Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Don't think I can cope with a season of us having all our good attacking work undone by stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really need to beat Sevilla away to win this group now. We could be relying on a favour from Spartak otherwise. You really need to be topping your group to realistically go further than the last 16, not off to a great start considering how brilliantly we played for most of that.

Still though, undefeated record at match threads continues, and as it tradition...

hero_gatsbywide.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Need to win in Moscow followed by those 2 Maribor games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Played pretty well, deserved to win but with such a cack defence we're never gonna be out of the woods with a one goal lead. Salah has been immense since joining. Can't be expecting to score 3+ goals every game to win matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ragnar is now our goalkeeper according to Dunphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Klopp making a fuking fool of him self if ya have something to say say it off the camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Dunphy just said KLAVAN was poor in goal tonight, how do these prícks have a job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Being in the CL is a good way off highlighting Haaman is talking rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

What does Henderson do atm? Should milner be in?

We are a brilliant counter attacking team but can't sit deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We were excellent first half. We really bounced back from that inexcusable piece of bull**** from Lovren.

We were utterly appalling 2nd half.

We looked like a bunch of 14 year olds trying to impress some girls with big tits in the crowd.
    It was pure chaotic energetic premeture ejaculation football.

There was aboslutely no patience, no brains and no composure.

We had the game on a plate but we played like a shower of gob****es.
    At some point if you leave them at it Sevilla will have a chance in the game. We lost that game in the 2nd half and it wasn't because of our defending but it was because of total lack of composure in attack.
    We're supposed to be an attacking team - not just a shower of lunatics who run around until the other team gives up.

Still, a draw is grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Put Masterson in at CB for the League Cup.

Klopp out he is a spoofer Dunphy is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We wont win anything this season i feel. I reckon we will have the same season as last season. Next two windows are huge for klopps future at lfc. Money must be spent on the defence, no ifs or buts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    What does Henderson do atm? Should milner be in?

We are a brilliant counter attacking team but can't sit deep.

5/10 always seems to pass the ball just slightly behind where he should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dunphy just said KLAVAN was poor in goal tonight, how do these prícks have a job?

It's grand, not like their massive, underserved salaries are coming out of our pocke.....oh.....never mind.

You're loving this eh? Rather be proven right than see the team win?

I'm not glad to be right but you need to be called out on your cherry picked stats to imply we'll be fine in defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Klopp out he is a spoofer Dunphy is deadly.

So, what do you think he's going to do to resolve the long-standing issues that he hasn't done in the last two years?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

He gets caught out in possession, makes stupid mistakes and never catches a cross either so easy mistake to make....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Utter madness Klopp has put his faith in Lovreno for the season. Utter madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Fuking crowd haven't a clue either roaring for the keeper to go long to two big centre halves Jesus get the ball down and play football ignore the crowd we have more chance of scoring playing from the back than hoofing it long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Still very worrying having Matip and Loveren as the main CBs at the club but at least Matip can take the ball out of defence and get into the stepover zone and have some composure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Damn match thread is a farce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Henderson is completely inneffective.

Pains me to say it but he is a poor mans Carrick. At least Carrick could sideways pass the ball in front of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm tired of it always being so fúcking frantic.

We played well in attack without being clinical. But there really is no reason to play every minute of every game at 100 miles an hour.

When everything is that fast all the time, meaning the ball is turned over a ridiculous amount of times, the law of averages suggests that you're going to give chances away.

Henderson, Lovren, Moreno, Gini. All particularly guilty of just not being able to calm the fúck down in possession. You don't have to whack it forward first time. You don't have to sprint forward the minute you have the ball. Take it easy. Manipulate the pace of the game. Change gears every so often.

It's particularly stupid when you must know your weakness is at the back, so surely the priority should be to give the opposition as few opportunities to attack as possible.

We utterly threw that game away, and we probably should've lost with that Muriel chance.

Keita wasnt in the Red Bull squad still not cup tied :P

Better not be injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Nearly forgot we missed a pen in the game until now.

Players switched off at the throw in. Criminal.

magma69 wrote: »
    I'm not glad to be right but you need to be called out on your cherry picked stats to imply we'll be fine in defence.

Sorry I'll be sure to check in with you next time I post a fact.

Klopp's failure to address the defence in the January window cost Liverpool a title challenge. It's irresponsible as a manager to have done the same in the summer and wasted the chance to fix things.

There's no one in the middle to control things or set the tempo either. It's either all out attack or calamity defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

NukaCola wrote: »
    Remember....Klopp said you'll struggle to name 5 better CB's than those two.....madness but sure what can you do now at this stage.....

He said you'd struggle to name 5 better CBs that are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Matips form becoming a real worry.

Was good in bringing the ball out of defence but poor defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

2 mistakes cost us , nothing more,first goal,peno miss,we were far better then them,it will be the story of our season,tough to take when you have two plonkers playing cb,and I know he tried to replace one of them but come on klopp..this is on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

MD1990 wrote: »

He's Baresi compared to the rest of them back there.

Sorry I'll be sure to check in with you next time I post a fact.

We've scored 16 goals in 7 matches. Gonna be awesome this season.

The more I see that goal, the worse it gets. Lovren is such a poor player, wouldn't get into any of the other top six Premier League sides.
    Klopp's failure to address the defence in the January window cost Liverpool a title challenge. It's irresponsible as a manager to have done the same in the summer and wasted the chance to fix things.

There's no one in the middle to control things or set the tempo either. It's either all out attack or calamity defending.
    Clueless at the back. Not one Liverpool defender would get a game for any of the the other top six.
    This team is going nowhere and won't win a thing until the manager addresses the awful defence he has. It'll be another scrap to reach fourth place.

And that's just in the past 2 hours :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He said you'd struggle to name 5 better CBs that are available.

No difference. We apparently were willing to spend approx 50M for Van Dyke......I'm sure we could have brought in someone better than what we have for that money.

magma69 wrote: »
    We've scored 16 goals in 7 matches. Gonna be awesome this season.

Look I know you've been waiting a while to get back to me on my post, considering the one you quoted is now two weeks old, but can you just let it go?

MD1990 wrote: »

Half the problem is that every defender thinks they're a winger. Always getting caught out of position, halfway up the pitch and more focused on getting involved with the forwards than making sure they're set positionally in case things break down. That comes from the training ground and the managers instructions.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Henderson, Lovren, Moreno, Gini. All particularly guilty of just not being able to calm the fúck down in possession. You don't have to whack it forward first time. You don't have to sprint forward the minute you have the ball. Take it easy. Manipulate the pace of the game. Change gears every so often.

When the whole team just boots it forward you have to start looking at the manager.

The idea seems to be to create chaos and keep the ball in the areas in which our press is most effective.

That's not the biggest issue for me.
    The problem is when we got the ball down and got our heads up we still forced everything second half.

I don't know where all that pressure was coming from. We were far more composed and made much better decisions first half.
    It's a chronic problem with this team.
    Maybe it's the personnel, or maybe if you have a team that runs around like lunatics, they can't just switch the lunacy off when they get into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Everything is fine, one of those days will qualify with games to spare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Liverpool have no chill.

No one in the squad is experienced enough to control the game and be patient. Liverpool were in the lead, take your time, build up the pressure and try and get the third if the option presents itself.

• Advertisement

Henderson was more Hollywood than ever today. I can appreciate his effort in trying to get the ball forward quickly, but he spent most of the game lashing it back to the opposition under no pressure, with no particular pass in mind. Outside of Lovren he was easily our worst player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

2 mistakes cost us , nothing more,first goal,peno miss,we were far better then them,it will be the story of our season,tough to take when you have two plonkers playing cb,and I know he tried to replace one of them but come on klopp..this is on you.

Two errors shouldn't distract from the lack of pragmatism, someone needed to put their foot on the ball at about the 60 minute mark and change the tempo - alas the man best placed to do that was still on the bench. Klopp needs to stop setting the team up like a bunch of over-wound clockwork racing cars and learn to control pace and space. Let the other lot do all the running about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Liverpool you're punching well, but you need to put your gloves up. Jesus... Put your gloves up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I don't think the players are the issue with the defence, it's the manager. Train them how to defend FFS, or get someone in who can

Grayditch wrote: »
    Liverpool you're punching well, but you need to put your gloves up. Jesus... Put your gloves up.

We're not punching well.

We're throwing wild haymakers.

Also whoever it was earlier that was asking why we're not really using the match thread, check it now to find out :p

Also whoever it was earlier that was asking why we're not really using the match thread, check it now to find out :p

The primary (and extremely important) function of match threads is to absorb the ****e posted by wind up merchant gobsites who support other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

I thought Henerson was appalling tonight. The amount of times he gave the ball away in the last 20 minutes was infuriating.

And don't get me started on that absolute clown Lovren...

2 draws in the group today, everyone on 1 point, as if the fixtures never even happened.

• Advertisement

Henderson is killing us in midfield in this role and that does nothing to protect the defence which is a jittery as sh1t without having a bad Hollywood passing player in front of them.

Keeping with the Hollywood theme Lovren thinks he is De Niro in Raging Bull when in fact he is De Niro in The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement