Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ederson in that picture looks like a lad who used to sell yokes outside a nightclub I went in the 90's down in west Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Who here said that Mané was a victim? (strange to use that term also if I'm being cynical)

Knex. wrote: »
    Its all the rage with people who opt for the aul faux outrage.

Can often be heard mixed in with other over-the-top phrases such as, "Reprehensible behaviour", "Disgusting", "Disgraceful", and the closing statement, "I hope you're proud of yourself".

You could actually play bingo to these types of people.

Outrageous, vehemently denounce it in the strongest possible terms or variants are favourites also...

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I
    I cant really blame Suarez heading to Barca but Can to Juventus makes fcuk all sense to me. Seria A is such an uncompetitive boring league and he will be playing to half empty stadiums more often than not. :

Well that's just a pile of ill informed horsecrap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Well that's just a pile of ill informed horsecrap.

I don't agree that a move to Juventus isn't attractive or prestigious, given they're competitive in the Champions League and their history (however stained with corruption), but Juventus have won the last 6 Scudetti on the bounce, and largely comfortably at that.

As for attendances... http://www.espn.co.uk/football/italian-serie-a/story/3027638/serie-a-attendances-continue-to-fall-but-juventus-and-milan-see-crowds-rise.

Serie A's average attendance is less than 2/3 that if the EPL. Hardly surprising, given any Italian will tell you over a drink that their game is rigged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

chupacabra wrote: »

Mane is the victim is he? 3 match ban not long enough imo, needs to be made an example of.

An example of for what. Mane had all eyes on the ball, he didn't deliberately set out to injure the guy.

skysports-sadio-mane-liverpool-man-city-ederson_4095916.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Went looking there to see when last the original "knex" logged in - that bastard who caused me to put in the full stop. They haven't made a post in nearly 9 years, but inexplicably logged in a month ago, so I can't even rob the name from them.

Might just opt for a haircut and go with "nex". That lad hasn't logged in since 2004, so fair game I say. Louis van Gaal's balls will always be an option on my radar though.

How long until they provide us with fluid usernames anyway? I want to be able to flipflop between a few, depending on my humour.

I could be Stupid Knexy Flanders when posting in AH, bang out a post or two as Knexi in the Laaaaaaaaaaaaadies Lounge, have a few quiet posts as Sir Paddy Knexsty in the Home Brewing forum, spend my Sundays as Stupid Eggball Touchdown Knex in the NFL forum, before coming back here as the original "Knex." for the usual madness.

I'm actually a ****ing visionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Boards was about to have him leave on a Bosman, but they called him onto the bench for a thread about immigration. Wasnt even used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Went looking there to see when last the original "knex" logged in - that bastard who caused me to put in the full stop. They haven't made a post in nearly 9 years, but inexplicably logged in a month ago, so I can't even rob the name from them.

Might just opt for a haircut and go with "nex". That lad hasn't logged in since 2004, so fair game I say.

Louis van Gaal's balls will always be an option on my radar though.

How long until they provide us with fluid usernames anyway? I want to be able to flipflop between a few, depending on my humour.

I could be Stupid Knexy Flanders when posting in AH, bang out a post or two as Knexi in the Laaaaaaaaaaaaadies Lounge, have a few quiet posts as Sir Paddy Knexsty in the Home Brewing forum, before coming back here as the original "Knex." for the usual madness.

I'm actually a ****ing visionary.

xXxKnexXx is the only way to go imo

brevity wrote: »

My Xbox Live name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Maybe we should all rereg. Then we won't know whose holding a grudge against who and who we should thank because they're in our click etc.
    Be great.
    I'm going with Owen Macott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Maybe we should all rereg. Then we won't know whose holding a grudge against who and who we should thank because they're in our click etc.
    Be great.

I bags Michael Hunt in that case - Although I'll probably just go with Mike for short

TAW did an analysis of results when a one of the top 6 goes down to 10 men against 11. They reckon most teams struggle badly when a man down.

9b3.png

sorry :o

........... is struggling badly letting in 4 more goals?

Be great.

Doesn't work if you tell us your rereg name, you numpty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

NukaCola wrote: »
    9b3.png

sorry :o
    :D

Sorry, didn't have time to expand on the post. It's more a response to lads giving out about the 'collapse' against city whereas the tweet shows that it's a common feature where teams go a man down against the top teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Are Barca still trying to influence Coutinho, telling him not to play. Some articles about such, they really think they rule the world if that's true.
    Hope he starts against Seville, will he, or is Klopp still looking for excuses not to field him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are Barca still trying to influence Coutinho, telling him not to play. Some articles about such, they really think they rule the world if that's true.
    Hope he starts against Seville, will he, or is Klopp still looking for excuses not to field him.

Cant see any more excuses now, he proved he was fit when he played for Ecuador.

Sh!t or get off the pot time.

https://twitter.com/jacklusby_/status/907560827800244229

Ben Woodburn has been included in Steven Gerrard's Liverpool U19s squad for the UEFA Youth League, according to UEFA. #LFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

rossie1977 wrote: »
    An example of for what. Mane had all eyes on the ball, he didn't deliberately set out to injure the guy.

skysports-sadio-mane-liverpool-man-city-ederson_4095916.jpg

Looking at this picture I can't believe we didn't score against this keeper.

I mean where are his instinctive reflexes to block yourself when something is coming at you, in particular your face!

Looks like he's just standing there waiting for it to happen. (I know it's a still and it was actually two players at full pace!)

Doesn't work if you tell us your rereg name, you numpty.

Screw you Knex, or I mean Knex., or shut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

brevity wrote: »

My Xbox Live name.
    You mean your KneXbox name?

Dickerty wrote: »
    You mean your KneXbox name?

That is... genius. Yes, Dickerty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tusky wrote: »
    Has anyone been disappointed with Salah's final ball/finishing? Great pace and positioning but rarely seems to do the right thing. Hopefully he's still finding his feet.

Seems to have a touch of Andy Cole about him.
    You can almost see the thought process going through his head at times, I hope as his confidence builds and pressure subsides he'll be pinging them in sub consciously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Presumably they'll cite the non sending off in the Swansea v Newcastle match

There was another in the West Ham v Huddersfield last night too.

• Advertisement

If Salah was better/more clinical at finishing he'd be an out and out striker and not a wide forward :)
    Can't fault the lad really and he might well improve a tad too.
    I've no doubt he'll go through purple spells also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Augeo wrote: »
    If Salah was better/more clinical at finishing he'd be an out and out striker and not a wide forward :)
    Can't fault the lad really and he might well improve a tad too.
    I've no doubt he'll go through purple spells also.

His pace and movement is very good but he could stand to improve his finishing, even as a wide player.

I reckon if Mané had gotten the chances that Salah got in the opening 25 minutes against City, he would have scored.

In the last two games, there has been a few incidents of Salah under-hitting the final ball or taking the easy option, allowing a keeper to easily defend against what is a great chance.

You're never going to score all of them, but I'm less confident of Salah in those positions than Mané or Firmino ATM.

Mané appeal rejected, he'll miss three games.

Burnley (H), Leicester (A) and Leicester (A).

That League Cup game came at a handy time and he'd likely have been rested then anyway so it's just two games.

Oxlade Chamberlain, Sturridge or maybe even Solanke to start in his absence so.

I'd go AOC in his position and keep everyone else as they are if possible.

Play Coutinho in CM instead of Can or Gini if he is fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

On the user names annoyance thing, when I was thinking of a plume of nom Harry Palmer sprung to mind but upon registration it turned out to have been taken. A quick check revealed said member has ZERO posts. ZERO, NULL, NIL a blank. His account was as dead as a Norwegian Blue :mad:

Mané appeal rejected, he'll miss three games...........

No surprise.

• Advertisement

If nothing else, this means Mané should be fit and firing for the Champions League game away to Spartak.

Also just noticed that our PL game after that (Newcastle away) isn't until the following Sunday. Plenty of time to recover from the long travel!

Two weeks off then before Man United (H), Maribor (A) and Spurs (A). What a week!

On the user names annoyance thing, when I was thinking of a plume of nom Harry Palmer sprung to mind but upon registration it turned out to have been taken. A quick check revealed said member has ZERO posts. ZERO, NULL, NIL a blank. His account was as dead as a Norwegian Blue :mad:
    I was flicking down through AH a while back and saw buford t justice has opened a thread and it took me a few seconds to realise it wasn't me that had opened it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was flicking down through AH a while back and saw buford t justice has opened a thread and it took me a few seconds to realise it wasn't me that had opened it:o

So you're NOT the alcoholic goat botherer from Booterstown who started a thread about how you'd like to see Joan Burton's arse in a sling?

That's a pity! :pac:

So you're NOT the alcoholic goat botherer from Booterstown who started a thread about how you'd like to see Joan Burton's arse in a sling?

That's a pity! :pac:
    Alt account.....ssssssshhhhhhhhh:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

3cfe69a086c4574c607dfaaa988e26fa--iron-throne-spoiler.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think you're the only one still talking about the transfer.

Running the risk of turning into the crystal ball and willing the transfer through so you can save face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'd have wanted Mané rested for the league cup game anyway TBH, but it's a shame he'll miss the league tie v Leicester.

Augeo wrote: »
    If Salah was better/more clinical at finishing he'd be an out and out striker and not a wide forward :)............

You're never going to score all of them, but I'm less confident of Salah in those positions than Mané or Firmino ATM.

Well to be fair Bobby is our #9, he's Klopp's idea of the "striker" he wants.
    And Mane scored the fastest hat trick in PL history so he's exceptional for a winger/wide forward to be fair.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On the username thing, a lad I know that supports utd, registered the username 6starpool before the CL final in Athens, just to annoy me. The fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

5starpool wrote: »
    On the username thing, a lad I know that supports utd, registered the username 6starpool before the CL final in Athens, just to annoy me. The fecker.

No harm, only about a century or two for him to wait until that username is relevant to his own team, provided they rename themselves. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Salah missed training today. Hopefully just working on his finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

paulie21 wrote: »
    Salah missed training today. Hopefully just working on his finishing

Sent home with illness, hopefully feeling well enough tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

5starpool wrote: »

Aaaaaahhh..I just got what your username means! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

mormank wrote: »

i thought he was a swimming pool reviewer all this time! :)

Nah, he's just resting. Gorgeous diction the Norwegian Blue.

Oh Mormank!

Ah for God sake, you absolute pudding mormank :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sent home with illness, hopefully feeling well enough tomorrow

Nothing serious. Sent him home to finish his breakfast apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mosstin wrote: »
    Nothing serious. Sent him home to finish his breakfast apparently.

Jaysus, he couldn't even finish that first time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus, he couldn't even finish that first time?

Damn you Grayditch, that was the joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Nah, he's just resting. Gorgeous diction the Norwegian Blue.

Oh Mormank!

In my defence I'm fairly certain I first came across 5starpool in the poker thread back in the day before I even knew this thread existed. I don't see how I could have made the connection then...and when I came across him here, well, I felt no need to think about it as he was just 5starpool from the poker thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement