally impressive, was he nominated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Komlany out tomorrow for city

Fair play to Mane, he's had a great start to the season. I think Salah has been equally impressive, was he nominated?

He was nominated yeah. He also won Liverpool's player and goal of the month, because it's a public vote and the entirety of Egypt is obsessed with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

He was nominated yeah. He also won Liverpool's player and goal of the month, because it's a public vote and the entirety of Egypt is obsessed with him.

Yeah, I heard on one of the footie pods that he has twice as many Twitter followers as Everton.
    It was also why Roma posted about him winning it every month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Ha ha , sign hegazi and the club would get 100 million more fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mr.H wrote: »
    People said he was 100% gone this summer also .......

Indeed.

If people keep saying it they're bound to be right eventually imo. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

It's the right call on Coutinho, glad he was left out. Aside from anything else he can't be up to speed and also he should have to earn his way back in gradually.

The Can contract (inevitable Juve free transfer imo) thing is a sickener. Himself and Wij and Keita would have been a lovely blend next season. Henderson to factor in as well but that trio would have ticked a lot of boxes for me.

Anyway.... Should be a belter tomorrow. Kompany out is good news and we can score goals tomorrow, sure City are saying the same.
    Could be a cracker....

Lads I can't wait for Naby to join us, just did this vs Hamburg.

https://imgtc.com/w/SU5ZMpl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's clearly a subliminal message to VvD - you too can be free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/08/alberto-moreno-exclusive-interview-fighter-knew-had-future-liverpool/

“The lowest point came at the start of last season when I was not playing,” says Moreno.

“I was training hard and well, and then the manager decided James Milner would be left-back. I was not happy. I was not featuring, my head was not in the right place and I did not feel good. This impacts on your family as well. They were unhappy too. We were all feeling down. Oh look a Squirrel!'' '
    After chasing a Squirrel with a stick for 40 mins he went on to say.

“But in life and in football I am a fighter. I never give up and when you are down you have to use that motivation to work harder. I found strength from my family, my partner Lilia and my daughter Carla, who was born this time last year. Just looking at her face was my motivation. It lifted me.

“Yes, it is tough, but you only know how you will react when you face the situation of not playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tino Wormer also scored a cracker. Should try to try him down when Sturridge goes to West Ham for 40m next summer (as he surely will)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Timo werner also scored a cracker. Would love to see the club try sign him next summer. The next german superstar in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I find myself watching a bit of German football lately and i have'nt done that for years, anyway i think Keita is going to be a massive signing for us, he just has everything you'd want in a midfielder.

I'd love to see us making a massive offer to Can, put in a release clause if it means getting it over the line, a midfield three of Can, Gini, Keita with our front three would win us the league IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ricero wrote: »
    Timo werner also scored a cracker. Would love to see the club try sign him next summer. The next german superstar in my opinion

Next summers tantrum/FSG out rant whether we're in for him or not? :pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Next summers tantrum whether we're in for him or not? :pac:

No more transfer chat from me until january. All about the lads on the pitch now

• Advertisement

No more transfer chat from me until january. All about the lads on the pitch now

Not a mention of FSG then? Are you new? Welcome to the site! :)

Tino Wormer also scored a cracker.
    Timo werner also scored a cracker.

thinking-face_1f914.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/08/alberto-moreno-exclusive-interview-fighter-knew-had-future-liverpool/

“The lowest point came at the start of last season when I was not playing,” says Moreno.

“I was training hard and well, and then the manager decided James Milner would be left-back. I was not happy. I was not featuring, my head was not in the right place and I did not feel good. This impacts on your family as well. They were unhappy too. We were all feeling down. Oh look a Squirrel!'' '

“But in life and in football I am a fighter. I never give up and when you are down you have to use that motivation to work harder. I found strength from my family, my partner Lilia and my daughter Carla, who was born this time last year. Just looking at her face was my motivation. It lifted me.

“Yes, it is tough, but you only know how you will react when you face the situation of not playing.
    f1mrtt99jl9x.gif:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Oh look a Squirrel!'' '

You're some c**t, Toby. That's why I love ya.

corwill wrote: »
    You're some c**t, Toby. That's why I love ya.

Think it was you who said it, "Gwan Toby lob another fire-cracker into the hen house".

I fcukin broke my arse laughing at that. That's what he does. This thread would suck without Toby. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I know its stating the obvious but our defence really need to be switched on tomorrow

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I know its stating the obvious but our defence really need to be switched on tomorrow

So no squirrel chasing then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

shamrock55 wrote: »

I think we will batter them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think we will batter them!

Hope your right,get at them from the start and give them no time on the ball and we have a great chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Bricking it with half an eye on Wednesday. Let's get fcuking going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Turtyturd wrote: »
    1 and 1?

2-4
    Went to the currywurst museum today
    currywurstmuseum.jpg?w=500&h=303

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Klaven starts ahead of Lovren. Crikey.

Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Klavan, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino.

Yeah Klavan and Moreno would both worry me.

Klaven starts ahead of Lovren. Crikey.

Im sure klavan started the home game last year against city so at least he has some experiance in a game like this.

Cant make heads nor tails of citys line-up though.

If we boss the midfield i think we will win today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

At least its Matip with Klavan........I'd be a bit worried on the left in terms of defence for us.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Was half expecting Klavan for Lovren. Lovren had to play 2 games in 48 hours for Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp is going rotation nuts this year. Benitez would be proud.

No confidence in our backline but City's looks just as weak.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Knex. wrote: »
    Klopp is going rotation nuts this year. Benitez would be proud.

Extra games, so the sensible thing to do if it is not impacting the performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    Extra games, so the sensible thing to do if it is not impacting the performance.

Aye. I'm not against it at all. Also makes sense when we've a lot of players at similar levels, such as at fullback and even midfield.

Be even better when Lallana is back and Coutinho is up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Aye. I'm not against it at all. Also makes sense when we've a lot of players at similar levels, such as at fullback and even midfield.

The only concern is that Mane/Salah/Firmino are automatic picks. Sturridge can come in for Firmino possibly, but we're not as rotation ready for Mane/Salah as we'd like probably. I'd imagine Burnley next Saturday will see some rotation there anyhow, with Coutinho, Sturridge coming in anyhow, probably Chamberlain as well. Not terrible subs in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Yeah it's decent. But how often will Klopp have to sit down and make a decision between them all given their injury records.

Match thread nothing but the neutrals talking shít about both teams.

Better there than here tbh....leave them at it.....

Klavan is piss poor.....

Game ruined

That better be rescinded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Ah I think its a red. Killer and obv he didn't mean to hurt him but it was reckless and dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Match over. I'm off. Poor decision by the ref, foot was high but warranted a yellow not a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

How anyone can post in the match thread is beyond me, full of absolute bellends.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement