Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Benteke :pac:

He did seem an alternative to the norm but it just didn't work. Plus he was very expensive for a plan B.
    We seem to put more crosses into the box since his sale than when he was here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

mada999 wrote: »
    The mane decision was mental... i think firmino should have made way for Sturridge
    I think Firmino wasn't hooked because of his link up play with Coutinho. The biggest problem with the Sturridge introduction was the forward line lost it's shape. It wasn't two up front, Firmino went wide and Sturridge dropped deep, Salah was often the furthest player forward. There was no composure from the runners or the player taking the final shot.

Firmino, Mane, Salah and Sturridge should each have scored at least one goal. Henderson playing a pass to an offside player instead of shooting was mind boggling - that counter attack should have been text book stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We don't need a plan B.

We need a player who's interchangeable with Firmino that brings very different results.

We need two plan As that depend on the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Any chance Leipzig let Keita go in January if their knocked out in group stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

paulie21 wrote: »
    Any chance Leipzig let Keita go in January if their knocked out in group stage

And sell us Werner while they are at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Gbear wrote: »
    We don't need a plan B.

We need two plan A's

Would that not get confusing in training? I can't see Moreno grasping this sort of thing at all.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

And sell us Werner while they are at it.

Was reading that he had to be subbed last night as the crowd in Turkey was too loud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I know what you mean, but to all extents and putposes, Seveilla are the top team in the group regarldess of seedings and Moscow, beleive it or not, are the weakest.

Seveilla are ranked 6 in Europe according to UEFA, Liverpool 35, Maribor 77 and Spartak 95.

Spartak, though, needed to win that game more because their upcoming scehdule is back-to-back games against Seveilla, followed by a trip to Anfield.

These means nothing though if we decide to have two more of "those games" against Maribor and fail to beat Spartak at home.

Just to say Liverpool V Spartak will be the last group game it goes
    Match Day 3
    Maribor V Liverpool
    Spartak V Sevilla

Match Day 4
    Liverpool V Maribor
    Sevilla V Spartak

Match Day 5
    Sevilla V Liverpool
    Spartak V Maribor

Match Day 6
    Liverpool V Spartak
    Maribor V Sevilla

A win away to Newcastle on Sunday and all shall be grand again, for a while :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Was reading that he had to be subbed last night as the crowd in Turkey was too loud.

Be grand at Anfield then.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »

More calamity though and we're stewing on it over the break with Utd to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Indeed, should he get injured than at least we tried :)
    Carragher said it last season, if Sturridge is fit you play him and let others do the running etc.

Agreed. He was desperate to impact the game last night but was just a little too late to make an impact really, Liverpool had already become too desperate and wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Date Team TV
    1st Oct Newcastle (a) Sky Sports
    14th Oct Man Utd Sky Sports
    17th Oct Maribor (SVN) (a) BT Sports/Irish TV?
    22nd Oct Spurs (a) Sky Sports
    28th Oct Huddersfield

5starpool wrote: »
    More calamity though and we're stewing on it over the break with Utd to come.

I reckon we'll beat Newcastle alright, small fear that Rafa sets them up well defensively alright but sure such is football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Away to a defensively solid team that are prolific from set pieces , How could that possibly go wrong !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So Schmeichel Snr says Karius is almost as good as Neuer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Those pain meds must be kicking in again Peter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Klopp has said migs is no 1 then why the hell is he not playing him in cl, migs plays most games last year to get us into cl in first place then doesn't get to play in it, imagine if he said to mane or coutinho or any player for that matter oh you my no 1 player in that position but I'm gonna leave you out of the cl games,I mean there would be fcukin uproar,top players want to play cl and migs has been told he's our NUM one yet doesn't feature,if I was him I'd be ****ing furious,klopp needs to grow a pair of balls and Chuck karius out the door

shamrock55 wrote: »
    ..............klopp needs to grow a pair of balls and Chuck karius out the door

Klopp obviously reckons Karius is good enough so is getting his chance.
    All going well we should get beyond the CL group stages, maybe he'll drop Karius then.

• Advertisement

Klopp obviously reckons Karius is good enough so is getting his chance.
    All going well we should get beyond the CL group stages, maybe he'll drop Karius then.

How can klopp think that though seriously,the guy hasn't made a save since he joined,I think he's the worst keeper we've ever had tbh

How can klopp think that though seriously...........

Presumably he impresses at training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How can klopp think that though seriously...........

Presumably he impresses at training.
    the Smicer of the goal keeping world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Any day now, he'll be world class...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The current version of Neuer who has a broken foot, perhaps.

I don't give a **** if hes lev yashin in training,he should not get another game for liverpool

• Advertisement

Having a CL only keeper is lunacy.......... far too little games to keep a chap match sharp. We won't see Karius at his best to be fair, however good or bad that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Knex. wrote: »
    The current version of Neuer who has a broken foot, perhaps.

Maybe even the current Bayern keeper too

https://twitter.com/Wolfsburg__UK/status/911319015548768256

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

4 shots on target. 3 goals. Thats Karius record in the CL.

Mig isn't great either. Stick with Ward for a few games, he's the only GK who hasn't got a run and may actually be good. Mig and Karius need to be replaced. I dont think its a huge coincidence that we haven't won anything in a while without a decent keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I don't give a **** if hes lev yashin in training,he should not get another game for liverpool

The black panther

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

How can klopp think that though seriously
    Klopp being such a master tactician defensively, I have been half expecting to see, to misquote Shankly, Arthur Askey in goal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Klopp has said migs is no 1 then why the hell is he not playing him in cl, migs plays most games last year to get us into cl in first place then doesn't get to play in it, imagine if he said to mane or coutinho or any player for that matter oh you my no 1 player in that position but I'm gonna leave you out of the cl games,I mean there would be fcukin uproar,top players want to play cl and migs has been told he's our NUM one yet doesn't feature,if I was him I'd be ****ing furious,klopp needs to grow a pair of balls and Chuck karius out the door

miggs.gif

Is that Simon Miggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

JonnyM wrote: »
    I'd be thinking the same but don't think klopp is.
    Shame really as what is Ward going to be doing for the rest of the season if both keepers stay fit?

Would like to see him get ahead of Karius and has quite good experience in English football albeit not in the premiership.

He must rate Ward to some extent cause he stopped him going back to Huddersfield, where he'd have gotten solid premier league experience.

To be honest, Karius is probably the one that should have been loaned out this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It kinda seems as if Karius is being played out of position.

His best position is the bench?
    Or preferably another club..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

rob316 wrote: »
    I'd play Sturridge over Firmino, there is enough work rate in the front 3 with Mane and Salah already, we can afford a luxury player like Sturridge, who knows where the net is. He could of had a couple last night but he just looks really short on confidence. A few goals and starts would fix that.

God no.

All he does is shoot on sight or DIY.

I wouldn't mind giving Sturridge some starts against the type of teams we should be bullying, but aren't scoring enough against. The system seems to matter a bit less in those against packed defences, with individual talent making the difference.

Wouldn't let him near the big games anymore though.

The black panther

:pac:

So, that's 10 in 10 for Cavani now this season already. Really can't understand anyone who would turn their nose up at him. Yes, he misses chances at times, but his positioning is incredible enough that he earns himself more chances than anyone. Scores every type of goal. And even taking into account misses, he still scores ridiculous numbers of goals consistently. All this, while also working his balls off for the team.

He especially just tears apart poor teams, exactly what we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

~Rebel~ wrote:
    So, that's 10 in 10 for Cavani now this season already. Really can't understand anyone who would turn their nose up at him. Yes, he misses chances at times, but his positioning is incredible enough that he earns himself more chances than anyone. Scores every type of goal. And even taking into account misses, he still scores ridiculous numbers of goals consistently. All this, while also working his balls off for the team.
    He especially just tears apart poor teams, exactly what we need.

He won't be coming to us so we can't pretend to turn up our nose at him.
    Honestly we just lack quality at the highest level to punish teams consistently. Most top teams in the competition would have crushed a team as bad as Spartak were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There's talk that Sky want to move the game against Arsenal to Xmas eve. Nightmare for fans if true and quite frankly a bloody ridiculous idea.

There's talk that Sky want to move the game against Arsenal to Xmas eve. Nightmare for fans if true and quite frankly a bloody ridiculous idea.

That is a poop idea. Where is this 'talk'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I read a comment on the Guardian website yesterday that said Liverpool have only won three games in the Champions League since 2009? Surely that's not correct?

Paleblood wrote: »
    I read a comment on the Guardian website yesterday that said Liverpool have only won three games in the Champions League since 2009? Surely that's not correct?

Only even been in the champions league once since then, and since that campaign was a disaster, it's not all that incredible...

Actually it's worse than that... Since 2009 we've only won 1 Champions League game, in the 14/15 campaign at home against Ludogorets. Lost or drew the rest.

The wording of the comment is unclear though... those are since 2009, but if you include 2009, then it's 3 as we won 2 games in the group stages towards the end of 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Only even been in the champions league once since then, and since that campaign was a disaster, it's not all that incredible...

Actually it's worse than that... Since 2009 we've only won 1 Champions League game, in the 14/15 campaign at home against Ludogorets. Lost or drew the rest.

The wording of the comment is unclear though... those are since 2009, but if you include 2009, then it's 3 as we won 2 games in the group stages towards the end of 2009.

Wow. I'm not a Pool fan so I wasn't sure. It just didn't sound right. The years are flying by!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

That’s madness if it goes ahead. Last train back to Liverpool is at 9:15pm, would they really have enough time.

ffs, do we realllyy need football on christmas eve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That is a poop idea. Where is this 'talk'?

SoS were tweeting about it earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This depends - are we likely to win or lose?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement