Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Why the fcuk would we take Salah off of all people?

Pretty baffling. He was getting at City and is always an outlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I see the lad who's pretending to be a Liverpool fan is going ninety over in the match thread. At least there's something we can laugh about today I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think maybe another consequence of the way we play is we're particularly bad at dealing with a man disadvantage.

If your gameplan is predicated on keeping the other team off balance with your energy and pressing then if that evaporates, what are you left with?
    And further to that, City again looked really vulernable today and it seems if you can get among them they **** themselves a bit, but if they're left in space they have the quality to blow teams away, and us with 10 men might be the worst example of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Why the fcuk would we take Salah off of all people?

Because the game is settled

That's the trick with these early kick-offs.

If it goes tits up so does your whole weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

People need to calm down the game was over in the first half. On the the next one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This was always going to be our toughest game of the season.

A loss away to City is not the end of the world. Of course our defence looks shíte we're playing with 10 men and using a back 3 with Emre Can playing in defence. They switched off for the first goal, granted, although I'd be inclined to say that was mostly the fault of our midfield being passed through far too easily.

The 3 games Mane will be missing, if he does miss 3 games, will be Burnley and Leicester in the league and Leicester in the cup, not the biggest games to miss. Our biggest game is this Tuesday and he's available for that.

As shít as today feels it's just a bad result and a bit embarrassing, not the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I guess the only reason Salah was taken off is because Klopp thought the game was a done deal,and he was right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just a quick update on the hurling.

Kerry U21 1-9
    Wicklow U21 2-6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

City fans booing Milner?......some class alright...

• Advertisement

A loss away to City is not the end of the world. Of course our defence looks shíte we're playing with 10 men and using a back 3 with Emre Can playing in defence. They switched off for the first goal, granted, although I'd be inclined to say that was mostly the fault of our midfield being passed through far too easily.

The 3 games Mane will be missing, if he does miss 3 games, will be Burnley and Leicester in the league and Leicester in the cup, not the biggest games to miss. Our biggest game is this Tuesday and he's available for that.

As shít as today feels it's just a bad result and a bit embarrassing, not the end of the world.

It's a big deal that we still have Salah.

Ok, he's looked a bit iffy in the box at times, but that threat in behind is vital from a tactical standpoint.

It's not a catastrophe to have to play Sturridge, Solanke, or, let's not forget, Phil Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

NukaCola wrote: »

Can't say anything when Liverpool fans do it with Sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Keita cannot arrive quick enough, Henderson has the captaining gravitas of a feather in a hurricane.
    Not disagreeing with you, but Henderson should not be in that role, nor should he be captain. Neither are his choice. We saw the best of Henderson, in the middle, box to box.
    He shouldn't be in a fully fit starting 11, so it's down to the manager.

Different situations though...

Two very different situations.

NukaCola wrote: »

Model professional, part of their first league title in 50 years, his contract expired so he left. What a cùnt :rolleyes:

that's all well and good,but I'm a fan who wants to see us win the league one more time before i die,and this rubbish doesn't inspire confidence,these are the games you at least need a result if thats your aim

shamrock55 wrote: »
    that's all well and good,but I'm a fan who wants to see us win the league one more time before i die,and this rubbish doesn't inspire confidence,these are the games you at least need a result if thats your aim

This is the toughest game of the season, it doesn't decide our fate.

Some people in here slate clyne but you can see from this game why hes a big miss.

Going forward i would start Gomez in front of Trent i think hes more solid for now

• Advertisement

These are the games we had our best results last year, but miles off the title.
    The dropped points against Watford hurt more.

Holy shít there's still 20 minutes left

It isn't rubbish.

We go to the most expensively assembled team in the history of the league and probably favourites for the title, outplay them for most of the first half and show how vulnerable they are while playing a perfectly good game of football ourselves.

Yeah, **** happens and we get caught out, but it doesn't represent a bad performance. A performance that was very good for most of the first half isn't invalidated by 1 or 2 mistakes.

Then there's a red and the game changes, but what comes after isn't a reflection on the whole.

People are caning Hendo for the leadup to the third, but that's what desperation looks like.

Maybe he can do something pointless like recycle possession, but when you're that far behind you can't afford to play the percentages anymore.
    From 1-0 and 1 man down, this team doesn't have the quality or the system where we can make bags of good choices anymore.

And that's not even a criticism. We are where we are because Klopp has made us better than the sum of our parts, while the likes of City, Utd and Arsenal are consistently worse.

I'd be far more concerned if I was a City fan after seeing the individual and tactical naivety of their team of megastars and supposedly revolutionary genius manager.

This is the toughest game of the season, it doesn't decide our fate.

Why would you think it's our toughest game Of The season,weve gotten great results here over the years,

Embarrassing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

We were due a hammering to show what an absolute embarrassment the defense is

• Advertisement

Why would you think it's our toughest game Of The season,weve gotten great results here over the years,

We've got 1 win in the Etihad in our last 9.

ricero wrote: »
    Some people in here slate clyne but you can see from this game why hes a big miss.

Going forward i would start Gomez in front of Trent i think hes more solid for now

While that's true, that's not really a very good reflection on Clyne.

You're comparing a seasoned PL starter with a pair of infants.

In more general terms, it's a demonstration of the value of not having to rely on players who aren't ready yet.
    Trent was targeted a bit today and he couldn't really cope. No shame in that for him.

the ox must be a jinx when it comes to hammerings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really wish Liverpool would boycott those Barclay monthly awards, they're just a curse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Well...... We've had better days.

Think its time to get out my emergency gin.

• Advertisement

We've got 1 win in the Etihad in our last 9.

well our last 3 visits 1 win 1draw 1loss

Gbear wrote: »
    It isn't rubbish.

We go to the most expensively assembled team in the history of the league and probably favourites for the title, outplay them for most of the first half and show how vulnerable they are while playing a perfectly good game of football ourselves.

Yeah, **** happens and we get caught out, but it doesn't represent a bad performance. A performance that was very good for most of the first half isn't invalidated by 1 or 2 mistakes.

Then there's a red and the game changes, but what comes after isn't a reflection on the whole.

People are caning Hendo for the leadup to the third, but that's what desperation looks like.

Maybe he can do something pointless like recycle possession, but when you're that far behind you can't afford to play the percentages anymore.
    From 1-0 and 1 man down, this team doesn't have the quality or the system where we can make bags of good choices anymore.

And that's not even a criticism. We are where we are because Klopp has made us better than the sum of our parts, while the likes of City, Utd and Arsenal are consistently worse.

I'd be far more concerned if I was a City fan after seeing the individual and tactical naivety of their team of megastars and supposedly revolutionary genius manager.

Don't think city fans will be too concerned after this tbh,are arsenal who won last 2 fa cups,utd who won 2cups last year and city really more consistently worse then is,i don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah damn it, that fifth goal really killed off our hopes of a comeback. :(

Don't think city fans will be too concerned after this tbh,are arsenal who won last 2 fa cups,utd who won 2cups last year and city really more consistently worse then is,i don't think so

Consistently worse than the sum of their parts.

Why are they paying Guardiola all this money when any dickhead could turn up with £600m worth of players and crumble in defence when put under pressure and eventually limp to a CL finish?

Well at least that's our worst performance Of The year outta the way(hopefully)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Shambles.......well played Mig........next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did we just concede 5 goals and Moreno can't be blamed for any of them.

I'm hungover, working yet another weekend, and I got to half watch Liverpool lose 5-0. This is a brutal Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Now that boys and girls was a spanking.

Utterly abysmal.

Ah well....not much too say. On to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The red card should not deflect from our awful defense. So disappointing to see this weakness still not addressed. It's pure negligence.

Turned it off at half time so we only lost 2 nil for me :pac:

On to the next one lads

Ox must be delighted. Loses 4-0 against us last time round, and his game for us we get destroyed 5-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Did the ref refuse to shake hands with Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Down to 10 or not, that is unacceptable.

Management and players.

Firstly, they can't keep it remotely tight to get to HT. Then Salah comes off at HT even though pace is the only way to compete with 10 men, sending a msg that they've given up. Then they show nothing in their pressing or defending. Then Firmino is taken off, just in case you didn't know already that we'd given up. Then they play at an even slower pace as City pick them off.

Unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

paulie21 wrote: »
    Did the ref refuse to shake hands with Klopp?

No. Klopp wanted a word and Moss kept walking.

Well at least that's our worst performance Of The year outta the way(hopefully)

Defense wise? Probably not. I think we are gonna suffer for not reinforcing at the back this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id agree,no excuse for not trying to keep the score down,none

Benzino wrote: »
    The red card should not deflect from our awful defense. So disappointing to see this weakness still not addressed. It's pure negligence.
    Exactly. Unable to park the bus till the 80min to then try hit them for a point.
    Not sure how anyone can say well played Mig, he was most at fault for the 2nd (which finished the game); got to dominate your box when it's swung in that close to you. Note; far bigger problems than just Mig.

• Advertisement

It happens (okay maybe it shouldn't normally, but it did :p). A loss is a loss and aside from GD the scoreline doesn't matter. We'll be the butt of some jokes this week but nothing more really. It's not indicative of our season so far or our team's ability. Beat Sevilla at Anfield, beat Burnley at Anfield and in a week's time all will be okay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement