Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Joyce now saying Coutinho has again said he never wants to play another game for Liverpool.

Where did he say this? Can't see it on his twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Where did he say this? Can't see it on his twitter

Anfield HQ tweeted it out, using Joyce as their source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When the window shuts, he'll have no choice. No games = no Brazil 2018 games be it qualification or tournament. Not even in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Don't see it on Joyce's Twitter at all.

Seems like something he'd put up if it was true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The bid was 82 mill, rest was all add-ons that may/may not happen. So it wouldn't even have been enough to buy 2 Gylfi Sigurdssons :)

Exactly, pure BS putting it at 113m

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Joyce now saying Coutinho has again said he never wants to play another game for Liverpool.

I say keep him, but bring in someone like Draxler to play instead of him anyway.

Saying this now to try to force the move.

Let's see his attitude come September the 1st. Memories are short and fans are fickle. He'll come back playing (wc year) and fans will back him.

This whole saga has played out pretty much as expected, bar Coutinho pushing a little harder and more public than I thought. Barca are probably shocked not to get their man, delighted to see them knocked back again. The sense of inevitability with which they've treated this transfer is so arrogant.

Unfortunately for us the shine has been taken off Couts image a bit. But the players won't hold it against him, and the fans will come round in time. Hopefully Klopp doesn't make too big a deal of this.

If so we can very likely play out this season with Coutinho as if this whole thing didn't happen imo

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm petty enough to be happy getting less for him next summer and sending him to train with the u-12s for the season if he doesn't want to play for us anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm petty enough to be happy getting less for him next summer and sending him to train with the u-12s for the season if he doesn't want to play for us anymore.

If he doesn't want to play football we can get him to do a few odd jobs around the place maybe....surely a few places around Anfield needs a lick of paint, put the cones out for training, serve the lunches etc etc.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I assume the club can fine him for refusing to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

NukaCola wrote: »
    If he doesn't want to play football we can get him to do a few odd jobs around the place maybe....surely a few places around Anfield needs a lick of paint, put the cones out for training, serve the lunches etc etc.....

Give Sakho some company like?

• Advertisement

Give Sakho some company like?

I think he may be off but it would be some team alright...

I'd say if he stays he'll be second choice to Lallana if fit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The bid was 82 mill, rest was all add-ons that may/may not happen. So it wouldn't even have been enough to buy 2 Gylfi Sigurdssons :)

and that's so galling - first offer was for 80m euro I think, the second 85m euro up front and €15m in add-ons and now an measly 90m euro plus 40m add-ons (one of which is winning the Pin a Balloon on the Door). So basically it's taken them a month to add 10m in actual money in the hand. And we all know they'd only write a cheque for about 50m at most for the first payment. It really was not worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't think Anfield HQ is that reliable at all.

Are any people not tempted by this offer?

It's definitely a lot of money. What if €115-125m up front and no add-ons was negotiated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

murpho999 wrote: »
    What if €115-125m up front and no add-ons was negotiated?

At this stage of the transfer window, nnnope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Never wants to play for lfc again? What did he sign a new contract for so?
    And why so drastic? All big bad lfc ever did was give him opportunity and bags of cash and backing.
    Chap doesn't know which side of his bread is buttered.

If its true I'm happy to see him train with kids.

Really, those kind of comments don't really help resort this situation in his favour.

I mean christ, chances are (jinxy mcjinx) we'll be in the CL next season.

It wouldn't be that fcuking bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Why are Barca trying to buy a player with an obvious back problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

unless i see its quoted from the player himself,much like costa is doing,its all heresay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't think Anfield HQ is that reliable at all.

Are any people not tempted by this offer?

It's definitely a lot of money. What if €115-125m up front and no add-ons was negotiated?

If we had or where getting a starting CB, CM and a Coutinho replacement and they were tossing a huge fee (up front) I'd let him go if he's kicking up a lot of fuss.

But we've no new CB, no new CM and no Coutinho replacement and they won't pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paying it as €90m over the length of his contract then another €35m in add-ons that he would probably never reach giving a total of €125m.

Now does that really sound tempting to anyone?

They can go fcuk off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fromvert wrote: »
    If we had or where getting a starting CB, CM and a Coutinho replacement and they were tossing a huge fee (up front) I'd let him go if he's kicking up a lot of fuss.

But we've no new CB, no new CM and no Coutinho replacement and they won't pay.

Yes, I agree, time is the issue and it would be used as the excuse by FSG to pocket the money.

If that bid was £125M in one up front payment with another £20M or whatever in add ons and we could get a player like Draxler or similar I'd probably go for it......I realise I'm probably in a minority but I think he's burning his bridges, I'm not against holding on to him at all though tbh. If we do hold on to him there are no guarantees that he'll get the head down and do well......many here including myself thought he wouldn't hand in a transfer request either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Honestly, it's winning the lotto in front of a car dealer that's closing in 5 mins.. and it's raining.. and he knows you live miles away. This metaphor is getting away from me a little, but... "Liverpool, you have ten mins to spend this cash to replace arguably your most important player.. go..."

scheming-man-rubbing-his-hands-smiling-anticipation-84045597.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Liverpool are in a bit of a difficult position too. They have a plenty of room for improvement but can't get players to sign, they have arguably their best player wanting to leave and even if they sell him to replace him....they can't get players to sign

Another option is to try and arrange a swap deal... maybe Sergi Roberto? Highly sought after and plays in a position that Liverpool need filling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

its all heresay

Exactly. Pure and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

What's thompson smoking, if Coutinho is sold his three targets are aguero, alli and Suarez.

Paul Joyce is saying tonight that West Brom know Sakho would prefer a move to Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can't even see the point in shifting Sakho now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On Coutinho - the fact he's personally staying very quiet on all this says to me that he's hedging his bets. Doesn't want to completely burn his bridges.

Anything short of a Sterling-esque public meltdown, and I want him kept regardless of cost.

In the longer term, I do expect this period of money-madness to drop off again, but the current Premier League TV deal runs until the 2019 season, and the next Spanish TV deal is expected to be worth significantly more than the current one.

Once the market eventually adjusts to take into account the continuous drop in cable subscribers, it'll go back a few steps, but next summer is almost guaranteed to be just as crazy as this one, if not moreso.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Apparently Dembele trashed his house when he heard he wouldn't be allowed move to Barca.

That house would be Klopps house that he rented to Dembele.

Jurgen can't seem to catch a break this season:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Apparently Dembele trashed his house when he heard he wouldn't be allowed move to Barca.

Can't even send Sakho round to fix it up.

Read that but reading between the lines there was no source, just said some clothes left, sounds like a mountain /molehill story for clicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Really hoping we qualify on Wednesday and then get to signing players. I know Klopp has said he doesn't want players only interested in CL football but it's a fair ambition to have and I'm sure he won't turn his nose up at them in situations like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Grayditch wrote: »
    Honestly, it's winning the lotto in front of a car dealer that's closing in 5 mins.. and it's raining.. and he knows you live miles away. This metaphor is getting away from me a little, but... "Liverpool, you have ten mins to spend this cash to replace arguably your most important player.. go..."

scheming-man-rubbing-his-hands-smiling-anticipation-84045597.jpg

120 at RB for Naby...simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Feck that. Direct swap with RB for Naby and stick it to Barca. We need more guile in midfield than Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »

Pretty much. The money is irrelevant to us, more or less. For this window anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The true fee is a guaranteed £80m, with a string of improbable targets triggering further payments.

These ‘never-never payments’ would include Coutinho...

Winning multiple trophies in the same season
    Winning multiple Champions League titles
    Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
    Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season
    Payment of the basic £80m fee staggered over five years

lol get ****ed Barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

rob316 wrote: »
    The true fee is a guaranteed £80m, with a string of improbable targets triggering further payments.

These ‘never-never payments’ would include Coutinho...

Winning multiple trophies in the same season
    Winning an Oscar for a film titled '' My Back ''
    Winning multiple Champions League titles
    Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
    Winning best dressed lady at Royal Ascot
    Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season
    Payment of the basic £80m fee staggered over five years

lol get ****ed Barca

Yep, they can jump.
    They could have waited till Monday to bid also. Doing it a day after 14 people got killed is a bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Yep, they can jump.
    They could have waited till Monday to bid also. Doing it a day after 14 people got killed is a bit silly.

I wouldnt take offence that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is the match on the television tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Seems the club have told Barca to fcuk off and they don't want anymore contact with them as Barca prepare to return next week with another offer.

John W isn't a man to be fcuked with he might just let Coutinho rot for the next 4 years.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is the match on the television tomorrow?

It's the 3pm game on SKY not sure which channel they are using though.

Mr.H wrote: »
    I wouldnt take offence that

Nope. Just a bit silly imo
    Could have waited till tomorrow at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

It's the 3pm game on SKY not sure which channel they are using though.

It's on Sky Sports PL

Nope. Just a bit silly imo
    Could have waited till tomorrow at least.

The bid was probably prepared yesterday to be given today to be in the paper for the weekend, all a pr exercise and with such a weak bid no expectation of success, it was only to unsettle the player in case he was resigned to doing another year at the club

Seen this elsewhere :pac:

Coutinho right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

DaveSuarez wrote: »
    His son is sick and he had no interest in leaving Italy, it's why Milan got him so cheap.

I heard he had a falling out with Dybala and Allegri and ended up giving the team an ultimatum to choose between him and Allegri.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Seen this elsewhere :pac:

Coutinho right now
    At home listening to this I bet

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Last season we were on Sky sports Ireland at 3pm as well on the second weekend of the season. That didn't work out great. Hopefully better this time, although given our recent home record against Palace I'm not full of confidence I have to say.

Glad the latest batch of Coutinho to Barca stuff came out the day before a match again. Lovely stuff Phil.

If we don't sell, the backtracking on all these leaks of unhappiness and refusals will be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I don't think we have won a match where we have played at 3pm, and been lived on sky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement