Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

The Ox is even worse than I thought he was and I didn't have high hopes for him from the start. And we spent 35M on him. Good jaysus.

At that price he just needs to be better than Andy Carroll was :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Robertson had a very good game for Scotland tonight. Can probably cross off the "Hes just become a new dad his life could be much harder etc etc" angle as to why he's not getting game time......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Can't believe the love for Rio,the guy is an utter knobhead,and that's being nice, also Robertson should be in ahead of that clown Moreno every day of the wk,just another one of klopps very bad defensive decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Damn I gotta watch more Bill Burr!

Himself and Louis CK are the two best living comedians imo. You gotta watch more of both of them. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

mormank wrote: »
    Himself and Louis CK are the two best living comedians imo. You gotta watch more of both of them. :D

And Jim Jefferies, how can you possibly omit Jim Jefferies????

Given recent events in Las Vegas his "Gun Control" sketch is even more relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

You know when Shamrock is posting much more often things are not going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'll also add Doug Stanhope to that list. He's up there with the other three mentioned, for sure.

Tom Segura can be very funny too, although his style is quite different.

MD1990 wrote: »

If you ignore the one win in 7 thing, big picture, at a glance things aren't bad. CL knock out round qualification still very much alive and likely, 12 pts after 7 PL games after playing Man City and Arsenal.

Lallana and Clyne are our only injured players ........accepting Lovren is walking wounded.

World Class manager.

We've gone through a dodgyish spell but we are nicely poised to kick on if that spell is over, the impact of it was minimal (a domestic cup exit to Leicester)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    I'll also add Doug Stanhope to that list. He's up there with the other three mentioned, for sure.

Tom Segura can be very funny too, although his style is quite different.

Dave Chapelle too.

Doug Stanhope is great. I love his bit about patriotism & nationalism. He was on Joe Rogan and he mentions being off his tits in some hotel with Dylan Moran - doing the country proud there Dylan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Heading over to the game next Saturday. Looking forward to the mosaic on the Kop for Dalglish ...and obviously the three points and us stuffing the mancs!!:P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Henderson sure did get slaughtered on twitter last night. Is he the best midfielder in the country, is he the best we can get, and England can field.

What kind of a stupid fcukin statement is that,I'm posting no more or less then usual

mormank wrote: »

Been watching Netflix recently and watched a bill burr show,and that Aussie lad both are good but are nothing compared to Frankie Boyle,although he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea I think he's brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Henderson sure did get slaughtered on twitter last night. Is he the best midfielder in the country, is he the best we can get, and England can field.

Neil Lennon was tearing him to strips in the final 15 minutes. Pointing out that he kept running beyond the ball rather than waiting to run on to it, and also dragging his marker deep into the box, causing congestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Jesus no, and who cares...

• Advertisement

And Jim Jefferies, how can you possibly omit Jim Jefferies????

Given recent events in Las Vegas his "Gun Control" sketch is even more relevant.

I was drunk at the time and completely forgot about Jim Jefferies. In fact I had just shown this Jim Jefferies gun control bit to a room full of people just before i came home and everyone loved it. I really have no excuse for forgetting him. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

not yet wrote: »
    Jesus no, and who cares...

Seem answer is yes considering England and Liverpool name if first when fit.
    England have no options, but Liverpool of course can sign anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Seeing as we need more comedy ahead of tonight's match, I present Burr's defence of Arnie from a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

@Garra. You mustn't have watched the clip that was posted on the last page:)

Bill is really funny!

Think it was on here when I first heard about him along with Luis CK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

garra wrote: »
    Seeing as we need more comedy ahead of tonight's match, I present Burr's defence of Arnie from a few years ago
    Haha also good. I forgot about that whole saga tbh :o

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    What kind of a stupid fcukin statement is that,I'm posting no more or less then usual

I see more posts from you when we are in poor form. It gives you something to give out about.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    @Garra. You mustn't have watched the clip that was posted on the last page:)

Bill is really funny!

Think it was on here when I first heard about him along with Luis CK.

Good chance this was me. I try to bring up Bill Burr and especially Louis Ck as often as is possible on a footie thread. :D Saw them both live last August in Ireland. They are both excellent.

Well, just because you were so aggressive about it I had a quick look. You had 48 posts in the last thread. You have 159 in this thread. So......you are posting more often I guess. He's correct......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ben Woodburn came on for Wales but didn't touch the ball for the three minutes he played.

The u18s won thier freindly game 4-1. After a quiet start they are in pretty good form. Curtis Jones is the Liverpool player picked in the guardian's 16 year olds to follow feature this week.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Well, just because you were so aggressive about it I had a quick look. You had 48 posts in the last thread. You have 159 in this thread. So......you are posting more often I guess. He's correct......

The last one ran from June to mid Aug though.... to be fair the chap might be posting more as this thread is running in parallel with actual games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is doing the rounds.

Keita in the back row second from the left.

VWMdFvg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Not taking sides on this but some posters unfollow during the transfer window. Things are not as as bad as some make out on here yet. Two more points and we would be fourth. We are probably about where we deserve looking at the quality of the squad and the finances available .Winning the league while we can hope is not a realistic expectation.

Wrote most of this and the doorbell rang, Augeo beat me to the point about transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This is doing the rounds.

Keita in the back row second from the left.

VWMdFvg.jpg

Raheem keita:)

Augeo wrote: »
    The last one ran from June to mid Aug though.... to be fair the chap might be posting more as this thread is running in parallel with actual games :)
    sword1 wrote: »
    Not taking sides on this but some posters unfollow during the transfer window.

101 from the thread before that which included the top 4 run in or whatever, so still, 33%+ higher or so........

Someone said he was posting more often, he said he wasn't......just an observation really. I have no issue with either tbh :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

101 from the thread before that which included the top 4 run in or whatever, so still, 33%+ higher or so........

Someone said he was posting more often, he said he wasn't......just an observation really. I have no issue with either tbh :o

I hope I don't ever need that amount of 'observation'

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    I hope I don't ever need that amount of 'observation'

Well if you dont make a claim in an aggressive way that can be easily checked out in a minute or less then you have nothing to worry about.... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Researching and debating post counts ...... thread has hit a new low.....but there's always a chance it will go lower...,hate the international break.

Researching :rolleyes: clicking on post count next to the thread title......****ing hell, real CSI stuff alright.....

Someone do some "research" and throw up some Bill Burr clips there......

I see more posts from you when we are in poor form. It gives you something to give out about.

If that's the case I'd be on here 24/7 wouldn't I, and anyway wtf is it to you when and what I post

Sweet Jesus how sad are you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

What's the story with Jay Spearing? I read a report earlier that Blackpool have given him a contract as he'd been without a club soccer Bolton gave him the door in May.

He's 28, WTF??

Sweet Jesus how sad are you

Rich coming from you alright..... :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Researching :rolleyes: clicking on post count next to the thread title......****ing hell, real CSI stuff alright.....

Someone do some "research" and throw up some Bill Burr clips there......

CSI is more investigating than research, the clue is in the name ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

What's the story with Jay Spearing? I read a report earlier that Blackpool have given him a contract as he'd been without a club soccer Bolton gave him the door in May.

He's 28, WTF??

He's crap?!

That and his wage demands at that level were probably too high.

Local lads get brownie points on here and at the club. He's found his level. Sadly I reckon it's the same level Flanno should be at.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »

I knew that.....CSR is what I meant....ahem....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ShamoBuc wrote: »

He should have said, 'real ERSI type stuff'*

giphy.gif

*The Economic and Social Research Institute, for those who don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He should have said, 'real ERSI type stuff'*

giphy.gif

*The Economic and Social Research Institute, for those who don't know.

Daaaaammmn Owayn...

bf9.gif

If that's the case I'd be on here 24/7 wouldn't I, and anyway wtf is it to you when and what I post

Its an observation. Chill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah, well chuffed with myself.
    Was getting worried I wouldn't pop in 2017, what with it being October but an ersi/csi wordplay

2Lg8xIK.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

just to take the piss altogether with clogging the page up with images lol

• Advertisement

Rich coming from you alright..... :pac:

Don't think I've ever checked up another posters past history to make a point though

Don't think I've ever checked up another posters past history to make a point though

I clicked the thread post number next to the title of the thread....simple, a 1 minute job, I didn't go into your post history. Its not like i hacked your account and posted your address or anything ffs.

Ben Woodburn came on for Wales but didn't touch the ball for the three minutes he played.

The u18s won thier freindly game 4-1. After a quiet start they are in pretty good form. Curtis Jones is the Liverpool player picked in the guardian's 16 year olds to follow feature this week.

Solanke scored in the England 3 v 1 Scotland U21 qualifier, TAA and Gomez also started with ex Red Ryan Fulton in goals for Scotland

Grujic played 90 in Serbias 2-0 away win.

I clicked the thread post number next to the title of the thread....simple, a 1 minute job, I didn't go into your post history. Its not like i hacked your account and posted your address or anything ffs.

The fact you even did that says enough tbh

I'd love to know what you two are are on about :)

*ignore feature very useful*

I'd love to know what you two are are on about. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement