Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

2 draws in the group today, everyone on 1 point, as if the fixtures never even happened.

Deep, brah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pity about the sending off but i thought gomez had a good game tonight. Would start him ahead of trent on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gomez was great, disappointed to see him sent off, not sure what for as RTE never showed the incident. Their right back, Mercado, should've been off after a blatant obstruction on Mane while already on a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gomez was great, disappointed to see him sent off, not sure what for as RTE never showed the incident. Their right back, Mercado, should've been off after a blatant obstruction on Mane while already on a yellow.

Moreno had a similar challenge over looked......was a bit unnecessary for the ref to send him off Gomez at that point unless it was something blatant....didn't see a replay either though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Henderson was more Hollywood than ever today. I can appreciate his effort in trying to get the ball forward quickly, but he spent most of the game lashing it back to the opposition under no pressure, with no particular pass in mind. Outside of Lovren he was easily our worst player.

I thought he was our best midfielder tonight. Always in the game, getting tackles in making passes, hunting down the opposition. Wijnaldum and Can tired second half but Hendo kept going till the end.
    Can chickened out of a tackle in the lead up to the first goal, and tuned to the ref looking for a free...then for the second he's picking up no one, strolling back into position. Yet once again, Henderson is the scapegoat on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No point having at go at Henderson tonight just for the sake of it as many here like to do. He did not cost us any goals.

The issue is defence. Particularly Lovren and Moreno. Two brainless players who should not be anywhere near the first eleven.

Until these are improved upon and defensive tactics change then we're always likely to give away stupid goals and undo the great work going forward.

Watford, City and Seville have shown that this young season so far. There are even more examples from last season. Milner or Robertson should replace Moreno and it looks like we're stuck with Klavan or Lovren until January.

I fear for our season if Klopp does not realise this.

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I thought he was our best midfielder tonight. Always in the game, getting tackles in making passes, hunting down the opposition. Wijnaldum and Can tired second half but Hendo get going till the end.
    Can chickened out of a tackle in the lead up to the first goal, and tuned to the ref looking for a free...then for the second he's picking up no one, strolling back into position. Yet once again, Henderson is the scapegoat on here.

Scapegoat? I didn't make up the fact that every time the ball fell to his feet he just lashed at it and it ended up back in Sevilla's defence, he showed absolutely no composure, especially considering he's wearing the armband. When we were 2-1 up he needed to take the ball down and relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Henderson can be so fcuking rubbish it's infuriating, Hollywood balls going nowhere, short passes hit too hard and simple passes behind the runner or nowhere near the target. Offered nothing tonight, passenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

must have been watching different games lads. missed the part where henderson hoofed every ball to the opposition. thought that was karius.

I assumed he got a second dragging back the sevilla lad just before he missed that late chance.

• Advertisement

Coutinho was very much off the pace tonight i thought when he came in. Was tough on him i suppose being so late in the game.

Would start him on Saturday and bring in the ox for mane from the start. Also hope to see Robertson again and Gomez to stay at Rb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    No point having at go at Henderson tonight just for the sake of it as many here like to do. He did not cost us any goals.

The issue is defence. Particularly Lovren and Moreno. Two brainless players who should not be anywhere near the first eleven.

Until these are improved upon and defensive tactics change then we're always likely to give away stupid goals and undo the great work going forward.

Watford, City and Seville have shown that this young season so far. There are even more examples from last season. Milner or Robertson should replace Moreno and it looks like we're stuck with Klavan or Lovren until January.

Didn't you have a go at Lovren after the City match when he cost us no goals? Henderson is an issue whether you want to criticise him or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

In the list of priorities Henderson is far from the top. People say we concede because of the system, and that is true to a certain extent, but we conceded the first because Lovren cant kick a ball. He switched off at a vital moment, yet again......he is awful and I am sick of the sight of him, and his replacement is worse which is almost funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Nothing really has changed in the group, always needed to win in Moscow still the same and pick up at least a point in Spain. You would hope that Liverpool can win their 2 back to back games V Maribor while the other 2 take points odd each other

NukaCola wrote: »
    In the list of priorities Henderson is far from the top. People say we concede because of the system, and that is true to a certain extent, but we conceded the first because Lovren cant kick a ball. He switched off at a vital moment, yet again......he is awful and I am sick of the sight of him, and his replacement is worse which is almost funny.

Agreed, Henderson can wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait Lovren cost us the first goal?

But all the pundits on RTE are blaming Moreno.

I don't know who to believe now!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Didn't you have a go at Lovren after the City match when he cost us no goals? Henderson is an issue whether you want to criticise him or not.

No: I said he was dropped from the squad on the day as Klopp knows he's not good enough. You always like to twist things out of context.

Henderson did not cost us any goals tonight and that is our biggest issue at the moment. Defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lovern missing it and Moreno poor defending leaving the player on his own in the box

Moreno should have been in a position to stop it.

Still Lovren primarily at fault.

Basically enough.

They said Lovren made the mistake but Moreno should have provided cover after.

Look at how Moreno let Yedder get to the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

NukaCola wrote: »

I f*ckin hate Dejan Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What's happening with Robinson. Why wasn't he played.

Starting to think Klopp is guessing what's going on, and it's costing us.

A proper defence and we would be in some shape.

ebbsy wrote: »

i think a defence of gomez((until clyne returns) matip lovren (still would have lovren over klavan) and robertson would have us way more solid at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ebbsy wrote: »

I'd even say forget about Robertson why isn't Milner playing he didn't do anything wrong to be dropped in the first place.

I just get the feeling Klopp is trying to hard to keep his weaker players happy by playing them.

Our problem is all our weaker players are bloody defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Think I'm gonna have to stop watching games when Lovren plays...5 year old told me to stop swearing at the tv because I was scaring her. Truth be told I was scaring myself...there was some very inventive swearing going on.

Think I'm gonna have to stop watching games when Lovren plays...5 year old told me to stop swearing at the tv because I was scaring her. Truth be told I was scaring myself...there was some very inventive swearing going on.

social services will be around in the morning :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Henderson was more Hollywood than ever today. I can appreciate his effort in trying to get the ball forward quickly, but he spent most of the game lashing it back to the opposition under no pressure, with no particular pass in mind. Outside of Lovren he was easily our worst player.

Is it still Gerard's fault😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Can gets away with murder in comparison to Henderson on here. I like Can but he was terrible for the first goal and never picked up his man for the second. If it was Henderson that done that they'd be screaming blue murder on here.

Ultimately our style of play is so frantic and based on constant attack that no one man can cover that entire defence. Especially if our full-backs are up near half-way.

Can gets away with murder in comparison to Henderson on here. I like Can but he was terrible for the first goal and never picked up his man for the second. If it was Henderson that done that they'd be screaming blue murder on here.

So true thought he was poor tonight as was gini

• Advertisement

All of Henderson's passes tonight, pretty much ever long forward ball failed.

DJoeaIWWsAAQhlI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

RTE were so weird in their analysis tonight. They focused everything on blaming Moreno who actually had one of his better games this evening. Granted he's a disaster waiting to happen but they barely mentioned the bigger culprits for the first goal, Can and especially Lovren. Can just let the Sevilla player stroll past him and Lovren completely missed the most basic of clearances. Sure Moreno could have been around on the cover but the damage was already done before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ultimately our style of play is so frantic and based on constant attack that no one man can cover that entire defence. Especially if our full-backs are up near half-way.

Thought he was leggy/slow to get moving on a couple of occasions tonight. Its actually something that you see with him a lot, but once he gets going he has good recovery speed, and the pace at which our games are played at, he doesn't get caught out too much with it.

But at times he doesn't keep his feet light and seems planted and is then playing catch up trying to get to where he should be. He runs in mud the first step or two always, so I do wish he was that little bit sharper in knowing where he should be, or reacting to the game around him.

Its a small thing though.

RTE were so weird in their analysis tonight. They focused everything on blaming Moreno who actually had one of his better games this evening. Granted he's a disaster waiting to happen but they barely mentioned the bigger culprits for the first goal, Can and especially Lovren.

Their analysis is akin to the lads talking down at the pub, they just talk enough to fill the time and then collect their pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

This but unless they here it from a pundit getting paid to spout tripe the numptys won't see it

redzerdrog wrote: »
    This but unless they here it from a pundit getting paid to spout tripe the numptys won't see it

If you've got a problem with Can then post about it but don't whinge about other people on here not talking about who you want them to talk about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If you've got a problem with Can then post about it but don't whinge about other people on here not talking about who you want them to talk about

No problem with Can he had an off game against very good opposition. **** happens but it's likely either henderson, moreno and karius fault had an off game!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

murpho999 wrote: »

ricero wrote: »
    i think a defence of gomez((until clyne returns) matip lovren (still would have lovren over klavan) and robertson would have us way more solid at the back.

Gomez is not a FB for me and with our problems at CB that's where I'd play him. However I'd play him at RB before TAA against tough opposition.
    I'd even say forget about Robertson why isn't Milner playing he didn't do anything wrong to be dropped in the first place.

I just get the feeling Klopp is trying to hard to keep his weaker players happy by playing them.

Our problem is all our weaker players are bloody defenders.

I'm trying to figure Klopp out too wrt keeping defenders happy/confident and I agree with you but dismissing Milner as a defensive option and favouring Ox as first mid sub option and dropping Mignolet would suggest otherwise.

Ha. I did most of my swearing from the moment Bobby hit the post!
    That was an awful last 20 minutes. Gbear summed it upwell for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

just seen game now cos i recorded it,i agree with Didi Hamann,this team is going nowhere,ive had enough of Lovren and Moreno , Klopp is either blind or stupid I don't know which

I f*ckin hate Dejan Lovren.

Do you hate Klopp for playing him? Because blame has to go to the manager for this defence,klopp is getting away with fcuking murder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Honestly, I'd have Gomez starting at RB every week. He's shown a lot more than TAA. Whilst TAA may very well go on to be the better player, and is more in line with your modern full back, Gomez is just that more developed than he is.

He's by far the better defender, is that bit more physically mature than TAA, and is still decent enough when we're on the ball. He's athletic and is comfortable enough with the ball at his feet. I really hope that he can ultimately make the transition to CB for us, because he has all the talent and capability in the world to be a great one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

shamrock55 wrote: »
    just seen game now cos i recorded it,i agree with Didi Hamann,this team is going nowhere,ive had enough of Lovren and Moreno , Klopp is either blind or stupid I don't know which

So what you have done there is, you are literally a robot that digests what tv feeds you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Can was utter sh1te tonight. His body movement was just completely off. There were a few times where he just seemed to run at half speed back to intercept balls going to an opposition forward. Complete joke.

What ever about Moreno. He played some amazing attacking stuff tonight and created a few great chances. For me Can and Lovren were to blame for tonight. Lovren ok was caught out of position but Can should didnt look like he was even trying to defend from midfield. Wjini and Hendo made some great tackles but Can was a disgrace. He needs to be dropped after tonight.

Maybe he is too busy thinking about contract stuff. Maybe he needs to be taken away from the spotlight for a bit. I dont know the reason and I dont care. Other players will come in and give a lot more effort than he did tonight.

monkey9 wrote: »
    So what you have done there is, you are literally a robot that digests what tv feeds you.

Last time i checked Didi Hamann is a human being and former player of Liverpool not a TV,you probably know better then him though right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nearly forgot we missed a pen in the game until now.

Players switched off at the throw in. Criminal.

I see what youve done there.

But the hurling season is over now, we need to move on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Serious amount of unjustified negativity surrounding Klopp. Liverpool have had the toughest run of league fixtures of the big 6, and still only three points off the top. Game last weekend was in the balance until a red card. Should have won tonight game, missed a pen to probably put you out of sight.

Still looking lethal as an attacking force, I'd be confident they'll outscore the majority this season and finish comfortable top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Last time i checked Didi Hamann is a human being and former player of Liverpool not a TV,you probably know better then him though right

So how do you decide which one knows better when former players and "experts" have opposing views??

This is a lazy argument that a former player/pundit says it so they automatically know better.

I respect Didi and his views and opinions. But he is not infallible. He was also not right that Moreno was to blame for either goal. It was Lovren who missed a simple kick for the first and Lovren who let his man get away from him for the second. It was also Can who did absolutely fu&k all tonight. In fact Moreno was one of the best players on the pitch tonight and had a great game.

Do I think that Didi is full of it? No of course not. But I dont agree with him and I dont agree with you. But you know what thats ok. I have no ill feelings towards you and for what its worth I dont give two craps who you blame for tonight because the result stays the same.

It doesnt matter what either of us, or Didi for a fact, thinks! Its what Klopp thinks that matters. Only he can change the team and influence them. Its his job and he is paid enough to do it.

I think we will still get out of the group. The other draw tonight in the group was a great result for us. Keep the Russians out of the run for a top 2 spot. If and thats a big IF, we can pick up a win in the next game we should have an easy run in the group. It doesnt matter first or second. We just need to get out of the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Didi is a shambles of a person who's in massive debt due to losing enormous amounts of money on having very poor opinions on football outcomes. It's why he does every TV show going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Didi is a shambles of a person who's in massive debt due to losing enormous amounts of money on having very poor opinions on football outcomes. It's why he does every TV show going.

This is a bit uncalled for, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

monkey9 wrote: »

No he's not. Do you know what "literally" means?

Didi seems to have gone a bit over the top on his criticism of klopp in the past 12 months. Could be that it stems from.the rumours that klopp snubbed him for a coaching role at the club

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement