Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysus well done to FSG on the deal making getting Salah so cheap and not selling Coutinho.

Tis looking like the Salah purchase is finally pay back for getting shafted by Italians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Right back up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Thank **** for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It is a fact that Glenn Hoddle is an atrocious human being.

He's not qualified to commentate, because he talks endless amounts of ****e and he's simply not intelligent enough.

And he also believes that people are disabled because they sinned in a past existence. So there's no question he should be getting it out of any loyalty or professional admiration.

Why the **** do BT employ the likes of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Everyone new the two Manchester club were going to run away from the pack with all the money they spent so level on points with Spurs and two points behind last Chelsea and Arsenal miles away seems a decent enough start for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Don't think i can't take being a Liverpool fan much longer. Heart can't take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

So was the vardy penalty the right decision? It looks like mignolet made connection with the ball first. So not a penalty? But the rules change so much nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mignolet was a disgrace today. The club need to go all out on a top class keeper as he is just a disaster. Good at saving pens thats about it. Great 3 pts and was good to be able to bring on 3 decent subs shows the squad is improving. VVD and a keeper and there is an excellent squad in the makings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Mignolet was a disgrace today. The club need to go all out on a top class keeper as he is just a disaster. Good at saving pens thats about it. Great 3 pts and was good to be able to bring on 3 decent subs shows the squad is improving. VVD and a keeper and there is an excellent squad in the makings.

Very harsh. I don't remember him doing much wrong. Could have been stronger for the first goal but he was fouled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

We've been twatted in our last 3 LG games at Leicester so its nice to get the pts today in a dog of a match.

Close to 2 pts per game average at the mo so things going grand so far and we're nowhere near our best yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

emo72 wrote: »
    So was the vardy penalty the right decision? It looks like mignolet made connection with the ball first. So not a penalty? But the rules change so much nowadays.

tough one... there was one angle that looked like Mig got a touch, but there was another obstructed one that looked like the ball didn't change course... either way, I can't see how the ref can give it in real time. You can only give a pen if you're sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Seriously,2 nil up,crusing, officials give them not just a free..they book matip for nothing,which all.leads to the corner ,our keeper is fouled and they scored from that foul.. and all the tv cnuts wanna talk about is Leicester hard done by.. infuriating.

Was okazaki offside for his goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Seriously,2 nil up,crusing, officials give them not just a free..they book matip for nothing,which all.leads to the corner ,our keeper is fouled and they scored from that foul.. and all the tv cnuts wanna talk about is Leicester hard done by.. infuriating.

Was okazaki offside for his goal?

He wasn't, but Maguire was, and he's the one that played the ball on to Okazaki, so rightly ruled offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's a shame that we can't win the league in October this year after our poor start to the season, but I think January is a fairly realistic goal now. February at the latest.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Very harsh. I don't remember him doing much wrong. Could have been stronger for the first goal but he was fouled.

The miskick in the first half they nearly scored from, the first goal he has to get that ball similar to watfords goal from the corner, Id also blame him for the second goal a better gk pushes that away from trouble and he gave away the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No way, he made a fantastic save to put it out for a corner before their first goal, and then was fouled for the goal. He made another great stop that led to Vardy's goal where Gomez should've been picking him up at the back post. He gets the ball for the penalty foul, shouldn't have been one, and then saves it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Weak alright, doing his usual flap attempt. For the peno he basically sliced at the ball despite making to it first? I didn't see a replay but looked like a classic Mig moment, panicking and all over the shop under pressure. He didn't do much wrong is the best we can hope for though.

Apart from penalties surprisingly, I have very little faith in him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's a shame that we can't win the league in October this year after our poor start to the season, but I think January is a fairly realistic goal now. February at the latest.

Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal can't win it either then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grayditch wrote: »
    Right back up there.

No idea how Liverpool are only 5 points off the pace but the goals for/against columns look very bad set beside the Manc sides.

Coutinho was back to his best today, classic goal and an assist that was tested and succeeded quite a few times in pre-season.

Also loved Moreno getting up in Vardy's face near the end.

• Advertisement

No way, he made a fantastic save to put it out for a corner before their first goal, and then was fouled for the goal. He made another great stop that led to Vardy's goal where Gomez should've been picking him up at the back post. He gets the ball for the penalty foul, shouldn't have been one, and then saves it too.

You would expect your keeper to make them saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The weekend is saved. Huzzah.

Hope someone spikes Vardy's drink tonight and he has a really bad trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Damien360

No idea how Liverpool are only 5 points off the pace but the goals for/against columns look very bad set beside the Manc sides.

Just 6 games played. We will be a very long way off the pace at the end of the season unless something changes drastically. CL is a must if we intend to attract talent but saying that, if they are not on Klopps shopping list, it doesn't matter.

For what it's worth Mignolet did get the ball :o

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Think I aged about ten years watching that. Vardy is a nasty individual. I thought we were more than comfortable before their first goal which was never a goal for various reasons.
    Worst ref I can recall in a long time.

But ultimately its a great 3 points in a place that's never easy to get wins at.

And thank jaysus I can watch MOTD tonight at last :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You'd have to fancy us away to Newcastle, at home to United and a trip to Wembley to play Spurs, then at home to Huddersfield. Easy 12 on paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

United have faced sides currently in 11th 13th 14th 15th 16th and 18th, and face the 20th next game. Literally haven't met a form side yet. Their 2 quarter of matches are murderous and GD will not look half as impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

That's a free out.

Think I aged about ten years watching that. Vardy is a nasty individual. I thought we were more than comfortable before their first goal which was never a goal for various reasons.
    Worst ref I can recall in a long time.

But ultimately its a great 3 points in a place that's never easy to get wins at.

And thank jaysus I can watch MOTD tonight at last :)

Could be on first as well, it being the usual "to you, to me, to you, to me" frantic nonsense.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

The Vardy wiped him out with a late tackle. I dunno what Ref was thinking. A yellow for Vardy all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You'd have to fancy us away to Newcastle, at home to United and a trip to Wembley to play Spurs, then at home to Huddersfield. Easy 12 on paper.

Love ya, Toby. :)

Could be on first as well, it being the usual "to you, to me, to you, to me" frantic nonsense.

We're second, City first.

EDIT: If I can still say that come May I'll be pretty happy with how the season's gone.

corwill wrote: »
    That's a free out.

It's weird because if Mignolet gets better contact on the ball it is 100% given as a free out and probably a booking for Vardy. You see it with fullbacks all the time when trying to clear the ball, Vardy even did similar to Moreno a few times today.

The Vardy wiped him out with a late tackle. I dunno what Ref was thinking. A yellow for Vardy all day long.

For me that's a 50:50 ball and both are entitled to go for it. No free kick. But, Leicester are home team and the home team as a rule seems to get the "rub of the green". If it was the other way around with Liverpool at home and Salah on Schmiechel, we would be jumping up and down for a peno also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

G'wan Hendo ya good thing. Much maligned on here, but as usual covered every blade of glass tonight ... and got us the winner!

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »
    For me that's a 50:50 ball and both are entitled to go for it. No free kick. But, Leicester are home team and the home team as a rule seems to get the "rub of the green". If it was the other way around with Liverpool at home and Salah on Schmiechel, we would be jumping up and down for a peno also.

Well normally those 50/50s are given as a free kick to whoever won the ball, Mignolet kicks it and then Vardy cleans him out of it.

Well normally those 50/50s are given as a free kick to whoever won the ball, Mignolet kicks it and then Vardy cleans him out of it.

As you said above, if Migs made better contact then it would be free out. But he didn't do that.

Mignolet was trying a Cruyff Lallana turn but Vardy ran through him before his turn was finished :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Sturridge did very well when he came on

Damien360 wrote: »
    As you said above, if Migs made better contact then it would be free out. But he didn't do that.

So now rule is better contact, not contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I agree on the state of commentary, clear example of them following a narrative which is becoming more and more evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dammit, OwaynOTT, you're only allowed one account!

:P

rumbled all ready. Must make a third account.

Missed the match, was too busy eating baked beans with brown sauce. Worth a watch? The match, i wasn't looking for opinions on whether it worth watching me eating beans with brown sauce.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I agree on the state of commentary, clear example of them following a narrative which is becoming more and more evident.

Narratives only gain traction if there is at least a grain of truth though. Liverpool's defence is shoddy, random, chaotic and massively inefficient in every respect other than setting up goal scoring opportunities for the other side and peno saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

redzerdrog wrote: »

He has undoubted quality but he looked very rusty in a few moments.

Henderson's goal reminds me a lot of Firmino's second in our 4-1 win over Leicester last year. Takes one touch to the side to take the defender out of the game and just passes it in.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

redzerdrog wrote: »

One of the most intelligent players we have. Id like to see him get more game time.

One of the most intelligent players we have. Id like to see him get more game time.

Could've done with him running it to the corner rather than trying to dribble through torrents of defenders near the end though. Good game from him all in all, this is pretty much exactly how he should be used, get him on late to help kill the game off, like against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The match, i wasn't looking for opinions on whether it worth watching me eating beans with brown sauce.

In fairness, we can go to your website for the cam-show on Mondays and Wednesdays for that. Enjoy your weekend, you've earned it.

Henderson's goal reminds me a lot of Firmino's second in our 4-1 win over Leicester last year. Takes one touch to the side to take the defender out of the game and just passes it in.

....]

I think Henderson s left foot is just for standing on TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Augeo wrote: »
    I think Henderson s left foot is just for standing on skipping with TBH.

FYP.:p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement