Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

The more replays l see, the worse it gets. Nailed on red, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Ah I think its a red. Killer and obv he didn't mean to hurt him but it was reckless and dangerous.
    corwill wrote: »
    The more replays l see, the worse it gets. Nailed on red, for me.

Wouldn't agree entirely......50-50 challenge at the end of the day, is it always a red for a high foot? No malice or weight behind it, no intent. I don't feel robbed or anything, I can understand the red tbh, unlucky IMO.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Of course it's a red. No way it'll be rescinded.

That's his rotation sorted anyhow. He would have been rested on Saturday vs Burnley I think, and wouldn't have played in the League Cup anyhow. The main impact is obviously today. Could get ugly now, 3 or 4-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If it's not against a goalkeeper there's no chance it's a red.

If it was Fernandinho or Aguero on Mignolet I can guarantee you'd be saying something different.

It's game over already but how the fcuk is our defending so bad, Jesus getting so many headers off, we still have our defence for fcuk sake.

I don't want to watch the rest of this game :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Matip marking no one for the second, Klavan marking the wrong man. Not one leader at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I don't want to be that person, but how we didn't sign a CD is beyond me. This could be a cricket score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    I don't want to watch the rest of this game :(

I incurred a row with Mrs Corwill to get into town to watch this. Should have known no good would come of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

our defence is the absolute pits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Otamendis yellow was more wreckless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Game doesn't matter now - ref ended it as a contest. Might be 3 or 4 at the end but doesn't matter. On to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think we will batter them!

Fucķ.

Klavan is so below the standard required its infuriating how he gets so many games. Should be no surprise either.

• Advertisement

I've said it before and I'll say it again,matip is a pile of dung

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Studs up... into the face? Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully ederson is OK firstly. I think mane was right to challenge and it was all just an unfortunate accident, no malice intended. I doubt mane was expecting the keeper to come in with a diving header at that height.
    No way will we win an appeal on that so it's gonna be a long 3 game suspension but thankfully one is a cup game and he will be grand for the champions league game.
    Damage limitations in the game now, shut up shop and hope we don't receive a whopping as can't see us getting back into this.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Studs up... into the face? Seriously

dead serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Game doesn't matter now - ref ended it as a contest. Might be 3 or 4 at the end but doesn't matter. On to the next one.

Exactly my thoughts now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can Mane play in the CL, presumably yes.

Worth mentioning that the ref only gets one look.

Our Midfield was so poor for the first...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

shamrock55 wrote:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again,matip is a pile of dung

Jogged back after aguero for the 1st goal. Wouldn't have made it but you have to make the effort on the off chance something happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can Mane play in the CL, presumably yes.

Worth mentioning that the ref only gets one look.

Yes can still play in the champions league he will miss Burley next Saturday and 2 gamesV Leicester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

First, I think it was a red. No malice, but you put your boot up that high for a 50/50, you give the ref a choice.

The bigger issue for Liverpool is the defending and not taking chances. Klavan is a disaster waiting to happen in every game. Salah can't finish his dinner most of the time.
    Keeper also a problem. Not the biggest issue today, but got it wrong for the offside goal, and should have come when it's swung into that near to him for their second.

This aren't new issues. They've been there a while. Unless they are focused on and corrected, then there'll continue to be weak goals conceded.

Otamendis yellow was more wreckless

Don't be so daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Glad im missing the game, nothing positive about it from the look of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Definitely a RED card --

Fifa's laws of the game for the 2017-18 season contains the following entry...
    "Serious foul play - a tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ERG89 wrote: »
    Glad im missing the game, nothing positive about it from the look of it.

Game was done once Mane was sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It doesn't matter how many times it happens, people keep deluding themselves in thinking we have enough quality in attack.

City did not look good and we should be currently sitting on a 3 or 4 goal lead in terms of how effective our game plan was against theirs, but we don't have the quality up front to execute it consistently enough.

We didn't make any bigger mistakes in defence than City did. They just have players who are top quality in the box and when given chances take them.

We need to keep hammering away until one goes in by accident or we engineer a chance so easy even we can't miss.
    Our mediocre conversion rate is one thing, but more than that, it's the killer instinct around the box in general. We consistently fail to take the right option or fail to properly deliver the killer ball.
    We're capable of it but not consistent enough when compared to teams with top class attack players.

The away games against the top 6 are a free shot in my book, and I probably wouldn't even change our lineup if we had a top quality CF because of how effective the busy work and pace in behind has been, but over the course of the season we're going to miss chances our system, or energy and our pressing are effectively putting on a plate for us and it'll continue to cost us points.

It's frustrating after looking forward to it but that's just the way these games go sometimes. Lots more points to play for.

I'm not sure about what the exact rules are, but I think generally the game takes high boot offences far too casually. That should be a red all day long in my book. Can't go around threatening to kick people in the face.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Hopefully ederson is OK firstly. I think mane was right to challenge and it was all just an unfortunate accident, no malice intended. I doubt mane was expecting the keeper to come in with a diving header at that height.
    No way will we win an appeal on that so it's gonna be a long 3 game suspension but thankfully one is a cup game and he will be grand for the champions league game.
    Damage limitations in the game now, shut up shop and hope we don't receive a whopping as can't see us getting back into this.

Serious foul play (and I'd imagine that's what the offence was) doesn't necessarily lead to a 3 game ban.

It will probably only be one game.

Why the fcuk would we take Salah off of all people?

bring on the ox,he will save the day😂

Back 3 with Can......last time we done that Stoke scored 6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I think it was a red, can't really argue. It was accidental but very dangerous so he had to go.

We were all over the shop at the back anyway so I didn't fancy us to get anything even with 11 on the park to be honest.
    You just can't defend like we do and expect the attack to always bail you out

Henderson has been so so poor

Millner infront of a back 3 and bring on studge

Gbear wrote: »
    Serious foul play (and I'd imagine that's what the offence was) doesn't necessarily lead to a 3 game ban.

It will probably only be one game.

I'll be surprised if it's not 3.

Klavan......awful

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    I'll be surprised if it's not 3.

Were you kicked in the face by Mané? :p

NukaCola wrote: »
    Henderson has been so so poor

He can join the cue then can't he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

NukaCola wrote: »
    Klavan......awful
    And not a surprise.
    Should play the League Cup games, the odd FA Cup matches, and on the bench for PL games.
    But we don't have that 3rd CDF option (I've start Gomez ahead of him) in Klopps opinion.

Did I just see 4 LFC players buzzing around trying to close down and Ox just stroll back?

I'm a bit puzzled by the generally negative view of the performance.

We know we're a bit flaky in the final third and in his short career Salah has shown he bottles chances sometimes but in the main we were playing well almost from front to back.

I think people's disappointment is clouding their judgement.

Up until we were caught napping, or even until the sending off, we were comfortably the better and more dangerous side.

Very close to turning this off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh **** off henderson, Gerrard wannabe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This is what happens when you don't have any decent defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Wonderful ball by Henderson. Then loses his marker to 'make amends'. Such a low footballing IQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Henderson disgraceful again there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Keita cannot arrive quick enough, Henderson has the captaining gravitas of a feather in a hurricane.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement