Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Henderson works very hard and will always get a 6 rating he will never get a 9.
    if we are going to play the 4 attackers we need better sitting in the middle of the pitch.
    We also need someone who can actually organise a defence even if it is a short term solution. someone who can teach the likes of gomes, ta etc
    I know chielini is 33 but his contract ends in the summer offer them decent money and give him a bumper payday.
    Or perhaps put in bid for mascherano who is out of contract in june 19.
    I feel it is real experiance that we need at this stage.
    We should seriously look at deVrij who can talk to clubs at christmas do a deal and then try to bring him in early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That's the problem with the midfield they work hard - Henderson, Can, Wiji all work hard but they don't have the impetus to effect the attacking play or control a game. Hoping we can get Keita in January as from what I've seen he offers something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Not much happening in here lately. I'll concentrate on my muesli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Neymer instructs PSG to sign Coutinho according to the DM. Soon we'll have all the money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4962198/PSG-enter-race-sign-Liverpool-star-Philippe-Coutinho.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Neymer instructs PSG to sign Coutinho according to the DM. Soon we'll have all the money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4962198/PSG-enter-race-sign-Liverpool-star-Philippe-Coutinho.html

Bidding war!! Will Barca want to lose face two years in a row to PSG?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Bidding war!! Will Barca want to lose face two years in a row to PSG?! :)

Eleventy billion and not a cent less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd take £75m for him along with Cavani & Rabiot off PSG

If Barca want him it's £300m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Liverpool have six players on 100k sterling a week or more. Coutinho, Salah and henderson would be in the preferred starting eleven. Milner, sturridge and chamberlain would be out of favour. It's a pity that after getting a role for milner the idea has been totally dropped. We have little chance of moving him or sturridge on as their wages are too high. It's alot of cash to sit on the bench. If there is no improvement in perfomances henderson will probably be mostly a substitute this time next year. As for chamberlain at least he is younger and maybe a use can be found for him yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Can absolutely thunder****ed the ball in anyway

https://imgtc.com/w/CqKU1H5

What a goal, can't stop watching it.
    We need to give him a golden toilet or something.
    Wonderful, descriptive language btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

That Can goal, am I being harsh by saying it looks like the keeper should be doing a lot more? I didn't see a different angle but looked straight enough?

Lovely goal though all the same....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

NukaCola wrote: »
    That Can goal, am I being harsh by saying it looks like the keeper should be doing a lot more? I didn't see a different angle but looked straight enough?

Lovely goal though all the same....

Ball wobbles like mad in the air, looks like it's curving one way then just stops dead.

Great hit but doesn't really change anything with Can. Nothing the club can do if he wants to leave and he hasn't put in enough great performances to convince the club that he's any better than just good.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Am I the only one who is dreading Saturday's game? Really can't see anything other than a comprehensive win for United, though I have been wrong before, once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I cannot wait. Genuinely confident. We're due some luck, we do well with Klopp in the big games, so naturally we'll lose 8-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Barnavave wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is dreading Saturday's game? Really can't see anything other than a comprehensive win for United, though I have been wrong before, once.

Awww. Don't be scared bro. We'll hammer them. Then draw with the mighty Maribor of somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Barnavave wrote: »

I doubt they will even come looking for a comprehensive win. Keep it tight and hope they nick something is the usual Mourinho way in the big games. Especially away from home. They've looked good in fairness but they haven't really played anyone decent yet.

There is a chance that Utd's midfield will be even crappier than Liverpools.

Lallana off to Qatar for rehab in the sun, article says won't be back for a month! :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4963442/Liverpool-send-Adam-Lallana-rehab-Qatar.html

Woodburn on the bench

/one third of a can of cider at the ready :pac:

So FSG are sending Lallana over to Qatar to be their negotiator in the sale of the club.

Interesting development.

Coutinho & Mane on the 30 man shortlist for the Ballon d'Or.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cheeky bid for Randolph

• Advertisement

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Cheeky bid for Randolph

No thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Cheeky bid for Randolph

Cheeky bid for Shane Duffy!! Could do with some proper hard tackling, defence organising muscle in defence!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Jesus Wept wrote:
    Cheeky bid for Randolph

Been quality the last few times I've seen him play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Cheeky bid for Shane Duffy!! Could do with some proper hard tackling, defence organising muscle in defence!!

He can't be any worse than Lovren.

I'd take the whole Irish back 5 at this stage :pac:

So weird supporting a team comfortable dealing with crosses.

They'd be just like the current LFC back line though. It's not the players its the system and coaching.

They'd be just like the current LFC back line though. It's not the players its the system and coaching.

Fine so, Martin O Neill in to coach corners :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Kenny Cunningham would be a class defensive coach.

*assumes fetal position in anticipation of kicking*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Every ball that goes into the Irish box I'm expecting it to be headed out,with Liverpool I'm expecting the net to bulge but funnily enough I'm very confident for Saturday we are due a game where everything just clicks and I think it will against utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yeah I was thinking, will they keep a clean sheet to get the win?
    Liverpool wouldn't have but Ireland did :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If just one of Duffy's feet was a head, he'd be some player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ricero wrote: »
    Fellani injured and should be out of the game next saturday. Hopefully so because i could imagine him scoring a few headers against our defence

I would prefer to see him on the pitch tbh as he is not a big game player

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/10/emotional-connection-joe-gomez-insists-jurgen-klopp-backing-liverpool-squad/

“An emotional connection” – Joe Gomez insists Jurgen Klopp has backing of Liverpool squad

Hopefully results improve soon so that FSG don't follow suit with the dreaded vote of confidence in public.

I wonder will Klopp have a go at the crowd if things aren't going to plan on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'm worried about Saturday. I think we'll be up against it if United do push on and attack us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

doc_17 wrote: »
    I'm worried about Saturday. I think we'll be up against it if United do push on and attack us.
    No chance , Jose will have them sit back, he knows they only need to draw the away games against the other top 6, He wont risk losing he plays percentages,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

No chance , Jose will have them sit back, he knows they only need to draw the away games against the other top 6, He wont risk losing he plays percentages,

They can sit deep and pick their moment, we leave ourselves completely legs akimbo and ankles behind ears for a counter attack, and they have the pace to take full advantage.

A draw is a bad result for us at the moment though.
    13 points after 8 games is very ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Augeo wrote: »

A draw is a bad result for us at the moment though.
    13 points after 8 games is very ish.
    That's exactly what Jose will say if it is a draw, he'll be happy as a pig in s*it and remind everyone that we needed a win and they didn't;
    I just can't take them beating us, a win for us will be massive for confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

corwill wrote: »
    They can sit deep and pick their moment, we leave ourselves completely legs akimbo and ankles behind ears for a counter attack, and they have the pace to take full advantage.

Sexy.

• Advertisement

That's exactly what Jose will say if it is a draw.............

He'll be correct so should he say it :D
    Hopefully we win though so he won't get the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

corwill wrote:

We are always good to give away at least one chance a game. Even Palace managed to have a great one.
    Not a bit confident about it but I'm hoping that the international break will throw the form book out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Augeo wrote: »
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/10/emotional-connection-joe-gomez-insists-jurgen-klopp-backing-liverpool-squad/

“An emotional connection” – Joe Gomez insists Jurgen Klopp has backing of Liverpool squad

Hopefully results improve soon so that FSG don't follow suit with the dreaded vote of confidence in public.

I wonder will Klopp have a go at the crowd if things aren't going to plan on Saturday.

I can't figure out how we're at the stage that Klopp even needs anything remotely like a vote of confidence. Progress this season has been slow, sure, but it's still very early days. I'm pretty certain FSG are with Klopp for the long haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ERG89 wrote: »
    We are always good to give away at least one chance a game. Even Palace managed to have a great one.
    Not a bit confident about it but I'm hoping that the international break will throw the form book out the window.

The last international break certainly threw our ****ing form out the window.

mosstin wrote: »
    ............ I'm pretty certain FSG are with Klopp for the long haul.

Of course they are, as long as results improve.

Mane out for 6 weeks with a hamstring injury.

I'm done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

FFS Sadio Mane is out for up to six weeks with a hamstring injury that he got over the international break

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd prefer to have Mane, but we do have cover in AOC/Salah/Fun Bobby/Coutinho/Sturride

actually, when is Lallana due back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Last season I'd have been really worried but we have Salah this season, still....****!

Give Ox his big chance I guess.

Games Mane will miss if he's out for 6 weeks:

United (H)
    Maribor (A)
    Spurs (A)
    Huddersfield (H)
    Maribor (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Sevilla (A)