Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

giphy.gif
    Loved the way Wes Morgan cleared out Schmeichel to create the space for the pass into the net. It's the kind of calamity you expect from our own defenders. Maguire looked surprised that it wasn't a free out, he was clearly appealing for some sort of decision from the referee.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Gbear wrote: »
    He was excellent.

He got repeatedly ****ed by the ref but he was great in the air and got some fantastic blocks and interceptions.

Barely put a foot wrong.

He was at fault for the second goal - completely lost Vardy when, like the other defenders in front of him, he was caught ball watching. He did have a few good interceptions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Delighted with that, an important win, Coutinho is such a beautiful player on the ball it's great to have him back and looking sharp.

That is a tough place to go and I feel we would have won comfortably only for the goal before half time, shocking from the ref to fall for the Vardy dive.
    I think we are in better shape then some of our results suggest, full backs are liable to make big mistakes though.
    Gomez was poor in the lead up to their second and Moreno got turned so easily in the passage of play after the penalty and we could have conceded another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I often felt last season we weren't getting enough from Clyne but have to say we are definitely missing him this season. As much potential Gomez and TAA have neither is a natural fullback and have been exposed a little too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mignolet bottled it and that's what cost the peno. As mentioned he could have went with his hands or he could have really went through the ball with a bit of force he would have got a free out in that instance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I often felt last season we weren't getting enough from Clyne but have to say we are definitely missing him this season. As much potential Gomez and TAA have neither is a natural fullback and have been exposed a little too often.

We're only missing him because the only other natural bright full back we have played better at left back and that Flanagan. And he isn't an option really.
    State of the defence is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Our defence is worse than last year as we don't have Milner or Clyne in there, that is no coincidence. Moreno and Gomez are two massive downgrades in that department. I just can't understand how Moreno is 1st choice over Milner at LB now and even more baffling Robertson.

Delighted to see Coutinho is back to his old self and showing why Liverpool were right to not sell at any price. Keep playing like that Phil, you'll get your dream move next summer and can leave the right way.

We are finally going to see the first choice front three with a sharp and firing Coutinho in behind, the prospect is mouthwatering.

How good was Sturridge when he came on?! Held up the ball, took on his man, kept possession, took a few shots, great vision, made the vital pass to Henderson for the 3rd goal. I was actually convinced he was going to take it on himself instead of passing.
    He's needs a couple of goals the confidence looks a bit shot. He has lost his pace, but he's such an intelligent player to be able to bring on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robertson just from the small bit I have seen of him seems to have a bit of a footballing brain about him.

I wonder could we turn him into a bit of a Dennis Irwin and be able to play him on either side fullback positions or is he totally left sided.

With the way we are at the moment I wouldn't mind seeing our only two natural fullbacks we have fit playing at the same time.

Moreno has been decent enough this season so throw both Robertson on as right back and leave Moreno as left back.

It's starting to be reported that Lovren went through a very traumatic incident during the summer when at home with in Croatia involving his children.

Barrett is starting to tweet about it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Moreno has been decent enough this season so throw both Robertson on as right back and leave Moreno as left back.

If anyone said this last year, you'd prob have been leading the mob :)

Yawns wrote: »
    If anyone said this last year, you'd prob have been leading the mob :)

No I've always liked Moreno and stuck up for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I haven't and still haven't forgiven him for the Europa final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

It's starting to be reported that Lovren went through a very traumatic incident during the summer when at home with in Croatia involving his children.

Barrett is starting to tweet about it.
    I saw that a while ago but nothing in his tweets about what happened. Yet anyway.

I saw that a while ago but nothing in his tweets about what happened. Yet anyway.

Lovren had to testify in a court case during the summer and the night before he was to testify his apartment was broken into while he was in it with his kids.

Intimidation or random break in coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just saw MOTD. The two reffing decisions that they chose to highlight was the penalty given and the handball not given.

Apparently Ming should have been sent off and a penalty should have been given for the ball hitting Can arm. Absolute nonsense from the panel.

Ming won the ball and then collided with Vardy, free out if anything. Can one would have been extremely harsh but we've seen them given.

They completely ignored the Vardy dive, I didn't hear them mention the foul on Ming for Leicester first or the pull back on Salah in the build up to the penalty that was given.

You sometimes forget that the players themselves have to deal with ****e off the pitch and it would have a negative impact on their game. Wasn't Loveren the player that was in the media last year, something about his wife having an affair. I remember Klopp giving out about a certain rag on the release of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lovren had to testify in a court case during the summer and the night before he was to testify his apartment was broken into while he was in it with his kids.

Intimidation or random break in coincidence?

Did they Rob is ability to defend??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Charlie19 wrote: »
    This...

I can't see why he chose not to.

IMO he is a good shot stopper, but he lacks that extra bit of bravery. if that is the same scenario and you have Kasper in our goal, then that ball is in the stands and Vardy is in a heap on the deck.
    Mig has done this a few times, not strong or brave enough to go through the centre forward. Football has gone soft. Klavan gave away a yellow card last week by not taking ball and man, you get the impression that some of these fellas are afraid to go in where it hurts or feel that they do not get paid to do so,

• Advertisement

IMO he is a good shot stopper, but he lacks that extra bit of bravery. if that is the same scenario and you have Kasper in our goal, then that ball is in the stands and Vardy is in a heap on the deck.
    Mig has done this a few times, not strong or brave enough to go through the centre forward. Football has gone soft. Klavan gave away a yellow card last week by not taking ball and man, you get the impression that some of these fellas are afraid to go in where it hurts or feel that they do not get paid to do so,

Looking at it again, I think he's actually trying to wrap his foot around the ball and do a Cruyff turn.
    Maybe I'm wrong but going by the view from behind the goal, it looks like that's what he's trying to do. He is fond of it.

https://twitter.com/ToffeeDaft/status/911716456538234880

https://twitter.com/LFC_NEW5/status/718216307624321028

Moreno is a rubbish full back and has no place in a back 4 at PL (top 6) or CL level.

He's no more a natural left back than I'm Spiderman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but if I was, there was one thing Henderson said after the match that I couldn't believe he actually said, and if I was a fan it would really bug me. He said they defended well, fine say that if you keep a clean sheet but 2 goals were let in, that is not defending well.
    I think he should have been annoyed at not having a clean sheet, happy with the win.

rob316 wrote: »

How good was Sturridge when he came on?! Held up the ball, took on his man, kept possession, took a few shots, great vision, made the vital pass to Henderson for the 3rd goal. I was actually convinced he was going to take it on himself instead of passing.
    He's needs a couple of goals the confidence looks a bit shot. He has lost his pace, but he's such an intelligent player to be able to bring on.

A goal & an assist in less than 180 pl minutes I think.
    Strikers (most ) need a run of games and he won't get them with us.

Augeo wrote: »
    Moreno is a rubbish full back and has no place in a back 4 at PL (top 6) or CL level.

If only the coaching staff could find some way of eradicating the plonkerism, he's showing that he can play.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I'm not a Liverpool fan, but if I was, there was one thing Henderson said after the match that I couldn't believe he actually said, and if I was a fan it would really bug me. He said they defended well, fine say that if you keep a clean sheet but 2 goals were let in, that is not defending well.
    I think he should have been annoyed at not having a clean sheet, happy with the win.

No absolute howlers is unfortunately deemed as good defending for us at the moment.

• Advertisement

If only the coaching staff could find some way of eradicating the plonkerism, he's showing that he can play.

Yeah, the plonkerism is inherent Moreno IMO though.

Yeah, the plonkerism is inherent Moreno IMO though.

I think you're right but I'm still optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

To be fair their first goal shouldn't have stood. The peno was marginal. I accept it was a pen. Saying bit was a red is just stupid. He did get the ball but if anything migs was caught and should have had a free. If he went with his hands it would have been given.

Our defending has actually been pretty good recently. The goals we have conceded have been from short moments. Situations where one mistake leads to the goal. But apart from those "movements" the team as a unit have been defending well and doing a good job. There is obviously a confidence issue which is resulting in these individual mistakes but I believe if we can get a couple of clean sheets we will improve confidence and actually start looking better defensively.

People still moaning about Moreno are just looking for a scapegoat.

I'd prefer Moreno as a left winger against he bigger sides but he is doing well right now. In fact he is probably making fewer mistakes than any of our other defenders right now.

The defending was quite good yesterday if you discount the keeper. Although maybe the keeper should be included in that case the defending was shocking.

Mr.H wrote: »

People still moaning about Moreno are just looking for a scapegoat.

I'd prefer Moreno as a left winger against he bigger sides but he is doing well right now. In fact he is probably making fewer mistakes than any of our other defenders right now.

A scapegoat isn't required.
    If Robertson is fit Moreno shouldn't play at left full IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

No absolute howlers is unfortunately deemed as good defending for us at the moment.

Well, Leicester had some comical defending with the Henderson goal, which was taken well.
    Liverpool would be really good if they sorted out the defence.

Well, Leicester had some comical defending with the Henderson goal, which was taken well.
    Liverpool would be really good if they sorted out the defence.

The attack wouldn't be as good if we played more defensively. The Henderson goal wouldn't happen in a more defensive set up for example as your deepest midfielder doesn't go charging forward when 2 1 up. We are so open at the back because we commit so many people forward to the attack. The things that would decrease the amount of goals conceded without compromising the attacking output are a better gk, a cb with a bit of pace and ideally a full back with a bit of height.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Madness to think some people in here wanted us to accept barcas offer for coutinho during the summer.

Once again he showed yesterday why hes our best player and one of our only match winners

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm looking forward now to seeing Mane, Salah, Firmino and Coutinho on the pitch together. It'd be nice to get a couple of wins with cleansheets in a row now, although if we are winning it ultimately doesn't matter if we concede.

ricero wrote: »
    Madness to think some people in here wanted us to accept barcas offer for coutinho during the summer.

Once again he showed yesterday why hes our best player and one of our only match winners

..... he'd not get in the first 11 after arsenal game :pac:

Madness to think some people in here wanted us to pay Roma whatever they wanted for Salah instead of doing the transfer deal of the season. :P

Great work by FSG on both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

for the lads lamenting sakho, howler from him yesterday too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Harry Wilson hat trick, plus someone else....:pac:

https://twitter.com/LFCU23sU18s/status/911875492042731520

All four Liverpool sides won this weekend. A rare alignment that could be a precursor to the end of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

for the lads lamenting sakho, howler from him yesterday too

Sakho's a Palace player. I wish him all the best but how he plays for them is irrelevant to us now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Madness to think that someONE on here spent the entire ****ing summer lambasting the same people who refused to be bullied by Barcelona and their associated noisemakers. Bravo FSG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mosstin wrote: »
    Madness to think that someONE on here spent the entire ****ing summer lambasting the same people who refused to be bullied by Barcelona and their associated noisemakers. Bravo FSG.

Counting down the days already until the january transfer window opens so i can start lambasting FSG again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Is that you, Sergei?

comparethemarket.com-launches-new-Spider-Man-Homecoming-ad-3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sakho's a Palace player. I wish him all the best but how he plays for them is irrelevant to us now.

There are plenty on here that saw him as potentially our best centre back and thought he should be playing despite all the issues he had.

Personally, I'm glad he's gone. I hope he has an awful season and I hope Palace go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I still hope Leicester go down too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hope he plays out of his skin in his next match!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    There are plenty on here that saw him as potentially our best centre back and thought he should be playing despite all the issues he had.

Personally, I'm glad he's gone. I hope he has an awful season and I hope Palace go down.

He's better than lovren & Klavan anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

He's better than lovren & Klavan anyway.

No he really isnt. He may be better than Klaven as he has age on his side but he is at most on par with Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Oh Lovely, Why 3?

I got mixed up thinking it was like Europe with 2 qualifiers along with the rearranged game. It is one in October and 2 in November but Burkina Faso have appealed the decision so we shall see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

eyerer wrote: »
    I still hope Leicester go down too.

They won't. They'll cling on and stay up again

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is the last Brazil game on the Tuesday or Wednesday night in the next break?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement