Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

We created very little despite what the statistics say. Benitez had Newcastle well organised and they sussed us out easily enough in the second half.

If we are sound defensively, we come away with 3 points thanks to a moment of brilliance from Coutinho.

The only real clear-cut chance we had was through Clark's airball kick and even then Sturridge hit it straight at the keeper.

There's no focal point to the attack, no-one to drag players out of position and make room for others. I'd honestly start Ings in the next game - at least he'd be a genuine target for all those aimless crosses we seem determined to pump into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

When your defenders/keeper only have a handful of things to do each game and can never keep a clean sheet through mostly individual errors there's not a lot your team can achieve.

Klopp can't even answer questions about it because the real answer is my defenders can't do the simple things and constantly make mistakes. I've one defender that can defend to the required level and he's injured (he also offers very little in attack).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Lucky to get away with a draw after that corner scramble + Lovren handball in the 92nd minute. I'm sure most of us were expecting to see the net ripple.

I don't understand how the ball can land at Diame's feet from a corner, when we outnumbered them like 9v4 in the box. What the **** are they at?

We are so wasteful and slow. Its excruciating. Sturridge should've been hooked at 60 mins - he was shocking today. Super frustrating way to start the international break - and we only have more of the same bollix to look forward to once PL is back, as we have Man Utd next. Mourinho will be quite happy to park the bus and wait for us to leave Fellaini unmarked on a corner.

I'm going to go have a beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

limnam wrote: »
    Out of the league cup

Struggling in the CL

7 points off the pace in the PL

The best strike force in the PL can't score.

Woeful defence can't defend.

It's grand, next up. United.

:pac:
    But we have a brilliant manager right???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Vicxas wrote:
    This is our full squad nearly.
    No excuses at all for these performances

There hasn't been for some time. Another bad result against a poor side. We are still a total joke at the back, we have plenty of chances to score but fluff them. I won't say anything would have been different if Firmino played as he isn't overly prolific anyway.
    Utd game is big now but I've absolutely no confidence given our form & we won't have any excuses in that game either but I can imagine Klopp complaining about the schedule already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Blah. Big pressure now to beat United. They win and they go 10 points clear of us...

It's not all doom and gloom.

You're above Everton :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

mosstin wrote: »
    ****ing hell, since the window, could it have gone any worse for us?

Well we have January still to come , so it can get worse.
    We better win the champions league cos this team won't make top 4 imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We've had 1good game this season against a rubbish on the day arsenal, 1 out of 7,so at this rate we should have 5 good games this season,wonder what ****e klopp will come out with now, I won't be listening anyway,the guy is clueless

black-kettle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Problem was two of our front three had stinkers today. Sturridge and unusually Mane. Only Salah was decent. Couple that with the usual brainfart in defence and we didn't really deserve to win. Could have actually lost it at the death.

For all the bellyaching about Henderson I think he's been better than Both Can and Wijnaldum so far this season. I can't even tell if Wijnaldum is playing in half these games at the moment.

Think the international break has actually come at the right time for us. Looks like everyone could do with getting away from each other for a bit.

Mmmm it'll click soon :)
    12 pts after 7 games isn't bad to be fair.

• Advertisement

Our midfield is every bit as bad as defence or our forwards there's no drive or creativity whatsoever in any of them,fcukin useless bunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lack of spending in the summer has come back to bite us already by the looks of things. Should of broke the bank and signed keita and van dijk at any cost.

Still only 3 points off 3rd place its not all doom and gloom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I am sure we will turn it around eventually, hopefully it is before we have managed to fall way behind in the league and get knocked out of the CL.

Coutinho back is great but Firmino and Mane have lost a bit of form now.
    Its not the worst result in the world today and Newcastle made it very difficult to break them down the way they set up but we really need a run of wins whatever way we get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

At least we are not losing games. Our 3 draws were games we deserved to win, on paper at least.

martyos121 wrote: »
    black-kettle.jpg

Oh sorry,I should have said they guy is a genius right!!!
    People need to open their fcukin eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Klopp needed a striker, left back and a centre half in the summer and bought a left back back only. And doesn't play him. That team is a good team but given the strength of our rivals I don't think we have a hope of top 4 this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The spine of the team isn't strong enough.

Goalkeepers not the greatest, CB needs improving, Henderson isn't a DM and DS15 hasn't been a striker for 2.5 seasons now.

Out of interest shamrock do you think a new manager would get better results or what ?

Me personally i think any manager is doomed to fail at this club because of our owners and their relectance to spend money on world class players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If you don't invest correctly, this will continue to happen. It's not difficult to comprehend.

Central defence is weak.
    Full backs are weak.
    DM is weak.
    Striker is weak (in terms of actual consistent goalscoring).
    Wing forwards and AMs are insanely strong.

You look at our team, and as the opposition, all you need to do is crowd the centre, force the ball wide to our full backs, then clear the ball. Rinse, repeat.

Apart from Coutinho's worldie, did we really create much bar Newcastle gifts?

And as usual, we give up an easy chance, and the opposition score from their first real attack/shot.

It's getting boring at this stage.

• Advertisement

Lallana a huge loss.
    Clyne less so but be good to have him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

But we have a brilliant manager right???

He is a Utd fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

What you say holds no weight when you say the same things every day rain or shine. Surely you realise this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

We don't actually have a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Ya I could nearly copy and paste at this stage. Same **** different match

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Problem was two of our front three had stinkers today. Sturridge and unusually Mane. Only Salah was decent. Couple that with the usual brainfart in defence and we didn't really deserve to win. Could have actually lost it at the death.

For all the bellyaching about Henderson I think he's been better than Both Can and Wijnaldum so far this season. I can't even tell if Wijnaldum is playing in half these games at the moment.

Think the international break has actually come at the right time for us. Looks like everyone could do with getting away from each other for a bit.

Problem was we are incapable of winning games 1-0.

The strikers are not going to bang in 3 or 4 goals every week, good teams keep clean sheets.

I hope we make the most of the champions league this season cause we're not going to be in it next year unless these issues are sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana's press is hugely missed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Image1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Three goals in a week for Coutinho is the only silver lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Definitely. What has happened to our pressing? Teams have so much time to get their heads up and pass the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

And when he's back someone else will be missed. Plenty of players there to be doing better than we have been doing.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Out of interest shamrock do you think a new manager would get better results or what ?

Me personally i think any manager is doomed to fail at this club because of our owners and their relectance to spend money on world class players

I honestly do yea,I'd try for ancellotti in the morning,gifted manager with a brain and more then one game plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

One nil up against a pretty toothless attack. That defensive line is just unfathomable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

awec wrote: »
    Problem was we are incapable of winning games 1-0.

This is the main problem. We were extremely comfortable in the majority of our games this season, and should be able to close them out.

Today even at 1-1 Sturridge had an excellent chance and fluffed his lines. I love him as a player but he doesn't work hard enough and disrupts the flow of the other members of the front three. For him to be playing he has to be clinical, unfortunately that hasn't been happening for him.

Solanke and Firmino did more in their cameos than Sturridge in the second half.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ricero wrote: »

No because there is a chronic lack of defensive talent in the squad. That's the manager's fault but replacing him won't fix it. He needs to fix it.

It's only October and we must already be counting down to the 1st January so we can buy a centre half that isn't hopeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I honestly do yea,I'd try for ancellotti in the morning,gifted manager with a brain and more then one game plan

I think you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Klopp has been here two years, he took over a team in turmoil. Improved our squad massively and has shown that he has the ability to get this team playing amazing football. Its a bad run. It happens. A month ago i'm sure you thought he was great when we gave Arsenal a hiding. Like I said, you haven't a clue.

What you say holds no weight when you say the same things every day rain or shine. Surely you realise this?

Just like klopp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

I don't think Ancelotti would be a good fit for Liverpool.

Klopp is here for the long term, he's shown enough to be given more time I think.

Although I do wonder how Rafa would do with this squad and our increased spending power but we forget how poor we were under him at times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just like klopp

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Not if Milan get there first.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I think you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Klopp has been here two years, he took over a team in turmoil. Improved our squad massively and has shown that he has the ability to get this team playing amazing football. Its a bad run. It happens. A month ago i'm sure you thought he was great when we gave Arsenal a hiding. Like I said, you haven't a clue.

No point in improving the squad if your serving up this **** every wk,we've had one good game this season, ONE think about it,we've had a lot more bad then good anyway that's for sure and I don't think klopp can change it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I don't think Ancelotti would be a good fit for Liverpool.

Klopp is here for the long term, he's shown enough to be given more time I think.

Honestly, I'd still give Klopp another two years before making any kind of judgement because there's no-one else out there. Just hope he sees the same constant holes in the squad that everyone else does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

No point in improving the squad if your serving up this **** every wk,we've had one good game this season, ONE think about it,we've had a lot more bad then good anyway that's for sure and I don't think klopp can change it tbh

What game have we been outplayed in? Man City when we were down to 10 men. Thats it. We've dominated every other game and created enough chances to win (but not an insane number that the shots stats dictate but more than enough to be winning these games).

Thankfully the owners we have aren't knee jerking idiots. You're going to be massively dissapointed if you're hoping for Klopp to be gone. He'll be here for a long time. I've no doubt about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Interesting that there's chatter about a potential new manager. That's how bad things are defensively.

Mate of mine reckons we should take a chance on Xabi Alonso. Highly intelligent and has played under Rafa, Pep, Jose, Ancelotti...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Honestly, I'd still give Klopp another two years before making any kind of judgement because there's no-one else out there. Just hope he sees the same constant holes in the squad that everyone else does.

Oh yeah, it's not a crisis or anything like that. A slow start to the season but there is a long, long way to go.

The main issue I have with the team is the way we concede goals. It's extremely worrying that Klopp can't sort that out.

Ardent wrote: »
    Interesting that there's chatter about a potential new manager. That's how bad things are defensively.

Mate of mine reckons we should take a chance on Xabi Alonso. Highly intelligent and has played under Rafa, Pep, Jose, Ancelotti...

:pac::pac::pac:

not really just the usual impatient lot in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Talk of replacing Klopp so early into his reign is just ridiculous.

Problem is the transfer window we just had.

Full of near misses and fantasy bids for Lemar etc but at the end of the day Klopp is left with a poor defence and unsolved problems.

Nothing to do with FSG of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

New manager talk now talk about knee jerk reactions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think talk of replacing Klopp is very premature. But the criticism he gets about our defensive displays are fully warranted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

awec wrote: »
    No because there is a chronic lack of defensive talent in the squad. That's the manager's fault but replacing him won't fix it. He needs to fix it..

I am a fan of Klopp but I am pretty confident that the defensive frailty is as much down to coaching and tactics as it is to the players.

If you want a concrete example, the opposing coach in today's match would address most of our defensive issues pretty quickly I reckon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement