Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

General premier league thread now turned into crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ardent wrote: »
    Interesting that there's chatter about a potential new manager.

There is?

Don't think Klopp is going anywhere anytime soon to be honest but he also needs to stop keeping faith in some under performing players. He can be as positive as he likes with them but it's not going to make them any better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There is?

Just a couple tantrums is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Talk of klopp out is just pitiful. Unless he walks he won't be getting sacked in next 2 yrs.

It's a frustrating spell but a win over Utd could really turn the season around.

We have had far more good days than bad so far under Klopp and a couple of frustrating draws shouldn't be hysteria inducing but there will always be head the balls screaming for sackings and sellups!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Thankfully the owners we have aren't knee jerking idiots. You're going to be massively dissapointed if you're hoping for Klopp to be gone. He'll be here for a long time. I've no doubt about it.

Yep, spot on imo. But its been an awful frustrating run of results and we definitely need to bring in a top class CB in January, at the very least.

I'd say confidence is a bit low at the mo, and that breeds errors and players snatching at things at the other end too.
    The Man Utd game could hopefully be a turning point, God knows we need one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Any talk of a new manager is absolutely mental.

Going to be a long two weeks now before this Utd game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ricero wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac:

not really just the usual impatient lot in here
    Just a couple tantrums is all.

Why is this necessary.

It is a somewhat hasty reaction but things are getting worse at the moment and the manager appears to be making poor decisions around player selection. Klopp is an extremely likeable person. I desperately want him to be successful but you still have to be capable of being impartial.

The reality is that we haven't won anything and it isn't looking particularly likely that we will. You have to be realistic around expectations - let's face it, the PL was never on the cards, nor was the CL - but top 4 is looking somewhat suspect and we are already out of one of the cups.

Set aside the over reactions suggesting that he should be replaced and actually acknowledge that we are pretty damn **** at the moment.

Why is this necessary.

It is a somewhat hasty reaction but things are getting worse at the moment and the manager appears to be making poor decisions around player selection. Klopp is an extremely likeable person. I desperately want him to be successful but you still have to be capable of being impartial.

The reality is that we haven't won anything and it isn't looking particularly likely that we will. You have to be realistic around expectations - let's face it, the PL was never on the cards, nor was the CL - but top 4 is looking somewhat suspect and we are already out of one of the cups.

Set aside the over reactions suggesting that he should replace and actually acknowledge that we are pretty damn **** at the moment.

I replied to a post saying people calling for Klopp Out are just throwing tantrums, never did I say there's anything wrong with criticism of Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Talk of klopp out is just pitiful. Unless he walks he won't be getting sacked in next 2 yrs.

It's a frustrating spell but a win over Utd could really turn the season around.

We have had far more good days than bad so far under Klopp and a couple of frustrating draws shouldn't be hysteria inducing but there will always be head the balls screaming for sackings and sellups!!

You can't get a free ride - just because he is all smiles and the craic.

He has a job to do.

One of them is to solve our defensive issues - he hasn't

Has Rodgers still got a better win % ?

We are out of EFL - look a bit doge in Europe are equal on points with watford and burnley - have conceeded 12 goals versus the top teams at 2.

I understand hysteria - but equally , these are real issues - a few laughs and smiles from Klopp is not enough at this point.

I wouldn't call that hysteria - it is facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I replied to a post saying people calling for Klopp Out are just throwing tantrums, never did I say there's anything wrong with criticism of Klopp.

You just strongly imply it. It's ok, I get you like posting in a hugbox. Some people do.

You can't get a free ride - just because he is all smiles and the craic.

He has a job to do.

One of them is to solve our defensive issues - he hasn't

Has Rodgers still got a better win % ?

We are out of EFL - look a bit doge in Europe are equal on points with watford and burnley - have conceeded 12 goals versus the top teams at 2.

I understand hysteria - but equally , these are real issues - a few laughs and smiles from Klopp is not enough at this point.

I wouldn't call that hysteria - it is facts.

He is not getting a free ride.

Today's goal against was bad luck, another day that could have gone out of play.

Goals against is a bit scewed because of the Man City game when down to 10 men.

Out of the EFL cup so what.

Europe still a long way to go, and well Liverpool could be almost threw in there next two games with wins

Oh cares about win % V Rogers when he had the best player in the Premier league at the time to pull him out of sticky holes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

murpho999 wrote: »
    Talk of replacing Klopp so early into his reign is just ridiculous.

Problem is the transfer window we just had.

Full of near misses and fantasy bids for Lemar etc but at the end of the day Klopp is left with a poor defence and unsolved problems.

Nothing to do with FSG of course.

Don't forget klopp said we didn't need centre halvesðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Today's goal against was bad luck, another day that could have gone out of play.

Europe still a long way to go, and well Liverpool could be almost threw in there next two games with wins

Oh cares about win % V Rogers when he had the best player in the Premier league at the time to pull him out of sticky holes.

So good young players are now sat waiting until January for a game. It was a dismal performance and part of the run of them.

Even removing that game fully.

We have conceded - 4 times the amount of goals - yes 4 times (400%) more than top 2.

I think if people think that our goals conceded were bad luck of some sort - they should really take the fan boy head off.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No it wasn't.

It 100% was not bad luck. It was yet another basic pass right up the middle that completely destroyed our defence.

As for the "out of the EFL cup so what" stuff. You might not have noticed but we have won fcuk all in 5 years. We are not a good enough team to be picky about what cups we win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Don't forget klopp said we didn't need centre halvesðŸ˜

Well van gyjk or whatever certainly didn't look the and today !

So good young players are now sat waiting until January for a game. It was a dismal performance and part of the run of them.

If they are good enough they will get time in games

It was bad luck in the finish yes but it came about due to more rank bad defending. Again.

**** the EFL Cup. We didn't want that silverwear anyway.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    No it wasn't.

It 100% was not bad luck. It was yet another basic pass right up the middle that completely destroyed our defence.

As for the "out of the EFL cup so what" stuff. You might not have noticed but we have won fcuk all in 5 years. We are not a good enough team to be picky about what cups we win.

Yes - but the only target Liverpool fans have is a magical 2 points per game

such nonsense.

The money in the game is incredible - if you don't invest in weak parts of team - you are gone - Klopp played roulette with our season and it is gone 7 games in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Do we think a formation change would help?

awec wrote: »
    No it wasn't.

Teams will get caught with threw balls the odd time, it is how the players react Matip got back was able to make a challenge another day that tackle would have seen the ball go out of play for a throw in instead of hitting the Newcastle player.

EFL Cup this season with CL is just a distraction of extra games the Liverpool did not need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Lovren's chance in the first half with the ball at his feet 4 yards out was a sitter.

None of our players are showing composure. There's an element of panic about everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

noodler wrote: »
    Sick of this ****e.

Attempts stats will make it look like we made loads of great chances.

We really didn't.

We made more than enough to win the game.

We should've scored 3 or 4 more goals.

Confidence, personnel, settling into the system. There's probably lots of reasons why the results are bad.

Mane and Sturridge were both fairly rubbish today. Firmino has been poor of late.
    Despite that we're still creating buckets of chances and ripping teams apart, so what shouldn't be in any doubt is the overall strategy and the overall performance of the team.
    Even when, individually, our players aren't having the best game, as a team, we're creating far more good chances every game than the opposition. That's an incredibly important step.

I'm reminded a bit of Rodgers' first season. You can see what's working, but the results aren't coming together to justify it.

Maybe we need to tweak some things. Drop a little deeper, play a bit slower at times, be happy to just hang on to possession a bit more, at least until we can feel our way into the system and build up a bit of momentum.
    When we decided to start grinding out results last season, when we had to do without Mane, we just made it work. I don't think Klopp wanted to make a retrograde step like that early in the season, but the way things are shaping up he mightn't have a choice.
    Or maybe we just need to stick at it this season until it clicks and, over the coming years, continue to build the team to fit this system.

Top 4 doesn't look likely this year. 4 excellent teams that have had more money put into them, more time to develop or both are favourites to finish there.
    It's a shame, but there's not much we can do about it except keep trying to improve.

weren't you already asked to stop by a mod?

To stop posting? No, I was told, along with you, to tone down the aggression. I have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Such a poxy goal to concede! I reckon Paul Konchesky's mother has placed a hex on us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Vicxas wrote: »
    Do we think a formation change would help?

Not sure we have the players to do that offensively at least. There’s no real strikers in the squad that can serve as the focal point of the attack so you have to go with what you have.

Unless you want to give Ings or Solanke a proper run of games and let them settle in up there, which I wouldn’t be against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Poor start to the season league wise, international break and then at home to united and I certainly don't fancy us in that one. All very meh so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd take a one legged broken down tired no touch Fun Bobby over DS15 any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Henderson and Wijnaldum are an horrendous partnership by the way.

Neither of them can control the football well enough, pass the ball accurately enough, or control the tempo properly. It's infuriating to watch.

They're superb when the opposition have the ball, but when we have it for long periods, some of their stuff is just criminal.

Every game, for instance, there will be 2 or 3 times that Henderson gets a ball back to him on the edge of the box from his RB, and he'll loop up the shíttiest cross into the box you've ever seen. It's embarrassing, Championship level stuff. You'll also see he and Wij, multiple times, have plenty of time to take the ball down from w clearance, only to head it or boot it straight back. It's comical.

Emre Can, as shít as he's been, at least tries to pretend he's a competent CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

The goal conceded wasn't a ricochet or bad luck, it was two CB'S letting a player of limited ability get the better of them. If that s team was a five side team they would win all before them such is the quality further forward. The midfield defensively is **** and the defence is above relegation standard. If we do finish fourth this year then we'll done Klopp. Well done Benitez today, he knows his business. Hopefully one day he will return!

As for so what about being out of the league cup? That's pretty pathetic! It's a professional trophy, third most important one in England! We are not guaranteed to finish in European places so it could have been something to add to our history of winning. The fact we are out is nothing to be proud off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

__________Mig_____
    Clyne_Matip_Lovern_Milner
    _____Henderson______
    __Lallana_______Wiji_______
    Mane___Firmino___Coutinho

We're weaker now. We've not improved first team, we've a worse one now.
    Last seasons line up was better by far.

__________Mig_____
    Clyne_Matip_Lovern_Milner
    _____Henderson______
    __Lallana_______Wiji_______
    Mane___Firmino___Coutinho

We're weaker now. We've not improved first team, we've a worse one now.
    Last seasons line up was better by far.

I pretty much never take you seriously but this post just doesn't make sense. It's the same starting line up plus Salah. It's not like we sold Clyne and Lallana or are refusing to play them, they're injured.

When and if everyone is fit to play I'd like to see us go with 4231 formation.

Mignolet

Clyne
    Matip
    Lovern
    Moreno

Can
    Wijnaldum

Coutinho
    Mane/Salah
    Salah/Mane

Fun Bobby

Or drop Coutinho back for Wijnaldum and bring Lallana in for the middle of the 3.

• Advertisement

Is Robertson not worth a run in the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is Robertson not worth a run in the team?

I was going say this too. What has he to do, has looked very good when given the chance. Meanwhile Moreno is telling people to shut up after a few average performances. Don't understand it.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Henderson and Wijnaldum are an horrendous partnership by the way.

Neither of them can control the football well enough, pass the ball accurately enough, or control the tempo properly. It's infuriating to watch.

They're superb when the opposition have the ball, but when we have it for long periods, some of their stuff is just criminal.

Every game, for instance, there will be 2 or 3 times that Henderson gets a ball back to him on the edge of the box from his RB, and he'll loop up the shíttiest cross into the box you've ever seen. It's embarrassing, Championship level stuff. You'll also see he and Wij, multiple times, have plenty of time to take the ball down from w clearance, only to head it or boot it straight back. It's comical.

Emre Can, as shít as he's been, at least tries to pretend he's a competent CM.

Can has been the worst of them all this season. Which is why he's pretty much been dropped recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

If you're not going to buy a CB in the transfer window because the one player you want can't sign for you then fair enough.
    To then state that they'd looked at hundreds of other options and not seen one better than Lovren, that's stretching it a little, no?
    If you don't buy and no-one can seriously improve our present defence, at the very least you'd expect a huge upturn in the performance of your back 4, no? Have we? Do they look like we've spent time coaching them how to defend?
    You do happen to buy a LB who, when put into the team, immediately looks an upgrade on Moreno, not least his crossing ability, but who then can't even make the squad.
    We decide to make the most inept keeper we've had in years as our first choice for CL matches, a competition we strived hard to get into last season.

Everything about Klopp's decision making regarding our defence has been pretty shambolic and there isn't the slightest suggestion that it's getting any better.

Can has been the worst of them all this season. Which is why he's pretty much been dropped recently.

Can played all summer for Germany and that is catching up with him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Thank fcuk for the international break,never thought I'd utter those words,the pool are really putting a downer on my weekends/midweeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I pretty much never take you seriously but this post just doesn't make sense. It's the same starting line up plus Salah. It's not like we sold Clyne and Lallana or are refusing to play them, they're injured.

With everyone fit would Salah even make team. If not then team has not improved.

Lallana_Hen_Wiji
    Mane_Firmino_Couthino

I dunno who gets dropped. Our problems are behind these 6 players and we didn't address them in summer.
    Milner was considered the rock of the side last season, and yet he's dropped to allow Moreno play.
    Moving Mane and Couthino makes us weaker as does dropping Milner.

Nice to see a bit of realism in thread now.

The Arsenal result was a total aberration - we seem a very flakey team confidence wise. Like the Mane red and we havent recovered.

There doesn't seem to be anyone on the pitch who commands the various parts of the pitch.

Migs - lacks any comanding presence
    Back 4 a joke
    Middle of the park no one playing with great leadership
    Up front fantastic individuals - but all somewhat introverted and slight.

Henderson and Can - are meant to be that command the pitch and team men - Milner when he is playing. But he is not there at present and the other two having a bad run.

We bascially lack character.

When we are up we are unreal - when we are down we are Palace with chances.

You know we are fcuked if Toby is talking realism time to give up on everything and sack the manager and players and get rid of the owners and close down the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

The season is far from over and talk of getting in a new manager is reactionary.

Klopp is a good but frustrating manager. If Liverpool click then I think they can do well but my fear is that Klopps instructions are either too complicated for some players or the players don't have the skillset or the system as it is now will never suit these players.

Klopp is visibly frustrated that the same mistakes keep happening and perhaps he might be realising what I have said above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rafa you sly old dog.

brevity wrote: »
    The season is far from over and talk of getting in a new manager is reactionary.

Klopp is a good but frustrating manager. If Liverpool click then I think they can do well but my fear is that Klopps instructions are either too complicated for some players or the players don't have the skillset or the system as it is now will never suit these players.

Klopp is visibly frustrated that the same mistakes keep happening and perhaps he might be realising what I have said above.

But the love in with Klopp was over reactionary too.

We are in a results game.

Most fans knew how serious the issues were at the back for a long time - and Klopp has let the transfer deadline go without sorting it.

"Might be realising" is ridiculous and not good enough - he is the Liverpool manager.

He had the resources - but he didn't do a thing. It was a chronic error.

This season is over. And Klopp is to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Any chance klopp has lost the dressing room,cos something is very wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

martyos121 wrote: »
    Em, yeah of course it does? Ref spots that, it's a penalty and probably a point less on the table. :confused:

You really believe a point less on the table makes any difference to this team..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Any chance klopp has lost the dressing room,cos something is very wrong

Ah jasus

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement