Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Presser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'll give you a clue....you live there

He lives in Nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He lives in Nice?

Ballotelli?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I'm another "new" addition to the thread! Been checking in regularly over the last while. Looking forward to some sensible discussion and witty repartee.

Klopp Out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Klopp Out

You'll fit right in here.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Klopp Out

That's not how it works.

mosstin wrote: »
    That's not how it works.

I resolved before the start of the season to just enjoy watching Liverpool, come rain or shine. So that's what I'm trying to do. I think we're going in the right direction overall. Things will click soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

With all these newcomers I think it's about time to bring up The List™

I resolved before the start of the season to just enjoy watching Liverpool, come rain or shine. So that's what I'm trying to do. I think we're going in the right direction overall. Things will click soon enough.

That's not how it works, either. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

My take on things lately are that we're not far off at all. I'm delighted with Klopp.

Do I feel he should have signed a better keeper and/or given Ward more of a chance so far? Sure.

Do I feel we should have signed more defenders? Hell yeah.

However midfield and attack is great. We're always gonna be more offensively minded. Our attackers haven't been clinical enough lately which has cost us.

It's far from a crisis though. A few decisions haven't went our way in key matches, that on another day would have, so I think we're due a rub of the green. A win on Sunday would be massive.

But yes confidence seems a bit fragile. Hopefully we can knock 4 or 5 wins in a row now and that would really set the season in motion.

5-0 win on Sunday would be just the job.

4-3 defeat after missing a hatful, with a couple of dodgy decisions not going our way would be just our luck lately though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The U23 are playing away to Charlton in the Premier League Cup at 7 PM, which may or may not be on the tellybox. I know the Addicks are streaming it.

DK6_CTt_HXc_AAhjs_V.png

I'm another "new" addition to the thread! Been checking in regularly over the last while. Looking forward to some sensible discussion and witty repartee.
    I'm thinking you're following the wrong thread:pac:

But welcome anyway.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Klopp Out

I raised an eyebrow at the first post and laughed at the second.
    Welcome aboard :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

eyerer wrote: »
    I raised an eyebrow at the first post and laughed at the second.
    Welcome back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Cudda been worse for the poor fella.

Back when I first joined it was late at night and had several pints on board and everyone kept asking me how I felt about pandas.
    Hadn't a bean what was happening.

Anyway, welcome to the few new lads. :)

Back when I first joined it was late at night and had several pints on board and everyone kept asking me how I felt about pandas.

We be like...
    WnkoYx.gif

Looking forward to some fun, hopefully there won't be too much football chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's a sad indictment of FSG when this thread has made more acquisitions in the last 24 hours than they have all summer.

That's right ricero, you've got some competition now. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Going to be a tough one Sunday.

Rafa won't want to lose and will set them up well to frustrate us.

Sunday night will be fun here.

Liverpool to win both sides to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Liverpool to win both sides to score.

I'm not a betting man at all but I imagine you wouldn't get great odds on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The U23 are playing away to Charlton in the Premier League Cup at 7 PM, which may or may not be on the tellybox. I know the Addicks are streaming it.

DK6_CTt_HXc_AAhjs_V.png

Is the keeper Kelleher the lad from Cork?

I'd say you would get something on a 3-4 result not huge odds but something.

21/10 with PP at the moment. Draw and both to score at 7/2...

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Going to be a tough one Sunday.

Rafa won't want to lose and will set them up well to frustrate us.

Sunday night will be fun here.

There's no way it should be tough but quite telling that some might consider it a tough fixture. We have a good record there, they're not a good side. Has to be 3 points. I'm very confident of a win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They had Spurs held well until Shelvey Shelvey'd.

It's definitely a tough match. But yes it's very winnable.

0-5 with all 4 of the Fab Four scoring, Lovren with the other :pac:

mosstin wrote: »
    There's no way it should be tough but quite telling that some might consider it a tough fixture. .

Aside from our own wee struggles lately I'd say there's a few approaching it with a bit of extra trepidation due to it being Rafa.
    We all know how shrewd he is at levelling the playing field tactically.
    So there's probably a wee bit of that going on too.

All things considered, I think I'd be one of the "tough fixture" crowd as well.

Sure these days even if we score early and boss the game you'd have little reason for thinking its over.
    So yeah tough fixture is right imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Don't forget breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

With a little addition of brown sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Beat Newcastle and it's 14 points after 7 games, 2ppg and back on track going into the international break.

Charlie19 wrote: »

Sauce should be banned from your house.

Sauce should be banned from your house.

1w07e7.jpg

Charlie19 wrote: »

giphy.gif

You're getting the wrong sauce man:D

i like YR brown sauce

The poor newbies. The Pandas probably made more sense than this.

i like YR brown sauce

With what though? What would you have it with?

Watch carefully now Charlie....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I prefer ketchup

With what though? What would you have it with?

Watch carefully now Charlie....

Pretty much anything except with ketchup or anything already sweet.
    I like it poured over some potatoes sometimes and mashed in. Mostly like it on meats - any meat hot or cold, love it on sandwiches, but never for breakfast!

This is now probably my longest post in this forum and nothing to do with football :D i write multiple paragraph arguments about certain topics usually, but then decide i won't bother boring everybody, or i've already lost interest myself by the time i've spent an hour getting every sentence perfect :D

So, yea, Newcastle.... pfft, should blow them away, could be another banana skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Only a matter of time before our 15 plus shots on target become 8 goals. Someone is inline for a thrashing .

I was watching the vid earlier that someone posted up of us beating Barca that time in 2001.
    One thing that stood out was Phil Thompson going fairly mental.
    You could see how much it meant to him to be involved. Even as a pundit you can still see how emotional he gets at times.
    I often wondered how does it happen when the club chooses ambassadors that Michael Owen gets a role and not Phil?

Seems surreal. Owen was a nasty wee bugger imo who made his choices. Maybe Phil is actually on the list too and I'm wrong here?
    Either way, that was a great vid to post. The bit from re-watching that game that hit me was the amount of times Hyppia and Henchoz headed the ball away and when they did, it stayed gone.
    Not even high balls, just diagonal ones. Immediately rebuffed and sent back.

We are massively missing CB's like them right now.

Oh and Pepe Reina for the peno...... Gas. He had hair!

Pretty much anything except with ketchup or anything already sweet.
    I like it poured over some potatoes sometimes and mashed in. Mostly like it on meats - any meat hot or cold, love it on sandwiches, but never for breakfast!

This is now probably my longest post in this forum and nothing to do with football :D i write multiple paragraph arguments about certain topics usually, but then decide i won't bother boring everybody, or i've already lost interest myself by the time i've spent an hour getting every sentence perfect :D

So, yea, Newcastle.... pfft, should blow them away, could be another banana skin

:D You'll fit right in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone else pissed off with all this negative ****. Klopp seems like an easy target. You would think we are bottom of the league. Honestly if any of you guys think we can do better than him you are ****en bonkers. He lives and breeds Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone else pissed off with all this negative ****. Klopp seems like an easy target. You would think we are bottom of the league. Honestly if any of you guys think we can do better than him you are ****en bonkers. He lives and breeds Liverpool

No wonder he has no time to be coaching defending!

Internet forums are full of people who love to have a say. And even within that bracket, I havent seen anyone seriously question Klopp's position.

We're blessed to have him.

Mind, it's fair to criticise. If ya went back in time, you'd find lads would debate Shankly's team selection before games in pubs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

niallo27 wrote:
    He lives and breeds Liverpool

*breathes.
    I think a lot of his criticism is due to the club not solving issues with the side this past summer. We all (or should all) know we won't be in the title race & I think some in the media expected us to be by now.
    Like a lot of managers who fail at clubs, Klopp has too much faith in individuals who have let the team down several times(even before he arrived in some cases).
    You can see in recent games we lack quality to be ruthless & to tough it out when sides put it up to us.
    Are we going to get a top manager in to replace Klopp? Hell no.
    But I do think there are aspects & balances in the squad now I don't understand. We stay committing the same individual errors & how we ignored improving our back 5 this past summer will forever confuse me.

eyerer wrote: »
    I prefer ketchup

Well, we are 5 points behind.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He got a free ride long enough. Not being "bottom of the league" is hardly a high bar.

If you seek attention you will get it. May not always be what the kind of attention you want of course :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement