Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ardinn wrote: »
    Friday the 13th too

:eek:

Friday October the 13th is the anniversary of the day the King of France had all Templars arrested which some believe lead to myth of Friday the 13th being unlucky :D

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Last.

I'm confident about tomorrow.

I used to be confident there would be a tomorrow but since Trump became the most powerful man on earth that confidence is diminishing by the day :P

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm always disappointed to find out when people are of the 15 posts per page variety. It like finding out someone believes that the earth is flat.

It used to make the thread feel like it was moving along at a good pace but over the last few months it shows how slow Boards has actually become with less traffic and the sense of community slowing disappearing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I used to be confident there would be a tomorrow but since Trump became the most powerful man on earth that confidence is diminishing by the day :P

We all know the most powerful man on earth is a toss up between yer man from North Korea, or that Beast lad that played centre forward in the lower leagues against us in the cup a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It used to make the thread feel like it was moving along at a good pace but over the last few months it shows how slow Boards has actually become with less traffic and the sense of community slowing disappearing.

Soon there will be about five of us - trading memes (except me naturally as I'm too old to know what they are)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm always disappointed to find out when people are of the 15 posts per page variety. It like finding out someone believes that the earth is flat.

15 posts is the right amount for me, more often than not I'm using a tablet and it doesn't respond well to more than 15 posts per page, especially when there are images or gifs, and this thread in particular is a bad offender for that (yes it's often my own fault).

You might call my theory stupid, but quite frankly you can jump off the edge of the earth and do one mate. :)

Mr.H wrote: »
    I know the debate has been done to death but I really dont think our defenders are as bad as they seem.........................

The team need to be switched on at all times. ............. But we do need to stay switched on. We are well able to defend but the little mistakes need to be sorted quickly. No more dwelling on the ball when a striker is closing down. No more switching off at set plays. ................... We need VVD. Not because he will be the answer to our defensive errors but because we need a leader to ensure our players dont go to sleep.

I think we all know the system is at least half the reason for our issues. That accepted neither of our keepers are good enough and Moreno definitely isn't good enough.

I don't think Virgil will do what you hope/expect tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Martin Keown says that Klopp should have asked Mane not to get injured on international duty. He reckons Mourinho said it to Lukaku, which is why he's fit for Saturday.

Klopp will be kicking himself that he didn't think of that. Football punditry is great.

That's even worse than the Phil Neville one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote: »
    I think we all know the system is at least half the reason for our issues. That accepted neither of our keepers are good enough and Moreno definitely isn't good enough.

I don't think Virgil will do what you hope/expect tbh.

Maybe it is only wishful thinking on my part but I hope he is the leader we need at the back

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

martyos121 wrote: »
    15 posts is the right amount for me, more often than not I'm using a tablet and it doesn't respond well to more than 15 posts per page, especially when there are images or gifs, and this thread in particular is a bad offender for that (yes it's often my own fault).

You might call my theory stupid, but quite frankly you can jump off the edge of the earth and do one mate. :)

Nope, you're wrong, I'm right.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Last.

I'm confident about tomorrow.

I'm not for two reasons.
    1 - We're very likely to concede at some point.
    2 - We're very unlikely to score

(Although I think it'l lbe closer than people think)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm not for two reasons.
    1 - We're very likely to concede at some point.
    2 - We're very unlikely to score

(Although I think it'l lbe closer than people think)

I think Jose is going to continue with his more expressive, attacking football. Other teams are shutting up shop against us and we cant break down the door. With how Jose is going to make them play, it should be a more open game for our counter. I see a high scoring win as opposed to a low scoring snoozefest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I think Jose is going to continue with his more expressive, attacking football. Other teams are shutting up shop against us and we cant break down the door. With how Jose is going to make them play, it should be a more open game for our counter. I see a high scoring win as opposed to a low scoring snoozefest.

I hope you're right, but I can see him parking the bus again. He does it when he needs to and he does it well - why change?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Over 10K posts, new thread incoming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement