Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Brad Jones just did this so let's be thankful for Mignolet I say

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He wasn't, but Maguire was, and he's the one that played the ball on to Okazaki, so rightly ruled offside.

I mean the goal he scored,after the foul on.mig

I mean the goal he scored,after the foul on.mig

I think it came off Gomez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Couldn't watch the game but caught the end when Stevie and rio said our defending was much improved despite conceding 2,is this right? Great 3 PTS of course but my honest fear is will we have to score 3 every game to have a chance at winning cos it looks like that at the moment,we weren't far from another 3-3,this place would be in meltdown then,again it's 3 point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Brad Jones just did this so let's be thankful for Mignolet I say

giphy.gif

Karius threatened to do that a few times already this season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Rekop dog wrote: »
    United have faced sides currently in 11th 13th 14th 15th 16th and 18th, and face the 20th next game. Literally haven't met a form side yet. Their 2 quarter of matches are murderous and GD will not look half as impressive.

I was looking at that earlier, they have'nt played even a half decent team yet, they are poxed with lucky fixtures at the right times, nice soft CL group to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Christ I'm not looking forward to the UTD match right now. They're being clinical and our defence is a bunch of blind dogs right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vicxas wrote: »
    Christ I'm not looking forward to the UTD match right now. They're being clinical and our defence is a bunch of blind dogs right now.

Shame Pogba might be missing. He was a ghost in both games last season, especially the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

they havent faced a attacking side like liverpool yet

• Advertisement

The Vardy wiped him out with a late tackle. I dunno what Ref was thinking. A yellow for Vardy all day long.

Ref was poxy all game but I had thought the peno was about the only thing he called correctly.
    But yeah when you see it again Mignolet did actually get the ball and then the pair of them collide.
    Mignolet's contact with the ball was so slight that the ref clearly thought he didn't touch it at all, which is what I thought at the time to be honest.

I can forgive the ref that one but some of the other calls he made were shocking.

Vardy has that Diego Costa streak in him, just a nasty wee git who would do anything to gain an advantage. That dive earlier was typical him.
    You'd probably learn to like his nasty cute hoorism if he was on your team but when he's playing against you, ya just want to strangle him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That just happens to be our only 12.30 KO in our next 15 league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Karius threatened to do that a few times already this season too.

Well it was like 3 or 4 in one game, wasn't it? He seemed to have learned his lesson since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

They will probably have the league won by then so they might take it handy.

Gbear wrote: »
    Well it was like 3 or 4 in one game, wasn't it? He seemed to have learned his lesson since.

Aye, all in the one game is right in fairness.

Good gravy.

21910074_174458953119664_6785305259683086336_n.jpg

That's Naby, for those that can't recognise him yet.

• Advertisement

Good gravy.

A nice pair of Jeffery West shoes would set that outfit off a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Good gravy.

21910074_174458953119664_6785305259683086336_n.jpg

Has a bit of brown sauce in it.

Great bit from the post-match conference with Klopp getting the journalists to explain what "heart in your mouth" means and talking about how it makes no sense as a phrase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Charlie19 wrote: »
    That just happens to be our only 12.30 KO in our next 15 league games.

and right after the International break so getting players back from Brazil again and Mane will have to play 3 games for Senegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Linda gets us.
    What a match. Starting to breathe again. #lfc

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/911658576946528257

• Advertisement

Nice to see Henderson step up. He was due a good game. MOTM for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

2nd on MotD, right after Citeh v Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I'm still not sold on Matip. Yes he's by far our best defender but the rest are muck so the bar is low. A bit light, easily pushed off the ball and is out of position when crosses come into the box.

Thought Sturridge played really well - really composed on the ball and didn't lose possession much. Countinho again was clinical and incisive with the ball, quality.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on Matip. Yes he's by far our best defender but the rest are muck so the bar is low. A bit light, easily pushed off the ball and is out of position when crosses come into the box.

Thought Sturridge played really well - really composed on the ball and didn't lose possession much. Countinho again was clinical and incisive with the ball, quality.

Matip was poor today. Not had a good start to the season.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Yeah, really pleased for him. Gigi did a lot of good work in the helter-skelter moments today but was stuck in mud as far as getting a pass off most of the time.

Will we see some genuine rotation in attack?

Hopefully this notion of no no. 1 GK
    means Ward plays before simple Simon.

It was a very good finish tbf, he gave them the eyes for the far corner.

I actually thought Henderson played well against Leicester during the week.

Matip was poor today. Not had a good start to the season.

He was excellent.

He got repeatedly ****ed by the ref but he was great in the air and got some fantastic blocks and interceptions.

Barely put a foot wrong.

and right after the International break so getting players back from Brazil again and Mane will have to play 3 games for Senegal

Oh Lovely, Why 3?

MOTD saying keeper should have been sent off lol

Winterburn talking rancid, diseased monkey spunk by the gallon on MotD. The makeup team forgot to do him up like Pennywise.

• Advertisement

MOTD saying keeper should have been sent off lol

Looking at it again, If Mig had made better contact with the ball then Vardy could've seen red.

Looking at it again, If Mig had made better contact with the ball then Vardy could've seen red.

Poor Leicester ignoring the Vardy dive and pull back on Mignolet for the 1st goal, and Salah being pulled back before the pen was given lol

Should break the bank and buy Harry Kane, he's some goal scorer for Spurs.

We'd probably get away with the defence we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    Winterburn talking rancid, diseased monkey spunk by the gallon on MotD. The makeup team forgot to do him up like Pennywise.

Instead they did him up like Martin Keown, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Oh Lovely, Why 3?

I think he's wrong, its just one game for Senegal in the October break, and the extra rescheduled game* will be in the November break.

* FIFA ordered an earlier game rescheduled because of a dodgy ref who has been banned for life.

* FIFA ordered an earlier game rescheduled because of a dodgy ref who has been banned for life.

Ugh, but we got the win, I don't want to have to play Leicester again.

Good podcast from TAW.

Going by some of the diets I've read on here (especially yours truly) its worth a listen.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/09/les-lawson-gerard-houllier-and-graeme-souness-why-you-should-take-heart-health-seriously/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Couldn't watch the game but caught the end when Stevie and rio said our defending was much improved despite conceding 2,is this right?

Yeah the defending was generally much improved on recent games. Matip and Lovren did ok.

The goals we conceded were down to the keeper for me. For the first, Mignolet was dragged back but he should have been much stronger. For the second, a good save but he knocked the ball back into the penalty area when you would hope he would knock it over the bar and away from danger. And then there was the penalty, where he was lucky not to get sent off.

Thought Gomez had a poor game at right back. A lot got past him today.

What would Mignolet have been sent off for with the penalty?

• Advertisement

They explicitly changed the rules a year or so ago so to avoid the double penalty around last man challenges.

Now I think it has to be a cynical challenge and preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity to be a straight red.

mosstin wrote: »
    Instead they did him up like Martin Keown, eh?

200.webp#8-grid1

Ha, my snorts of derision and furious sh!t-posting clouded my vision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Martin keown actually said if it was anywhere on the field he would have been sent off. What is he on about. It was clumsy but nothing near a red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

niallo27 wrote: »
    Martin keown actually said if it was anywhere on the field he would have been sent off. What is he on about. It was clumsy but nothing near a red card.

It was never ever a red card. Anyone claiming it to be are talking nonsense and need to consult the laws of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

monkey9 wrote: »
    It was never ever a red card. Anyone claiming it to be are talking nonsense and need to consult the laws of the game.

Red card in my book....for Vardy.
    But that's because he's an odious and despicable cheat.
    Plus, if Mane got a red for a clumsy coming together with a keeper, so should he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

niallo27 wrote: »

Is he loopy. Mignolet only eyes for ball and running sideways on to ball, kicks it and Vardy comes in from his left and hits so hard Mignolet spins in mid air.
    Mignolet made no tackle whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Mig could have used his hands, yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Lovren is the main issue. He should not be playing ,end of story! Move gomez in to CB with Matip. Bring Milner RB as TAA is a but raw defensively.  I think if you have Matip, Milner and Gomez you have a bit of intelligence in the back four and this will make Mignolet and Mad **** Moreno  a bit more relaxed. Moreno does ok but the Minute it goes past the 70 minute his concentration goes and he does bat **** crazy stuff. We have coutinho back now so a front four of Him, Mane, firmino/sturridge, Salah is enough attacking potential and maybe robertson  in LB  instead.
    Winji/can/hendo can rotate.
    Looking forward to Lallana coming back.
    Ox is ****e
    VVD should be bought on the 1st of January for what ever it costs.
    Would like to see Ward get a run in the FA cup.

ElTel wrote: »
    Mig could have used his hands, yes?

This...

I can't see why he chose not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The thing is that migs should have simply lashed the ball into the crowd,but instead he actually was trying a cruyff turn,I mean wtf??

This...

I can't see why he chose not to.

Soft. Jump out and rotate whilst you catch it in your chest, smacking Vardy in the head with your hip whilst ready to chuck a decisive 40yrd throw to firmino to start our next attack...simples.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement