Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Different team picked. Same failings as Saturday. Finger pointed at Klopp. Question is can he fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Have to say Henderson is in an awful rut. You could argue taking the armband off him might allow him to refocus, but who would get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rodgers out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Buying new players without addressing the system is not fixing the defence. It also comes down to how they are coached. Just can't see where the improvements in defence will cone from.

Better players.

There was nothing wrong with Dortmund's defence in Klopp's time so he's well able to coach it.

For me it's personnel, a squad with Klavan, Lovren, Moreno etc is just not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope that's the last we see of Flanagan in a Liverpool jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Albrighton could've cleared that miles up the pitch to Danny Ward, but instead puts it out of play where there's absolutely no Liverpool players nearby. That's actually really impressive timewasting to be fair and they nearly scored after it.

murpho999 wrote:
    Are you just switching your personal campaign from Sturridge to Henderson?

To be fair Henderson has been beyond useless this evening. Really really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not sure how it happened or when, but we’ve turned into Arsenal.

murpho999 wrote:
    For me it's personnel, a squad with Klavan, Lovren, Moreno etc is just not good enough.

Also klopps fault.

Not sure how it happened or when, but we’ve turned into Arsenal.

Arsenal have Ox, they're shîte.

They sell us Ox, they're no longer shîte, we're shîte.

That's it settled.

• Advertisement

Second leg on Saturday will be tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lads make a match thread real quick, the invalids will be on their way here otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

picgifs-angry-sad-upset-691531.gif

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Also klopps fault.

Well he hasn't got the right player's there yet. That's the time required bit.

osunoo.0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seriously there hasn’t been a leader on the pitch for Liverpool since Gerrardband Carragher finished up. Such a soft team with no fight at all.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If we had to get knocked out of one cup competition before Christmas, it would hav been the energy drink cup.

The energy drink cup was the best chance of silverware this season and I don't think a club that hasn't won a thing in 5 years can start talking about competitions they'd prefer to be knocked out of.

This was a balls up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    Better players.

There was nothing wrong with Dortmund's defence in Klopp's time so he's well able to coach it.

Weren't you just complaining about personal attacks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Od was a strange but was it one to satisfy the fans not an area that we looked short in
    I'd have him full back but doubt that would go down well with him

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Weren't you just complaining about personal attacks?

I don't go on about individual players at ever opportunity.

murpho999 wrote:
    Well he hasn't got the right player's there yet. That's the time required bit.

Ya maybe I'm being unfair. But it's just really pissed me off watching this team play the last few times.

Rodgers In .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fúcking disgusted with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So. Positives.

Ings back.
    Woodburn getting time and looking good.
    Robertson, best left back at the club.
    Gomez decent at the back overall. Would be tempted to start playing him with Matip in the league, as at least there, there's hope of improvement, as opposed to the other two known-quantities.

Negatives, everything else.
    Midfield is where it all fell apart in the second half really, really poor. I'm not gonna be too negative on Oxlade Chamberlain just yet... but needs to step up a lot, and quickly. I think i'm kind of done with Grujic. He's decent with the ball at his feet in attack, but without it, he's one of the dumbest players i've ever seen. Just moronic in his positioning and decision making. Would have Ejaria over him every day of the week, far better player from what we've seen so far.

Really pissed off to be out of this cup, easiest route to a trophy, and one of the more interesting competitions imo. Also completely robs our second tier of players of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Thank **** i didnt watch it tonight lads. By the sounds of things the lack of finishing is letting us down as much as the poor defending at present

• Advertisement

I'm glad Henderson played a full game today and wasn't subbed off as it means he's probably back out for the league game at the weekend. As soon as Leicester started attacking in the second half he was invisible, Okazaki ghosted past him time and time again. The other midfielders weren't any better but he's supposed to be the most defensive of the 3, the one who's supposed to get the tackles in and help out the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

martyos121 wrote: »
    Arsenal have Ox, they're shîte.

They sell us Ox, they're no longer shîte, we're shîte.

That's it settled.

Cannot believe the money spent on Ox, never thought he was worth anything like that kind of money especially with only a year on the contract.

Robertson on the other hand looks a snip, he crosses like a proper old fashioned winger. Great whipped balls in. Woodburn looks a talent and Ward looks good aswell. You can't help but think he's worth a run of games as first choice to see how he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

So... the positives.

Danny Ward should be starting for us, i've seen enough of him to know he's at least no worse that those other two.
    Ben Woodburn looks to be a big prospect, No.10 looks to suit him real well.
    Henderson...i've defended him to the last on here over the last 2 years but he should'nt be starting for us given his current form, the positive from him tonight is he played 90mins so probably won't start on the weekend.
    Thought Solanke did well enough in spells.

Klopp not happy. No hugs today.
    He's furious, he wanted this badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't go on about individual players at ever opportunity.

You go on about Lovren and Moreno no matter how they perform though, and even if they don't play.

Henderson performed sh!te tonight and has been poison for weeks, several posters have pointed it out, because you like him doesn't make the criticism a personal campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Gomez matip central defenders and Robertson at left back and Trent at right back is the way forward IMO.

Need to stop chopping and changing and stick with them so they can get used to playing together.

Too much changing recently in games at the back we need to have a settled back 4 week in week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

On the plus side I'd rather get knocked out of the League Cup at this stage than win it.

I'd start Ox at right back till Clyne is back.

Gomez at CB

Robertson at Left back.

Henderson should be dropped.

Can, Coutinho and Wijnaldum as the midfield 3.

Ward

Ox
    Matip
    Gomez
    Robertson

Can

Wijnaldum
    Coutinho

Mane
    Salah

Fun Bobby

Starting to wonder if Wijnaldum is actually the best option at 6 right now.

Anyway for positives:

-I thought Gomez was quite good at CB, made a couple of small mistakes but who wouldn't in a Liverpool defence. Couldn't really fault him for either goal. I'm sure we'll see him in the position a lot more, and maybe beside Matip we can form a somewhat solid pairing.
    -Robertson should be our starting left back. Moreno's been fine but Robertson is just great, those crosses are lethal and it's a shame he isn't coming out of the game with a couple of assists.
    -Coutinho looked alright, about as good as you expect from him after such little game time. Held the ball too long at times and tried to do it all on his own now and then, but he also created a lot of chances including a great ball in to Solanke.
    -Ward dominated his area really well, claimed a few crosses and rushed out to cut out a through ball too, couldn't do anything about the goals.

That's about all I've got :o

Gbear wrote: »
    On the plus side I'd rather get knocked out of the League Cup at this stage than win it.

what? That makes no sense.

nw1vwg1.gif?w=510

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Henderson as captain needs to be looked at. He is not a leader at all, he is not even good enough to be starting in the 1st team at the moment I think. He was awful again today. He offers nothing to the team the way he's playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Not a leader in any of them on that pitch,we are so meek. Sick of the season already,same shiete as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'd start Ox at right back till Clyne is back.

Gomez at CB

Robertson at Left back.

Henderson should be dropped.

Can, Coutinho and Wijnaldum as the midfield 3.

Ward

Ox
    Matip
    Gomez
    Robertson

Can

Wijnaldum
    Coutinho

Mane
    Salah

Fun Bobby

OX left arsenal as they wanted to use him as a wing back. Why do you think he'd enjoy being a RB!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Brutal. Players should be stepping up and showing what they have. If that's it, then Klopp needs to absolutely cull the squad of the dead wood as they will never be good enough for the first 11. Then get rid of a few first teamers as well, it's beyond ridiculous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Are you for real???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Vicxas wrote: »
    OX left arsenal as they wanted to use him as a wing back. Why do you think he'd enjoy being a RB!?

Maybe he should have to play himself into his preferred position.

duffman13 wrote: »
    Cannot believe the money spent on Ox, never thought he was worth anything like that kind of money especially with only a year on the contract.

Robertson on the other hand looks a snip, he crosses like a proper old fashioned winger. Great whipped balls in. Woodburn looks a talent and Ward looks good aswell. You can't help but think he's worth a run of games as first choice to see how he goes.

I liked the Ox signing at the time and still think he'll come good under Klopp, but there's just absolutely no way he gets into the team unless he's willing to play as a fullback. Salah and Mane are lightyears ahead of him on the wings and his notion of becoming a top class midfielder is futile with the quality we have there already (and Lallana to come back in on top of that).

Robertson is indeed a tremendous signing, best value for money since we got Matip for free and Milner before him. Watched a lot of English football already this season and only Mendy has impressed me more at left back, and he was five times the price of Robertson.

article-0-1B8322C0000005DC-135_306x423.jpg

Vicxas wrote: »

Milner was told he'd be CM when we signed him and he was one of the best LB's in the league last season.

Ox's best games for Arsenal came as right wing back.

TAA isn't ready for the role Flanagan really isn't good enough that leaves Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

3 points Saturday more important than a win tonight
    Better of going out tonight than in a semi final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Klopp not helping himself he should have went out to win this. He needs a trophy this year & the team folded like a deck of cards tonight.

What is Ox anyway?

Utility man also screams mediocre at me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Henderson performed sh!te tonight and has been poison for weeks, several posters have pointed it out, because you like him doesn't make the criticism a personal campaign.

It clearly is from Agent Coulson.
    Snide ****e at every turn from him.

Henderson was good first half and in general was grand.
    We got a bit ragged when chasing the game as things went on but I don't think the system worked great 2nd half.
    It was a similar story with Grujic.

Tidy feet and good interplay first half but then he starts getting frustrated second half, starts throwing himself into tackles and diving at the slightest touch.

The whole midfield and ball carrying system dissolved when Coutinho went off.
    There wasn't really anyone taking the ball in midfield.
    Henderson is a go-between. If there's nobody to go between then he has to resort to trying things himself. It's not really his game but he didn't have any options in front of him when Coutinho was substituted.

With Grujic and Solanke up there we really should've gone more direct to them. They got a fair bit of joy any time the ball was in the air.

We found our rhythm again after a while but at best we still had the same problems as first half.

Poor final ball, not enough people in the box to take advantage of it when it wasn't, a bit of bad decision-making in the final third.
    A little bit of bad luck as well, but you make your own luck and we've been doing this too often for the past 18 months.

My only regret is that we bothered wasting Henderson and Wijnaldum's energy on a game in a competition that's irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement