Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Find it mad that the club are not in for quality players like costa or draxler especially as both are availible for sale. Love to have a nasty bastard in the side like costa

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

ricero wrote: »
    Find it mad that the club are not in for quality players like costa or draxler especially as both are availible for sale. Love to have a nasty bastard in the side like costa

Costa want to go to Athletic and thats the only place he wants to go, he said the club have tried to sell him in china, Europe and England but he want to go where his heart belongs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Costa want to go to Athletic and thats the only place he wants to go, he said the club have tried to sell him in china, Europe and England but he want to go where his heart belongs.

Yeah said it's only Ateltico for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Edit: Changed this as it's bad taste as it's now a very serious incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Yeah said it's only Ateltico for him.

Well that backfired, push costa to leave expecting a big transfer fee from China and he refused to go there, Liverpool are not the only club who handle things badly at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

jonnycivic wrote: »

Got to admire him for that in a way. Him and Simeone could be father and son.

Draxler would be a perfect fit for Liverpool but he only signed for PSG six months ago and I'm not sure I believe the paper talk about him being for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is Keita deal back on.
    The reality is hitting RB that window is shutting and they are about to lose 40m .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Keita is training by himself and rumors are growing in Germany that he will depart before the transfer window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Is it weird that Klopp has no contact with Coutinho, that he does not see him and talk to him everyday. Klopp seems to be treating Klopp like Sakho now.
    So what if he is injured and not in training, he's still coming in everyday and working on fitness, and Klopp should be getting direct updates from Coutinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We're f*cked if Klopp starts treating Klopp like Sakho.

Klopp will probably celebrate with Klopp when Palace score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Is it weird that Klopp has no contact with Coutinho, that he does not see him and talk to him everyday. Klopp seems to be treating Klopp like Sakho now.
    So what if he is injured and not in training, he's still coming in everyday and working on fitness, and Klopp should be getting direct updates from Coutinho.

What updates should Klopp be getting from Coutinho??

Liverpool control the situation, not Coutinho.

Is Keita deal back on.
    The reality is hitting RB that window is shutting and they are about to lose 40m .
    Do they need the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Turtyturd wrote:

Sorry, but what?

Keita is training by himself and rumors are growing in Germany that he will depart before the transfer window closes.

Can't find anything to see that he's training by himself

Turtyturd wrote: »

ERG89 wrote: »
    Sorry, but what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just for a moment there I thought Turty had gone full BorneTobeWilde

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Can't find anything to see that he's training by himself

I see some journalist had it up, was seen running on his own I think, he might have been late for a bus.

Edit sports illustrated

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-chief-admits-signing-coutinho-13492603

Looks like the language barrier between the the two clubs has been overcome and Barca are starting to get the message.

sword1 wrote: »
    I see some journalist had it up, was seen running on his own I think, he might have been late for a bus.

Edit sports illustrated

There was a thread over on Reddit saying Bild had reported it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-chief-admits-signing-coutinho-13492603

Looks like the language barrier between the the two clubs has been overcome and Barca are starting to get the message.

That bollocks used to run our academy.

• Advertisement

Is mane injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is mane injured?

No?

Why do you think that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »
    That bollocks used to run our academy.

Did he get the sack?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

I don't think so , I see it as Klopp just being pragmatic and leaving room for a good relationship should Coutinho stay.

Do people think Phil is injured?
    I'd be really surprised if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Augeo wrote: »

Shouldn't think anyone does at this stage but can't see as there is anything to be gained by calling him out on it. Not making it personal would help in it being forgotten, imo.

Edit: sorry, I see that's what you implied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Augeo wrote: »

easier putting him back into the team saying he's injured than saying he's refusing to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

corwill wrote: »
    Did he get the sack?

He quit

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-segura-quits-liverpool-fcs-3337673

Pretty sure himself and Rodolfo Borrell (now at City) were brought in by Rafa to get the Academy to run in a similar fashion to La Masia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane didn't train today apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mane didn't train today apparently

You're the second person to say this. Which is making me nervous.

Sauce?

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Sauce?

Boards.ie for me, the Fantasy Football forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Vicxas wrote: »

Sauce?

Nah I doubt he was on the sauce. Fun Bobby maybe, but not Mane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is mane injured?

ah we be grand with all our squad depth

Mr Sturridge has been declared fit so all is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mr Sturridge has been declared fit so all is good.

Please stop calling him Mr. Sturridge, it's wrecking my head seeing it constantly.

He is the only player we have in the squad who can pass the ball at pace through the lines that alone should have him in the starting line up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Please stop calling him Mr. Sturridge, it's wrecking my head seeing it constantly.

It's almost as funny as the incessant use of 'the Rodgers' which was also flogged to death at every opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Charlie Adams

• Advertisement

Agree with Aldo...Cissokho should be brought back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Agree with Aldo..

Not something that gets said too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just when you're feeling a bit low and the pressure is starting to pile on, someone comes up with a gem like this and the pressure just disappears and you remember why you love this thread:)

Not something that gets said too often.

Yep, he's like the paper version of posters who cry no matter what the club do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If Sakho is the answer then we are asking the wrong question!

redzerdrog wrote: »
    If Sakho is the answer then we are asking the wrong question!
    I'm a big fan of Sakho but the lad has burned his bridges with me. There seems to be a lot of unease by Klopp regarding his dedication to the team and I would doubt we will see him again in a Liverpool shirt unless it's a cup game or a very severe injury crisis.

There is still loads of time for deals to get done and a lot more chatter about every club getting deals started in the last day or two. I expect a cascade of deals to start fairly soon, it's been too quiet with the last few days.

I still expect Keita and VVD to get sorted before the end of the window and am half expecting Coutinho to leave as well, tbh.

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of Sakho but the lad has burned his bridges with me. There seems to be a lot of unease by Klopp regarding his dedication to the team and I would doubt we will see him again in a Liverpool shirt unless it's a cup game or a very severe injury crisis.

There is still loads of time for deals to get done and a lot more chatter about every club getting deals started in the last day or two. I expect a cascade of deals to start fairly soon, it's been too quiet with the last few days.

I still expect Keita and VVD to get sorted before the end of the window and am half expecting Coutinho to leave as well, tbh.
    Ha, the kiss of death:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/898228416671084544

Alternatives to Naby Keïta, of RB Leipzig, are being considered. (Paul Joyce)

Negative_G wrote: »
    It's almost as funny as the incessant use of 'the Rodgers' which was also flogged to death at every opportunity.

I still see that on here frequently enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Sky stating deal done for Dembele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Sky stating deal done for Dembele

Will he replace firmino?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Paul Merson about to debate Liverpool and Coutinho on Sky now.

Should be good!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement