Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

110m pounds roughly with a bank transfer. Less if sending by Western Union .

If Barca come in again with a bid in excess of €125m if I was FSG I'd be looking at what a decent CL run brings in £ wise, and wondering how far are Barca willing to go.

Like "Real Madrid beat Juventus in the Final of 2017 Champions League to retain the title but it will be Juventus who will take home bigger chunk of Prize Money. Real Madrid will make around €89.5 million (thats €54.2m in performance based money and another €35.3m in market pool) While Juventus will be making around €101.1 million ($50.6m in market pool and another €51.1m performance based)"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Of course the club would have taken that at the start of the summer it would have been smashing the then world record transfer fee.

But that kind of money wouldn't have been offered then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It will be a real shame to see Coutinho leave. He has progressed so well at Liverpool. If the club sell him for £113m if will be serious business.
    Very difficult to replace him though.

This was likely to happen after Barca's loss to Real. They are panic buying and I'm still not sure if we are squeezing them for more and more, or if we are simply not selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Probably £50m straight up, £70 million once Coutinho is declared a God and the balance ;1 a day once his contract expires.

Edit: It's Euros and not pounds. £114m

Was just about to post the same thing 100m if alien life is discovered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

SlickRic wrote: »
    Well done.

Barca can fúck off.

He's no release clause, they've 200m in the kitty and are desperate.

Absolutely no need to sell.

But you're left with a very valuable player who doesn't want to play for your club.

How does Liverpool benefit from this?

I dunno how Coutinho will perform if he stays. When he scores he normally looks frustrated, how will he look if he stays. I can't see him celebrating a thing if he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It doesn't matter what else Barcelona add onto that, it'd only be swallowed up by clubs who know we have it when we try to buy their players with so little time left. The other option is to not spend it, which would be disastrous. The only realistic outcome is that we keep him and hope he cops on when the window shuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

But you're left with a very valuable player who doesn't want to play for your club.

Suarez didnt want to play for lfc either but ended up staying and having his best season in a red shirt. No way phil downs tools and sulks for a season with the world cup on next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's all games, he needs to be playing to go to the World cup, once that window shuts he'll change his tune. Club are managing it well by saying he's injured not refusing to play.

If he wants to play in the World Cup he'll soon get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

If he stays he'll just have to buckle down to it. World Cup next Summer. He can't exactly spend the season sulking if he wants to be involved with Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Even if he doesn't want to play for Liverpool, once the window shuts it's no longer Liverpool or Barcelona, it's Liverpool or nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I dunno how Coutinho will perform if he stays. When he scores he normally looks frustrated, how will he look if he stays. I can't see him celebrating a thing if he stays.

In a World Cup year, he'll work his bollocks off. Everything in really in Liverpool's favour right now.

Still think he'll go on deadline day like Torres, but by then, the replacement(s) will hopefully be secured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

By the way, as frustrating as this is for us... Sanchez, Coutinho, Dembele, VVD, Keita.. good too see agent/player power seemingly not as strong this season.

£118m including add-ons was the bid.

If Barcelona were absolutely serious they'd of not spent 40m on Paulinho and come to Liverpool with an unconditional one payment €150m bid to get it done, then I don't think you could blame FSG for going back on their word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Ronaldo said he wanted out of real a few months ago..still there
    Keita wanted out of Leipzig...still there
    Van dijk wants out of Southampton..still there
    Dembele wants out of Dortmund..still there

All four have stated publicly they want away yet Coutinho has not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

BBC reporting WBA are interested in Sakho with a £30m pound fee being mentioned. It's all away to fook!

doc_17 wrote: »
    BBC reporting WBA are interested in Sakho with a £30m pound fee being mentioned. It's all away to fook!

Positive net spend incoming

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Ronaldo said he wanted out of real a few months ago..still there
    Keita wanted out of Leipzig...still there
    Van dijk wants out of Southampton..still there
    Dembele wants out of Dortmund..still there

All four have stated publicly they want away yet Coutinho has not.

My mistake

I thought Coutinho handed in a Transfer request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ya, saw that. With all the complete nonsense spouted this time of year, at the very least it's the Beeb reporting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Suarez is a freak of nature.

Just because he played out of his skin after not being sold doesn't mean Coutihno will do the same.

Also, he isn't at the level Suarez was at when he was sold or even the level he was at the summer before he was sold.

Personally I'd cash in now while the value is being pushed up by Barca's desperation. If Coutihno's performance levels drop due to his head not being in it, who's to say Barcelona will even be back in for him next summer? And if they are we won't be getting as much.

Sell and add most of the funds to it what we were all ready prepared to offer for Keita and Van Dijk and just spend what evers left over on another attacking option, Draxler maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's mad, Pulis can turn any old player into a centre back. Why spend 30m on an actual one? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Hopefully the club retain their backbone on Coutinho. It makes no sense for us to sell, only to use the proceeds to buy up Southampton's best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

rob316 wrote: »
    £118m including add-ons was the bid.

If Barcelona were absolutely serious they'd of not spent 40m on Paulinho and come to Liverpool with an unconditional one payment €150m bid to get it done, then I don't think you could blame FSG for going back on their word.

Be very interested in the structure of it. Wouldn't be surprised if they were looking to spread it over three or four years.

If Johnny Evans is worth £22m Sakho must be worth £40m ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Would it be the end of the world if he was sold and Liverpool managed to get in VVD and Draxler? Or Howedes and Keita? Or someone like Keita?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Guess we will see if klopp really wants shot of sakho or not if the 30million bid is true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The squad still needs at least two bodies in, CB and CM being the positions the club looked to strengthen. If Coutinho is let go we need a third.
    And that's just the minimum we need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Great news from Joyce there saying FSG/Liverpool immediately rejected the bid. When I saw the fee reported, 120m, I had wondered if it would make them blink, considering the noises from Coutinho's camp recently and his persistence with the "sore back" story.

Very interesting to see how we progress from here now, although I do wish I could fast forward to when the window shuts.

If anything, all the extra money in the game is making it harder to sign players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

It's weird Barca haven't turned their attention to Jesse Lingard yet, maybe he'd be too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

so tired of this now,cant even enjoy the football with all the malarky going on,with all clubs. sooner they draw up new transfer window plans the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

so tired of this now,cant even enjoy the football with all the malarky going on,with all clubs. sooner they draw up new transfer window plans the better.

It's basic to me. Close the window when leagues start & open when they end. The Italian & Spanish leagues start this weekend so I don't see any advantage they get.
    Glad we turned down the bid as we just don't get any quality replacement in 2 weeks, neutrals can't see that no matter how many times it's said to them.
    I'd like to see us go make a signing or 2 but it's unlikely to be a significant one now, even if Sakho gets moved to WBA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Well done FSG. Probably only one more bid to come from Barca this window I'd imagine, so stay strong lads and tell them to piss off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Augeo wrote: »
    ........ have you played ball ever at a decent level ?............

Please expand on the decent level you are alluding to have played at.
    Is that the same guy that bragged about playing at a certain level before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »

Sounds like there's a few Barca employees on here having difficulty grasping this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

the way I see it is his value won't drop. In this crazy new world of big money we could well see a player go for 300 Million next summer. If we survive this year we could get another 50 million on that fee. Not to mention he will want to play at the world cup and if he does well he could create interest from psg

• Advertisement

Milkers wrote: »
    It's weird Barca haven't turned their attention to Jesse Lingard yet, maybe he'd be too expensive.

I don't think they'd risk another Neymar debacle and him leaving for PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

brevity wrote: »
    Would it be the end of the world if he was sold and Liverpool managed to get in VVD and Draxler? Or Howedes and Keita? Or someone like Keita?

No but I haven't seen much evidence that we are going to sign any good players yet. In that case I'd prefer to hang onto the good ones we already have.

If I thought we would be capable of getting deals done for VVD, Keita and/or Draxler I'd be sure take the money and run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

The bid was 82 mill, rest was all add-ons that may/may not happen. So it wouldn't even have been enough to buy 2 Gylfi Sigurdssons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Coutinho staying is almost irrelevant. Whether he is at the club or not we will still throw games away because we have a poor defence and a goalkeeper that can't command his box. Number one priority is a player that can lead at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Probably an unpopular opinion but Jonny Evans wouldn't be a bad signing. What held him back at utd was his poor injury record which seems to have improved at wba.

I'm not sure he will hold his value. The whole thing could go belly up very soon. I know we've been saying this for 10 years but this type of money sloshing around looks unsustainable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Joyce now saying Coutinho has again said he never wants to play another game for Liverpool.

I say keep him, but bring in someone like Draxler to play instead of him anyway.

Any club that buys Sakho gets a bargain as they are paying last season prices, not current prices.
    So when will the exclusive interview happen, will Coutinho do what Sterling did and invite the media around for a one on one .

They paid 8 million for him...they'll get more than that when he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Never wants to play for lfc again? What did he sign a new contract for so?
    And why so drastic? All big bad lfc ever did was give him opportunity and bags of cash and backing.
    Chap doesn't know which side of his bread is buttered.

Bid was inclusive on HUGE add ons, so a sneaky attempt to make it look like a decent bid.
    It's a weak bid in fact.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement