Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

sword1 wrote: »
    VVD is going to be at least sixty% of that back straight away, seems a good deal

Fixed that for ya..

ERG89 wrote: »
    Was listening to James Richardson's new podcast & he said we lost our last 3 at home to Palace. If we make that 4 then I'll be pissed.

They got battered last week and Benteke will be chomping at the bit to get the better of us again I imagine.

You'd expect us to concede anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

If Rodgers was still managing the club imagine the abuse he would be getting. Klopp's persistence with Moreno is beyond ridiculous. He should have been out the door after the Europa League Final, no where near good enough.

The board/committee's serious lack of nous in the transfer market was also another stick to beat Rodgers with. It has been proved since that the manager has little impact on how they operate. Rodger's the 'Yes man' jumping to the American's tune. I don't see anything different now, what sort of say does the manager have?

Don't get me wrong I love Klopp and all the he brings is great but he has flaws and anybody that paints it any different has their head in the clouds. There was a lot of talk from Klopp about the defence in the build-up to the Watford game & we seen the shambles that was, no different to last season.

So many positives but the next two weeks are going to be crucial as to how the season goes. No VVD/Keita incoming or if Coutinho leaves there will be no Champions League next year for sure. Where does that leave Klopp after three seasons in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

They're a team trying to adapt to DeBoer's tactics which are very different to Pardew's or Allardyce's, I reckon given enough time he'll do really well there if they stick with him but could be a rough month or two while they iron it all out - if ever a defence was ripe to be carved open by pace and creativity it's Palace right now and Liverpool have both in spades...so a 4-3 win for Liverpool! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Reckon we'll nick it 7-6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I agree with this but for one thing, You say Lovren and Moreno are to deep ? have you played ball ever at a decent level ? Lovern and Moreno are both on the side the ball is coming from so there for Matip and Trent should be taking there line from them ,
    Matip is about half a yard higher than Lovern which isn't bad and in my opinon he is trying to be level with Lovern,
    Its clear as day the only one of the back four that is out of position is TRENT  , hes on the far side and should be taking his line from the near side, I know he is young but its clearly his positioning that causes the goal, he even knows this with his attempt to stick his arm up and get saved by the lino,

:pac:

........ have you played ball ever at a decent level ?............

Please expand on the decent level you are alluding to have played at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Augeo wrote: »
    Well, Celtic will get some of that and maybe the Chinese folk only get 80% of the remainder? Still though. The PL money be another lash into the pot.

I think all transfers should be transparent in that we should see what the club, players, agents etc get, it is twisted every way yet the assumption seems to be that if the club sells a player for fifty million then they have it all to spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matuidi yesterday for £18m against Emery wishes.

Draxler rumoured to be available for £32m and now Krychowiak is being made available for £20/25m the firesale is really on at PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Please expand on the decent level you are alluding to have played at.

He's Mark Wright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Draxler rumoured to be available for £32m and now Krychowiak is being made available for £20/25m the firesale is really on at PSG.

Need to get that Neymar money back somehow.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Need to get that Neymar money back somehow.

More likely to raise money to buy MMMMBop.

What was the ban for a month about?

sword1 wrote: »
    What was the ban for a month about?

Spoiled the leaked episode of Game Of Thrones.

And doing that in a Liverpool thread gets you banned? That's nuts!
    If I managed to tell people whats gonna happen in Emmerdale tonight would that get me banned too or is it just Game of Thrones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

And doing that in a Liverpool thread gets you banned? That's nuts!
    If I managed to tell people whats gonna happen in Emmerdale tonight would that get me banned too or is it just Game of Thrones?

No, just for watching Emmerdale.

So what happens in it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

and do we have a fire engine? Nope, a clowns car.

and do we have a fire engine? Nope, a clowns car.

No PSG players are PlanA I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Augeo wrote:
    No PSG players are PlanA I would think.

At this stage we should be on Plan C or D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If I managed to tell people whats gonna happen in Emmerdale tonight would that get me banned too

In the Leeds thread, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope we keep Coutinho and get Draxler.

Could line up with

_____Count

Hope we keep Coutinho and get Draxler.

Could line up with

_____Count

I hope it wasn't said to Coutinho that if we can sign a replacement we will let you go. Surprised we are not going for draxler if there isn't something else going on,**** it we need a signing as I am starting to sound like ricero

We are acting like there are no players good enough to play for Liverpool available to buy. If window closes with the 150m still not spent and we sell Sakho and Markovic for 45m we will see a lot of questions as to why.
    Leonardo Bonucci left Juventus for 42m Euro ! Where the hell were we on that one. We are coming across as complete amateurs with a serious lack of knowledge of how to even sign a player or identify one of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I see Dunphy in the star today alluding to klopp being the 'ultimate spoofer' - the ironing is delicious with him. Delicious

HAlf the price of the crocked VVD and younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Nope

NukaCola wrote: »
    Nope

You're right. He's turned 30 recently.
    I thought he was 26.

Wilfried Zaha out of the game tomorrow. Pity Benteke won't be missing with him, he's nailed on to score another couple against us.

• Advertisement

40m Euro for a quality CB who just turned 30 is still value. He could solve a problem for 4 years for 40m euro.

Wilfried Zaha out of the game tomorrow. Pity Benteke won't be missing with him, he's nailed on to score another couple against us.

Great bet.
    He must score. I'm again just wondering can we out score them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ah, so that's what that garbled nonsense was about. Here was me thinking that it's some new in joke on the thread that I'm not down with. Turns out that it's just popular culture I'm not down with. Far less concerning.
    Hope someone can leak a few goals into the Palace net tomorrow.

Have the club responded to what Fernandez said: "We are negotiating and that is the truth. With all respect to both clubs, logically in a negotiation you need time to reach agreements for them and for us"

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

His son is sick and he had no interest in leaving Italy, it's why Milan got him so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Have the club responded to what Fernandez said: "We are negotiating and that is the truth. With all respect to both clubs, logically in a negotiation you need time to reach agreements for them and for us"

Someone should just post this and a picture of Fernandez

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Draxlers agent says nothing has changed for him at PSG.

That's him nailed on for a move now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

J Mysterio wrote: »
    :pac:

I played all my football above sea level, I'd be lost at sea otherwise.

Rumours that a bid of 125m has been lodged for Coutinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The ox now evens to join lfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

brevity wrote: »
    Probably £50m straight up, £70 million once Coutinho is declared a God and the balance ;1 a day once his contract expires.

Edit: It's Euros and not pounds. £114m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Probably £50m straight up, £70 million once Coutinho is declared a God and the balance ;1 a day once his contract expires.

They say Barcelona's president spent 40 days and 40 nights camped in the wilderness of northern Italy to learn their ways in transfer dealings.

Edit: It's Euros and not pounds. £114m

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/898554548066934785

That was quick.

brevity wrote: »

After Barca saying they were in talks and LFC not saying anything to the contrary I'm not surprised, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

€125m a few months ago, ok.. now... sure what use is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Well done.

Barca can fúck off.

He's no release clause, they've 200m in the kitty and are desperate.

Absolutely no need to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Grayditch wrote: »
    €125m a few months ago, ok.. now... sure what use is it?

Its mental anything approaching £100m you would have taken before this window, now 125 is been rejected outright.

Barcelona still not getting the picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fair play to FSG sticking to their word. Now sign a few quality players and all is forgiven

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

rob316 wrote: »
    Its mental anything approaching £100m you would have taken before this window, now 125 is been rejected outright.

Barcelona still not getting the picture.

I reckon they would have taken that at the start of the summer, back in the good old days when we thought we would get Van Dijk & Keita for roughly the same amount.

Seems like a long time ago now.

Too late in the day for Barca, any adequate replacement will cost close enough to what we'll get for Couthino so not worth it

EDIT: Seems that the bid was inclusive of huge add ons. We wouldnt have even accepted that at the start of the Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ricero wrote: »
    Fair play to FSG sticking to their word. Now sign a few quality players and all is forgiven

Think they know that there would be widespread unrest among the support base if he's sold and no-one is brought in. He might still go, but it won't be until a couple of new players have been signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I reckon they would have taken that at the start of the summer, back in the good old days when we thought we would get Van Dijk & Keita for roughly the same amount.

Seems like a long time ago now.

Too late in the day for Barca, any adequate replacement will cost close enough to what we'll get for Couthino so not worth it

PSG have pulled a serious number on them, £200m looks useless to them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement