Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sappy404 wrote:
    I still reckon ~£90m gets Keita.

Twice his price next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs proved you can score the most goals in the league and still concede the least goals. At 8-1 for league they're a great bet, personally I think they win the league before May.
    We have scored 25 goals in last 10 games, including preseason, while conceding 8. I expect now the games are competitive we will score less and concede more.
    I don't see the need for our full back to bomb forward, over 90 mins we will score a goal.
    Would love to see an old style back four like Arsenal had, where they stay in line for 90 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Luis21 wrote: »

Klopp will rue this bust up when hes sacked at Christmas.
    Sappy404 wrote: »
    You are seriously ignoring how infuriatingly stubborn Klopp is.

Indeed, Klopp will chain himself to his desk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    I see your 2 away goals and home leg and raise you Lovren, Moreno in defence and a confused midfield.

:)

Surely it should be 'I see your 2 away goals and home leg and raise you a confused defence and a confused midfield'

Or

'I see your 2 away goals and home leg and raise you Lovren, Moreno in defence and Henderson in midfield.'

sword1 wrote: »
    Even if we sign another midfielder we need to keep Coutinho as we have no strength in depth, we probably need three more players, if Coutinho goes that's four signings. We will be lucky if we sign two so Coutinho stays. Any cb we sign will probably involve sakho going the other way.

Can/Hendo/Goretzka/(RM player)
    Draxler/Wiji/Lallana

looks like an upgrade in strength to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

ERG89 wrote: »
    Twice his price next summer.

If he is the midfielder Klopp wants, I wouldn't care if we paid 3 times his next summer price.

This season, and all the progress we have made in the last year (getting back into CL etc) is hanging by a thread.

We know that there are 6 good teams for 4 CL spots, so unless we get our act together, we will miss out on CL for next season. Will Keita want to join us then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I saw a Coutinho Barca shirt on twitter last night.

That makes me not want to sell him more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Harsh, they could've had all those players if they wanted.
    Nah, they didn't want them anyway.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

brevity wrote: »
    I see your 2 away goals and home leg and raise you Lovren, Moreno in defence and a confused midfield.

:)

Nothing has changed they still have to come and score 2 goals which means they will be chasing the game.

Will it be comfy viewing? No it will not but you can hope Liverpool can exploit them chasing the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Sturridge should be available for Palace game and Coutinho and Clyne still out with back problems.

If it's back problems like the whole Liverpool team then it could be terminal:rolleyes:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/272310-lfc-injury-latest-sturridge-coutinho-and-clyne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Comments on Robertson were interesting. Looks like he doesn't wanna throw him in the deep end

Sturridge should be available for Palace game and Coutinho and Clyne still out with back problems.

If it's back problems like the whole Liverpool team then it could be terminal:rolleyes:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/272310-lfc-injury-latest-sturridge-coutinho-and-clyne

Available available or available if he doesn't have to kick a ball available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Available available or available if he doesn't have to kick a ball available?

Available to feel fatigue in the warm up.

Klopp on Coutinho ...........“Phil is not available; he is not training so far, so there is nothing new. It is always how it is with injured players, there is no real time on when he is back.”

& allegedly said this too.....https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/08/jurgen-klopp-reiterates-stance-philippe-coutinhos-liverpool-future/?utm_source=webpush&utm_medium=Campaign&utm_campaign=webpush.........“Phil not available, not in training so far, so nothing new,” Klopp said, referring to the back problem that hasn’t sounded particularly convincing.

Asked if it’s still a back problem, Klopp said: “I think so, nobody told me any different.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I love the way that the same people who criticize Lovren and Moreno are the same people who want sakho back in the side.

Do we forget The amount of mistakes h makes? I mean teams targeted him every game because he always passed it to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Mr.H wrote: »
    I love the way that the same people who criticize Lovren and Moreno are the same people who want sakho back in the side.

Do we forget The amount of mistakes h makes? I mean teams targeted him every game because he always passed it to them

Sahko is infinitely better than Lovren and Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You're being very selective.

I want Moreno and Lovren replaced. They are both poor but don't want Sakho back either.

He might be better than Lovren but his Crystal Palace goal celebration sealed it for me. The guy is clearly brainless and no doubt he tried Klopp's patience no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

It's not ideal but if we don't get a CB in then it makes sense, as he's still currently our 3rd best (arguably 2nd best) centre back.

This is what happens when you have super duper transfer windows like this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I seem to remember his pass completion rate being pretty high.

He tended to have a mad minute or two every now and then but apart from that his passing always seemed pretty decent.

Sakho's passing stats are very good, esp for someone who threads them over distance. About 90% completion.

2015/2016 Liverpool UEL 9(1) 824 - 0.4 58.8 89.3 - 2.7 - 7.25
    2015/2016 Liverpool EPL 21(1) 1855 - 0.2 56.5 87.9 - 3.1 - 7.07

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Not what people want at all. We only want Sakho back if we sign noone else at cb. He's better than Lovren. I think everyone would rather a new cb signed first and foremost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sakho would be a better DM than Henderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I like sakho as I think his quirky side is kinda refreshing. But he would have a couple of mad moments every single game. Don't get me wrong he allowed stand out performances but he was often our biggest worry at the back, and that was with Moreno in the team......

The while question if he could be our 2nd/3rd best center back...... yea the person he is up against is Lovren. Who by that definition could be our 2nd/3rd best center back.

I just think you can't want the other two gone and want him. back at the same time. All three have boyfriend faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thing about Sakho he can **** the bed on occasions but there is plenty of times after a match I've said he was outstanding today, I'm struggling to think have I ever said that about Lovren. When Sakho is good he is really good, when Lovren is good is just about competent.

Defence is stronger with him in it no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I just think you can't want the other two gone and want him. back at the same time. All three have boyfriend faults.

Nobody wants Lovren gone without a better replacement, that would be nuts. Similarly people wouldn't be saying to get Sakho back involved if we had bought a better CB such as VVD this window.

This is all just down to our failings in the transfer window.

Sakho would be a better DM than Henderson.

That would be an interest exercise. Alas one we'll never have the chance to see. You could imagine him finding players from all angles with just the odd pass to the opposition CM! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont really want him back in the side, but he is better than Lovren and if it was a choice between buying no CB and Sakho I'd have to go with Sakho. Ideally we'll get in a CB. Lovren as a backup would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Yawns wrote: »
    Not what people want at all. We only want Sakho back if we sign noone else at cb. He's better than Lovren. I think everyone would rather a new cb signed first and foremost.

No. I want Sakho back in the first XI now. Show me a better CB who is available. And this one is ours. Klopp needs to build a bridge, particularly now that our transfer efforts have been so unbelievably poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

F*ck Sakho. Nothing but a renegade. If he really wanted to get back in the team, or gave a sh*t about the club, do you think he'd have done the happy clappy with Benteke last year? He's consistently in danger of brain farts, both on and off the field. He didnt solve our problems at the back when he was in the team, didnt make us any stronger or more defensively sound than we are now, we were still sh*t at set pieces when he was in the team...Sell him and be done with it. I dont rate him as a defender and his bridges are burnt at the club for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I like sakho as I think his quirky side is kinda refreshing. But he would have a couple of mad moments every single game. Don't get me wrong he allowed stand out performances but he was often our biggest worry at the back, and that was with Moreno in the team......

The while question if he could be our 2nd/3rd best center back...... yea the person he is up against is Lovren. Who by that definition could be our 2nd/3rd best center back.

Boyfriend faults? Like, they're always losing their man?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I wonder how fit Sakho is after his injury? Obviously that's not the main reason he is out of the squad but I wonder how long it is before he is back up to speed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

rob316 wrote: »
    Thing about Sakho he can **** the bed on occasions but there is plenty of times after a match I've said he was outstanding today, I'm struggling to think have I ever said that about Lovren. When Sakho is good he is really good, when Lovren is good is just about competent.

Defence is stronger with him in it no question.

Did you say this after the CP game last year when he celebrated their goal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone think grujic will start on saturday ? I would drop henderson saturday and start him against the hoff on wednesday. Dont think hendos body is able for 3 games in 7 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ricero wrote: »
    Anyone think grujic will start on saturday ? I would drop henderson saturday and start him against the hoff on wednesday. Dont think hendos body is able for 3 games in 7 days
    If anybody replaces him then surely it's Milner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Definitely want to see us freshen up the team a little bit.

If fit I'd start Sturridge, if not I'd start Origi.
    Grujic in for Henderson or Wijnaldum
    Gomez in for TAA
    Milner in somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm over Sakho's goal celebration right now. Did not / still don't like it, but I'm pretty sure he thought he was gone. I'd absolutely love to know what went on so I could really make up my mind about the chap because he would be great to have back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Barca'a world is falling apart. Keep pushing the money up until the last day. Every time just say he's not for sale but we'll listen to your offer. Then reply with ah your way off before we'd even think about it. String them along.

Break them. After last night's result and Zidane's 7 trophies they're going to be all over the place.

Then if we sell we can build another stand and call it the Barcelona memorial terrace.

If they get the hump we still have Phil and he has a world cup to play in the summer.

I'd love to be the sole negotiator with the Baraca boys. Talking all around the houses while they fruitlessly attempt to bring the topic back to Phil as the window closes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

D'Agger wrote: »

Forgot milner can even play cm. Yea that would make more sense

TAA---Matip---Lovren---Moreno AKA the Keystone in front of the Kop(s)
    Can---Milner
    Wiji
    -Salah--Firmino--Mane

With Solanke, Grujic and Sturridge Roberston to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

D'Agger wrote: »

I'd agree normally but the second leg is more important.
    Klopp has some big calls to make for our first home game. I'd like Grujic and Woodburn to start if Milner is gonna be saved for a midfield start on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Morzadec wrote: »
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/barca-taking-dirty-transfer-tactics-to-the-extreme-with-coutinho-/k6yr82q6qx4f18ecpq1wdz9un

100% agree with this article. Nothing wrong with being interested in a player, but from the very start Barcelona have shown no respect and hefty dose of arrogance in their pursuit of Coutinho. No club is "clean" when it comes to tapping up but Barca are taking it to the next level.

Work with a Barca fan who was claiming Coutinho was done weeks ago, based on what that mouthpiece rag El Mundo Deportivo was saying (also claimed that Neymar was definitely staying). The above article suggests exactly what I expected - that it's Barcelona putting out those stories in order to unsettle the players. Then all the English rags recycle the story and you've got yourself a transfer saga.

I hope the fans welcome back Coutinho because he's not the true villain in this piece, and he can still have a huge part to play at LFC, whether it's just for this season or til the end of his contract and beyond.

I obviously hope Coutinho doesn't go, but I hope they get knocked back by Dortmund too and Barca get their just desserts.

The club should run a counter campaign of bluster. Lots of stories leaked to piss poor papers about how happy Phil is, poorly photoshopped pictures of him on a swing set at the local park, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If we can't get some bench players to step up to face Palace while we get ready for Hoffenheim then I don't know how we're gonna manage when it's City at the weekend and Juventus in midweek.

If we can't get some bench players to step up to face Palace while we get ready for Hoffenheim then I don't know how we're gonna manage when it's City at the weekend and Juventus in midweek.

But we'll have bought three more players by then! *cough* and Coutinho will be fit *cough cough* and Lallana as well and Clyne who should be sooner rather than alter.

The pitch looks fit for a picnic.

DHb6_GW5_W0_AE9_FYf.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

But we'll have bought three more players by then! *cough* and Coutinho will be fit *cough cough* and Lallana as well and Clyne who should be sooner rather than alter.

Amen brother :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

New respect for Dortmund's GM:

'I don't know why he said that. Barcelona is not one step closer to signing Dembele,' Watzke told Kicker on Thursday.
    'I can not explain what he is telling me. Maybe it's because Real played his team dizzy in the Super Cup.'
    'Nothing has advanced, not even by a millimetre.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

dogbert27 wrote: »
    New respect for Dortmund's GM:

'I don't know why he said that. Barcelona is not one step closer to signing Dembele,' Watzke told Kicker on Thursday.
    'I can not explain what he is telling me. Maybe it's because Real played his team dizzy in the Super Cup.'
    'Nothing has advanced, not even by a millimetre.'

The German "what are they smoking over there?"

We should offer BVB £90m for Dembele :)

Swap for Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we really should see what deal they wanted from barca and agree it for the craic, he prob wont come but be worth the drama :)

James Pearce‏ is saying this afternoon Liverpool won't sell Coutinho at any price.

Presser.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement