Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The fact you even did that says enough tbh

Well, someone said you were posting more often.....you replied with "What kind of a stupid fcukin statement is that", I thought it was a fairly ott reaction, so I had a check and he was right.....so it wasn't a stupid ****in statement like you claimed, but yea make me out to be sad then when you get called on it. This is OT anyway so, for the sake of the thread I wont be saying any more on it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I want a go at having a pop off someone. Who hasn't posted in a while?

C'mere, D'Aggs, Kerry truly is the anus of this country and every post of yours is a staunch reminder of this.

tok9, you know you'll never reach perfection, otherwise you'd be tok10.

Grayditch, when was the last time you even had an analogy? Get it together man.

Rigger, your breakfast game is falling apart.

livinginkorea, Emre Can is leaving this club on a free. You're to blame.

Morzadec, remember when you had a blog and an alternative table? What happened? Haven't seen a regression like that since United under Moyes.

hefferboi, you post too infrequently to ever be hefferman.

Dickery? No.

Booyah.gif

Fite me irl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd love to know what you two are are on about :)

*ignore feature very useful*

I'd love to know what you two are are on about. ;)

The ignore feature's bollocks tbf, it still shows you that the person you've ignored has posted and I'm far too curious to not know what's been said :p

Anyway in Liverpool news, looking forward to having a quiet weekend coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

What's the story with this FSG out types on Twitter? They've been clogging up my "LFC" search feed for the last year with there bollocks.

I have a few questions, if FSG do leave, do they have an ideal owner in mind?

Having hired a world class manager (on paper), built a new stand and increased our income year on year, what more should they be doing? I accept they should be spending more money more wisely in the transfer market but who shouldn't?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

What's the story with this FSG out types on Twitter? They've been clogging up my "LFC" search feed for the last year with there bollocks.

Having hired a world class manager (on paper), built a new stand and increased our income year on year, what more should they be doing? I accept they should be spending more money more wisely in the transfer market but who shouldn't?

I think there are a lot of divs supporting LFC on Twitter. Just this morning I was replying to one who was criticising Matip.
    I made the point that, though he's looked poor at times this year, he's suffered being surrounded by dross. Couple of tweets later and he's blocked me. Jay Reilly I think it was. Pillock.

mosstin wrote: »
    I think there are a lot of divs supporting LFC on Twitter. Just this morning I was replying to one who was criticising Matip.
    I made the point that, though he's looked poor at times this year, he's suffered being surrounded by dross. Couple of tweets later and he's blocked me. Jay Reilly I think it was. Pillock.

I guess those of you who go over regularly don't find that sentiment at games?

There does seem to be a tremendous amount of twazt on there now, more so than before anyway. Maybe it's the way society is heading, instant gratification and all that but I tend to think we have a stable and pragmatic ownership, who make mistakes but run the club well. Far better than the previous owners and perhaps better than the ones before that.

I don't want to see an oil state using it's wealth to fund Liverpool at the expense of it's own citizens. Man City and PSG are everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

I guess those of you who go over regularly don't find that sentiment at games?

There does seem to be a tremendous amount of twazt on there now, more so than before anyway. Maybe it's the way society is heading, instant gratification and all that but I tend to think we have a stable and pragmatic ownership, who make mistakes but run the club well. Far better than the previous owners and perhaps better than the ones before that.

I don't want to see an oil state using it's wealth to fund Liverpool at the expense of it's own citizens. Man City and PSG are everything that is wrong with football at the moment.

I find that once you're not from the city there's a questioning of the validity of your opinion on all things LFC regardless of how often you go over. Bull**** attitude. Not sure how other fanbases are but I've found that LFC fans piss each other off a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

You don't have to go to twitter to find those types.

I find that once you're not from the city there's a questioning of the validity of your opinion on all things LFC regardless of how often you go over. Bull**** attitude. Not sure how other fanbases are but I've found that LFC fans piss each other off a lot.

I've seen a bit of that creeping in on twitter, which is understandable to a degree, most of it stems from how quiet the crowds are on match day. The fact that the vast majority of the crowd are from Liverpool seems to pass them by.

The FSG out thing is bizarre to me though, they seem to resent the fact the club is being run as a business! It is a business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Liverpool fans are special, they're real football people and very knowledgeable about the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I was at the Burnley game and was in the park and Sandon before and after and I swear to god I thought I was in oslo,it's no wonder the locals get pissed of with outoftowners

I was at the Burnley game and was in the park and Sandon before and after and I swear to god I thought I was in oslo,it's no wonder the locals get pissed of with outoftowners

You make it sound like a negative. You're Irish, I'm guessing, so they're as entitled to be there as you are, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

And so the door opens for Ricero to copy and paste his last 100 posts ;)

And so the door opens for Ricero to copy and paste his last 100 posts ;)

If he's got a viable alternative to FSG who can do better, I can get on board. Until then it might make more sense to wish they relocated to London, the club would be much more attractive to top players then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Any time I see Peter Moore tweet I have to read a few comments just to see. They act like the club was doing great before FSG and they came along and tried to burn it down.

Any time I see Peter Moore tweet I have to read a few comments just to see. They act like the club was doing great before FSG and they came along and tried to burn it down.

The club should have built better foundations following its success in the 70's and 80's, sadly the then owners refused to run it like a business.

The club should have built better foundations following its success in the 70's and 80's, sadly the then owners refused to run it like a business.

It's been worse for much longer than that. The club store was closed the day after the 2005 CL win.

You make it sound like a negative. You're Irish, I'm guessing, so they're as entitled to be there as you are, no?

Oh I know what your saying,yea I'm Irish but I can understand why the local support would be so disillusioned with it all,I was in the kop with a pall and there was what seemed like Norwegians all around us and let's just say they were taking in the atmosphere rather then creating it

Oh I know what your saying,yea I'm Irish but I can understand why the local support would be so disillusioned with it all,I was in the kop with a pall and there was what seemed like Norwegians all around us and let's just say they were taking in the atmosphere rather then creating it

I think we can all agree that Norwegians are the worst.

• Advertisement

They're sound tbf and have great interest in Liverpool, they're just a bit quiet is all

They're sound tbf and have great interest in Liverpool, they're just a bit quiet is all

I was just joking, everyone knows the Dutch are the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

Well I can't speak towards the few Norwegians you bumped into in Liverpool but I do know I have worked the Norwegian Poker championships in Dublin for the past few years. Over 2000 Norwegians descend on The City West hotel each year for a week of nothing but poker and drinking 24/7 and my god do they create an atmosphere! Most fun poker tournament I have ever dealt at or played at in over 12 years.
    Maybe they get shy when sober and in smaller numbers in a foreign country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

The one and only Ryan Babel starts for Holland tonight,his 1st international start in 6 years, i remember thinking he was going to be something special

Yup...... had high hopes for him years back. Seems like 20 years ago TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fine plumage though.

I was just joking, everyone knows the Dutch are the worst.

Never back down even when you know you're wrong.

• Advertisement

State of this place!

A reaction gif gets as many thanks as pure genius and rambling from knex gets more!?
    Think I'll stop counting thanks, it's a thankless task.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    State of this place!

A reaction gif gets as many thanks as pure genius and rambling from knex gets more!?

Goddammit! I thought my lack of a thanks would perhaps go down as a "pop".
    Twas brilliant and now acknowledged.

State of this place!

iGWQO4S.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fellani injured and should be out of the game next saturday. Hopefully so because i could imagine him scoring a few headers against our defence

State of this place!

Thank me, I thank back.

• Advertisement

Thank me, I thank back.

Thanks! We be like the soviet army during WW2 - full of tanks.

Thanks! We be like the soviet army during WW2 - full of tanks.

People have told me I'm one of the biggest thankers they know.

ricero wrote: »
    Fellani injured and should be out of the game next saturday. Hopefully so because i could imagine him scoring a few headers against our defence

They'll miss his elbows.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The one and only Ryan Babel starts for Holland tonight,his 1st international start in 6 years, i remember thinking he was going to be something special

He was pretty good in that first season.

Hammer of a right foot, big, strong, quick. It's easy to see why we went for him.

Some good goals in there.
    Can't really remember where it went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Knex. wrote: »
    tok9, you know you'll never reach perfection, otherwise you'd be tok10.

Booyah.gif

Fite me irl.

Hey hey hey... we're all friends here!

gxuM60O.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

How many times have we heard this one about this Staveley person? I've definitely heard this story before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Gbear wrote: »
    Some good goals in there.
    Can't really remember where it went wrong.
    I'll forever associate Ryan Babbel with scoring a cracking goal to get us to 2-3, then we get a free kick looking for the equalizer. Ryan steps up and strikes it. It goes out for a throw-in.
    I think the downfall started before then though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

eyerer wrote: »
    I'll forever associate Ryan Babbel with scoring a cracking goal to get us to 2-3, then we get a free kick looking for the equalizer. Ryan steps up and strikes it. It goes out for a throw-in.
    I think the downfall started before then though

I remember Babel much more fondly than that. Hit the winner against United in September 2008, which was really special for me as it was my first time in Anfield. The buzz around the stadium after the goal was indescribable.

Just can't dislike Mr. Copter after that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Clickbait stuff from the Mirror I'd say.

Was widely reported in the days around the match that she was there representing a buyer for Newcastle, which obviously makes much more sense for a lot of reasons - not least that the match was in Newcastle.

Nice little profit there for fsg if they do eventually sell for that price,even taking into account the new stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nice little profit there for fsg if they do eventually sell for that price,even taking into account the new stand

That valuation is just another sign that this is just a garbage story from the Mirror. Doubt they'd be 'slapping' on a figure significantly lower than last years Forbes valuation.

The whole story just makes no sense, if you're seriously going to a club's match to speak to them around sales... I have to assume you go to a home match, not an away one. Which is what she was mostly likely doing.

But I guess the mirror are all too aware that Liverpool stories get clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Would you be happy if we were sold to a Arab or Chinese investment crowd with endless money to buy us the best players on the market with fees and wages no object?

Like this post if you would .

:)

I don't think money is a big problem tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Would you be happy if we were sold to a Arab or Chinese investment crowd with endless money to buy us the best players on the market with fees and wages no object?

:)

Liverpool have no money issues unless you think a team of Messi's is something to strive for, Holding onto Coutinho proved that. We need a manager who is less picky ;)

If it means success then yes,27years is too long for this club to be waiting for a title,we only have so long to live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Keita scored and was sent off last night. He's a firey hoor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

We need a manager who is less picky ;)

Or we have to give the manager and owners time to implement their plan in a responible way (which takes time) and let the club grow without major debts and baggage the club cannot manage around its neck.

Some people here expect the club to spend big in every window....which is something the owners/Klopp have never said they would do. The said they would spend if needed however would do it in a responible manner. The dream is for the club to be self suffient and if that means waiting another 5-6 years for success I would be willing to wait.

Having seen BVB as a season ticket holder go bust and then seeing Klopp with Zorc and Watzke rebuild it I am 110% sure the way the LFC is moving is the right way. LFC will/should never end up in the situation it was in before FSG came in and saved the club at the last minute. I would hope that in 5-6 years LFC are in a situation similar to Bayern Munich or BVB where they have a bank accoount with 50-60/100-200 million in it to buy those players they need when they need them, not having to spend to balance the books etc.. Overall the summer window showed the owners are willing to support Klopp...he didnt get everything he wanted but we have Keita next summer and VVD is making sounds of another drama in Jan., Salah is in and doing the business...needs time to settle and improve as do 90% of Klopps signings. Lewandowski needed nearly 18 months and Auba needed 12-18 months before they were classed as good/world class.

Fact is very simple....no one here knows what/who the club have lined up, nor do they know which players have said come back for me then or then..my contract is running down etc. We have to trust the owners and let them run their assist as they see fit. As fans we have no right to dictate....very much like many men/women here wouldnt allow the mother in law to dictate how they spend their wages if she brings the kids a present every Friday or brings a bottle of wine every time she visits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement