Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Christ Bobby you dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Nevermind all the time wasting which is about as frustrating as out wasted chances but I can't believe there is a player coming on with the number 99 jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Oh ffs Bobby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge and Firmino competing to be worst forward tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

kopite386 wrote: »
    Nevermind all the time wasting which is about as frustrating as out wasted chances but I can't believe there is a player coming on with the number 99 jersey

Are you sure you did't see TAA get fouled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As soon as that substitute keeper came on, we all knew he was going to make a name for himself. It's the Liverpool way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

We only have ourselves to blame for not taking as many changes as we've had but we better not concede here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah misses sitters so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Horse****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

straight at him innit ?

I'm not watching any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Sturridge has been completely useless on the ball.

LFC wasting so many great chances

Christ Bobby you dope

That was THE chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For all the defensive concerns we have missed an awful amount of chances in the past few weeks.

Terrible from Firmino. Played it behind him.

Over a hundred chances in 5 games yes we can blame the defence for their mistakes that cost us points and gets us knocked out of cups but the misses are far more concerning right now if 1/10 of them go in we are winning those 5 games.

Salah misses sitters so much

Need to see it again but I think it was a bad pass to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Struggling to remember a more infuriating Liverpool team to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

why are we hitting long balls ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So..... the fearsome foursome.... brginnign to think this "fastest attack in the league" tag is a bit of a misnomer.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I'm not watching any more.

Yes you are!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    That was THE chance

The Sturridge one was easier I'd say.

To be honest, we've had 4 or 5 very very score-able chances and positions.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes you are!:)

No I'm not but I can't prove it.

Salah had a lot to do there, to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    We score loads of goals. Bobby does so much more than just score. If people can't recognize that at this stage then i don't know what to say... :confused:

His point was hardly that contentious. There's nobody there that will get 20 league goals. Yes there's plenty that chip in elsewhere but you want than central striker to score scrappy ones as well as extravagant. The three strikers he mentioned would get in ahead of Bobby every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's a very frustrating match to watch. Liverpool were and and are the better team. I have no worries about getting out of the group. We'll smash Moscow about four nil at Anfield and beat Maribor twice.

I'm not one of these who are overly concerned about winning the group because of who you can get in the second round. Whoever you get, you get. So what if you win the group to get a Spartak type club in the second round only to lose to a Barca in the quarter finals. So what if you get Barca in the second round then when coming runners up in the group?

You get who you get in the second round and that's it. If you're gonna win the cup, you'll need to beat the other big clubs eventually.

But it's so frustrating watching a match that was more or less comfortable throughout and one that we should have won by a couple of goals at least.

I still believe we can win the group, but two dropped points like tonight, and to an extent at home to Sevilla, doesn't help.

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Struggling to remember a more infuriating Liverpool team to watch.

Roy Hodgson's side springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

About 15 minutes of actual football played in that 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Matip is bloody useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ugh, I've had enough of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

murpho999 wrote:

I think this side is worse because you know they can be so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mada999 wrote:
    why are we hitting long balls ??

I had to laugh at Klopp f*cking ate Wijnaldum & 30 seconds later Matip does it again.
    A sh!te result against such a god awful team.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    The Sturridge one was easier I'd say.

To be honest, we've had 4 or 5 very very score-able chances and positions.

Was it fnck :)
    Easy pass to salah and it's a tap in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Decent result, ran them ragged.

Six points against Maribor will see things in our own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Not the end of the world a point away in Russia but again our lack of finishing is letting us down.

Said it the other week but the finishing is more of a worry than the defending for me at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Half of the added time spent wheeling that lad off the pitch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

murpho999 wrote: »

Yeah, I mean at least this is infuriating in a 'heart palpitations' kind of way... Hodgsons was infuriating in a 'I actually genuinely hate every aspect of watching my team' way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's what happens when you don't want to play or buy a striker. Plenty of creative midfielders and attackers, no real goal-scorers outside of Sturridge who's career is on the wane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Over a hundred chances in 5 games yes we can blame the defence for their mistakes that cost us points and gets us knocked out of cups but the misses are far more concerning right now if 1/10 of them go in we are winning those 5 games.

5 games
    119 shots on goal
    31 on target
    7 goals

One goal every seventeen chances.

(Stats from BBC)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Absolutely no reason to believe we can do any better in front of goal against Maribor and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see us end up in th EL.

Our attack is all blood and thunder and absolutely no finesse or quality.

Let's be clear. Moscow are absolute **** and that's an apalling result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

That was infuriating. Moscow were atrocious but we just couldnt find the composure to finish them. Must say Moreno had a good game tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Good God it's so hard to watch Liverpool at the moment, so frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Karius was a spectator. And still fcked it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

''Liverpool remain under pressure to go through '' What is Lineker on .
    6pts against the weaker team, sparta at home should be 9 pts to go with the 2 we have
    11 pts and a game away to Seville which we could win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Probably get out of the group alright as we should beat Maribor in the next two games and Spartak at home. Might have to win in Sevilla though to top the group.

Either way hard to see us beating anybody good after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Pathetic,this lack of finishing is becoming a big big worry,that Moscow team is the worst cl team I've seen in many a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

5 games
    119 shots on goal
    31 on target
    7 goals

One goal every seventeen chances.

(Stats from BBC)

Terrible that is worse than the defensive mistakes for me.

• Advertisement

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    I think this side is worse because you know they can be so much better

I don't think we're as good as many think and system combined with poor defenders means we leak goals which is never good.

It's still a lot better than 5-7 years ago and hopefully Klopp is building for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Solid draw from a tough away fixture. Unlucky not to win it but a pleasing result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Coutinho went missing 2nd half. Firmino useless. One of sturridge worst performance for a long time. Salah needs to improve his finishing. Matip making silly mistakes all night.
    Henderson was ok and TAA the obly player trying to grab the gane by the neck. Cant believe Moreno didn't mess up our chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Should have won that, easily. The attack should have finished their chances, but both of their keepers made a lot of good saves. Had our keeper saved the one decent fcuking shot they had we'd be walking away with 3 points.

Sturridge was shít. He's supposed to be the "best finisher in our team" he was given chances on a plate and decided to either sky the ball, swing and miss it entirely or dance around on it until he was dispossessed or his shin pad fell off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

An attacking team with all the risks but none of the rewards.

Salah's another string to the bow but without a proper CF we're not scoring our way to a title challenge and we certainly don't have the the sort of world class personnel in the rest of the team where we're ever going to be able to play without giving up a lot of goals.

We're going to absolutely cane some team one of these days and people will say "see, we're great at attack" but it's far more important to be clinical than it is to create lots of chances.
    Thats what creates consistency.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement