Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I agree with you!

In other news the head phyiso has been binned according to the Telegraph and Amanda Stavley is trying to do a deal for her middle eastern masters according to the Mirror. It's amazing how people assume because she was in the crowd against Newcastle there must be something afoot. Maybe it's Newcastle who are being bought - someone needs to get it out of Ashley's grubby mits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

I agree with you!

In other news the head phyiso has been binned according to the Telegraph and Amanda Stavley is trying to do a deal for her middle eastern masters according to the Mirror. It's amazing how people assume because she was in the crowd against Newcastle there must be something afoot. Maybe it's Newcastle who are being bought - someone needs to get it out of Ashley's grubby mits.

Head physio is gone, read that yesterday and the first thing that came to mind was that Klopp has someone else lined up. Then I remembered that he took in Christopher Rohrbeck who he head hunted from Mainz over the summer. Maybe Klopp has a replacement already in house.

As for Stavley....I assume she is playing the press to push the price down for Newcastle. Ashley has publically said he cant keep up with other clubs and in the hands of the right owners the club has great potential.
    Can see Ashley buying Rangers outright with the money he makes ;)
    A Scottish club would be his level and he would make money....CL every year for minimal investment in comparision to what he would have to spend in the PL to get the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Keita scored and was sent off last night. He's a firey hoor.

Shelvey mark 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

sword1 wrote: »
    Shelvey mark 2

I think he has more talent in his little toe than Shelvey... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Fieldog wrote: »

How's the rest of his body though? Hope he's not a reverse Achilles.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »

Is your little toe that important for soccer though

I need to type faster

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

sword1 wrote: »
    Is your little toe that important for soccer though

Try playing without it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Ask that guy with the ingrown toe nails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Would you be happy if we were sold to a Arab or Chinese investment crowd with endless money to buy us the best players on the market with fees and wages no object?

Like this post if you would .

:)

Liverpool have no money issues unless you think a team of Messi's is something to strive for, Holding onto Coutinho proved that. We need a manager who is less picky ;)

If Liverpool had more money the Keita and Van Dijk deals would have happened this Summer imo, not that I'd particular want Arab style owners

rgace wrote: »
    If Liverpool had more money the Keita and Van Dijk deals would have happened this Summer imo, not that I'd particular want Arab style owners

How would the Keita deal have happened.

Red Bulls owning familys (Austrian and Thai) said no. They could walk into FSG offices and buy their full portfolio of sports franchises as the Yanks call them and still have enough money left to buy Man City and Chelsea for the sake of it. They are another level financially.....very few could keep up with them if they were to start spending wildly.

Unfortunately its not enough for a buying club to have the money...you also have a selling club who need/want the money. That was the case with Barca this summer...they sold Neymar to finance new buys...they needed PSGs money and PSG knew it.

VVD was never happening over the summer as the owners are/were trying to get investment or to sell the club. Jan or next summer will be a different story....now the Chinese are in. You cant ask for mega money from an investor and sell your best player at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Me when i heard the news of a potential take over this morning

homer-crosses-fingers.jpg

ricero wrote: »
    Me when i heard the news of a potential take over this morning

homer-crosses-fingers.jpg

Very good, you are following Newcastle now?

How would the Keita deal have happened.

Red Bulls owning familys (Austrian and Thai) said no. They could walk into FSG offices and buy their full portfolio of sports franchises as the Yanks call them and still have enough money left to buy Man City and Chelsea for the sake of it. They are another level financially.....very few could keep up with them if they were to start spending wildly.

Unfortunately its not enough for a buying club to have the money...you also have a selling club who need/want the money. That was the case with Barca this summer...they sold Neymar to finance new buys...they needed PSGs money and PSG knew it.

VVD was never happening over the summer as the owners are/were trying to get investment or to sell the club. Jan or next summer will be a different story....now the Chinese are in. You cant ask for mega money from an investor and sell your best player at the same time.

But the Keita deal did happen, just not this Summer so Red Bull are clearly making some kind of business decision and to say there is no amount of money that would have signed VVD is plainly ridiculous

But the Keita deal did happen, just not this Summer so Red Bull are clearly making some kind of business decision and to say there is no amount of money that would have signed VVD is plainly ridiculous

Yes Red Bull allowed us to sign him now for next season to gain a few million more and keep him away from domestic clubs such as Bayern and BVB who were sniffing. Dont believe for one moment that Red Bull did us a good turn. They know as do everyone else that he can move next summer as he has a clause in his contract with a fixed sum. Instead of selling him then....they earned a few bob more and still have him this season. Liverpool wanted him last summer...RB wanted to keep him.

At the end RB got what they wanted...not Liverpool. Liverpool accepted a compromise, nothing more, nothing less.

Yes Red Bull allowed us to sign him now for next season to gain a few million more and keep him away from domestic clubs such as Bayern and BVB who were sniffing. Dont believe for one moment that Red Bull did us a good turn. They know as do everyone else that he can move next summer as he has a clause in his contract with a fixed sum. Instead of selling him then....they earned a few bob more and still have him this season. Liverpool wanted him last summer...RB wanted to keep him.

At the end RB got what they wanted...not Liverpool. Liverpool accepted a compromise, nothing more, nothing less.

I am sure this is boring everybody so I will leave it here, but I did not sugest they did us a good turn.

If Liverpool had unlimited money thry definately would have pushed through the VVD deal and would have a decent chance of signing Keita

VVD was a **** up by the club not a money issue, had that all been handled correctly 65-70m would have got him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If they had unlimited funds they could have signed Neymar aswell

FSG Out

redzerdrog wrote: »
    If they had unlimited funds they could have signed Neymar aswell

FSG Out

Sure they could have got Suarez, Messi and Neymar...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

FSG have been at the club for 7 years and we have not signed one world class player during their reign.

I find their transfer side of things small time and infuriating. Love an owner that will sign us ready made stars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Sure they could have got Suarez, Messi and Neymar...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

If Ben Woodburn scores the goal for Wales that puts them through and Ireland out will there be a petition to sell him to Hamilton Academicals or similar? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Egypt a goal up and one M Salah on the scoresheet.
    Guess who's winning fans' player of the month for October?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

VVD was a **** up by the club not a money issue, had that all been handled correctly 65-70m would have got him.

He is a CB. 70m is nuts money for him regardless of current crazy valuations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

mosstin wrote: »
    Egypt a goal up and one M Salah on the scoresheet.
    Guess who's winning fans' player of the month for October?

He's just scored a second in the 95th minute to win it for Egypt.

But don't mind me - carry on debating about **** that genuinely doesn't make any difference now.

Salah needs to find that form for Liverpool, that said it could be that he should have scored 8 goals tonight.

edit - the second was from the spot. Doesn't count really as he doesn't take them for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Mo Salah scores again.
    Mo Salah scores again.
    Mo Salah scores again, scores again, scores again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭mormank

But to say there was no amount that they would sell for that would make the transfer + EV is not ridiculous. Same situation with us and Coutinho. That is to say sure if Barca offered us 6 billion for example for Coutinho we would probably have accepted that but that would have been a hugely -EV deal for Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Last year we had Mane return from AFCON after missing a penalty that put his country out, now we've got Salah coming back after scoring a penalty that puts his country into their first World Cup in 28 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://streamable.com/cnd2t

Salah saves the day ,Send them to World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FSG have been at the club for 7 years and we have not signed one world class player during their reign.

I find their transfer side of things small time and infuriating. Love an owner that will sign us ready made stars

giphy.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Last year we had Mane return from AFCON after missing a penalty that put his country out, now we've got Salah coming back after scoring a penalty that puts his country into their first World Cup in 28 years.

Ireland Egypt in that world cup was one of the worst games ever, and that's saying something. Horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can on the scoresheet too now.

murpho999 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Come off it nobody regarded suarez world class at the time we signed him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who was the last world class player signed by any English club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can absolutely thunder****ed the ball in anyway

https://imgtc.com/w/CqKU1H5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Paul Pogahahahahahahahaahhaha no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Torres was probably the last signing we made that people had to pinch themselves,we made Luis world-class,he wasn't when he joined us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Probably Ozil or Di Maria, massive successes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Are we talking pre-Bendtner or post-Bendtner here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

murpho999 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I think it was Rebel who was going on and on about how great this Suarez chap was in the Eredivisie aeons before anyone had an inkling about him (certainly was a good bit before the World Cup save controversy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

So you actually want the owners to sign players. Is that what you are saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Liverpool captain getting slaughtered again on social media for being useless for England with his sideways and backways passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The Liverpool captain getting slaughtered again on social media for being useless for England with his sideways and backways passing.

Tbf that whole England side is pretty poor bar kane

Pity Kloppo can't get the best out of Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Torres was probably the last signing we made that people had to pinch themselves,we made Luis world-class,he wasn't when he joined us

So much silliness lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kante?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

But are they top top top players or only top top players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Ibra? Morata?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement