Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Ward
    TAA, gomez, Lovren (is he fit), Robertson
    Milner, grujic, ox
    Ings, solanke, Woodburn

If right I am claiming to be itk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm thinking it'll be this team:
    Ward
    Flanagan-Gomez-Klavan-Robertson
    Grujic-Wijnaldum-Ox
    Woodburn
    Ings-Solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

_____Ward___

___Gomez_ Klavan
    ______Milner_____
    _Ox__________Grujiccc
    _____Woody________
    __Sturridge__Ings_____

Flan__________Robertson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭doc_17

It would be great to see Flanagan get a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

doc_17 wrote: »
    It would be great to see Flanagan get a start.

He's not good enough imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Augeo wrote: »
    3 of our back 4 making mistakes is perhaps indicative that they aren't comfortable in their roles or are not sure what to do / where they should be.... something that coaching should/could address.

The full backs are largely absent with leave defensively. The CBs do get up the pitch too, very frequently.

Some good points, but the thing is, these guys face one of the top flights most formidable attacking sides every day in training. You'd think they'd pick up a thing or two about defending from that experience?
    Unless they just play as an attacking side only and play against traffic cones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

oh the irony after all their comments about a certain ex Liverpool player the Kick it out campaign have written to Man Utd asking to ban a racist song being song by their fans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don't think anyone still considers Flanagan an option at this stage (if they did at all), the window is closed so can't justify starting him to put him in the shop window. Do TAA or Gomez need to rested already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Ward
    TAA, gomez, Lovren (is he fit), Robertson
    Milner, grujic, ox
    Ings, solanke, Woodburn

If right I am claiming to be itk

I think it would be harsh on Gomez to have to start with Lovren. Id start Matip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

oh the irony after all their comments about a certain ex Liverpool player the Kick it out campaign have written to Man Utd asking to ban a racist song being song by their fans :pac:

It's a term of endearment in Manchester.

;)

It's crass.

It's incredibly cringe worthy.

But is it racist?

Possibly, it certainly feeds into the stereotype that men of colour are well endowed in the trouser department and most stereotypes are "ist" in some form or another. It isn't however any way malicious which is what actual racism is.

What ever it is I hope it's knocked on the head sharpish anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's less racist than the park ji sung song anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Just googled it..
    Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'It's not racism when our team's involved.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They never sang that song about Scholes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It doesn't seem so long ago that Dion Dublin used to have his rumoured endowment brought up with him for the 'bantz' during TV interviews. Iirc, he used to find it deeply irritating. The 'bantz', that is. Which is a credit to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

eyerer wrote: »
    Just googled it..
    Lol

What should I put into 'search' ?

I did Man utd racist chant. One of the news articles had a video of it being sung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Reddy on why Can hasn't signed a new deal.
    It is understood that the representatives of the Germany international - who would command a substantial signing-on bonus and package as a free agent - have requested that he be placed in the highest bracket of earners at the club. Conversely, though, they have pushed for a release figure that is well below his market value and doesn’t correlate to the wages being sought.
    Liverpool would be willing to agree a lower release amount that couldn't be triggered by their domestic rivals and would not immediately apply, if Can's wage demands decreased.
    Alternatively, they would make him a top earner if the escape figure could be closer to his actual value.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-juventus-target-emre-can-hasnt-signed-a-new-liverpool/jy8qy7f7skva1rdyqnlwyo3t9

Seems all very reasonable from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    Reddy on why Can hasn't signed a new deal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-juventus-target-emre-can-hasnt-signed-a-new-liverpool/jy8qy7f7skva1rdyqnlwyo3t9

Seems all very reasonable from the club.

He can't have it both ways. Seems like he's not pushed whether he stays or goes and, with Klopp, that usually means he'll be let go.

And not the best from Can.

• Advertisement

Lfc just paid £40m for oxy cham'.

Unless melissa or an other quantify what wages & release clause Can &the club want I don't think anyone can claim either side are being reasonable.

If for example we gave him top wages of circa £150k a week & a £40m release clause is that reasonable considering he'll be leaving for free next Summer (or in 33 premier league matches) as things stand.
    I reckon the club and most fans would say that's a loony low release clause but we haven't paid much more securing Keita iirc.

He cost us next to nothing too.

Unless he wants a release clause less than £40m ...

What does the club mean by closer to his actual value? £80m ish?

Too much unquantified figures for a meaningful debate when looking in from our viewpoint IMO

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It may not be the case, bit it does sound solvable though, and him leaving is not a done deal essentially as some claim. We'll find out in due course anyhow. If he gives full effort and leaves on a free next summer I won't feel he has done anything wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We were awful on Sat,having said that I couldn't give the reasons why because the litre of Jager bombs I had before the game blurred my judgement and vision somewhat, atmosphere was pretty bad at anfield again though,i was in the kop I may as well have been outside

Glorious. Rick & Morty edited to feat. Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/JuzaShannon/status/910151328017633281

(bit of a spoiler from latest Rick & Morty episode, however)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Glorious. Rick & Morty edited to feat. Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/JuzaShannon/status/910151328017633281

(bit of a spoiler from latest Rick & Morty episode, however)

That made me happy and sad at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We will soon find out what TAA is made of if he is kept in the team he was absolutely destroyed against City and Burnley purposely targeted him and got there goal from it.

He will have to get used to being targeted everyone can see the lad has talent but the only way to find out if he can learn and grow and be a player at this level is to play him and hope he can learn from being targeted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We were awful on Sat,having said that I couldn't give the reasons why because the litre of Jager bombs I had before the game blurred my judgement and vision somewhat, atmosphere was pretty bad at anfield again though,i was in the kop I may as well have been outside

Why did you get hammered before the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

21752959_10156025709577573_3748903225131240893_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=194dda68a279176cfeebd5b3d421d70c&oe=5A5ADE2C

Decent looking front 6.

Big games for Ox, Grujic, Solanke, and Gomez. Hope they all impress. Ings off the bench would be great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Was very worried when I saw Klavan, as our slower CB's have been murdered by Leicester pace in the past, but it looks like we've gotten lucky with the lineups--

Leicester: Hamer, Amartey, Dragović, Morgan (c), Chilwell, Albrighton, Iborra, Ndidi, Gray, Slimani, Ulloa.

So would expect their pace to be attacking us wide, rather than central, which may suit us better. Would worry about Gray targeting Flanagan at right back though... reckon he could do serious damage there. Big test for Gomez at CB as well, dealing with the size and strength of Slimani and Ulloa... perfect opposition for Klavan though. The only times he looks somewhat decent are against big no-nonsense centre forwards without much pace.

Ndidi and Gray the danger-men for me in this one anyway. Charging in on knockdowns, and running into space left open by CB's marking the bigger lads. Henderson will have to be very switched on to track those I think.

Thought grujic was called up for national service or something :pac:

That's a decent team all considered.

The back 4 could facilitate a spanking though, as always truth be told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Would love to see Ings come off the bench and nick a goal

The games we haven't won this season (Watford, Sevilla, City & Burnley), I've been stuck in work for some reason or another.

Guess who's currently stuck in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The games we haven't won this season (Watford, Sevilla, City & Burnley), I've been stuck in work for some reason or another.

Guess who's currently stuck in work.

You know what you need to do

quitgif.gif?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=500&gifq=35

Wonder will coutinho be 10ish with wij supporting ox and solanke or will coutinho be front 3ish on the left?

Of course .... they are but starting positions... interchange & move is the klopp way :)

Coutinho and Ox on the left and right wings I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    21752959_10156025709577573_3748903225131240893_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=194dda68a279176cfeebd5b3d421d70c&oe=5A5ADE2C

Looking forward to seeing Ward and Solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Markovic on the bench? Christ I was sure he was gone or dead or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I was hoping Woodburn would start. Ah well...not a bad team really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Is the game on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was hoping Woodburn would start. Ah well...not a bad team really.

I guess it's better having a team good enough that we need senior pros to play in the league cup because they're not getting enough games.

Is the game on tv

On Sky.

As eager as I am to see more Woodburn he's got all the time in the world on his hands. He's not just young, he's a child.

Indeed... squad is coming along nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Is the game on tv

On sky sports main event or sky sports football

Ward's gonna have some amount of crosses to claim with Leicester starting two strikers who'd rather head it than ever touch the ball with their feet. We've already conceded a header to Slimani in pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Delighted grujic starts,see what he's made of finally in a real game,looks a real talent

x43r0 wrote: »
    You know what you need to do

quitgif.gif?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=500&gifq=35

My patent protected excuse of call in dead seems inappropriate, so I feel kinda stumped. Hard to call in dead when your boss is looking directly at ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

James Pearce saying the away end is sold out but people are still trying to get there after all the traffic on the motorways
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/910212021823647745

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement