Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

murpho999 wrote: »
    Paul Merson about to debate Liverpool and Coutinho on Sky now.

Should be good!

Really damn that would be good tv lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Negative_G wrote: »
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    Please stop calling him Mr. Sturridge, it's wrecking my head seeing it constantly.

It's almost as funny as the incessant use of 'the Rodgers' which was also flogged to death at every opportunity.

The "hurling" refernaces are getting really frigging old too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Really damn that would be good tv lol

Yes we should sell Coutinho as he only scored 14 goals last season and buy Sanchez from Arsenal for £70m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'How much coke would they get for him?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I do enjoy merson talking nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

van Dijk is the next topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mark Schwarzer

''Man City, no one can compete with them, who can. Only a handful of teams in this league can compete with them. ''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Pandas are still ok though? Right? :) just as long as they're safe!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

For some, any auld smidgin of humour or wit will be a canker on their poor, shrivelled, tormented, joyless souls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Mersons fast food analogy was brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

corwill wrote: »
    For some, any auld smidgin of humour or wit will be a canker on their poor, shrivelled, tormented, joyless souls.

'Wit' - the capacity for inventive thought and quick understanding; keen intelligence.

I'm not sure that some of the 'banter' that is flogged to death here sometimes could be deemed witty.

Then again, humour is subjective.

There's some really great content posted here and I enjoy reading others opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

It would be nice if some of the "inside jokes" would go away quietly instead of being being flogged to the death by the same posters over and over again. There's already been more than one mod instruction to cut out some of the rubbish because it was pissing off so many users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

'Wit' - the capacity for inventive thought and quick understanding; keen intelligence.

I'm not sure that some of the 'banter' that is flogged to death here sometimes could be deemed witty.

There's some really great content posted here and I enjoy reading others opinions, whether I agree with them or not.

It would be nice if some of the "inside jokes" would go away quietly instead of being being flogged to the death by the same posters over and over again. There's already been more than one mod instruction to cut out some of the rubbish because it was pissing off so many users.

If you don't like the 'banter' of certain posters put them on ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

all I said to my wife was that piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Splitters!

yes there is a Monty Python Life of Brian clip in this post! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vicxas wrote: »
    You're the second person to say this. Which is making me nervous.

Sauce?

No sign of mane or can in today's training photos.

Mane was given the day off for recovery. Must mean he'll be starting on Saturday. Anyway Klopp would have mentioned any injury at his Presser which was after morning training AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No sign of mane or can in today's training photos.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/898295211750637568

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What about Sexual Harassment Panda?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    If you don't like the 'banter' of certain posters put them on ignore

I'm quite aware of the ignore function and have benefitted from its use already.

Putting someone on ignore however is the internet equivalent of rolling your eyes when someone in the office/pub pulls out the same one-liner for the 100th time. Most people would get the message after awhile.

• Advertisement

colin_800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane was given the day off for recovery. Must mean he'll be starting on Saturday. Anyway Klopp would have mentioned any injury at his Presser which was after morning training AFAIK

Great stuff. He was electric the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Spurs proved you can score the most goals in the league and still concede the least goals. At 8-1 for league they're a great bet, personally I think they win the league before May.
    We have scored 25 goals in last 10 games, including preseason, while conceding 8. I expect now the games are competitive we will score less and concede more.
    I don't see the need for our full back to bomb forward, over 90 mins we will score a goal.
    Would love to see an old style back four like Arsenal had, where they stay in line for 90 mins.

:confused: but wait, I thought Utd won the league on Sunday???? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This post was a chore to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

murpho999 wrote: »
    Edit: Changed this as it's bad taste as it's now a very serious incident

Yeah man I was gonna say. I'm in Barcelona at the moment just a couple of miles from the incident. I heard a rumour that whoever rented the van actually rented two vans. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm quite aware of the ignore function and have benefitted from its use already.

Putting someone on ignore however is the internet equivalent of rolling your eyes when someone in the office/pub pulls out the same one-liner for the 100th time. Most people would get the message after awhile.

You already said it's subjective. Dry your eyes, chin up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

To be fair, a few jokes on here are on season 15 with no original cast members left.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Just reading that Suarez is out until early October.
    Barcelona desperation levels have just hit an all time high, if this is true there'll be an awful lot of Barca propaganda coming our way tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

It's almost as funny as the incessant use of 'the Rodgers' which was also flogged to death at every opportunity.

Mr. Glass for Mr Sturridge* makes me cringe when I see it

*Just had to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Fun Bobby is my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Just reading that Suarez is out until early October.
    Barcelona desperation levels have just hit an all time high, if this is true there'll be an awful lot of Barca propaganda coming our way tomorrow.

Whether Suarez is available or not to Barca makes no difference to LFC.
    Phil has a contract and must honour it unless both parties are willing to compromise. You could argue that Lallana being out till October means the exact opposite and any chance of negotiation is out the window.

Besides, if Barca think that Phil will unlock defences and score goals to make up for Luis and Neymar being missing, they clearly dont know what kind of player they're looking at.

• Advertisement

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    This post was a chore to read.

I'll use shorter sentences and smaller words for you next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

But how are we to know it's a funny unless it's from the approved list? I think it's safer and greener to recycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Grayditch wrote: »
    To be fair, a few jokes on here are on season 15 with no original cast members left.

I know just the trick to revive this thread

Anyone know how to waterski?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

The way this thread is gone since yesterday evening, you can tell everyone is just completely pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

x43r0 wrote: »
    I know just the trick to revive this thread

Anyone know how to waterski?

I'll prep the tank.

The way this thread is gone since yesterday evening, you can tell everyone is just completely pissed off.

I'm in great form :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

brevity wrote: »
    Iirc Draxler turned Liverpool down in favour of PSG so that might not sit well with Klopp.

Salah turned down Liverpool in favour of Chelsea. I don't think he'll care.

Alas yes, nothing to get excited about. What's so frustrating is that we all know just a couple (or three) signings could/should have a 'transformative' effect on the squad. VVD (or other) Draxler, Goretex. Keep you know who and I'm sure we'd be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Banned for a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's either in-jokes or Chicken Little posts.

Pretty much service as normal, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Ardent wrote: »
    Salah turned down Liverpool in favour of Chelsea. I don't think he'll care.

I suppose. But Klopp wasn't there then. He might have a different feeling on things now.

I think Salah was the back-up plan for Draxler wasn't he?

Either way, I doubt Liverpool will go back in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Seems Southampton have signed that defender. I wonder will this mean there will be movement on VVD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

brevity wrote: »
    Seems Southampton have signed that defender. I wonder will this mean there will be movement on VVD?
    Pellegrino has been told there will be no extra funds for players so he will have to sell to buy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/southampton-owner-tells-mauricio-pellegrino-he-has-no-extra-funds-6xz3ff8v6

So it looks like VVD will be moving but the question is where will he go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Shows the deal FSG got, £300m for Liverpool, Chinese crowd paid £210m for 80% of flipping Southampton

rob316 wrote: »
    Shows the deal FSG got, £300m for Liverpool, Chinese crowd paid £210m for 80% of flipping Southampton

It's as if the last 8 years didn't happen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dogbert27 wrote: »
    93GyHa.png

The main problem for the goal is at this point. The player has 6 options ahead of him and all the time in the world to pick one out. Mane not closing down the man quickly enough.

Lovren and Moreno both too deep allowing 2 players on side from the long ball.

The entire midfield ball watching.
    I agree with this but for one thing, You say Lovren and Moreno are to deep ? have you played ball ever at a decent level ? Lovern and Moreno are both on the side the ball is coming from so there for Matip and Trent should be taking there line from them ,
    Matip is about half a yard higher than Lovern which isn't bad and in my opinon he is trying to be level with Lovern,
    Its clear as day the only one of the back four that is out of position is TRENT  , hes on the far side and should be taking his line from the near side, I know he is young but its clearly his positioning that causes the goal, he even knows this with his attempt to stick his arm up and get saved by the lino,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

rob316 wrote: »

VVD is going to be at least sixty of that back straight away, seems a good deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just to further my point above, At any decent level your thought as a kid playing centre back if there is no pressure on the ball to drop off to step up is suicide , Lovern and Moreno are doing the correct thing I also think Matip is but is half a yard out,
    Lovern had a crap game and Moreno is Moreno but what they are doing there is correct and basic defending learned at any half decent level

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was listening to James Richardson's new podcast & he said we lost our last 3 at home to Palace. If we make that 4 then I'll be pissed.

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    VVD is going to be at least sixty of that back straight away, seems a good deal

Well, Celtic will get some of that and maybe the Chinese folk only get 80% of the remainder? Still though. The PL money be another lash into the pot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement