Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Hamann is a bit crude at times. He should know it's never easy at Liverpool, ex player making fun of current player is a bit low.
    Lovern was brilliant in Klopp first season.

Yeah Hamann has turned into a very narky man. I suppose all that time in the studio with Dunphy had to rub off on him eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hamann is a bit crude at times. He should know it's never easy at Liverpool, ex player making fun of current player is a bit low.
    Lovern was brilliant in Klopp first season.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: WHEN?????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

mosstin wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: WHEN?????????? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

He was, he was the most praised man in here, Klopp was praised too for turning him and Lallana into the best versions of themselves. Lovern has regressed though. Seems he has some genuine reasons for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Lovren was praised because he raised his game from utterly ****e to ok.......and he is ok, a fine backup even but as a starter he's just not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

The way we play doesn't do our defenders any favours but that doesn't explain the catalogue of individual mistakes. Van Dijk would have been a key signing.

Also think a proper striker would be a good addition. Those 2 positions could move the team along considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Yeah Hamann has turned into a very narky man. I suppose all that time in the studio with Dunphy had to rub off on him eventually.

Someone mentioned in here a while back that he'd been sniffing around for a coaching role, but Klopp said nein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The way we play doesn't do our defenders any favours but that doesn't explain the catalogue of individual mistakes. Van Dijk would have been a key signing.

Also think a proper striker would be a good addition. Those 2 positions could move the team along considerably.

I agree hopefully we can do a deal in January or even do a keita type deal and have van dijk wrapped up for next summer

corwill wrote: »
    Someone mentioned in here a while back that he'd been sniffing around for a coaching role, but Klopp said nein.

I wasn't aware of that but yeah it might explain him becoming slightly more bitter, or hyper-critical of us.

At the same time I suppose we're a wet dream for any pundit who fancies a rant.
    The individual errors we make tend to be of the school-boy variety so its open season for pundits.

The thing is it tends to be always 100% directed at one player for a while and then they move on to another.
    For a long time they said it was Mignolet, then it was Moreno, now it's Lovren.

In reality its usually a cluster-fcuk that starts from one of our midfield trio and then it spreads and most goals we concede happen that way, it's a chain of events usually started by one of our CM's misplacing a pass or switching off and then our defence is stretched and goal.
    But the pundits only ever focus on the last link in the chain, namely Lovren/Mignolet/Moreno. Never Matip coz he's immune from criticism. But never gets mentioned how the chain starts.

A great example is one of the goals we conceded against Sevilla. Henderson has the ball and we're camped in their half and he has countless options. But he goes for the hollywood pass and gives it away and now we get caught with lines too high and within about 50 seconds they score.
    Pundits version: Lovren gives a cheap goal away.
    And yep, he fecked up but it's Henderson who created the mess and most other teams would have a player there specifically to watch out for the counter, but not us.

2nd goal, same game. A feckin throw-in near the half way line. Not one midfielder puts in a tackle, ends up with a one-two in our penalty area.
    Pundits version: Centre backs went to sleep. Lovren too slow to react.
    What about the feckin midfield though? It was only a throw in.

Same with Mignolet. Pundits continually pointing out that he concedes from almost every shot. But if you watch all the goals we conceded this season, were any of them down to Mignolet?
    I dont recall any.
    If you give sitters away then you concede but it's always the last link in the chain they moan about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Win tomorrow and we're in 4th place, ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal, going into the international break. Not the biggest crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Liverpool v Newcastle, one of my favourite matches and with added Rafa it's a nice Sunday.
    Who let these new guys in? They are new? Or are they new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The difference in city's defence with a commanding goalkeeper they can trust.

It aint just the keeper. If we switched keepers with them I doubt our problems would suddenly go away.

It aint just the keeper. If we switched keepers with them I doubt our problems would suddenly go away.

Especially if Mane kept kicking him in the head.

Especially if Mane kept kicking him in the head.

:D

haha, cheers for that mate. Stressed as fcuk all day minding 2 kids on my toblerone and that was the first time I burst out laughing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I haven't seen much of Ederson, but he looks a clear level above Bravo. He was a disaster basically from game one. A bit like Karius.
    Sterling still lacks a bit of end product, especially when shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

no but it would be a big step in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

They were all at sea against you guys until the Mane sending off.

no but it would be a big step in the right direction

aye, fair enough.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Liverpool v Newcastle, one of my favourite matches and with added Rafa it's a nice Sunday.
    Who let these new guys in? They are new? Or are they new?

Same here. Love games between us and them, usually crackers.
    Moreso at Anfield admittedly.

The bould Rafa is the perfect man to put an end to the entertainment factor though. He's a cute hoor.

I'd say we'll be up against 9 or 10 defenders and they'll have pin-pointed set pieces to undo us.

I love the man to bits. Aside from games against him, I'd always wish him well.

Hope the travelling Reds give him a few chants tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Liverpool should throw a wad of cash at Spurs for Harry Kane when he finally has to move on due to their restrictive wage cap.

Everyone else in England is sorted at centre forward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Liverpool should throw a wad of cash at Spurs for Harry Kane when he finally has to move on due to their restrictive wage cap.

He's probably worth 200million+ by today's values.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He's probably worth 200million+ by today's values.

That'd be 200 million well spent tbh.

Henderson should be fired up for tomorrow, he's not exactly quiet about how much he hates Newcastle. Hopefully his good performances of late continue.

Blanco100 wrote: »

Would be great but I'd say he will have better options if/when he moves.

Spain/Italy/Germany maybe, but a move for him to us would be a side-ways move right now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Spain/Italy/Germany maybe, but a move for him to us would be a side-ways move right now imo.

He'd be a great fit if/when Bayern need a Lewandowski replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Kane is such a dozy bastard though, not aure i'd cope.

Why even talk about it, chances are Spurs break character and give Kane tonnes of money, if not and he wants out then there'll be bigger/richer teams than Liverpool available to him.

They'd be a bit daft to let him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Better chance of signing Messi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

The main problem with our keepers is that they are all being played 'out of position' :pac:

Mignolet's true position is back up.

Karius best position is instagram (he is f**king useless).

Ward is our best keeper but 3rd choice.

Imo, clearly.

Yada yada, buy an effing keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Given the trouble he has with English it would be hilarious to hear him attempt German. His mouth would have a nervous breakdown.

sword1 wrote: »
    Better chance of signing Messi

Or Suarez considering his start to season and his clear problems with current Barca manager.

Manager is an idiot not to rate Suarez ,and to call him fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Why would we want Kane when we already have England's best and most natural goal scorer?

That Suarez thing looked bad alright. But where does Fun Bobby fit in after we get Kane and Suarez?

The fab 6

• Advertisement

Stick Firmino in goal :pac:

I'd say you wouldn't have much change from £150m for Kane in today's monopoly money market.

He's a fantastic footballer.

He won't be at Spurs for too much longer anyway, that's for sure.

I've actually been thinking Firmino could do a job as one of our midfielders. We're desperately missing Lallana and he's the most similar player to Lallana we have, if Sturridge starts up top then I think a midfield 3 of Coutinho, Firmino, and Henderson could do work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If sturridge and Firmino were to play then it's most likely be a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino central of the 3. In that instance I don't think we would see Coutinho as part of the 2, he must likely be left of the 3.

Really can't see Firmino as part of the midfield 3 is a 4-3-3

Firmino was a midfielder when we bought him. We are so used to him playing as striker we can't even imagine it impossible that he should actually play there, or can play there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Firmino was a midfielder when we bought him. We are so used to him playing as striker we can't even imagine it impossible that he should actually play there, or can play there.

Was he? As opposed to a false 9?

As far as I know he was a number 10 when we got him. With the way he plays I really think he could be at least as good as Can or Wijnaldum in that CM role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino is probably our key player as CF. One of two average games won't change that.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Firmino is probably our key player as CF. One of two average games won't change that.

I totally agree, it's his best position and he's our best player in that position. Just if we want to give Sturridge a run out at some point and want to keep Firmino in the side I think he could do well from deeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Firmino has something like a 1 in 5 goal record. He is an excellent player, but a natural goalscorer he is not.

Playing a team like Salah/ Firmino/ Mane, you are looking at the whole team whopping in goals, but its not enough.

We do need a natural goalscoter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I used to be a big fan of him but he's simply not clinical enough. He's great at closing down space but when opposition sit back, he can't seem to do it in tight spaces.
    Compare him to our rivals and he not at their level ie Aguero, Jesus, Lukaku, Kane, Morata and Lacazette

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Firmino has something like a 1 in 5 goal record. He is an excellent player, but a natural goalscorer he is not.

Playing a team like Salah/ Firmino/ Mane, you are looking at the whole team whopping in goals, but its not enough.

We do need a natural goalscoter.

He's at least 1 in 3 for us iirc.

He's gotten more goals and assists than anyone else at the club since Klopp joined. It's not like we rely on one player to score the lion share of our goals anyway. Our front 3 operates as such, 3 goal scorers.

Spurs, United, Chelsea are all set up to create chances for their strikers, Liverpool's system is set up to create chances for the wide men and that it does. Mane and Salah, the latter in particular, have been the ones getting all the chances this season, many due to Firmino's contribution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I have to agree with that, I like the dynamic of the side where we don't really need a 20 goal striker when you have four or five that can nearly/reach double figures in the League.

Mane 10+
    Firmino 10+
    Couthino 10+
    Salah 10+
    Sturridge 7+
    Lallana 5+
    Can 5+
    Gini 4+
    Milner, Moreno and Solanke should get at least 10 between them.

I'd still take Harry Kane on board as he would take us to a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd still take Harry Kane on board as he would take us to a different level.

Spurs will have trouble keeping Kane, he'll probably end up at Madrid, but they certainly wouldn't sell him to us. Nor do I think he would want to move to us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement