Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Young Ben might get a bit closer to the first team as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Obviously massive to lose one of our 2 best players for this long, but this is why we spent £70m on wingers over the summer. You would hope some of the lads on the bench will step up, whether that be moving Coutinho to the wing and bringing in another CM or playing Ox/Woodburn on the left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Season over

We are consistently sh1t without Mane, this is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's a disaster about mane.

He's a tad injury prone isn't he?
    Most speedy folk are to be fair.

Augeo wrote: »
    He's a tad injury prone isn't he?

No? last season he got injured from an awful tackle, one hamstring pull doesn't make someone injury prone.

No? last season he got injured from an awful tackle, one hamstring pull doesn't make someone injury prone.

That's what the question mark was for, I didn't remember the detail on last year. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

****ing hell, if this lets Sturridge back in I'll scream. Play Coutinho on the left and keep Danny and Ox on the bench where they belong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd prefer to have Mane, but we do have cover in AOC/Salah/Fun Bobby/Coutinho/Sturride

actually, when is Lallana due back?

Mid November.

No way to sugarcoat this. Losing Mane for 6 weeks is a ****ing disaster.

• Advertisement

****ing hell, if this lets Sturridge back in I'll scream. Play Coutinho on the left and keep Danny and Ox on the bench where they belong.

I'd rather Ox on the left and Coutinho remaining in midfield than going back to a midfield trio of Henderson/Can/Wijnaldum.

I know everyone shíts on Ox and I get that he's not been good in his extremely limited game time so far but we didn't buy him to not use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We are ****ed. Massive loss.

I would give ox a run on the wing. Rather coutinho deep in a midfield 3

That's both Mane and Lallana who are going to miss a big chunk of the first half of the season. Just can't afford injuries like that to key players.

Part of the reason Chelsea did so well last season is that they more or less had a fully fit squad all season. Makes a big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Would be great if this was a Klopp mind game, you know like Fergie used to do saying a player was injured and unlikely to play and low and behold when the game came around and teams announced player is on the team sheet

I know everyone sh on Ox and I get that he's not been good in his extremely limited game time so far but we didn't buy him to not use.

Indeed.
    Klopp clearly was quite keen to sign him, this is both an opportunity for Ox to shine and to show that he is better than an Arsenal midfield bench option :)

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Klopp clearly was quite keen to sign him, this is both an opportunity for Ox to shine and to show that he is better than an Arsenal midfield bench option :)

He's not.

Ox is what he is. He's been around for ages now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

He's not.

He's 24, get a grip

He's 24, get a grip

Well if he suddenly becomes a new player at 25 get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Would rather accommodate Milner in the side than play AOC tbh.

• Advertisement

He's not.

mmmm, I dunno, a run of games might do him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Benzino wrote: »
    Would rather accommodate Milner in the side than play AOC tbh.

****ing hell, if the lad we spent £35 million can't step up to the plate for the next few weeks then there was absolutely no point in signing him.
    I didn't want him signed but we were obviously keen, as were Chelsea so there's certainly ability there. Worrying thing for me is that he hasn't really seemed desperately keen to make an impression in the couple of times I've seen him. His form towards the end of his time at Arsenal was awful and he's been very poor for England last couple of matches.
    Right, well, eh, I've now convinced myself that he should stay on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Typical luck with mane,but if the ox doesn't step up to the plate now then why did we buy him,start him against utd and give the fella a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

mosstin wrote: »
    ****ing hell, if the lad we spent £35 million can't step up to the plate for the next few weeks then there was absolutely no point in signing him.
    I didn't want him signed but we were obviously keen, as were Chelsea so there's certainly ability there. Worrying thing for me is that he hasn't really seemed desperately keen to make an impression in the couple of times I've seen him. His form towards the end of his time at Arsenal was awful and he's been very poor for England last couple of matches.
    Right, well, eh, I've now convinced myself that he should stay on the bench.

I was just saying if it was me, I wouldn't play him. Klopp will cause he has faith in him. I don't, I don't think he will come good for us, hope I'm wrong though. I personally think Milner would do a better job in the side.

It's a good opportunity for AOC though, he needs to take it.

I thought Chelsea were only interested due to them needing homegrown players? Could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Benzino wrote: »
    I was just saying if it was me, I wouldn't play him. Klopp will cause he has faith in him. I don't, I don't think he will come good for us, hope I'm wrong though. I personally think Milner would do a better job in the side.

It's a good opportunity for AOC though, he needs to take it.

I thought Chelsea were only interested due to them needing homegrown players? Could be wrong though.

Doesn't mean that they had to spend almost £40 million on a player just to fulfill that need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Imagine a season with no injuries....ahhhhh......

Massive blow. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Any chance we could get Millie to play LB again, just to have some stability at the back for the Utd game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lallana is due back next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Lallana is due back next week

Nah, he's out for at least another month or so. He just flew off to Qatar for the next stage of treatment.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/10/adam-lallana-heads-qatar-thigh-injury-rehabilitation-continues/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

brevity wrote: »
    H

There's brevity and then there's brevity :pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    There's brevity and then there's brevity :pac:

You know what they say, brevity is the sou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kenny.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd play Solanke ahead of either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Max Allegri is also going to have three names in envelopes, only they're going to brown, full of cash and contain the names of referees. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Those things are often brilliant... ours just happened to be garbage. But the Swansea one, and the Barcelona one are great. And there are tonnes of US series following NFL teams behind the scenes that are brilliant.

It was just totally the wrong time to be doing one. If Kenny had still been there, as was the plan when 'Pool signed on, I think it could have been really interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I see all the papers in Barcelona are running with a deal for coutinho will happen in January. At this stage I would honestly sell him to anyone else in Spain or any other league in Europe over Barcelona. I wouldn't sell them a virus now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I see all the papers in Barcelona are running with a deal for coutinho will happen in January. At this stage I would honestly sell him to anyone else in Spain or any other league in Europe over Barcelona. I wouldn't sell them a virus now

Not really any difference with the VVD situation and ourselves

• Morning all....
    This weekend should be fun......

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho will be sold in the summer most likely. I would sell him to PSG if they can bypass FFP.
    Need some players to step up with Mane out.

I seen some stat that Salah has sprinted more than any other player in the PL this season. He may need a rest soon too to avoid injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Those things are often brilliant... ours just happened to be garbage. But the Swansea one, and the Barcelona one are great. And there are tonnes of US series following NFL teams behind the scenes that are brilliant.

It was just totally the wrong time to be doing one. If Kenny had still been there, as was the plan when 'Pool signed on, I think it could have been really interesting.

If it’s even half as good as Last chance U, it will a must watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If things are not sorted by next summer, mainly the goalkeeper & defense, then I hope Couthinho leaves for Barcelona because he will win fcuk all with this shambles.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Need some players to step up with Mane out. ...................

Well we have a contingency plan after signing Salah and Ox so we time to test that now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I see all the papers in Barcelona are running with a deal for coutinho will happen in January.

Jaysus Barca dont let up do they, they be fighting for independence from Spain on a Saturday and then trying to steal Coutinho on a Wednesday. Busy times for that lot, do they ever sleep?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If things are not sorted by next summer, mainly the goalkeeper & defense, then I hope Couthinho leaves for Barcelona because he will win fcuk all with this shambles.

That's the spirit!

You must live a joyous life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

5starpool wrote: »
    That's the spirit!

You must live a joyous life.

He ain't telling no lies though is he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Give Woodburn a chance , we need some unpredictability against Jose. Something unexpected is needed to win this game, whether it's personnel or tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

shamrock55 wrote: »
    He ain't telling no lies though is he

Well he just went on a bizarre, toys out of the pram, opinion based tantrum based on nothing but speculation and conjecture.

There wasn't exactly an attempt to bring facts to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Give Woodburn a chance , we need some unpredictability against Jose. Something unexpected is needed to win this game, whether it's personnel or tactics.

Start Brad Jones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement