Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

niallo27 wrote: »
    I know but you guys have a headerball like Jones who throws himself in front of everything. It's really what this back 4 need.

Having Smalling and Jones on the pitch at the same time feels like Suicide sometimes

They can be very clumsy when playing together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

At one point we thought Lovern had turned the corner.

I'd be happier if he learned to defend a corner

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I don't like ketchup or brown sauce. Someone has to start a match thread, might as well be me I guess.

On paper thats not a bad line-up under the circumstances. If Lovren and Moreno keep their arses in gear then we've a good chance. Will be watching Gini closely too coz he seems to evaporate in away games all too often.

Big pressure on us to win after todays results. But most importantly of all, Charlie you haven't a feckin clue when it comes to sauce, yer all over the shop fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mane's out meeting the locals today
    DKa3bXaW4AE_gHH.jpg

SALAH HOW

SALAH HOW

that's how :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Mane's out meeting the locals today
    DKa3bXaW4AE_gHH.jpg

Did he bless the baby? Sign it up.

Baby is thinking "what the fck are you wearing?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's the messiah! He wears what he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sick of this ****e.

A poor keeper will always let you down. **** off Mig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Incapable of composure,having said that,Vardy dived and got matip booked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

And Okasaki had Mignolet by the arm when he was attempting to go for the ball.
    Even still, was sitting hoping they would get in 2-0 up. Now who knows what the second half will look like.
    Hope he doesn't take Coutinho off this time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blaming Mignolet for that is quite harsh. When an opponent is holding onto your arm and getting away with it, the odds are always stacked against you getting anywhere near the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's odd. We've played a lot worse than during the week and Leicester have looked a lot better but we go in ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaysus well done to FSG on the deal making getting Salah so cheap and not selling Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

martyos121 wrote: »
    Blaming Mignolet for that is quite harsh. When an opponent is holding onto your arm and getting away with it, the odds are always stacked against you getting anywhere near the ball.

Absolutely fouled. Not sure his decision to go for it was a good idea though, not sure he was ever going to get to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Apart from the foul is he not offside before toe poking the ball?

Only saw it once so not sure

• Advertisement

Vardy dived, Mignolet got fouled. We got hard done by there. I dont blame the ref for not copping the foul on Mignolet but jesus the dive was as obvious as they come.
    And Matip gets booked as well. Piss poor by Vardy. But I doubt he gives a crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

martyos121 wrote: »

Is it though?

He's far too soft, we seen during the week that the young lad Ward was able to come through a lot of players and command the box.

I'm not saying Ward is the answer but Mignolet certainly isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

This midfield three is so so bad yet he keeps going to it.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Is it though?

He's far too soft, we seen during the week that the young lad Ward was able to come through a lot of players and command the box.

I'm not saying Ward is the answer but Mignolet certainly isn't.

If you are being held, you're not going to be able to come through a lot of players.

Amount of falling down Leicester are doing and getting rewarded for a peno is inevitable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There you go, anyone that was asking why Mignolet wasnt going mad at the ref for the goal take note. Ref is watching Lovren get held and books him for complaining. Both CBs booked now for wrong decisions.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    If you are being held, you're not going to be able to come through a lot of players.

It just happens too often with him, A five year old would put him off balance. He's not strong enough.

razorblunt wrote: »
    There you go, anyone that was asking why Mignolet wasnt going mad at the ref for the goal take note. Ref is watching Lovren get held and books him for complaining. Both CBs booked now for wrong decisions.

I dont usually moan about refs coz its sort of pointless but yeah this fella is really pissing me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I dont usually moan about refs coz its sort of pointless but yeah this fella is really pissing me off

BT deliberately not talking about the fact he was staring at the incident too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We need our captain to go over and talk to the ref one to one and then keep getting in his ear for the rest of the match.

Very nice overlap from Moreno there, shame Salah didn't get more space to finish.

• Advertisement

STURRIDGE HAS ASSISTED A GOAL. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Poor defence again. Matip caught ball watching.

The switching off is so frustrating

Amount of falling down Leicester are doing and getting rewarded for a peno is inevitable

Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Bit of Karma for you Vardy, ya diving git

Fck me these two.lads on comms hate us

3 points, an away win.... never behind despite conceding twice :)

6 played and 11 points in the league, onwards & upwards :)

Hendo had a fair bit to do for his goal and did it well, fair play to him. Not to take away from coutinho or salah of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Double whiskey please.

Fcuk you Glenn hoddle you odius cnut

• Advertisement

Phew. We made seriously hard work of it but **** it lovely 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ref was shocking as was the BT bias.

Get in !

I think that is cause for celebration.

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjn26SQ97vWAhUOYVAKHdMyBYQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theboozeyswine.com%2F2013%2F03%2Ftea-and-brown-sauce-dont-bother.html&psig=AFQjCNF93HzYVJWDx6YMx7ALJgx8CtYAyw&ust=1506277505792814IMG_4503.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Phew, so much bad football at the back it's genuinely hard to credit. Keystone cops stuff, if two players going for the same looping/bouncing ball was a drinking game I'd need a new liver. The number of Garryowen's that Lovren and Matip play is also alarming. Basic technique lads.

Great win in a game where everything was set up for a draw.

Thought Ox was pretty great when he came on actually. Sturridge did well for the goal but he scared the shít out of me near the end when I just wanted him to go to the corner.

Referee was atrocious. Dive from Vardy, pull from Okazaki and the clock going past the allotted time for Leicester's first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

1330628865_soccer_fan_kid_accidentally_pokes_himself_in_the_eye.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

That's the most one sided refereeing display i've seen in a long time.

Well done the lads.

1330628865_soccer_fan_kid_accidentally_pokes_himself_in_the_eye.gif

Didn't know Moreno supported Liverpool as a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

**** Leicester.
    So much. With a giant concrete dildo.

They play like absolute cu*ts.

If you're going to kick and cheat and dive all game then at least have the decency to not play dog **** football as well.

Also, if there's any justice the rest of Anthony Taylor's career will be limited to reffing the U9s down his local park.

Hopefully there's enough of a stink kicked up over the shambles of refereeing that VAR gets some coverage. It's badly needed.

Hendo was like an absolute demon second half. MOTM although Can put in a great shift as well.
    The two of them resorted to head-tennissing their way through midfield once it became clear how bogged down it was going to get on the ground.

Coutinho was solid in the main and a lovely goal to and assist to round it out. Salah was a little off the pace but effective enough. A bit ragged in his touch and pass.
    Firmino wasn't great. Just not on it today. Sturridge looked pretty sharp.

If the ref wasn't doing his best to help Leicester out at every opportunity, you could say Matip and Moreno had good games as well.
    Lovren looked real shaky.
    Gomez was good until Albrighton made an absolute fool of him with the most telegraphed spin you could ever hope to see in the build up to the Leicester goal.

Wijnaldum ran around a lot and covered space I suppose, but it feels like we're playing with 10 when we're in possession in this set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ref was poor I thought.....same issues at the back so I wont even bother....some good play and a lovely 3 points, happy with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement