Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I'm already sick of the 'Fab Four' references...

Let's get Lallana back in the side so we can go with 'Famous Five' instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm already sick of the 'Fab Four' references...

Let's get Lallana back in the side so we can go with 'Famous Five' instead.

May as well chuck in Gini & Can while you're at it then

secret-seven-2.gif

Although we should probably avoid using the abbreviation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

kopite386 wrote: »
    Stevie G's assistant manager for the u18's and (19's in Europe) then eventually the two of them for the first team with Carra as defensive coach ? ;) oh what a dream team that would be :D

And Reina as goalkeeping coach

• Great story lads, should probably go into the good side thread but feeling it might be better placed here

https://twitter.com/mikesanz19/status/912614074067881985

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Might get a sausage roll.

More of a cornish pastie fan myself. Sausage rolls need to be high-end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can see Salah and perhaps Firmino rested tonight. Mane and Sturridge coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

murpho999 wrote: »
    Don't like tattoos myself but it's up to people themselves to decide what they want to do with their body. She's talking through her hoop.

Why are these people like Brenda Power, David Quinn etc given airtime? What makes them an authority.

I wish RTE would stop using them.

Great insight. How will we do tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Knex. wrote: »
    Can see Salah and perhaps Firmino rested tonight. Mane and Sturridge coming in.

Firmino taken off after 60 minutes at the weekend, I'd say he'll start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Don't like tattoos myself but it's up to people themselves to decide what they want to do with their body. She's talking through her hoop.

Why are these people like Brenda Power, David Quinn etc given airtime? What makes them an authority.

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What has this got to do with sausage rolls? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Moreno's gonna be ringing liveline in the afternoon.

I found the thread: Tattoo's: Claire Byrne Live.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057790840

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What has this got to do with sausage rolls? :confused:

Tattoos originated in the South Pacific island of Tahiti
    Tahiti is part of French Polynesia.
    The French Polunesian Flag has a canoe on it.
    The largest canoe in the world is 44 metres long.
    44 is a fibionacci number.
    Fiboacci was an Italian mathematician.
    Italy were knocke out of Euro 2016 by Germany.
    Sausages are traditonaly German.
    Sausages rolls are made with sausages.

See?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who are Brenda Power & David Quinn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MATCH FACTS

Spartak Moscow and Liverpool's only previous Champions League encounter was in the 2002-03 first group stage. Liverpool won both games 8-1 on aggregate, including a 3-1 victory in Russia.
    Spartak Moscow have won only two of their past 17 home games in the Champions League (D5 L10). They've also kept only one clean sheet in their past 18 games on home soil in the competition.
    Spartak Moscow have won only five of their past 36 Champions League games (D6 L25). They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past 11 outings in the competition.
    Spartak Moscow's last 19 Champions League goals have all been scored from inside the box.
    Spartak Moscow have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League only once in their 11 previous appearances, in 1995-96 (quarter-finalists).
    Meanwhile, this is Liverpool's 10th Champions League campaign, and only their second appearance in the group stages in the past eight seasons. They have not reached the knockout stages of the Champions League since 2008-09.
    Liverpool have failed to win any of their past six Champions League games (D3 L3), their longest run without a victory in the competition. They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past eight Champions League games.
    Liverpool have won only one of their past seven away games in the Champions League (D3 L3) - this coming against Debrecen in November 2009 (1-0).
    Liverpool had 17 more shots than their opponents Sevilla, the biggest positive differential that did not lead to a win on matchday one of this season's Champions League (2-2).
    Spartak Moscow striker Luiz Adriano didn't have a single shot on target but conceded more fouls than any other player on matchday one (6).
    Liverpool's Roberto Firmino was the only player to miss a penalty on matchday one (out of six attempted).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    cheeky bid for gareth barry?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41293513

What year is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

emmetkenny wrote: »

Ha ha, sorry lads! Wrong thread!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Who are Brenda Power & David Quinn?

Spartak's CB pairing for tonight

Call yourself a fan? ffs do some research :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

x43r0 wrote:
    Call yourself a fan? ffs do some research

Too busy watching hurling replays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think i'm going to go in the Tattoo thread and complain about how **** Lovren is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What time in Ireland will the game be over ? I might get to the pub to watch it !

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think i'm going to go in the Tattoo thread and complain about how **** Lovren is.

Ask them if we can get Agger back as well, will ya?

cjmc wrote: »
    What time in Ireland will the game be over ? I might get to the pub to watch it !

7.45 KO
    8.45 2nd half KO ish
    Finish at 9.40 ish all in

Augeo wrote: »
    7.45 KO
    8.45 2nd half KO ish
    Finish at 9.40 ish all in

+ Complain about our defence until 01:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Then all the weird theories come out.

Which is impressive caus even during the day the theories here are insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

That's January 2030 right?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    Then all the weird theories come out.

Which is impressive caus even during the day the theories here are insane.

Theories like Klopp doesn't work on defending or that he doesn't realise we have a problem that could seemingly be solved at a stroke by hiring a defence coach?

5starpool wrote: »
    Theories like Klopp doesn't work on defending or that he doesn't realise we have a problem that could seemingly be solved at a stroke by hiring a defence coach?

Exactly,

Lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

MATCH FACTS

Spartak Moscow and Liverpool's only previous Champions League encounter was in the 2002-03 first group stage. Liverpool won both games 8-1 on aggregate, including a 3-1 victory in Russia.
    Spartak Moscow have won only two of their past 17 home games in the Champions League (D5 L10). They've also kept only one clean sheet in their past 18 games on home soil in the competition.
    Spartak Moscow have won only five of their past 36 Champions League games (D6 L25). They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past 11 outings in the competition.
    Spartak Moscow's last 19 Champions League goals have all been scored from inside the box.
    Spartak Moscow have reached the knockout stages of the Champions League only once in their 11 previous appearances, in 1995-96 (quarter-finalists).
    Meanwhile, this is Liverpool's 10th Champions League campaign, and only their second appearance in the group stages in the past eight seasons. They have not reached the knockout stages of the Champions League since 2008-09.
    Liverpool have failed to win any of their past six Champions League games (D3 L3), their longest run without a victory in the competition. They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their past eight Champions League games.
    Liverpool have won only one of their past seven away games in the Champions League (D3 L3) - this coming against Debrecen in November 2009 (1-0).
    Liverpool had 17 more shots than their opponents Sevilla, the biggest positive differential that did not lead to a win on matchday one of this season's Champions League (2-2).
    Spartak Moscow striker Luiz Adriano didn't have a single shot on target but conceded more fouls than any other player on matchday one (6).
    Liverpool's Roberto Firmino was the only player to miss a penalty on matchday one (out of six attempted).

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2AR94LxPl04N78NzKjXbvAz_fuM0QFgkEbPUIKOz9y4xHeBrC

Should be ok tonight I reckon :)

• Advertisement

Exactly,

Lunacy.

What about all the stick the GK coach gets?
    I reckon that's lunacy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Augeo wrote: »
    What about all the stick the GK coach gets?
    I reckon that's lunacy tbh.

200.webp#160-grid1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

21949997_10156051658712573_363112941929220550_o.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d4a92b3090c38c8f0993f8246067cf2f&oe=5A44A273

Team seems up earlier than usual.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

First time the front 4 will all play since the Bayern game in pre-season. No Robertson even on the bench again.

Strong lineup.

The lack of Robertson is really annoying me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I really don't understand this swapping keepers craic, klopps says migs is our no 1 , then why the **** would you play your no 2 keeper in the cl,it makes zero sense,if you want to do well in cl then surely you play your no 1 keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm very willing to give Oxlade-Chamberlain a chance, and I think he does genuinely have something to offer once Klopp has had some time with him. Was much improved in his cameo 10 minutes over the weekend.

But. Every time I see his name on the subs bench where it would have been Woodburns, it stings a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ballyargus wrote: »
    More of a cornish pastie fan myself. Sausage rolls need to be high-end
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Tattoos originated in the South Pacific island of Tahiti
    Tahiti is part of French Polynesia.
    The French Polunesian Flag has a canoe on it.
    The largest canoe in the world is 44 metres long.
    44 is a fibionacci number.
    Fiboacci was an Italian mathematician.
    Italy were knocke out of Euro 2016 by Germany.
    Sausages are traditonaly German.
    Sausages rolls are made with sausages.

See?

the 8 degrees of sausie rolls game

Ox is probably the most experienced CL player in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ox is probably the most experienced CL player in the squad.

Above all else, we know that he'll do a job when called fourth from the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I really don't understand this swapping keepers craic, klopps says migs is our no 1 , then why the **** would you play your no 2 keeper in the cl,it makes zero sense,if you want to do well in cl then surely you play your no 1 keeper

I agree. I'm going to start kneeling through You'll Never Walk Alone until he changes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Apologies if asked, we on the tv ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nope, well BT I presume. TV3 are going with Real v Dortmund I think

That front four! :D

That back four! :p

Strong lineup.

The lack of Robertson is really annoying me.

Indeed x2.
    Wij making way for coutinho in midfield is a positive though. He's been a passenger for much of the season so far. Recycling ball etc accepted.

That front 4 with Can & Henderson as holding midfielders in front of that back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Really don't get why people are so upset about Robertson. It obvious he will either start or not be in the squad when we have someone luke Milner who can play lb in a emergency.

Robertson has been decent so far one excellent game, one poor game and solid in between. It's not as if it's Ashley Cole in his prime. He will play plenty of games this season and his link up play will improve as the games go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ah poxy. No BT Sport on Virgin.

Im noticing a distinct lack of match threads these days.

Sign of the times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

People thought they caused bad luck :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote:
    Im noticing a distinct lack of match threads these days.

If things are going bad one will show up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement