Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Vicxas wrote: »
    They won't. They'll cling on and stay up again

No way they will be in the bottom five, staying up comfortably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5starpool wrote: »
    Is the last Brazil game on the Tuesday or Wednesday night in the next break?

11.30pm (our time) ko on the Tuesday,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

11.30pm (our time) ko on the Tuesday,

Not too bad then, should be back by Wednesday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Did they Rob is ability to defend??

The man had to defend his family from scumbags in his own home and this is your response?
    Outside of your offensive grammer I'm actually embarrassed for you, that's actually quite disgusting. Have a word with yourself ffs.

The man had to defend his family from scumbags in his own home and this is your response?
    Outside of your offensive grammer I'm actually embarrassed for you, that's actually quite disgusting. Have a word with yourself ffs.

Hardly worth you getting offended by now, is it?

If he can't defend properly because his head isn't right, he should be dropped and counseled until it isn't a problem. If not, it's irrelevant and pointless us discussing his private life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If he can't defend properly because his head isn't right, he should be dropped and counseled until it isn't a problem. If not, it's irrelevant and pointless us discussing his private life.

It wasn't the best judged comment in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr.H wrote: »
    No he really isnt. He may be better than Klaven as he has age on his side but he is at most on par with Lovren.

I prefer Lovren as a human being, and off the field, but purely on ability, I would have Sakho ahead of him at centre back, every day of the week.

What's wrong with Sakho, as a human being?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Augeo wrote: »

Depends what you mean by human being but as a professional footballer (AFAIK) he was late for meetings/training plus he had a poor/jokey attitude which undermined the managers authority.

It's a pity as i liked him on the pitch but off the pitch he couldn't fit into Klopps regime and once that became clear there was only one outcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Best bar: ARN52278.jpg
    From the fridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It’s no Starbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

**** sake lighten up will ya,who are ya his mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nothing wrong with him particularly... I find him a bit annoying, but i've a lot of time for Lovren as a person. Really want him to make it, just such a shame he's never able to find any consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

if lovern were a chocolate bar, he'd be a wispa. Decent at times but never first choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    if lovern were a chocolate bar, he'd be a wispa. Decent at times but never first choice

What are you talking about? Wispas are fantastic and far superior to the Boost bar which itself isn't fit to lace the boots of the moro it replaced.

Drifter or star bar for the win. Lion bar at a push.
    Lovren is akin to a curly wurly. Looks great in its wrapper but is in fact full of holes and is actually less satisfying than a chomp, which it desperately wants to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

It was an awful 'joke' about a Liverpool player. I didn't find it in the best taste and said as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Well we all know which bar sturridge is anyway....

Timeout bar innit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Moreno's a flake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mignolet - Catch..?

(We were all thinking it... )

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

It was an awful 'joke' about a Liverpool player. I didn't find it in the best taste and said as much.

Would you have been as quick to comment if it was about Phil Jones or similar?

It was harmless.

Lovren was equally as sh1t prior to the incident and/or his wife being a dirty mare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Our defence is a kit Kat, breaks under pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Can is definitely a Marble bar. Fcuking gorgeous but unlikely to stick around.

What's a marble bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Something about Matip and KitKats as he's trying to play as all 4 defenders at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

First rule of nitpicking someone's grammar on the internet: have a word with yourself and don't do it.

Second rule: spell grammar correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This be my team for Tuesday , I reckon give Firmino a rest as he looks nackered lately ,
    Also id try Milner right full Trent and Gomez have been getting the run around lately,
    Migs,
    Milner, Lovern Matip, Moreno
               hendo  Can
    Salah       Cou       Mane
                  Studge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I doubt Klopp will rest Firmino in such an important game.
    Sturridge will be used towards the end of games and maybe start some home games when we expect to dominate possession imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Reading between the lines, I think that we'll only see Milner at full back on either side if injuries nobble every other alternative. Seems like he's only training for the midfield positions, he and Klopp appear to have had some sort of conversation about where he wouldn't be playing this season, i.e. full back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

the Boost bar which itself isn't fit to lace the boots of the moro it replaced.
    Boost and Moro are poor imitations of the original Starbar - that was a jaw breaker of a chocolate bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Talisman wrote: »
    Boost and Moro are poor imitations of the original Starbar - that was a jaw breaker of a chocolate bar.

loved an aul topic meself

Cadbury Picnic, with a cuppa tay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

This be my team for Tuesday , I reckon give Firmino a rest as he looks nackered lately ,
    Also id try Milner right full Trent and Gomez have been getting the run around lately,
    Migs,
               hendo  Can
                  Studge

If one of your 25 year old players is "nackered" before October you've got bigger problems.

Firmino will not be rested tomorrow, almost no chance of that. I expect Coutinho to come in for Wijnaldum. TAA will obviously start, Karius back in too. Those are the changes we'll see I reckon.

• Advertisement

The opposition are pure ****e anyway, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The opposition are pure ****e anyway, thankfully.

Nothing offers you respite from crap form like playing Liverpool it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Migs,
               hendo  Can
                  Studge

If one of your 25 year old players is "nackered" before October you've got bigger problems.
    Not really could be carrying a knock or anything hard for us the public to know but he certainly hasn't looked as sharp in the last 2 weeks

Nothing chills my blood like reading words like 'without a win/goal/clean sheet since...' in a match preview of opposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well we all know which bar sturridge is anyway....

Timeout bar innit :)

True, he does tend to be a wafer long periods every season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Should be no players rested tomorrow night. Don't play Newcastle until 4:30pm on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

corwill wrote: »
    Cadbury Picnic, with a cuppa tay.

away with yer raisins!! Ugh :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Sturridge is a flake surely

The only concern I'd have is that we played Sat, so presumably no training of note yesterday and a light session today prior to the flight to Moscow.

J Mysterio wrote: »

Yeah................. "Klopp has therefore already shown that he can organise a defence to a decent level, so unless he has mysteriously forgotten how to do it over the summer, the recent deterioration must have some other explanation."

That suggests that conceding 42 PL games over a season is to be considered a decent level ......... it clearly needs to be improved upon if we are to consolidate out 4th place of last year.

Yeah................. "Klopp has therefore already shown that he can organise a defence to a decent level, so unless he has mysteriously forgotten how to do it over the summer, the recent deterioration must have some other explanation."

That suggests that conceding 42 PL games over a season is to be considered a decent level ......... it clearly needs to be improved upon if we are to consolidate out 4th place of last year.

No, you have understood it incorrectly and made a faulty extrapolation.

He is saying that for Liverpool, it is better to focus on attack and keep the play in the opposition's half.

He is saying that by doing, Liverpool are actually restricting the opposition to very few chances.

Less chances for opposition is good, we obviously need to ensure they dont convert such a high proportion of the few chances they get.

That suggests that conceding 42 PL goals over a season is to be considered a decent level ......... it clearly needs to be improved upon if we are to consolidate out 4th place of last year.
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    No, you have understood it incorrectly and made a faulty extrapolation.

He is saying that for Liverpool, it is better to focus on attack and keep the play in the opposition's half.

He is saying that by doing, Liverpool are actually restricting the opposition to very few chances.

Less chances for opposition is good, we obviously need to ensure they dont convert such a high proportion of the few chances they get.

So you are saying we need to concede less ?
    Just becasue I don't paraphrase an entire article that doesn't mean I've understood it incorrectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

skysports-wayne-rooney-simon-francis_4109112.jpg?20170925130536Oops

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement