Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Grayditch wrote: »
    Barca throwing unrequited offers everywhere, surely gonna go into the season short of a few lads. Haha.

Suckers.

If the rumours of Coutinho going on strike are true I'd take 120m and good luck Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Fieldog wrote: »
    If the rumours of Coutinho going on strike are true I'd take 120m and good luck Phil

Nope. he promises one more year, going into the WC, and he goes next season. We can't just give in for extra money we can't spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd keep him for the next five years tbh. He's unhappy, so what? None of us are happy. STFU and play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I just want him gone at this stage, im sick of the not knowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Vicxas wrote: »
    I just want him gone at this stage, im sick of the not knowing.

Kind of how I'm feeling, put up or shut up Phil...

Never thought it would get to that stage with him, he was never a primadonna before, once Barca come knocking it all goes tits up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd keep him and do a Sakho on him drop him down to Gerrard to train him with the kids for a few months.

Give Gerrard some training as well on how to deal with players with big egos and who throw hissy fits something I'm sure he knows all about from his playing days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wouldn't. He won't stay on strike. And we can't use that money to replace him.

He'll play ball come September, because he simply can't risk his world cup participation next summer. We have all the leverage. Whether FSG are smart enough to realise that is another question entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I'd say it will be Klopp who decides what happens and judging by what happened with Sahko, it's not looking good for Coutinho's future with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

How is the general manager of a club, Pep Segura, able to say to the media that they are close to signing Coutinho when LFC have categorically said they are not selling him.

Can he not be reported to UEFA for obviously agitating the situation between LFC and Coutinho?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd keep him and do a Sakho on him drop him down to Gerrard to train him with the kids for a few months.

Why?
    Our first team is already lacking in quality as it is but to boot him down to the u18 would be a waste.
    It's gone too late to search for adequate replacements & it's best to try use him when the window shuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Evidently we don't need the cash. Added to barca trying to control the transfer by telling us whether would be happy with. I gotta say I'd take the same stance as arsenal and Southampton and refuse to sell. Just because the player wants out? Screw them. Put them into the resies until they learn a bit of professionalism. If they refuse to play fine them. If they keep it up sue them for breach of contract. The court will here how the player is valued at 150 million and the club will receive the money directly from the plate. While stopping the transfer happening until the courts deal with it and void the contract.

Screw him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

dogbert27 wrote:
    Can he not be reported to UEFA for obviously agitating the situation between LFC and Coutinho?

I think the club should report them. Even if nothing comes of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Barca'a world is falling apart. Keep pushing the money up until the last day. Every time just say he's not for sale but we'll listen to your offer. Then reply with ah your way off before we'd even think about it. String them along.

Break them. After last night's result and Zidane's 7 trophies they're going to be all over the place.

Then if we sell we can build another stand and call it the Barcelona memorial terrace.

If they get the hump we still have Phil and he has a world cup to play in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Liverpool hold all the aces here. He signed a new contract only a couple of months ago and it's a World Cup year. He is staying put and he'll play as best he can to make sure he plays in the WC.

Give Gerrard some training as well on how to deal with players with big egos and who throw hissy fits something I'm sure he knows all about from his playing days.

Klopp doesn't seem overly great at this........... Sakho and now Coutinho acting up. It looks like the back injury is pure spoof and Klopp is telling the media Phil has a back injury when he's not wanting to play IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd keep him for the next five years tbh. He's unhappy, so what? None of us are happy. STFU and play football.

I'm happy!

What's the matter? Do you need to talk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

dogbert27 wrote: »
    How is the general manager of a club, Pep Segura, able to say to the media that they are close to signing Coutinho when LFC have categorically said they are not selling him.

I mean, its the same guy who worked for Liverpool for 3 years......you think he'd be a bit more respectful.......classless....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wondered if it was the same Pep Segura

I'm not sure Liverpool are best placed to accuse Braca of unsettling players given the annual raid on Southampton and the way Lovren, Lallana and VVD reacted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm not sure Liverpool are best placed to accuse Braca of unsettling players given the annual raid on Southampton and the way Lovren, Lallana and VVD reacted.

This is the way things work now, and have worked for a long time. If we're going to be reported for incidents, we should report other teams for similar incidents. The whataboutery can be left for drooling football fans to concern themselves with.

• Advertisement

They already unsettled the player, saying they are close to signing another clubs player when that club has categorically stated he is not for sale is really poor form.

I have no problem with them bidding on our players, its business, we can hold on to the player if we want, to speak about it publically though is classless IMO.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

dogbert27 wrote: »

Dortmund are mightily pissed off with Barca as well, based on last nights comments. They are now considering to categorically refuse any communication with Barca on that matter. Apparently Dortmund laid down the terms on which they would do Business 9 days ago, and haven't heard for heard a single word from Barca since then. So now coming out claiming the signing was close is according to Dortmund a mere fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why?
    Our first team is already lacking in quality as it is but to boot him down to the u18 would be a waste.
    It's gone too late to search for adequate replacements & it's best to try use him when the window shuts.

If he's going to be sold, a replacement is already being worked on.

LFC aren't idiots.

They've been working behind the scenes with weeks for a doomsday scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If he's going to be sold, a replacement is already being worked on.

LFC aren't idiots.

They've been working behind the scenes with weeks for a doomsday scenario.

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

i beg to differ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Which proves his point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Suarez picked up a knee injury too which has him in doubt for the season opener.

Yeah Barca, that's another 20 million on the asking price!

I think it's over 200 million at this stage!! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Someone on Reddit doing a Coulson.

enVCedb_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=high

I saw a Coutinho Barca shirt on twitter last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

http://www.goal.com/en/news/barca-taking-dirty-transfer-tactics-to-the-extreme-with-coutinho-/k6yr82q6qx4f18ecpq1wdz9un

100% agree with this article. Nothing wrong with being interested in a player, but from the very start Barcelona have shown no respect and hefty dose of arrogance in their pursuit of Coutinho. No club is "clean" when it comes to tapping up but Barca are taking it to the next level.

Work with a Barca fan who was claiming Coutinho was done weeks ago, based on what that mouthpiece rag El Mundo Deportivo was saying (also claimed that Neymar was definitely staying). The above article suggests exactly what I expected - that it's Barcelona putting out those stories in order to unsettle the players. Then all the English rags recycle the story and you've got yourself a transfer saga.

I hope the fans welcome back Coutinho because he's not the true villain in this piece, and he can still have a huge part to play at LFC, whether it's just for this season or til the end of his contract and beyond.

I obviously hope Coutinho doesn't go, but I hope they get knocked back by Dortmund too and Barca get their just desserts.

I saw a Coutinho Barca shirt on twitter last night.

Will look great alongside the Liverpool Mbappe one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

troll-football-chi-sadmit-itt-low-man-united-fans-are-9350232.png

Harsh, they could've had all those players if they wanted.

brevity wrote: »

If true and it seems to be then I'd have no problem with him, Howedes in with any RM midfielder who is surplus (or Goretzka) and sell Coutinho. That would actually be a good window and would set up the budget nicely for 2018

/runs................

Even if we got those in and Seri (the Echo rumours section have reports of a £20.5 million deal almost done- although it's probably bs.) I'd still keep Coutinho and use him as a bit part player while the others settle in.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Why not keep our best centre half, Sakho, and buy a feckin keeper.

Klopp will rue this bust up when hes sacked at Christmas.

Iirc Draxler turned Liverpool down in favour of PSG so that might not sit well with Klopp.

I think there won't be much movement in the transfer market until after the Hoffenheim game.

Luis21 wrote: »

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

You are seriously ignoring how infuriatingly stubborn Klopp is.

brevity wrote: »

I think there won't be much movement in the transfer market until after the Hoffenheim game.

Mmmm, should be plenty going on behind the scenes, a goal up and 2 away goals in the bag. Home leg to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Sakho is far from our best centre half.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »

Easily, and I mean easily, our 2nd best. Being our best CB is open for debate also.......not "far from" IMO.

doc_17 wrote: »

True. He's our 2nd best centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

If true and it seems to be then I'd have no problem with him, Howedes in with any RM midfielder who is surplus (or Goretzka) and sell Coutinho. That would actually be a good window and would set up the budget nicely for 2018

/runs................

Ricero will spontaneously combust if FSG have another "profitable" transfer window! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I totally agree with you about a goalkeeper. I think it's clearly the no. 1 position that Liverpool have to improve. You really don't know what your defense is like until you have a keeper they can trust and they clearly don't trust Mignolet at the moment.

Ricero will spontaneously combust if FSG have another "profitable" transfer window! :eek:

I doubt many others would be too impressed either though....especially when players are needed....

I still reckon ~£90m gets Keita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Would you be happy with FSG if they did?

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I still reckon ~£90m gets Keita.

I doubt we'll be back in for either VVD or Keita.

Augeo wrote: »
    Mmmm, should be plenty going on behind the scenes, a goal up and 2 away goals in the bag. Home leg to go.

I see your 2 away goals and home leg and raise you Lovren, Moreno in defence and a confused midfield.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

/runs................

Even if we sign another midfielder we need to keep Coutinho as we have no strength in depth, we probably need three more players, if Coutinho goes that's four signings. We will be lucky if we sign two so Coutinho stays. Any cb we sign will probably involve sakho going the other way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement