Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Barnavave wrote: »
    Spurs will have trouble keeping Kane, he'll probably end up at Madrid, but they certainly wouldn't sell him to us. Nor do I think he would want to move to us.

Why not?

They sold us Paul Stewart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Really hope we don't have to endure Can again today. As much stick as Lovren, moreno and even henderson get, Can has been head and shoulders our worst player this season.

Let him have a rest and kick in bollox at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Really hope we don't have to endure Can again today. As much stick as Lovren, moreno and even henderson get, Can has been head and shoulders our worst player this season.

couldn't agree more with that. A really good performance in the CL against Hoffenheim aside, he has been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I don't care where Firmino plays has long as his silky touch returns. He's been like a drunken raffle winner last couple of games - second touch a tackle etc.

He started the season well tbf. The past while he's been poor alright.

All our midfielders are inconsistent this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Firmino missed a penalty against Sevilla so his confidence took a hit. He is just going through a rough patch it happens. He will score soon & be back to his best.

Not worried about our attack at all our defence is obviously a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I don't see what he offers the team in any capacity tbh.

He doesn't defend and creates nothing. I can't understand the love for him at all.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I don't see what he offers the team in any capacity tbh.

He doesn't defend and creates nothing. I can't understand the love for him at all.

When in top gear he can be like a battering ram and just a powerhouse in the middle. Only problem is he is rarely in top gear. Took him most of last season to get going. Started this season well (arsenal and Hoff) but the problem is when he is not at the top of his game he is absolutely poison.

Compared to wij when he is not on form and not contributing positively to the team at least he isn't negatively impacting the team like Can does when not on form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Firmino has something like a 1 in 5 goal record. He is an excellent player, but a natural goalscorer he is not.

Playing a team like Salah/ Firmino/ Mane, you are looking at the whole team whopping in goals, but its not enough.

We do need a natural goalscoter.

Bobby is a 1 in 3.5 for us.

Without Bobby doing all the donkey work and opening up the spaces Mane & Salah won't score as many as we hope and want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Firmino will not score enough goals for us,he's not a striker,it's just another thing klopp refuses to sort out, we have no striker,no goalkeeper,and no defence,yet he expects us to win games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bobby is a 1 in 3.5 for us.

Without Bobby doing all the donkey work and opening up the spaces Mane & Salah won't score as many as we hope and want.

,imagine the amount of space the likes of Kane,Costa,or any decent striker would create for those two,Harry Kane probably has 4 defenders following him around at this stage,firmino not so much simply because he's not a danger

I worry for people who can't see Firmino's role in the team and what he brings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I think you have to look at the front 3 as a whole. I'd be interested to see how our front 3 compare to that of other clubs with a similar system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Firmino/Mané/Salah are not a problem really. Anyone complaining about them now will likely be praising them after a good game and talking how incredible attacking they are etc. Our front three, whether it includes Coutinho/Firmino/Mané last season or Firmino/Mané/Salah has bailed us out a lot, the problem is when they have an off day, or bad spell we have a defence and GK incapable of bailing them out for a change......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Firmino will not score enough goals for us,he's not a striker,it's just another thing klopp refuses to sort out, we have no striker,no goalkeeper,and no defence,yet he expects us to win games

We have no striker, no goalkeeper, and no defence, and yet this team minus Salah finished top 4 last season.,

I worry for people who can't see Firmino's role in the team and what he brings

I think the vast majority here know what he brings. I also dont think its a bad thing that people would like to see a prolific goalscorer in his place though.

But as I said before, Klopp will not look for someone else, probably for a lot of reasons. Firmino does what Klopp wants very effectively. Also, I'm not sure how many players would be able to do what he does while also being a more prolific goalscorer. I cant think of any realistic targets anyway.

Of all the things to complain about Firmino isn't high on that list, if even on it at all.

We have no striker, no goalkeeper, and no defence, and yet this team minus Salah finished top 4 last season.,

With 78 goals. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nice map of Liverpool players, did you know the side had Icelandic players the books? Or that the Italian players are on balance deffo the worst of any country though the French contingent run them close? (okay you knew that!)

https://public.tableau.com/profile/jurij2458#!/vizhome/Liverpool-allplayersever/Dashboard1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Nice map of Liverpool players, did you know the side had Icelandic players the books? Or that the Italian players are on balance deffo the worst of any country though the French contingent run them close? (okay you knew that!)

https://public.tableau.com/profile/jurij2458#!/vizhome/Liverpool-allplayersever/Dashboard1

Is Thomas Miller of Scotland immortal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Is Thomas Miller of Scotland immortal?
    There can be only one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Yeah, but last season UTD & Arsenal blew up. UTD are a lot better this season...Arsenal not so much.

But all our rivals improved over the summer. Spurs even bought defenders!!! :eek:

We need a 20-30 goals a season striker to finish all the bloody chances we make. We need a decent goalkeeper & defence that dont fall asleep a couple of times during each game...and we need a captain who is a leader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

daheff wrote: »
    Yeah, but last season UTD & Arsenal blew up. UTD are a lot better this season...Arsenal not so much.

But all our rivals improved over the summer. Spurs even bought defenders!!! :eek:

We need a 20-30 goals a season striker to finish all the bloody chances we make. We need a decent goalkeeper & defence that dont fall asleep a couple of times during each game...and we need a captain who is a leader.

If it was Firminho missing all the chances then I might agree.

It's the Daily Mail and it's not a hit piece it's actually a very good piece on Robertson.

Liverpool defender Andy Robertson is one man proving Premier League players do give something back with generous donation to local foodbank

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4936848/Andy-Robertson-proving-players-back.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Where in the **** is Andy Robertson?

Can and Firmino could probably do with the rest, Sturridge has tonnes of goals against Newcastle so hopefully he continues the streak today. More interested than excited to see how the team plays.

Moreno again?? :mad:

4231 or a 433

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Moreno again?? :mad:

You can "shut your mouth".

• Advertisement

If Wijnaldum scores is it an away goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Shelvey will either get MOTM or he'll be sent off, gobbing at Klopp as he goes. 'Twas always thus.

We'll be Top 4 if we win. #crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Where in the **** is Andy Robertson?

I am starting to think klopp did not want robertson and it was a signing made by the board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Hes got selection spot on . firminos touch has been shocking for a while. Well sort of have a 3 at the back when attacking with gomez not going as far forward and moreno as a left winger of sort

ricero wrote: »
    I am starting to think klopp did not want robertson and it was a signing made by the board

Sure if that's the case why the hell didn't the board just by a CB that we actually needed and not a fullback.

Robertson being left out is annoying esp as there is no other full back on the bench, Milner it seems no longer counts in that regard.

DLDss73WAAE8MGX.png

Sturridge starting & mane playing.
    No excuses.... goals or assists a must for DS15 aka Daniel etc.... where's the turd BTW?

Watch Sturridge score a hat trick only to get injured away with England next week.

Augeo wrote: »
    Sturridge starting & mane playing.
    No excuses.... goals or assists a must for DS15 aka Daniel etc.... where's the turd BTW?

Waiting in the long grass :pac:

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    You can "shut your mouth".

??

I'm guessing an in-joke I've missed !!

??

Moreno giving it large in the pre-match 'pool interview' for the papers.

??

Moreno talking about his critics in newspaper interviews yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

??

Nope. Moreno interview in which he stated that his critics can "shut their mouths". Couple of near acceptable performances from him and he thinks he's Roberto Carlos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

??

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/30/alberto-moreno-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-back-in-the-team

Alberto Moreno: my critics should shut their mouths now I am back for Liverpool

We'll need to be at least 4-0 before Gayle comes on if we want to win this

• Advertisement

Moreno giving it large in the pre-match 'pool interview' for the papers.
    Moreno talking about his critics in newspaper interviews yesterday.
    mosstin wrote: »
    Nope. Moreno interview in which he stated that his critics can "shut their mouths". Couple of near acceptable performances from him and he thinks he's Roberto Carlos.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/30/alberto-moreno-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-back-in-the-team

Alberto Moreno: my critics should shut their mouths now I am back for Liverpool

Bloody hell. the poor chap is dillusional !

Bloody hell. the poor chap is dillusional !

He really is.

Mental.

I give him credit for improved attacking displays but that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I must be alone in thinking that Moreno has been quite good so far this season, especially going forward.

I expect after telling all his critics to shut it, he'll have an outstanding day today.:o

I must be alone in thinking that Moreno has been quite good so far this season, especially going forward.

I expect after telling all his critics to shut it, he'll have an outstanding day today.:o

Still crap defensively and has contributed a bit going forward.

Overall, couldn't agree he has been "quite good this season".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sturridge deserves his chance hopefully he takes it. I'd still prefer firmino up there but he is out of form. Its good to see we have so many good options in the front 6. Shame about the back 5 though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement