Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This won't be popular and I really don't like him from what I have seen of his life in the media he is a horrible person..

But we could do with a nasty bast@rd like Vardy as our main striker.

He runs all day his dirty win at all cost mentality is something this squad lacks.

I dunno.

Firminho works his arse off for me.

There's just a gap in the middle when he drops.

I don't think goals are the issue here personally.

Its all about team balance and the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Excuses excuses excuses.... A predictable, saveble penalty that the BT graphics predicted, and weak coming for and flapping at the cross.
    Wow I guess it doesn't count then, never mind that none of the other Premier League keepers were saving his predictable penalty. Give him some fcuking credit ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

noodler wrote: »
    I dunno.

Firminho works his arse off for me.

There's just a gap in the middle when he drops.

I don't think goals are the issue here personally.

Its all about team balance and the defence.

Its more the nasty win at all costs mentality that we lack.

Vardy, Costa, Luis have this it makes them unlikeable if they aren't in your team but you love them when they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's not even close to the corner. He doesn't even get a fingertip to it. Why is he keeping his two hands together like that? Stretch and get a hand to the fcuking ball, you're 6'2 not a child.

giphy.gif

He's standing almost in the centre of the goal and the ball arrives not too far off centre. Just dreadful.

He's standing almost in the centre of the goal and the ball arrives not too far off centre. Just dreadful.

It's like he was actually never taught how to dive, he can't move 2 yards to his left in that amount of time somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Wow I guess it doesn't count then, never mind that none of the other Premier League keepers were saving his predictable penalty. Give him some fcuking credit ffs.

He saved a penalty of his own making. If he put his foot through the ball or use his hands then its no penalty, instead he makes a balls of it by slicing the ball....

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That Spartak side are very poor. Inexcusable not to beat them. Terrible last ball and finishing by multiple people. Defence did their job mostly, Henderson was good.

There was a lot of power in the free, but Karius will be disappointed with it I'd say. Can the biggest culprit for it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Imagine what a player like Morata or Kane could score in this team. So often there’s just no focal point to the attack.

No doubt in my mind that we qualify, just so frustrating that we're throwing away 1st place. Our next 2 games are Maribor home and away, 6 points from them is a must. During that time we'll have to hope Sevilla drop some points and go from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Imagine what a player like Morata or Kane could score in this team. So often there’s just no focal point to the attack.

aye it's mad when we have 2 good wingers there's no one to head the ball in from crosses..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Brad Jones in goal for Feyenoord tonight against Napoli. Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So we have 2 crap keepers,a rubbish defence,and forwards who can't score,
    Does that mean we're just ****e

Don't forget our dithering midfield, well, Can at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

We got a draw in Russia, regardless of the team that’s a result you take every day of the week. But something really doesn’t feel right...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The free kick was hit over a 5 man wall and there was a fair bit of pace on the ball, I really don't see why Karius is receiving so much critism.

He actually positioned himself quite well but didn't have much time to react becaus of how well hit the kick was.

mada999 wrote: »
    aye it's mad when we have 2 good wingers there's no one to head the ball in from crosses..

Salah score a lovely header at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Salah score a lovely header at the weekend.

ah i mean a target man CF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So we have 2 crap keepers,a rubbish defence,and forwards who can't score,
    Does that mean we're just ****e

Nope.

No doubt in my mind that we qualify, just so frustrating that we're throwing away 1st place. Our next 2 games are Maribor home and away, 6 points from them is a must. During that time we'll have to hope Sevilla drop some points and go from there.

We probably want Sevilla to win those games, or at least get 4 points to put Moscow out of the running pretty much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A good keeper saves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's not even close to the corner. He doesn't even get a fingertip to it. Why is he keeping his two hands together like that? Stretch and get a hand to the fcuking ball, you're 6'2 not a child.

giphy.gif

Ball has just about entering goal when he reacted, very poor. He seemed to get distracted by that player entering the box to his right. Has a look right when kick was taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

We got a draw in Russia, regardless of the team that’s a result you take every day of the week. But something really doesn’t feel right...

Bull. This was a desperately poor Spartak side, short of confidence and shorn of two of their best players, one of whom - Promes - we'd allegedly been linked with in the past.

mada999 wrote: »
    ah i mean a target man CF

Firmino scored a header against Arsenal and was denied another one today by a very good save :p

5starpool wrote: »
    We probably want Sevilla to win those games, or at least get 4 points to put Moscow out of the running pretty much.

Whatever results make it so that first place comes down to our final game against Sevilla and I'm happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a nothing save, it's a catch for Mignolet, a simple catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

This won't be popular and I really don't like him from what I have seen of his life in the media he is a horrible person..

But we could do with a nasty bast@rd like Vardy as our main striker.

He runs all day his dirty win at all cost mentality and out and out goals from a centre forward is something this squad lacks.

Think the word you are looking for is 'snide'.

And we have zero in our team. It's not only up top. A critical area where you need snide is in defence and midfield. If you have it as a forward (Suarez for example) its a bonus and you really miss it when its gone.

Our team plays with an u-14 mentality. It's wholesome and good and you win fu*k all.

The massive job on this defence should have started 2 years ago and whats worse, useless c**ts like Karius and Klavan should never have got through the gate.

Tv3 now showing highlights of the game they showed in full earlier.

Shakes fist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

NukaCola wrote: »
    A good keeper saves it.

A good keeper catches it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

No it's not. I expected three points coming into this match. This isn't Moscow in the 80s in the freezin cold and snow and Communism. This was grand weather in a lovely stadium on a super pitch against a poor Spartak team. Combined how the actual match itself played out, it's two points dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Henderson had so little pressure on his position he looked good tonight.

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    A good keeper catches it tbh.

Exactly this, any other goalkeeper the ball is caught and the commentators call it a poor free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

It's a nothing save, it's a catch for Mignolet, a simple catch.

If that is the case then the corner that Karius came and punch is probably a flap from Mignolet.

Yeh am disappointed he didn't save it but it's not as bad as what some are saying, plenty of power on it and sees it late. As said above Can is the main culprit and has been awful all season apart from the Arsenal game

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Yeh am disappointed he didn't save it but it's not as bad as what some are saying, plenty of power on it and sees it late.

It very much is as bad as we're making it out to be though, it's a save you expect your keeper to make nine times out of ten and it was the only decent-ish chance Spartak had all game.

Whatever results make it so that first place comes down to our final game against Sevilla and I'm happy.

We play them 5th I think. We'll beat them and draw at home to Spartak to blow it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We play them 5th I think. We'll beat them and draw at home to Spartak to blow it.

Are the fixtures not flipped? Sevilla, Spartak, Maribor x2, Spartak and Sevilla again?

Thought the fixtures were mirrored, which is why you always get the stint of playing the same team twice in a row in the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Topping the group isn't that crucial because groups look so uneven. You can top the group and still end up with a PSG Juve Atleti, or you can finish second and end up with an easier tie such as Porto or United.

At least Champions League games are at night and I can go to bed shortly afterwards, instead of moping all day after a 3pm kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Would I be right in saying karius let in a free kick very similar to that playing for us before,or am I imagining it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

At least Champions League games are at night and I can go to bed shortly afterwards, instead of moping all day after a 3pm kick off.

If it's having that big of an affect on your mood you should probably reevaluate your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are the fixtures not flipped? Sevilla, Spartak, Maribor x2, Spartak and Sevilla again?

No, it’s always been that you play the same team 1st and 5th, 2nd and 6th and 3rd and 4th.
    Rekop dog wrote: »
    Topping the group isn't that crucial because groups look so uneven. You can top the group and still end up with a PSG Juve Atleti, or you can finish second and end up with an easier tie such as Porto or United.

We can’t get an English team in the last 16. As City, Chelsea and Man U will probably top their groups it means much higher odds of getting Madrid, Barca or Bayern in the last 16 if we finish 2nd.

• Advertisement

Rekop dog wrote: »
    If it's having that big of an affect on your mood you should probably reevaluate your life.
    I'm doing great, thanks for your concern though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Would I be right in saying karius let in a free kick very similar to that playing for us before,or am I imagining it

Yes, last game before he was dropped & Mig brought back in

West Ham I think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't like Klopp's idea of playing Karius.

These are Champion's League games not the League cup.

I think Liverpool should play their best keeper, who at present is clearly Mignolet and get the the whole defensive unit playing together regularly and create an understanding.

Ward actually looked better to me last week and also more dominant in the box.

Also, not convinced by Lovren and Moreno, despite what many say here, as a defending pair.

Finally, we need to get more clinical in front of goal. Firmino's hard work etc is not good enough as we should be putting away chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah should have close to 20 goals and the Golden Boot wrapped up already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I haven't seen a single thing from Karius since he joined the club that suggests that he can in anyway use his hands effectively when shot stopping. Literally, not one thing.

The man is a completely average keeper, if even that. Mignolet is noticeably superior to him, which is a worry as Mignolet is not the level you require for a team hunting for silverware.

Our keeper probably have about 5 things to do a game, on a bad day, yet along with our defenders, we are here talking about them every week. Its ****ing infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7TeEeHTKA

Enjoy.... Karius away indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Nice to see Henderson getting some recognition on here at last. I wouldn't be a person that champions one player but I seem to be defending him nearly every week for the last few weeks / months. Someone listed last week a load of his faults ... that he has given up tracking back etc. Crock of sh*te. The man has been a work horse for us for years now and has been scapegoated for the shortcomings of other players for far too long. I've said it before but he's the first midfielder I'd put down in our teamsheet. Works his boll*x off for the cause. Anyway. ...

Crazy decision by klopp to take mane off and then put coutinho wide left. Our most creative player isolated in the wing. In what world is that a good idea when the game is passing firmino by? Very disappointing result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah should have close to 20 goals and the Golden Boot wrapped up already.

I said similar previously when Liverpool won a game. It's was scuffed with remarks about and shot down fairly swiftly cause he scored that game. He's not clinical at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't like Klopp's idea of playing Karius.

These are Champion's League games not the League cup.

I think Liverpool should play their best keeper, who at present is clearly Mignolet and get the the whole defensive unit playing to together regularly and create an understanding.

Agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Have zero concerns about Salah. By the end of the season he will have a pile of goals and assists.

What is it already? 8 games 5 goals and 2 assists. Might miss a few chances but he'll get more than his fair share.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement