Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Ya know the more I think about it the more I feel like the game as a whole needs a big club to just hold some wantaway player to their contract after they have gone on strike or whatever. I get the whole players aren't slaves argument but nobody is forcing these men to sign the contracts in the first place. Every player knows that no club is gonna let a player of Coutinho's stature rot in the reserves for a season let alone the entirety of their contracts so they end up with too much power. I think all it would take is one club to follow through with the threat of leaving a player that goes on strike rot in the reserves for the remainder of their contract and players would quickly start changing their tune on refusing to play cos they want a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder how much Barca put Coutinho's buyout clause at in his contract for when they were going to unveil him last week at that press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

mormank wrote: »
    Ya know the more I think about it the more I feel like the game as a whole needs a big club to just hold some wantaway player to their contract after they have gone on strike or whatever. I get the whole players aren't slaves argument but nobody is forcing these men to sign the contracts in the first place. Every player knows that no club is gonna let a player of Coutinho's stature rot in the reserves for a season let alone the entirety of their contracts so they end up with too much power. I think all it would take is one club to follow through with the threat of leaving a player that goes on strike rot in the reserves for the remainder of their contract and players would quickly start changing their tune on refusing to play cos they want a move.

Agree with this, we should keep him for a season regardless of what comes out, we have no option at this stage cause I can't see us doing anything in the transfer market.
    If we loose him and don't buy, we'll do badly, loose more next year and we'll be at the beginning of a rebuild phase again. It's really frustrating to not see us push on a bit this Summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

colly10 wrote: »
    Agree with this, we should keep him for a season regardless of what comes out, we have no option at this stage cause I can't see us doing anything in the transfer market.
    If we loose him and don't buy, we'll do badly, loose more next year and we'll be at the beginning of a rebuild phase again. It's really frustrating to not see us push on a bit this Summer

h2odu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports tonight that Juve will come back in for Can in January when he is free to talk to European Clubs if he doesn't sign a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

h2odu.jpg

Settle down there, it's a typo

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Reports tonight that Juve will come back in for Can in January when he is free to talk to European Clubs if he doesn't sign a new contract.

If he hasn't signed anything before January then it's only because he's leaving. At least that's done 'properly' compared to Coutinho anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Kudos to whoever flagged the GOT spoiler, I would've been fairly Pissed off at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Kudos to whoever flagged the GOT spoiler, I would've been fairly Pissed off at that.

I read it and had no idea what I was looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I read it and had no idea what I was looking at.

You don't watch the show?

Or was it not really a spoiler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can't even send Sakho round to fix it up.

Can send Phil round to fix it might help his back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Charlie19 wrote: »
    You don't watch the show?

Or was it not really a spoiler?

Lets just say you'd be massively upset if you like the show.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Delighted FSG have rejected the bid instantly. Am I the only one who doesn't care if it's 90m or 150m? What good is an extra X million to the club as a fan when we can't buy our top/only targets to begin with? We really seem to struggle getting the level of player we all cry out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I seem to be getting the cloudflare message when I try to log in, the same as after the attack last year, is anyone else seeing it or is it something with my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

sword1 wrote: »
    I seem to be getting the cloudflare message when I try to log in, the same as after the attack last year, is anyone else seeing it or is it something with my phone

Their DDOS protection must be kicking in. Say someone is acting the maggot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

noodler wrote: »
    I can't even see the point in shifting Sakho now.

I agree not worth the risk, it could ruin your friendship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

sword1 wrote: »

Yeah, just happened to me on the laptop. Barcelona are trying to unsettle the thread. Be strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No Mané, Coutinho or Lallana. Bloody hell.

Think we'll struggle today.

• Advertisement

The fact that this is happening now when we can actually do something is probably a good thing?

NukaCola wrote: »
    The fact that this is happening now when we can actually do something is probably a good thing?

Like last January??!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Like last January??!

The reality and a big concern I have is this is probably it for the season too. Klopp rarely adds in January. I really cant understand the reluctance to spend. I hope we do something but yea, you're right, it doesn't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Looking forward to seeing Sturridge or Solanke.

It's a bit of a kick in the nuts but we need to be able to manage this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gbear wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Sturridge or Solanke.

You'll get Origi & be happy with it, ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

rob316 wrote: »
    The true fee is a guaranteed £80m, with a string of improbable targets triggering further payments.

These ‘never-never payments’ would include Coutinho...

Winning multiple trophies in the same season
    Winning multiple Champions League titles
    Winning the Ballon d’Or as the world’s best player
    Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon D’Or in the same season
    Payment of the basic £80m fee staggered over five years

lol get ****ed Barca

Saw someone on Twitter saying we should counter Barca's offer by offering €300m for Messi.

€80m upfront and €220m when Everton win the Champions League. :D

NukaCola wrote: »
    The reality and a big concern I have is this is probably it for the season too. Klopp rarely adds in January. I really cant understand the reluctance to spend. I hope we do something but yea, you're right, it doesn't look good.

I can't understand it either. Are the owners planning to sell or whats the story ?

This really was the season to kick on but I think we'll go backwards again. Happened under Rafa and Rodgers too.

I can't understand it either. Are the owners planning to sell or whats the story ?

This really was the season to kick on but I think we'll go backwards again. Happened under Rafa and Rodgers too.

Sighs.....Klopp is the problem here and now not the owners.

On Mane Joyce says unlikely to start, so he'll be on the bench.

Sighs.....Klopp is the problem here and now not the owners.

I would say it's a bit of both Harry tbh.

Klopp is a smart guy. He basically froze Moreno out last season and then he starts as 1st choice this season.

CB is a problem, no signing. CM needs quality, no signing.

Not good enough tbh.

Our squad looking thin already and we're only 2 games in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Saw someone on Twitter saying we should counter Barca's offer by offering €300m for Messi.

€80m upfront and €220m when Everton win the Champions League. :D

Cornflakes, meet screen. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lose and I'm off match threads for the season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

paulie21 wrote: »
    Lose and I'm off match threads for the season :pac:

Lose and I'm jumping ship to hurling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I wonder how much Barca put Coutinho's buyout clause at in his contract for when they were going to unveil him last week at that press conference.
    Tree fiddy, I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Other than making money available for Klopp to spend how exactly would you like FSG to get involved in transfers? Would you like them to buy players Klopp doesn't want and force him to work with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Im trying to wait until the end of the transfer window before I go off on one but it's not easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

brevity wrote: »
    Im trying to wait until the end of the transfer window before I go off on one but it's not easy.

Same but it's looking increasingly likely we will be blowing a gasket.

TAA injured too I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Palace look good value at 8/1

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

redzerdrog wrote: »

Always do at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

redzerdrog wrote: »

8/1 in a 2 horse race against a 3 legged horse who has no tail to whip the flies off?
    Wow.

• Advertisement

8/1 in a 2 horse race against a 3 legged horse who has no tail to whip the flies off?
    Wow.

3 horse race including the draw :)

Palace going for 4 wins in a row at Anfield i think

Other than making money available for Klopp to spend how exactly would you like FSG to get involved in transfers? Would you like them to buy players Klopp doesn't want and force him to work with them?

I would! :pac:
    brevity wrote: »

Indeed. They'll be eruptions if Kloop talks about the perfect player/s not being available and giving youth a chance.

Klopp is a smart guy. He basically froze Moreno out last season and then he starts as 1st choice this season.

CB is a problem, no signing. CM needs quality, no signing.

Not good enough tbh.

Our squad looking thin already and we're only 2 games in.

A bit of both?
    I'm not sure how it is really, they're making money available & refusing to sell Phil.
    Klopp seems overly focussed on landing players from a tiny list that he is working off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Jermaine Jenas just made my sh1t-list. He can feck right off with his "Liverpool are damaged by Coutinho stance" horse sh1t. It's obvious he wants his beloved Spurs to finish above Liverpool again year, I just thought he had more about him as a pundit and a person to publicly agitate for the release of a top quality player from the Premiership. What a nonce. Feck off and mind your own business you irritating obsequious knob end.
    Does it hurt Chelsea that Costa has been ridiculing his club for the past year? There is no comparison between the supposed "damage" done by Coutinho to Liverpool compared to Costa's to Chelsea. Coutinho is a complete amateur when it comes to "causing trouble for his club" and Jenas should recognise that and shut his cake hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

garra wrote: »
    Jermaine Jenas just made my sh1t-list. He can feck right off with his "Liverpool are damaged by Coutinho stance" horse sh1t. It's obvious he wants his beloved Spurs to finish above Liverpool again year, I just thought he had more about him as a pundit and a person to publicly agitate for the release of a top quality player from the Premiership. What a nonce. Feck off and mind your own business you irritating obsequious knob end.
    Does it hurt Chelsea that Costa has been ridiculing his club for the past year? There is no comparison between the supposed "damage" done by Coutinho to Liverpool compared to Costa's to Chelsea. Coutinho is a complete amateur when it comes to "causing trouble for his club" and Jenas should recognise that and shut his cake hole.

Is taking Jenas seriously a thing now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

corwill wrote: »
    Is taking Jenas seriously a thing now?

Ah. Maybe I missed the irony in his reportage

Jermaine Jenas is nice enough to bring home to meet your mother but as a pundit has all the insight and bite of a mollusc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Last 5 results vs Crystal Palace in the league:

Liverpool 1 - 2 Crystal Palace
    Crystal Palace 2 - 4 Liverpool
    Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Liverpool
    Liverpool 1 - 2 Crystal Palace
    Liverpool 1 - 3 Crystal Palace

Home record is pretty grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,634 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jermaine Jenas is nice enough to bring home to meet your mother but as a pundit has all the insight and bite of a mollusc

Brilliant :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement